The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

okay. DE may have inflated the rate of scanning Data-Hash. and...?

mikakor

The whole farce boils down that there need not be a fake progress bar to begin with.  How about a more concrete time threshold on the minimum and maximum time the event can last so players can choose whether/when to participate?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

If DE gives us an event that can fail and we choose to fail it, they should just grow a pair and let it fail. Inflating the numbers is like having a railroading GM in a tabletop RPG.

A key difference is that it takes a tabletop DM a couple of minutes to adapt to whatever their players are doing and write new encounters. It takes DE weeks if not *months* of team effort by high skilled people to put together a major event. For a video game it's not just words on paper, it's an interactive program that requires models, textures, animations, sounds, front-end code, back-end code, QA, marketing... The amount of effort is simply not comparable.  If you wanted a studio to make a game reactively to fundamental decisions about the game world that their customers make, the turnaround time would be extremely long because you have all these hundreds of people that can't start work until they know what they're working on.

I think you would not really be happy with the effect this has on the pace of the game's development.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Momaw said:

A key difference is that it takes a tabletop DM a couple of minutes to adapt to whatever their players are doing and write new encounters. It takes DE weeks if not *months* of team effort by high skilled people to put together a major event. For a video game it's not just words on paper, it's an interactive program that requires models, textures, animations, sounds, front-end code, back-end code, QA, marketing... The amount of effort is simply not comparable.  If you wanted a studio to make a game reactively to fundamental decisions about the game world that their customers make, the turnaround time would be extremely long because you have all these hundreds of people that can't start work until they know what they're working on.

I think you would not really be happy with the effect this has on the pace of the game's development.

All the more reason to not do events like this, then, as I said previously. Yes, inflating the numbers was the best (and arguably only) way out of the mess DE created for themselves. That would be excusable if this was the first or possibly second mess they created for themselves in this exact way, but it wasn't. I've honestly lost count. This is a lesson that should've been learned years ago.

8 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Why should they get something? Why do they need that to do it? I did it cos it's different, not cos I cared what I got from it. I hope the next phase is only available to people who bothered to participate, that would serve them right. I'm so sick of this attitude from them. 

If players have no incentive to do something, they won't. That's the point and it was proven by this operation full stop. 

"Warframe is a farming simulator" meme is totally right. Most players will only do what they need to do. Players don't need to scan random PDA's simply to get nothing out of it. 

Hell, people not knowing Ordis story via scanning the orbs and then randomly clicking around a screen is proof people won't do what they don't have to in this game. 

Edited by Fire2box

3 hours ago, Fire2box said:

If players have no incentive to do something, they won't. That's the point and it was proven by this operation full stop. 

"Warframe is a farming simulator" meme is totally right. Most players will only do what they need to do. Players don't need to scan random PDA's simply to get nothing out of it. 

Hell, people not knowing Ordis story via scanning the orbs and then randomly clicking around a screen is proof people won't do what they don't have to in this game. 

It never used to be that way. Players used to play the game not worry about what their reward was. It's pathetic.

27 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

It never used to be that way. Players used to play the game not worry about what their reward was. It's pathetic.

Some still do. I personally play for the sake of experiencing the game. Never really felt a content drought, as the gameplay alone is enough to keep me hooked.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Some still do. I personally play for the sake of experiencing the game. Never really felt a content drought, as the gameplay alone is enough to keep me hooked.

Respect bro.

The casual crowd is ruining this game and DE pandering to their salty tears is helping that. 

Just now, Ultimatesoup said:

Pandering? How so?

You're kidding right? Giving everyone the scans even though they didn't bother doing the event? Making nightwave challenges noticeavly easier already, phwoar that open 20 lockers one had me sweating...

And a dozen more obvious examples, Fortuna being easy as to rank up with everything accessible not in tiers etc

Please, the game has been getting easier and easier the more that salty tears fill the forums and threaten to drown us. I can't believe you need me to validate this for you.

21 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

No, I feel disappointed because after so many years they still haven't learned that community events shouldn't be done in the first place.

Yes, thinking that players would ignore an event to unlock Tau is indeed very dumb.

You wanna know something that will blow your mind? Players ignored the scanning event precisely because they knew DE would not let it fail.

I think community events are a good thing tbh, just dont stake so much on one.

On another note, I had no idea that the event was to unlock Tau.

I just didn't do it because it was a pain to look for the things and by the time I heard that they were at dedicated locations, and not random spawns, the event was over.

il y a 4 minutes, Zilchy a dit :

You're kidding right? Giving everyone the scans even though they didn't bother doing the event? Making nightwave challenges noticeavly easier already, phwoar that open 20 lockers one had me sweating...

And a dozen more obvious examples, Fortuna being easy as to rank up with everything accessible not in tiers etc

Please, the game has been getting easier and easier the more that salty tears fill the forums and threaten to drown us. I can't believe you need me to validate this for you.

I just wanted to be sure, but basically this just proves you didn't read what I said page 4.

First, you're blaming players not to spam a very boring event with no real reward, litteraly no incentive.

Second,  "casual" in Warframe have no sense. The game by itself is very easy mechanically speaking, but the amount of stuff to do and the amount of informations to have makes it very time-consuming. "Fortuna being easy as to rank up with everything accessible not in tiers" : Your "easy" means that you waste less time spamming bounties over and over again than PoE.

Third, you started the game before me, how can you not know the events are scripted not to fail? This is hardly the first time DE does this.

5 hours ago, Insizer said:

I think community events are a good thing tbh, just dont stake so much on one.

On another note, I had no idea that the event was to unlock Tau.

I just didn't do it because it was a pain to look for the things and by the time I heard that they were at dedicated locations, and not random spawns, the event was over.

the event has nothing to do with tau, it just unlocks exploiter boss fight. Anyways DE finished it artificially so the point is entirely moot. 

8 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Respect bro.

The casual crowd is ruining this game and DE pandering to their salty tears is helping that. 

Hate to break it to you, but I self-identify as a casual, so...

Arbitrary categorisation is moronic.