Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the Synoid Gammacor have such a low Disposition

xXIcyBladeXx

It has such a low disposition because of it used to be one of the best weapons but has all but been forgotten by DE I think even after it has been power crept out of existence. As for my opinion on it I think it needs a buff to how it used to be and a neutral disposition, Which if you were not aware it used to use much less ammo and be far more ammo efficient. Tis truly a tragedy that a weapon with so much potential has been forgotten...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

For the same reason weapons such as Boltor and Soma have poor dispos: they used to be meta but fell off and their dispositions were left untouched for a long time.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, xXIcyBladeXx said:

Why does the it have such a low dispo for rivens. Also what your opinion on the Synoid Gam. 

Weapons that were or are used a lot by the players (which means they are or were strong) will usually have low disposition to prevent their rivens from having stupidly high stats which would make the weapon REALLY OP.

• Like 1

Because it was a super popular side arm before it was nerfed, and a large part of riven disposition is based on popularity instead of just the stats of the weapon its for.
So the reason why?  Because synoid gammacor was super powerful and popular a while ago and had large usage numbers, and since Rivens were meant to cause people to use less popular weapons (as stated by DE quite a few times) more popular weapons get a lower disposition.

Its why rivens for any of the starter guns aren't going to have high dispositions purely due to new players using them, artificially inflating a weapons popularity.

Gammacor itself works well for me i have to say even with its flaws.

I say what i always say to Rivens, they should not be mandatory and the whole Riven system failed from the start, it was supposed to buff older weaker weapons but now we have this powercreep mess.

They are bonus for me, notihng more, eather i have a somewaht decent one i use or i ignore them, simple as it is, i not even roll more then 5 times at most, not worth my time and Kuva.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Catastor said:

false

kohm was and still powerful and it have a riven disposition of 5, gram prime the same thing, and also pyrana prime and redeemer prime .

Pyrana Prime has 3 of disposition, Redeemer Prime has 4 and Gram Prime has 5, obviously they will change on the next Disposition Balance, which will be announced by our beloved Cephalon Samodeus, so dont worry, their disposition will surely be nerfed like any other good weapon.

Dont know about Kohm though, since it heavily relies on its rivens to be viable imo.

34 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because it was a super popular side arm before it was nerfed, and a large part of riven disposition is based on popularity instead of just the stats of the weapon its for.
So the reason why?  Because synoid gammacor was super powerful and popular a while ago and had large usage numbers, and since Rivens were meant to cause people to use less popular weapons (as stated by DE quite a few times) more popular weapons get a lower disposition.

Its why rivens for any of the starter guns aren't going to have high dispositions purely due to new players using them, artificially inflating a weapons popularity.

Meanwhile, here in the real world: there were over 600 days spanning the gap between the last dispo update and the one  before that. Quite a few rivens got nerfed. Only a few got buffed. And nothing got buffed by much. Its hilarious.

The ONLY thing the disposition system accomplishes is creating an environment where players buying rivens can easily end up feeling screwed over when their riven drops in dispo, not necessarily because of balance at all but just because of usage.

2 minutes ago, Catastor said:

we crossed our fingers for tiberon,pyrana,gram,redeemer and yet jacksht changed .

dont hold your breath guys.

Pretty much. The Gram, Pyrana, and Tiberon should all be faint with how much power they have in my opinion. The Riven system as a whole is failing to do what it set out to do as of now and I don't think that can be argued.

stop spreading misinformation please, gram get his stats leaked and they were godly and yet he kept his 5 riven disposition for a whole year so what is the point of this riven system anyway ? why nerf and buff in the first place ? was not this system designed only to push garbo weapons from the bin ? why its still used and expanded upon like this .

and you dont know about kohm because you're blinded by the truth, and it never needed riven to be viable it was in fact released before riven was even a thing and it was kickass.

Riven dispositions dont change each week, I have been playing this game for 1 year now and I only got the whole Samodeus riven changes message once, and no, Gram Prime has NOT been around for 1 year, not even close, once again, Kohm is good, but there are objectively better shotguns hence why its need for a Riven whit good stats, Weapons that lack power will become decent at best whit a riven, but good weapons just get better even whit low dispositions, its a flawed system but thats how it works till DE actually finds a way to make MR fooder Weapons usable and not just a system that buffs good weapons even further.

Gram P, Pyrana P, Redeemer P and Tiberon P are sure to receive changes based on the statistics DE gathers, the more they are used the more nerfed to the ground they will be, simple, look at Opticor for example, its not miss information, its reality and is what DE has been doing, they change things based on their data, and I am pretty sure Pyrana is confirmed to get ts disposition nerfed together whit gram next update, but not sure

Riven disposition is a big mess.

They release a new prime weapon of a crappy weapon. If you are rich you buy the big prime pack 125 euro and you get 4.000 plat and guess what you do with so much plat? You buy a riven for such weapons. There is no reason for DE to balance the game, they release new OP weapons only. If rubico prime or gram prime or tiberon prime had 1 riven disposition no one would buy such weapons or a riven for them. When a  OP weapon is old or there are new ones then  the disposition will be nerfed.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

PrettI'lly much. The Gram, Pyrana, and Tiberon should all be faint with how much power they have in my opinion. The Riven system as a whole is failing to do what it set out to do as of now and I don't think that can be argued.

"What they set out to do" with it in the first place was a bad idea from get-go.

If anything all weapons should have always had the same dispo, and if that makes some weapons (Tigris prime) too op than adjust their base stats.

This is just balance with extra steps hidden under layers and layers of rng.

so you admitting that the Riven System is a failure and is making more problems than solving, glad to hear that .

Riven System in itself is bare bone, its just a mod that have 3 mods stuffed in it nothing groundbreaking or gaming changing when you think about it.

and DE have the absolute power and time to change riven dipossition everyday for pc atleast but they refuse to do it, and even if they did it nothing will change the fact that

riven is a cancer that needs to be eradicated from this game.

no amount of riven disposition change would fix sht, ppl will still gravitate toward the most powerful meta weapon out there because riven add nothing but powercreep .

Thats what I stated, Rivens are a double hedge sword, they arent powerful enough to buff the weakest weapons to usable levels, while the bust it gives to good weapons despite being low, is still a big buff whit the right stats, making the good weapon even better, the best option would be for DE to either just admit some weapons are meant to be starter weapons, or they make a system that hugely buffs weak weapons while doing nothing to the good weapons.

But now we just have to wait for the next Samodeus nerf.

i would add to that 

on speaking of rng this system was promised and made as a fix for weak weapons to shine but lets see how they design it :

every weapon weak meta and normal can use it .

you need rng to get it from sortie + rng on the type of the weapon + rng on the weapon itself + rng on getting a good roll when you unlocked + rng when rolling it with kuva

with require even more farming .

so in short its rng on top of rng on top of rng that require another rng with require hours of farming with boosters just so you can make meta weapon even more meta 

ITS MADNESS ! 

And even if they did update the riven disposition along that idea say, every week, at that point why should we even bother?

If I'm gonna go through all of that trouble to get a good riven for a gun I WANT IT to be overpowered. Why should I chase a God roll for my Latron prime if after all those layers all its gonna do is make it in the same tier as tiberon prime?* (Assuming tiberonnbhad poop dispo and latron didnt) (also I know latron prime isnt that bad but you get the point)

And there are some weapons that are just bad but still got there dispo nerfed in the last update anyway.