Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Feature: Disabling the Fishing Summary Screen

musicalsocks23

With the recent fishing nightwave mission, I realized the opportunity for a potentially great QoL feature.

Upon the successful catch of a fish, a screen pops up summarizing the fish including its type, size, weight and rarity. I believe that this screen is an unnecessary cut scene and ruins the immersion in the game.

Some potential options for improvement:

1. When caught, each fish could pop up along the side of the screen where a rare resource would display. This would still display the name of the fish and the size (Small, Medium or Large) for those who calculate fish for resource farming, but it would no longer be as obtrusive.

2. An option to disable the screen in the UI menu would also be welcomed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, musicalsocks23 said:

Upon the successful catch of a fish, a screen pops up summarizing the fish including its type, size, weight and rarity. I believe that this screen is an unnecessary cut scene and ruins the immersion in the game.

How so?  Unless you're fishing my way...  You know:  no bait, hook in the water and drinking myself unconscious...  I'm not planning on catching any fish that day.  Just enjoying the sun, beers and company of close friends. 

However, when I'm forced to actually fish with people they often do most of that excluding the weighing until at the end of the fishing trip.  

I do agree that if someone has been fishing as long as I have, perhaps it's long since time to make it the option to shut it off in some way in options.  I can always see the information during the missions extraction summary which is more than enough. 

So much this!!! I sincerely do not need that "poster" screen after every. single. catch. Once I catch a fish, I want to target and shoot at the next one. That screen popping up (and having to click EXIT to close it) is a tremendous waste of time. It also arguably leaves you vulnerable by taking away your situational awareness. Some of the best fishing spots are located near hostile territory and you may, at a moments notice, have to drop your spear and pick up arms to defend yourself. Fumbling with the mouse looking for the exit button while you're getting your keister shot off is quite unpleasant.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-18 at 10:08 PM, musicalsocks23 said:

With the recent fishing nightwave mission, I realized the opportunity for a potentially great QoL feature.

Some potential options for improvement:

1. When caught, each fish could pop up along the side of the screen where a rare resource would display. This would still display the name of the fish and the size (Small, Medium or Large) for those who calculate fish for resource farming, but it would no longer be as obtrusive.

2. An option to disable the screen in the UI menu would also be welcomed.

Sounds great. Maybe just give the cutscene the first time you catch it per session. 

• Like 2

Suggestion: the first time you catch a fish of each size/quality you get the full fish screen. For every fish after that it's the minimal one like rare resources. This way Pablo won't have to create a menu item, newbies still get the full experience, and vets don't get fish screen nagged. 

Caught 40 fish in a row but somehow I don't mind it. I like it in fact. *shrugs*
But if they were to do something about it, I'd rather support the idea of having only new personal record fish appear with that screen, before I'd lose it completely.

4 hours ago, Silescere said:

Caught 40 fish in a row but somehow I don't mind it. I like it in fact. *shrugs*
But if they were to do something about it, I'd rather support the idea of having only new personal record fish appear with that screen, before I'd lose it completely.

OP already mentioned an option to toggle it off in the UI settings. If the toggle option was implemented you could continue to use this feature.

21 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Suggestion: the first time you catch a fish of each size/quality you get the full fish screen. For every fish after that it's the minimal one like rare resources. This way Pablo won't have to create a menu item, newbies still get the full experience, and vets don't get fish screen nagged. 

I would love that as an option. I hate the fishing pop-up screen as well. It breaks the flow, it takes too long and it has me mashing keys to get it away. However, I still do like seeing it whenever I hit a new milestone - catch a new fish, maybe catch a bigger version of a fish I've already caught, that sort of thing. But I don't need to see that screen every single time. It was funny at first, but it's lost its charm by this point.

14 hours ago, TehGrief said:

OP already mentioned an option to toggle it off in the UI settings. If the toggle option was implemented you could continue to use this feature.

Yup, I read that. No worries. I was more adressing the comment of my foreposter and not OP.
So I thought "...IF Pablo doesn't want to create a menu item, then I'd rather..."

18 hours ago, Silescere said:

Yeah I would also be fine with that fist fish of each type and size and every record breaking fish, everything else minimal popup so I can get back to fishing faster. 

• Like 1