Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Test-995

"You can skip nightwave act you won't miss anything" is not true if there is prestige system

Recommended Posts

Because, obviously, if you skip 30% of nightwave act, you'll miss another 10 rank worth of rewards.

If it's a "You won't miss any limited items" then it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those rewards are wolf credits. Huge loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolf credits are the reward and by the time you get to that point at best youll.load up on potatoes if you havent already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potatoes do look attractive, but you need 162 Nitain total for crafting everything needing Nitain... and Nitain can only be got from Nightwave with Wolfcreds. On the other hand, potatoes can be earned from invasions, Nightwave (without wolfcreds), Gift of the Lotus, Special Events and Sorties.

Source:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract

See Blueprints Requiring Extract for the total needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got it backwards tbh. Early tiers should reward wolf credits for new players who can't hit top ranks and after rank 30 it should reward kuva to give veterans incentive to push. Also the wolf credit offerings should include forma for new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nslay said:

Potatoes do look attractive, but you need 162 Nitain total for crafting everything needing Nitain... and Nitain can only be got from Nightwave with Wolfcreds. On the other hand, potatoes can be earned from invasions, Nightwave (without wolfcreds) and Gift of the Lotus.

Source:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract

See Blueprints Requiring Extract for the total needed.

Well there is ghoul event iirc, still nitain might be more precious cuz we can just buy potatoes with 20pt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nslay said:

Potatoes do look attractive, but you need 162 Nitain total for crafting everything needing Nitain... and Nitain can only be got from Nightwave with Wolfcreds. On the other hand, potatoes can be earned from invasions, Nightwave (without wolfcreds) and Gift of the Lotus.

Source:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract

See Blueprints Requiring Extract for the total needed.

And from sabotage caches (not recommended) and from ghoul purge bounties (recommended).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strictly speaking, you are correct.

Realistically speaking, you're wrong.

The rewards you get from the prestige course aren't outside of the already existing reward tiers, it's literally more credits.  For a lot of veterans, they're pretty useless due to our inventory of items from the old alert system, this only impacts people who are starting at 0 (brand new players) and completionists.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

And from sabotage caches (not recommended) and from ghoul purge bounties (recommended).

Didn't know sabotage caches gave those. Thought it was only Boosters, Forma, Fieldrons, Mutagen Mass and Detonite Injectors. I've only ever found two and got a booster in one and a forma in the other. But you are right about the Ghoul Purge rewarding Nitain. Thanks for the reminder!

I still think potatoes are far easier to get than Nitain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Strictly speaking, you are correct.

Realistically speaking, you're wrong.

The rewards you get from the prestige course aren't outside of the already existing reward tiers, it's literally more credits.  For a lot of veterans, they're pretty useless due to our inventory of items from the old alert system, this only impacts people who are starting at 0 (brand new players) and completionists.  

Potatoes and nitains, it can affects everyone that is not mr 27.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nslay said:

Didn't know sabotage caches gave those. Thought it was only Boosters, Forma, Fieldrons, Mutagen Mass and Detonite Injectors. I've only ever found two and got a booster in one and a forma in the other. But you are right about the Ghoul Purge rewarding Nitain. Thanks for the reminder!

I still think potatoes are far easier to get than Nitain.

I think it's only the lua caches? Not entirely sure but a quick wiki search will show them. I mean honestly Nitain is at least cheap in the shop 5 for 15, whereas potatoes are not. As I've always told people, just trade prime parts for 20p and buy them, it's just faster and easier when you're starting out and need these things. Later on it becomes a non-issue.

Edit: checked it for you. It drops from Orokin sabotage, reactor sabotages, lua and kuva exterminate, all the fun ones lol. The drop rate is tiny which is why I just recommend doing ghouls when they return every 2 weeks cos you'll get better random rewards doing this. Also quite a lot of the nitain uses are cosmetic only so it's not something that you need to rush to get a great amount of, you'll gather it over time, we all did. It was added as a new resource to time gate veterans in dojo research cos we had millions of every other resource for everything new added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zilchy said:

I think it's only the lua caches? Not entirely sure but a quick wiki search will show them. I mean honestly Nitain is at least cheap in the shop 5 for 15, whereas potatoes are not. As I've always told people, just trade prime parts for 20p and buy them, it's just faster and easier when you're starting out and need these things. Later on it becomes a non-issue.

I must be confused with the special caches that can spawn anywhere. They make the same sound as the hidden caches.

On my many runs of Naeglar and Marduk, I've never got Nitain in either for finding all 3 hidden caches. It looks like Marduk would reward Nitain according the wiki (Orokin Sabotage). Though, I may be just unlucky. I have got every single rare mod from Naeglar and Marduk though! I ran these probably a total 50-60 times between the two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

They got it backwards tbh. Early tiers should reward wolf credits for new players who can't hit top ranks and after rank 30 it should reward kuva to give veterans incentive to push. Also the wolf credit offerings should include forma for new players.

Make it trivial to access things that would otherwise be Plat items and cosmetics and have no reason to go beyond 30 for anyone who isn't hypnotized by Rivens.

This is backwards only if you have no ability to imagine playing the game outside your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Make it trivial to access things that would otherwise be Plat items and cosmetics and have no reason to go beyond 30 for anyone who isn't hypnotized by Rivens.

This is backwards only if you have no ability to imagine playing the game outside your way.

I see your point and it's a valid one but I do think it would benefit both ends of the spectrum better. I know that I would definitely rather push really hard to go way beyond rank 30 and earn kuva instead of credits to buy lots of what I already have lots of. And new players would benefit from wolf creds to buy things to help their progression. Easy solution, just lessen how many wolf credits are rewarded per tier.

Btw it won't stop me pushingway beyond anyway, I'm at rank 19. I'm just offering a suggestion to improve incentive for some, kuva is always a good thing to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nslay said:

I must be confused with the special caches that can spawn anywhere. They make the same sound as the hidden caches.

On my many runs of Naeglar and Marduk, I've never got Nitain in either for finding all 3 hidden caches. It looks like Marduk would reward Nitain according the wiki (Orokin Sabotage). Though, I may be just unlucky. I have got every single rare mod from Naeglar and Marduk though! I ran these probably a total 50-60 times between the two!

RNG. It's why I recommend ghouls instead lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Potatoes and nitains, it affects everyone that is not mr 27.

I'm not MR27 and I'm not effected?

There are other ways to obtain those items, and anyone who completes the majority of tiers will be able to obtain those items with the credits available.  

Do you honestly believe that DE will remove Nitain, Reactors and Catalysts from the reward pool when the next series comes out?  That this is some kind of farewell event to those three items?

Bit absurd to believe that.  There will be other ways to obtain those things, they're just a bit harder to get a large amount, right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm not MR27 and I'm not effected?

There are other ways to obtain those items, and anyone who completes the majority of tiers will be able to obtain those items with the credits available.  

Do you honestly believe that DE will remove Nitain, Reactors and Catalysts from the reward pool when the next series comes out?  That this is some kind of farewell event to those three items?

Bit absurd to believe that.  There will be other ways to obtain those things, they're just a bit harder to get a large amount, right now.

or, maybe remove prestige?

What i'm talking here is, there is reward for doing every act, and that makes people to do every act, resulting complain like "Hey DE, This act is stupid i hate this thanks" and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Potatoes and nitains, it affects everyone that is not mr 27.

I'm not MR 27 and I'm not effected either.  Heck, I have more potatoes and Nitain than I could possibly need for the next year or two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure, i'll edit it into "it *can* affects everyone that is not mr 27".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

or, maybe remove prestige?

What i'm talking here is, there is reward for doing every act, and that makes people to do every act, resulting complain like "Hey DE, This act is stupid i hate this thanks" and such. 

So, because some players weren't willing to or weren't able to complete every challenge, we should...remove rewards for players that do?

I mean, sure it breeds elitism from players who get every challenge completed but that isn't a reason to remove a reward mechanic.  

People complaining isn't much of a reason, either.  People will always complain, especially when we have millions of players on the forums.  No one will ever be 100% with whatever DE does.

7 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

sure, i'll edit it into "it *can* affects everyone that is not mr 27".

But it doesn't, not really.  A good portion of mid MR players aren't going to be hurting for the items you've mentioned.  Nitain was available through timed alerts as well as farmable in the Star Chart, still is in fact, while Reactors and Catalysts are available through Invasions, Rare Containers, and Gift of the Lotus after biweekly streams.  

And, again, these items aren't going away from within the game.  They'll be available when the next Nightwave nonsense rolls out, or when they bring back alerts, they're still available to players who are willing to run Invasions or earn plat to simply buy them.

Not being able to Prestige their standing just means they can't hoard things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

sure, i'll edit it into "it *can* affects everyone that is not mr 27".

You have a point, I am MR 27 and the wolf credits are meh for me but since I'm a bit mad I'll do every challenge and push hard anyway. As I said before I think they got it backwards and should've given more wolf credits in the early tier while putting rewards like the mods and kuva further up the ranks and rewarding kuva per rank after getting to 30. Kuva is an annoying resource we're forever running out of and it would be decent incentive compared to another catalyst added to the pile and let's be honest, the players who don't need the credits are more likely to get those after rank 30 rewards. I can see the counter argument of getting too many things easily early on as a new player but it's easily solved by just giving less credits per reward tier so that there's still progression for their journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

So, because some players weren't willing to or weren't able to complete every challenge, we should...remove rewards for players that do?

I mean, sure it breeds elitism from players who get every challenge completed but that isn't a reason to remove a reward mechanic.  

dunno, maybe some people will be happy about achieving rewards faster than others and don't have to do those act anymore?

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

But it doesn't, not really.  A good portion of mid MR players aren't going to be hurting for the items you've mentioned.  Nitain was available through timed alerts as well as farmable in the Star Chart, still is in fact, while Reactors and Catalysts are available through Invasions, Rare Containers, and Gift of the Lotus after biweekly streams.  

And, again, these items aren't going away from within the game.  They'll be available when the next Nightwave nonsense rolls out, or when they bring back alerts, they're still available to players who are willing to run Invasions or earn plat to simply buy them.

I'm mr 17 and affected by this, since there is plenty of frames/weapons to potato, i'm going to do every acts, and never farmed nitain because alerts were boring.

Well, but you'll get rewards by doing nightwave and you won't if you don't. perhaps my understanding for the word "miss" could be wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You can skip nightwave act you won't miss any of those tier rewards"

FTFY, glad I could help. Who are you quoting anyway?

 

40 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

They got it backwards tbh. Early tiers should reward wolf credits for new players who can't hit top ranks and after rank 30 it should reward kuva to give veterans incentive to push. Also the wolf credit offerings should include forma for new players.

Yesss, hook them on those Forma early on. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

"You can skip nightwave act you won't miss any of those tier rewards"

FTFY, glad I could help. Who are you quoting anyway?

 

Yesss, hook them on those Forma early on. 😉

Oh man I've got a crazy addiction by this point lol. Thank god for plaguestar 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

dunno, maybe some people will be happy about achieving rewards faster than others and don't have to do those act anymore?

I'm mr 17 and affected by this, since there is plenty of frames/weapons to potato, i'm going to do every acts, and never farmed nitain because alerts were boring.

Well, but you'll get rewards by doing nightwave and you won't if you don't. perhaps my understanding for the word "miss" could be wrong?

 

I didn't say all, just a good portion of players.

I pulled up the event announcement page and looked over the exact wording

Quote

Visit the Nightwave Cred Offerings to acquire the former Alert System Rewards you want the most, including Nitain Extract, Weapon and Helmet Blueprints, Catalysts, Reactors and rare Aura Mods. Earn up to 300 Wolf Cred by completing daily and weekly Acts, and even more with prestige once you rise past Tier 30! Wolf Creds must be redeemed before the Series is over or sold for credits, so use them before the frequency is lost.

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-1-the-wolf-of-saturn-six

And from the threads going over the math of the event, even if you don't get every single challenge, you can still wind up with standing to prestige.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...