Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are all of the latest deluxe skins created by the same artist?

Tellakey

Nidus, Limbo and the upcoming Atlas deluxe share aesthetic similarities. Not gonna go into detail since it is plain to see. Are they all done by the same artist featured in one of the Devstreams? If so, how do you guys feel about it?

Personally, they are starting to feel too similar. The same style won't work for every frame. It appears to me as if the latest deluxe skins are in the same vein as the dex family - a uniform aesthetic shared among every item that adopts the label. The previous artist (the one responsible for the original deluxe bundles) had more variety to their individual pieces. Their skins didn't strike me as fashioned by the same creator who is restricted by a singular style. Mind you, I'm not saying you couldn't find a motif across them, but that it was much subtler. 

Of course, it also boils down to subjective opinion. But anywho, please share your perspective on the matter 😄

Edited by Tellakey

while I did prefer IgnusDei's art style, i think Liger Inuzuka has done a pretty decent job in most regards. Limbo's deluxe is a very i9nteresting departure from how he would normally look, and Atlas' Deluxe seems quite promising. just a shame that what happened with Ignus happened. Presidio Mesa is cool but I reckon he would have hit it out of the Park with his version of Mesa..

As far as I know, there are several artists DE commissions now for Deluxe skins and Liger Inuzuka is only one of them (Nezha, Nidus and Atlas). Kaz Adams done Limbo for example. 

It is all the matter of taste. I think that Ignus Dei also have a very distinctive style, it was just more subtle then Liger.

Nidus left me speechless. Nezha? Not so much. I guess it is a matter of a personal taste. And being lucky enough that your favorite frames will get a Deluxe you will like (yes, I am still sad about Chroma).

By the way, anyone heard about Gara Deluxe? I seen some lovely concepts, but not sure if it is official.

Edited by rand0mname

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

As far as I know, there are several artists DE commissions now for Deluxe skins and Liger Inuzuka is only one of them (Nezha, Nidus and Atlas). Kaz Adams done Limbo for example. 

It is all the matter of taste. I think that Ignus Dei also have a very distinctive style, it was just more subtle then Liger.

Nidus left me speechless. Nezha? Not so much. I guess it is a matter of a personal taste. And being lucky enough that your favorite frames will get a Deluxe you will like (yes, I am still sad about Chroma).

By the way, anyone heard about Gara Deluxe? I seen some lovely concepts, but not sure if it is official.

I hope that concept art is the real deal because gara looks pretty boring right now.

Really very few delux impress me but the past 3 have felt very same-y same-y.The color pallets for the past 3 though are all very similar and even limbo doesn't pull to far out of it which leads a lot more to be desired in my mind. I suppose this is why Tennogen is a thing though. DE isn't going to meet everyone's fix so why not vote/make what you would like to see right?

That said the gara in an earlier post has my attention for sure. Looks like high fashion gowns and I kind of dig it.