Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Ember is only able to competitive with weapons, not warframes - just for reminder

DroopingPuppy

For now Ember's kits are either nearly useless or overshadowed by the others. I have said for years and no repond, but anyway I need to put it.

Fireball:

It is good on the paper - actually it is the only ability in her kit that consider right now. But, its terrible charge rate ashames its upside. Even with Natural Talent, its charge rate is horribly slow, means you are very hard to charge it, shoot the enemy as well as move at once. So, you can end up with shooting launchers instead, not need to pick Ember and use it.

Accelerant:

It is useful, but only if her other kits are usable. It is useless for now just because it doesn't have the other usable abilities to support, not because its own effect is bad. In short, no problem on here.

Fire Blast:

It is no more than a joke - laughable damage, as well as unnoticeable effects. It offers nothing for her.

World on Fire:

Basic 7.5m range means it is simply removed from the game. With this range, you can draw your melee weapon and attack the enemy around you and make the better result. WoF is virtually worse than melee spin attack for these reasons:

-WoF's blast needs some time to burst, so it is slower than your melee weapon.

-The maximum number of WoF's blast is limited.

-Both of them's effective range are not so diffrent.

-Melee attacks can proc other than fire, especially for corrosive and blast.

With the fact that Ember's fragile nature even consider fully modded defensive stats, it means that while melee attack is more effective and attack faster to stall the enemy, WoF doesn't do anything to save her. And, unstalled enemy surely cripple Ember, means attempt to use WoF's damage is no more than sucidial attempt.

Although WoF is a bad ability that doesn't have much reason to cast, but it is not unusable on the hands of durable warframes such as Rhino, Inaros, Nidus and Valkyr. But, I don't think that it is a sane idea to order fragile Ember to catch the enemy in default 7.5m range.

If you don't want to suffer such a pitiful range, you may recast it for every 6~8sec. But, if you do, then is there any advantage over many warframes with good area DD ability? Both of them needs some casting time to attack, and WoF's attack is slower. Also, if you do all you can are just move and deactive/recast WoF, nothing more.

Because its fire proc rate is determied by its ability power, you can't use Overextended unless you are aim for low level extermination as well even if you want her as a debuffer, and for this role many othet warframes are better.

Also, meanwhile Equinox and Octavia are have the superior ability to WoF - both abilities are not hampers their movement and the damaging zone follows them automatically.

Not to mention that its high energy spent hampers to use Accelerant as well.

So, what Ember can is not so better than the weapons we can wield. Using her ability is simply pointless or sucks up the time to use the weapon. And, we have 1 warframe slot and 3 weapon slots. Then, why we need for spend precious warframe slot and forfeit the abilities on warframe and get the benefit that is able to achieved by the more many weapon slots? I don't get it.

For now, other than the personal taste, pick Ember is pointless, as well as it penalizes who picks Ember just because they love her. Why they deserve that? Again, I don't get it.

You can thank countless embers running through exterminates on lower planets with WOF dialed to 11 ruining the experience for new players instead of having some sense and not doing that for the changes to her on the last go...

I am interested to see what they are planning for her and Vauban's kits...but, really I want them to try out another deluxe skin for her..Because man that last one did not scratch any itch in a must have...and a new skin might breathe some life back into her regardless of any failures on the rework...

since your Post basically described everything about Ember as currently 'useless'... making complaints about some of the Abilities, while ignoring features the others provide that can directly address that... and seeing Ember as supposed to deal Damage via Fire Status, rather than Fire Damage which makes no sense due to the math and how Fire Status works... the list goes on.
my expectation of some discussion in the Thread was apparently wrong. my mistake.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You can thank countless embers running through exterminates on lower planets with WOF dialed to 11 ruining the experience for new players instead of having some sense and not doing that for the changes to her on the last go...

I am interested to see what they are planning for her and Vauban's kits...but, really I want them to try out another deluxe skin for her..Because man that last one did not scratch any itch in a must have...and a new skin might breathe some life back into her regardless of any failures on the rework...

I never thank for that, for Ember is not a good frame for the extermination run actually. 😞 Any random frame with area DD does as much as she does. Not to mention about Equinox, which is simply superior and faster than her.

1. Fireball - Defenses strip by 50% added

2. Accelerant - stun mechanic increases status effect duration by 200%.

3. Fire Blast - Damage reduction by 75% within the ring of fire and 50% damage reduction outside the ring

4. World on Fire range is fixed to 15m. No additive to range mods. Time delay tick per target is reduced to 0.2. and status chance increase by 100%.

I have the answer to anyone who wants to play with fire and be more effective then ember. Just bring the Ignis/ Ignis wraith and you have more damage potential in ONE weapon then ember can put out reasonably. that's right ember is replaced by one weapon in her current state and while it is sad it is funny at the same time XD.

There's no issue with Ember's kit, if you can't kill a thing you must be doing something really wrong. The only issue so far is how armor scales with higher levels, and this has nothing to do with ember but with how Warframe is handling damages & armors.

Ember is not the only one to struggle with heavily armored enemies, unless you're stripping armor or dealing slash/corrosive you won't do much against high level grineers anyway, she's not alone on this one.

Some things need to be considered though, her kit focuses on buffing your fire damage and making enemies vulnerable to that which means that you are still able to kill even high level grineer, even armored ones, as long as you use weapons that deal fire damage too. Frames and weapons are part of the same game, no one asked you to not use weapons and tbh when frames are designed that way, they often have exalted weapons. Ember doesn't.

Ember's damage output is really really high, accelerant alone is the bread and butter of her kit and helps dealing huge fire damages. The only balance this game needs is a damage 3.0 rework, armor scaling and mechanics need to be balanced, Corpus and Infested need real defenses too. The whole ferrite armor/Corrosive combination is clunky as hell and since only this armor is a real threat in the entire game, one just needs to deal with it to destroy enemies.

Fire damages are really strong, you can kill Corpus or infested in a sec with Ember's kit, ferrite armor is the issue here, not Ember's damage output. Tbh try to team with a Frost who can get rid of armors entirely and you'll see how fast Grineers are vulnerable to it without their armor on. Sadly it's the same story with almost every single element in this game and this won't be fixed cause they'd need to rework all frames then.

Damage 3.0 or nothing. Anyway Ember is still viable atm, up to level 100-120 (Sorties then) she's performing quite well.

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 2

Ember with Flash accelerant is amazing, you bads just parroting something that some other baddie posted on forums, im doing like 15k fire dmg with my 4 after i use flash accelerant on lvl 50s. Thats more than she was ever able to do. Also you can build for max range and still have lots if power str if you know how to mod her. Not to mention how good is she with ignis wraith or atomos. She melts, you potatoes just need to learn to play really. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 000l000 said:

There's no issue with Ember's kit, if you can't kill a thing you must be doing something really wrong. The only issue so far is how armor scales with higher levels, and this has nothing to do with ember but with how Warframe is handling damages & armors.

Ember is not the only one to struggle with heavily armored enemies, unless you're stripping armor or dealing slash/corrosive you won't do much against high level grineers anyway, she's not alone on this one.

Some things need to be considered though, her kit focuses on buffing your fire damage and making enemies vulnerable to that which means that you are still able to kill even high level grineer, even armored ones, as long as you use weapons that deal fire damage too. Frames and weapons are part of the same game, no one asked you to not use weapons and tbh when frames are designed that way, they often have exalted weapons. Ember doesn't.

Ember's damage output is really really high, accelerant alone is the bread and butter of her kit and helps dealing huge fire damages. The only balance this game needs is a damage 3.0 rework, armor scaling and mechanics need to be balanced, Corpus and Infested need real defenses too. The whole ferrite armor/Corrosive combination is clunky as hell and since only this armor is a real threat in the entire game, one just needs to deal with it to destroy enemies.

Fire damages are really strong, you can kill Corpus or infested in a sec with Ember's kit, ferrite armor is the issue here, not Ember's damage output. Tbh try to team with a Frost who can get rid of armors entirely and you'll see how fast Grineers are vulnerable to it without their armor on. Sadly it's the same story with almost every single element in this game and this won't be fixed cause they'd need to rework all frames then.

Damage 3.0 or nothing. Anyway Ember is still viable atm, up to level 100-120 (Sorties then) she's performing quite well.

THANK. YOU.   Seriously, so many people complain about a frame or a weapon individually, and don't seem to recognize the fact that they are meant to be used TOGETHER.

For example, with regards to Ember, her fire ALONE may not do the job you want done, but combine her 4 with a Condition Overload build on a melee, one that DOESN'T already have Heat damage on it, and you've got MORE damage as it applies Heat to those enemies around you!  Add the WoF augment, and it's AMAZING CC, even at higher levels, and often leaves enemies open to ground finishers, which deal HUGE damage.

It's not all about the direct damage of the skill itself, but more how it plays with everything else.  She's a bit squishy, but they can't all be invincible nuke-gods, or the game would be even easier than it is most of the time.

Also, people mention the range "nerf" as an issue, but I've yet to experience that myself, and I LOVE playing Ember...so 😕

• Like 1

On 2019-03-31 at 9:35 PM, 000l000 said:

Against armor is not the only problem on her, but that's not the main problem of her either. That's the problem of the main system. It proves that doubled damage does not helps her at all, though.

Problem on her is, she is not even able to catch the enemy in her range of fire....

Edited by DroopingPuppy

3 hours ago, Benour said:

Ember with Flash accelerant is amazing, you bads just parroting something that some other baddie posted on forums, im doing like 15k fire dmg with my 4 after i use flash accelerant on lvl 50s. Thats more than she was ever able to do. Also you can build for max range and still have lots if power str if you know how to mod her. Not to mention how good is she with ignis wraith or atomos. She melts, you potatoes just need to learn to play really. 

And you have to sacrifice the slot to put defense mods in order to actually do that. That's not an option, for she needs to be stay near of the enemy if you ever want to use World on Fire. She needs to avoid too close range but she also needs the durability enough to withstand enemy ranged attacks.

Again, only if Ember has Iron Skin it is not so problematic like this. But the reality is, Ember is fragile but needs to be stay near of the enemy. And she doesn't strike fast, that makes things even worse.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

Put QT/pflow with arcane guardian on her, second arcane going to be energize obviously. She can tank just as any other squishy frame. Flash accelerant is awesome CC and it buffs you and teammates. Have to spamm her 2 anyway to buff her DPS by ALOT. 

Yeah that means you have to minmax stuff first and actually PLAY that frame to its full potential, before you start threads about reworks. Any frame gonna be "bad" with no forma and poor modding, no arcanes and zero clue how to make it work (actual ingame experience). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benour said:

Yeah that means you have to minmax stuff first and actually PLAY that frame to its full potential, before you start threads about reworks. Any frame gonna be "bad" with no forma and poor modding, no arcanes and zero clue how to make it work (actual ingame experience). 

Forma and enough mods are required and we are consider this unless the topic is 'what is the good starting warframe', but I don't think that arcane is included from here when think about the frame is usable or not, sir. It is a kind of endgame items.

Also, many frames are already doing much better and quite usable unlike her even without an arcane in the first place. With arcane such as you have mentioned, they are even better.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

vor 4 Stunden schrieb DroopingPuppy:

Forma and enough mods are required and we are consider this unless the topic is 'what is the good starting warframe', but I don't think that arcane is included from here when think about the frame is usable or not, sir. It is a kind of endgame items.

Also, many frames are already doing much better and quite usable unlike her even without an arcane in the first place. With arcane such as you have mentioned, they are even better.

Exactly this, needing arcana and forma the everlasting thing out of a frame shows its in a bad state if others perform better witohut those stuff, arcanas and formas are bonus mostly and should not be mandatory.

Most frames i use can perform well and can get fully balanced modded without formaing them once, i due forma thme for like primed mods or corrupted mods and unlocking the Exilus slot as example at best.

Edited by Marine027

3 hours ago, Benour said:

Many frames do not need Arcanes or Forma as people have stated to kill things of much higher level then ember can with Arcanes and forma. Your case here is not very strong as the accessibility of arcane guardian is far from the reach of anyone who is not already at end game with much better gear that requires less investment. Ember is in a horrible state and has no damage reduction abilities to make up for her lack of scaling damage and is in dire need of a rework at this point. Now you play with your little flame while I play my Equinox and Sayrn which do not require such things to kill enemies of far higher levels XD.

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

Il y a 16 heures, DroopingPuppy a dit :

Against armor is not the only problem on her, but that's not the main problem of her either. That's the problem of the main system. It proves that doubled damage does not helps her at all, though.

Problem on her is, she is not even able to catch the enemy in her range of fire....

Range is part of her design, you have to deal with it. And if you can't kill anything else than Grinner once you've applied accelerant you must be building her really wrong.

Il y a 16 heures, DroopingPuppy a dit :

And you have to sacrifice the slot to put defense mods in order to actually do that. That's not an option, for she needs to be stay near of the enemy if you ever want to use World on Fire. She needs to avoid too close range but she also needs the durability enough to withstand enemy ranged attacks.

Burning proc is a CC.

Accelerant is a CC.

Wold on fire and its augment mod are CCs.

Even her 3rd augment has the best CC overall since it literally locks down enemies into it.

Ember whole kit is a CC, if you're still dying that's because you don't how to build and/or play her.

Against long range attacks you can still use covers, bullet jumps, just knock them down with her 3rd or use a long range accelerant. And tbh unless we're talking about tank frames, a lot of frames can't deal with them - You have to use your wits there.

Edited by 000l000

Il y a 18 heures, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

THANK. YOU.   Seriously, so many people complain about a frame or a weapon individually, and don't seem to recognize the fact that they are meant to be used TOGETHER.

For example, with regards to Ember, her fire ALONE may not do the job you want done, but combine her 4 with a Condition Overload build on a melee, one that DOESN'T already have Heat damage on it, and you've got MORE damage as it applies Heat to those enemies around you!  Add the WoF augment, and it's AMAZING CC, even at higher levels, and often leaves enemies open to ground finishers, which deal HUGE damage.

It's not all about the direct damage of the skill itself, but more how it plays with everything else.  She's a bit squishy, but they can't all be invincible nuke-gods, or the game would be even easier than it is most of the time.

Also, people mention the range "nerf" as an issue, but I've yet to experience that myself, and I LOVE playing Ember...so 😕

You're right. The only issue so far is that people only care about running around and watching enemies droping like flies. Most players don't even want to play anymore they are just on a permanent lazy farming quest. Most people aren't even using Frames whole kit, they're just spamming their 4th and they were already complaining about Saryn rework once they'd have to use her spores too.

I've seen pretty much the same kind of debate with Baruuk, people were complaining about his exalted weapon damages or whatever when his own kit allows him to literally execute any enemy. I didn't try much Ember 4th augment but once again, being able to run around and execute any tough enemy is definitely viable.

Most players use no augment, they must be thinking that it's a waste of a slot, truth is that one augment or two can also save your butt or even change your gameplay to something you really like more. As far as i'm concerned i'm always using Ember's 2nd augment since it's buffing the entire team and always helps everyone i'm playing with - but her 3rd and 4th are really good CCs too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Range is part of her design, you have to deal with it. And if you can't kill anything else than Grinner once you've applied accelerant you must be building her really wrong. 

Burning proc is a CC.

Accelerant is a CC.

Wold on fire and its augment mod are CCs.

Even her 3rd augment has the best CC overall since it literally locks down enemies into it.

Ember whole kit is a CC, if you're still dying that's because you don't how to build and/or play her.

Against long range attacks you can still use covers, bullet jumps, just knock them down with her 3rd or use a long range accelerant. And tbh unless we're talking about tank frames, a lot of frames can't deal with them - You have to use your wits there.

All of them are out of point, and far frome the realilty.

Ember is all about damage and petty CCs, but the change on last year makes her even harder - actually, virtually impossible - to apply it. Barely enough range to move an shoot is reduced to melee range, requires more energy, and 'buff' for Fireball is actually not usable in the real games.

Fire proc and damage are all she can, but the fire proc itself is not so powerful. Nonetheless, when WoF was still on the game it is quite usable, for fire proc can halt the enemy and can be combined with Condition Overload. That's why we can use her even against Grineers, for she can halt the enemy at least and we can melt down the enemy armors by our weapons instead. It also halts the enemy who want to backstab her as well. Fire proc is not so powerful but at least give you some time to react and shoot back. She was not the good CC frame nor good damage dealer, but she was playable, at least. No more.

For now WoF's range is only reduced to melee range, requires double of energy to sustain, but its limited numbers of blast and its delayed blast mechanism still stays. It means her petty CC is even harder and slower to apply. Then why it is her advantage? Not really, sir.

Such mechanism is only acceptable on the tank frames. Even if its blast is delayed and its range is poor, if she can stay near of the enemy for a while and laugh off the enemy attacks it is totally fine. And on the real games? She is still fragle as well - not so horrible as exposed Loki or Trinity without Blessing, though, but still needs the mod for durability in order to do something, and she needs more than most caster frames due to her nature that have to be near of the enemy. And she needs to face to face the enemy in melee range in order to actually use World on Fire. As above, reduced range means she can't expect WoF to stall the enemy before get the enemy in melee or shoot the enemy struggle for fire, so she is very hard to survive as well.

And requires more energy means she has less energy to spent on Accelerant too.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

Dude are we even playing same game? So much tears about ember when its obviously bad modding or L2P (not enough game knowledge/experience/resources) issue. And yes arcanes are part of this game so stop lame excuses and go grind/trade for them.

Ember is fine its not press 4 and forget anymore, thats the issue ppl having with her, you just want old ember back (this new ember scales 10x better btw but thats mostly of flash accelerant change) so you can just turn her 4 on and have faceroll easymode (and you still can, just have to press 4 twice every 2 minutes or so, yeah takes crazy skillz i know... Kappa). I have like 150k kills with her, how much you got mr "ember expert". So whats her issue actually? She got no damage reduction? Or what you crying about actually? I have no issues with dmg, energy, range, or survivability.

Tldr, Its the same Ember as it used to be before rework. But now you have to watch timer on her 4 and turn it off and on. She has same stats, same abilities, much better dps since accelerant change. I literally changed 1 mod (put more range and sacrificed some power str)  after her "nerf". So whats her issue again? Please enlighten us, you seem to have lots of experience with her.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, DroopingPuppy a dit :

All of them are out of point, and far frome the realilty.

For now WoF's range is only reduced to melee range, requires double of energy to sustain, but its limited numbers of blast and its delayed blast mechanism still stays. It means her petty CC is even harder and slower to apply. Then why it is her advantage? Not really, sir.

Many players have no issues with Ember, that is the reality. Even your arguments are biased.

First WoF range isn't bad, it can reach 20-25m quite easily, that's and never will be melee range.

Second ember loses range when overheating, then you can choose between range or damage. Breaking news, DE has to balance powers so you can't have both for obvious reasons. If you prefer range then refresh WoF. It also prevents its energy cost from increasing.

Third i said the whole kit was about CCs, if you use any of her power enemies are stunned or knocked down. WoF augment is a plus if you're using it a lot - What you said doesn't make any sense and don't even speak about reality, at this point i'm wondering if you've ever played with Ember at least once. CCs are no harder nor slower to apply, i don't even know what you're talking about here.

Fourth Ember has damages, a lot of damages. As i said above only armor can be a threat because of its innate resistance to fire. Against other factions combining accelerant and any power or fire dealing weapon is absurdly strong, enemies are destroyed in seconds. Against a lvl 100+ Corpus or an infested even Saryn couldn't kill them as fast as Ember. And you want Ember to get a greater range ? Let be real a sec, there's something called balance in games.

If you think Ember sucks that bad, if you can't run any kind of content with all of this enemies laughing at you because you're waiting them to die, without even moving nor using a weapon then try another frame instead of complaining cause you're not even bringing a single argument to the table except from walls of text speaking of who knows what reality you're thinking of. as far as i'm concerned i'm not using legendary arcanes on her (even if i could advice you to try guardian with low armor frames) and never put any forma on her either. Perhaps you don't have decent mods but hey that's another story, not Ember's though.

Don't even care to reply since people who aren't sharing your issues don't belong to the same reality as yours. Quite ironically our reailty is way more enjoyable than yours. 🤘

3 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Many players have no issues with Ember, that is the reality. Even your arguments are biased.

First WoF range isn't bad, it can reach 20-25m quite easily, that's and never will be melee range.

Second ember loses range when overheating, then you can choose between range or damage. Breaking news, DE has to balance powers so you can't have both for obvious reasons. If you prefer range then refresh WoF. It also prevents its energy cost from increasing.

Third i said the whole kit was about CCs, if you use any of her power enemies are stunned or knocked down. WoF augment is a plus if you're using it a lot - What you said doesn't make any sense and don't even speak about reality, at this point i'm wondering if you've ever played with Ember at least once. CCs are no harder nor slower to apply, i don't even know what you're talking about here.

Fourth Ember has damages, a lot of damages. As i said above only armor can be a threat because of its innate resistance to fire. Against other factions combining accelerant and any power or fire dealing weapon is absurdly strong, enemies are destroyed in seconds. Against a lvl 100+ Corpus or an infested even Saryn couldn't kill them as fast as Ember. And you want Ember to get a greater range ? Let be real a sec, there's something called balance in games.

If you think Ember sucks that bad, if you can't run any kind of content with all of this enemies laughing at you because you're waiting them to die, without even moving nor using a weapon then try another frame instead of complaining cause you're not even bringing a single argument to the table except from walls of text speaking of who knows what reality you're thinking of. as far as i'm concerned i'm not using legendary arcanes on her (even if i could advice you to try guardian with low armor frames) and never put any forma on her either. Perhaps you don't have decent mods but hey that's another story, not Ember's though.

Don't even care to reply since people who aren't sharing your issues don't belong to the same reality as yours. Quite ironically our reailty is way more enjoyable than yours. 🤘

20~25m? No way. That's only 13.0125m, even with Stretch and Auger Reach. It is surely melee range.

If you want to keep the range, you need to keep casting it on every 6 to 8 second - it means all you can do are only move and recast WoF, and also means it have no advantage over the other area DD casters that needs some casting time to use good area DDs. Because their nova damage is much more powerful than World on Fire, it is nonsense.

5 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Ember is all about damage and petty CCs, but the change on last year makes her even harder - actually, virtually impossible - to apply it.

No, it didn't. Ember continues to be one of the best star chart clearing frames because she has high AOE damage that doesn't impede movement or has any other requirements (like Equinox and Saryn). Her base damage and multipliers are so high you can actually get away with running Overextended if you're just clearing trash. She also greatly benefits from every one of the situational Strength mods like Energy Conversion. 

For more defensive purposes her crowd control remains strong. Accelerant is a room-wide 1-2+ second stun, enemies targeted by WoF often die before they stop panicking and Firequake optionally makes you impervious to melee units or anything else that comes near you. 

Recasting WoF is quickly and easily done in any situations that ask for range. Accelerant significantly reduces the casting animation and both skills can be used while airborne. 

She achieves all this with two abilities. She could benefit from a (partially) reworked kit, but she's nowhere near a weak state unless you're going endless.