Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix the Wolf of Saturn 6 Boss, he's broken

Nexeroff

41 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

yeha, sure, lets do him weak as stalker so people can kill him in 1 sec..noty. 

If u dont think wasting time on killing him is worth - dont do it. Thats all. 

people want his 170plat drops for free,i assume? nice, but no. 

or they want to have such rich bosses being able to die to their like mk1 kunai lvl 1? lol. 

and just to know : i mest wolf already like 7 times, we NEVER fought him longer than like 5 min. In different mission - while leveling frames AND weapons on hydron, while farming relics and etc. So..maybe this tough boss just not for you guys? game shouldnt aim ALL content for weakest players/weapons/builds. 

Anyone can fight Eidolons in Pubs and have just a good of a chance for a Arcane Energize to show up, and those sell for more.  The drops of the Wolf Sledge parts are so incredibly rare, that it's far easier to make a lot more plat by farming prime parts and selling them.  So I'm going to call bull on your plat comment because frankly it is.

I didn't say make him like the stalker, I said fix him.  Let him be hard, but fair.  Having him scale the way he does, unless you are fitted for him specifically isn't really fair considering he's a random spawn.  If I knew I was going after him specifically, then fine I can easily deal with him, I would use the right frame and a melee weapon with shattering impact, or a Kavat with sharpened claws, or even Valkyr, etc.  But when I am fitted for a specific mission with the frame I enjoy and have fun using, with the weapons I enjoy and have fun using but they are not those that can strip the Wolf's armor, even with a high damage catchmoon modded for radiation, it just ticks me off, he takes far too long to kill.  When the game stops being fun, and you get frustrated instead then what is the point?

I fought him in a PUB at Helene while training weapons.  He scaled high because of the people who were ranking weapons and frames and we couldn't kill it in 5 minutes, not a chance.  I have killed him solo, really easy, but I don't usually play solo, I almost always play in PUBs.  While you might have encountered him 7 times and always killed in him under 5 minutes because you got an extremely weak scaled version of him, that is not what normally happens.  Matter of fact I find it really hard to believe that happened with you 7 times while leveling frames "AND" weapons, but I'll take your word for it.  Only time I ever had an easy time killing him was solo, and that happened twice, it was super easy, just killed him with my Catchmoon but that was before the recent update to him.  Now he's far more difficult and he has his slaves with him that take no damage while you get throttled with their molitov cocktails.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

This is why it's always a good idea to equip a weapon with corrosive procs on higher levels. No need for kavat or Shattering Impact.

I don't think you understand, the Wolf boss doesn't take damage from corrosive, it takes damage from radiation.  But regardless, it scales so high depending on the squadmates you are teamed up with, that hitting it with corrosive or radiation does almost no damage at all.  Literally, I used a catchmoon with a riven modded for radiation, a imperator vandal modded for radiation and a arca modded for radiation, in a PUB on a mission, I emptied all my ammo into the Wolf, out of all those weapons and he was only down to half his life after 10 min of shooting at him.  None of us were equipped with any melee weapon that had shattering impact, and nobody had a pet with sharpened claws and all of us were 20+ Mr, he spawned as 84 and all of us pumping ammo into him took almost 20 min to kill.

He uses alloy armor, so corrosive is useless.

Just so you understand what you are dealing with when the Wolf scales at level 84.

His Alloy Armor health is at: 234,753.75

His Alloy Armor is at: 2,482.37

His Effective Health is at: 2,177,241.82

And his damage reduction is at: 89.22%

The only things that affect him are:

Puncture at:  +15%

Cold at: +25%

Radiation at: +75%

With his damage reduction, the amount of armor that needs to be stripped, and the effectiveness of radiation he's difficult, very difficult.  The only way to deal with him effectively at these levels is to remove his armor in some way, shattering impact works on some melee weapons like a Sarpa as people mention often, a Kavat with sharpened claws works, Valkyr and some other frames work.  But unless you have one of these things equipped, or someone in your squad does, he takes a very long time to kill, period, there is no way around that fact.  So as I have mentioned before, you either must equip a weapon you probably will not use for anything but the Wolf, or have a Kavat with sharpened claws mod, or a frame that can use an exulted weapon to strip his armor.  That pretty much locks you into a specific kit, specially in PUBs where you have no idea who is carrying what until you are in the mission.  You can take a risk that someone has something to strip his armor, you can take a risk that he will not show up in your mission, or you can fit for fighting him but not be as effective, or not be able to play how you have the most fun or you enjoy.

So until the event with him goes away, if it ever does, and depending on what you decide, you are more or less stuck using very specific weapons, pets or frames.  And remember, with the shattering impact mod you have to use a weapon who's IPS is impact dominant or mod a melee weapon to have more impact than the rest of IPS.

So far as I'm concerned, being that restricted makes the Wolf broken.  The only way you can effectively and reasonably kill him without an impact melee weapon with shattering impact, a Kavat with sharpened claws or a frame who's exalted weapon deals with his armor is to fight him solo so he doesn't scale too high, then you can easily kill him with a catchmoon kitgun modded for radiation, a weapon modded for and that does high radiation damage, or you are in a squad where when he spawns he doesn't scale very high and can be easily killed with a weapon that does high radiation damage.

I carry a melee weapon that deals high corrosive, it's how I kill the Stalker, and I make sure I have it in case he shows up in a mission, but I can use that for almost anything on the star chart.  A sarpa isn't really effective against anything unless you are using it for stripping armor, like Eidolon hunting.  You sacrifice a weapon type that you might only need 1 out of every 50 missions just on the off chance you meet the Wolf.  Or you give up using a companion for a Kavat with sharpened claws mod.   IWhen farming Axi relics I like to use Banshee with a Kubrow that digs up energy for me, but at some point I need to kill things, sarpa is no good and if I am carrying it in case the Wolf shows up, that means I give up a melee weapon, if I am training my secondary at the same time, then I have to use a modded primary for radiation damage.  OR alternatively I can bring power pizzas and use a Kavat with sharpened claws.  But you see my point?  I can fit out to fight the stalker any time he shows up with absolutely no issues and kill almost everything else with the same weapon.  I cannot do that with the Wolf.  I am forced to use only a few methods to strip his armor if he scales high.  So if I want to train a weapon, I am left with far fewer options fitting out to kill the Wolf.  So do I stop training weapons then?

It's restrictive, it's too specialized, he's too tanky, he takes too long to kill, he's not fun in his current iteration.  And now with his molotov cocktail slaves that are immune to damage so long as the wolf is alive, you are not just standing around trying to kill the Wolf, you are healing, healing others, trying to avoid the Wolfs attacks and all of this would be just fine, I can handle and deal with all that, but when you are dealing with all that and the Wolf is taking almost no damage it just becomes a chore, a boring chore that just isn't fun anymore. 

Until I got the last thing that the stalker drops, I hoped he would show up in missions.  I killed bosses to make sure I always was marked by the stalker so he would show up in missions, I would get excited when he did, I still do.  With the Wolf, I just dread it.  I actually wouldn't mind if the stalker was harder to kill, if he had buddies that were immune, so long as it didn't end up being too specialized like the Wolf is currently.

If the Wolf was in a static mission it would not be an issue at all.  I know what to expect, I fit and mod for it, I go in and kill him.  But showing up randomly in a mission when you need a specific fit and kit that restricts your options is not my idea of engaging nor fun.

Edited by Nexeroff
  • Like 1

The problem is that he can come in EVERY mission and I think that you don't have to carry endgame gear always with you.

It's not like doing a lvl 100 sortie assassination when you can gear up just before the fight. He can come when you're alone formating you're mk1-kunai (yes the true endgame is making mk1 weapons godtier 😜 )

20 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh you're right OP he takes ages to kill... LOL

I have killed him a few times, solo, he's super easy solo.  I don't think you are understanding the issue, he scales with the number of people in a squad in a way that doesn't make sense.  If I can kill him super easy while solo, why then does he scale so ludicrous in a squad with 4 people?  How about making a video of killing him in a squad with 3 other people when he's level 80+, without any armor stripping, try that and then post it.

You are taking things way out of context, I don't always play solo, and when he shows up when I'm not, it's a totally different fight.  You are either trolling or just don't know better.

9 minutes ago, Nexeroff said:

I have killed him a few times, solo, he's super easy solo.  I don't think you are understanding the issue, he scales with the number of people in a squad in a way that doesn't make sense.  If I can kill him super easy while solo, why then does he scale so ludicrous in a squad with 4 people?  How about making a video of killing him in a squad with 3 other people when he's level 80+, without any armor stripping, try that and then post it.

You are taking things way out of context, I don't always play solo, and when he shows up when I'm not, it's a totally different fight.  You are either trolling or just don't know better.

You do realise they fixed all assassins recently to scale with the number of players right? It's that way on purpose so that all 4 players have to pull their weight to kill them. The solution is to not play pub, you play pub you run that risk. I would love to face him at level 80 tbh but so far I've had no luck spawning him in floods.

Also why wouldn't I have any armour stripping? That's just poor preparation in a loadout, that's nobody's fault but their own.

Edited by Zilchy

16 minutes ago, ludo3009 said:

The problem is that he can come in EVERY mission and I think that you don't have to carry endgame gear always with you.

It's not like doing a lvl 100 sortie assassination when you can gear up just before the fight. He can come when you're alone formating you're mk1-kunai (yes the true endgame is making mk1 weapons godtier 😜 )

Just bring a good archgun, it's that simple. If you don't end up deploying the archgun it won't suck up any levelling affinity.

The stalker was changed at the same time, to scale the same way

Just now, Zilchy said:

You do realise they fixed all assassins recently to scale with the numberof players right? It's that way on purpose so that all 4 players have to pull their weight to kill them. The solution is to not play pub, you play pub you run that risk. I would love to face him at level 80 tbh but so far I've had no luck spawning him in floods.

The stalker was changed at the same time, and I have killed him in PUBs, while training weapons, at Helene, he scales nothing like the Wolf.

If you do not have something to strip his armor, while fitted specifically for a mission where you didn't carry that in your kit, and he spawns at 80+ for your squad and nobody has armor stripping fitted you are screwed, period, there is no way around it.  You are in for a long drawn out fight where his health bar barely moves at all while everyone is dumping and heaping DPS on him.  It's just stupid.

1 minute ago, Nexeroff said:

The stalker was changed at the same time, to scale the same way

The stalker was changed at the same time, and I have killed him in PUBs, while training weapons, at Helene, he scales nothing like the Wolf.

If you do not have something to strip his armor, while fitted specifically for a mission where you didn't carry that in your kit, and he spawns at 80+ for your squad and nobody has armor stripping fitted you are screwed, period, there is no way around it.  You are in for a long drawn out fight where his health bar barely moves at all while everyone is dumping and heaping DPS on him.  It's just stupid.

The most likely place he'll spawn at level 80 is a kuva flood would you agree? Since he doesn't spawn in sorties? I bring a smeeta kavat for the resource buff like most people. Sharpened claws works on Wolf.

The stalker has been a joke since Operators, we all know this. So bad example. Wolf is just the latest assassin to the mix and I'm sure any future ones will scale the same.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

The most likely place he'll spawn at level 80 is a kuva flood would you agree? Since he doesn't spawn in sorties? I bring a smeeta kavat for the resource buff like most people. Sharpened claws works on Wolf.

The stalker has been a joke since Operators, we all know this. So bad example. Wolf is just the latest assassin to the mix and I'm sure any future ones will scale the same.

No, I wouldn't agree with that at all.  He scales depending on the number of people, so he's more likely to spawn at 80 for a squad of 4 than not.  Why would he more likely spawn at 80 in a Kuva flood, that makes no sense.

I use my Kavat for very specific purposes and don't usually have a Kavat with me, I use my Kubrows for very specific purposes and don't always have one with me.  I use different fits for all my pets, depending on what I do, and don't always have Sharpened Claws in the fit.

The point in mentioning the stalker is that you see almost no difference, where with the Wolf, the scaling made a gigantic difference, the scaling for Stalker is okay, the scaling for Wolf is broken.  Compare doing both solo and in squads and then you understand what I mean.  If everyone can easily kill the Wolf solo, then how does it scale so drastically with squads?

The main difference between the Stalker and the Wolf is that the Wolf has alloy armor and it needs to be stripped before you can readily kill him, which means a very specific type of weapon or modded pet where the Stalker can be killed with a weapon that can kill just about everything on the star chart.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Maybe one day I'll have to worry about the Wolf spawning in my missions.  As it stands his spawn rate for me is near enough zero that it doesn't matter.  Seeing Nora talk about him is like watching the news about events in another country.

I would happily trade you. I see the bastard at least once a day. Better than half the time I just drop mission when  he pops- not worth the time to deal with, especially not when leveling out mastery fodder trash. 

I finally got to fight him Sunday when doing challenges.  Apparently it was for the better I was solo.  I literally killed him in under a minute with Catchmoon.  He spawned at lvl 30 right after a Lua challenge.  I got scared at first then I was shocked at how easy he went down.  Doesn't sound fun with a group.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Jeez all these threads...
He hasn't spawned for me in over a week. I want him to spawn so I can see if he had some change done to him.

I just ran into him on the switch version, if they changed anything then I sure as hell didn't see it.

Level 61 on Hydron (guess what the team of 4 we had was doing?) I pull out my Archgun and with all 1800 bullets I barely reduce his now red health bar (all his armor was stripped because by some miracle we had 2 kavats and 3 corrosive projections) while hitting him in the head after he got stuck in a wall.

The total time for 5 waves ended at TWENTY NINE MINUTES most of which was us standing still plugging him in the head with literally everything we had while intermittently picking each other up from fugitive molotovs which appear to do infinity damage because not one of them didn't instant kill one of us.

This boss is awful, I wasted 30 minutes of my life smacking an enemy that DIDN'T EVEN DROP A MOD while just trying to level up my newly acquired Baruuk.

To everyone in this topic who is spamming "hE iS EaSy GiT GuD HURHURHUR" kindly shut your damn clemholes because he isn't a challenge, he isn't fun, he isn't WORTH IT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I just ran into him on the switch version, if they changed anything then I sure as hell didn't see it.

Level 61 on Hydron (guess what the team of 4 we had was doing?) I pull out my Archgun and with all 1800 bullets I barely reduce his now red health bar (all his armor was stripped because by some miracle we had 2 kavats and 3 corrosive projections) while hitting him in the head after he got stuck in a wall.

The total time for 5 waves ended at TWENTY NINE MINUTES most of which was us standing still plugging him in the head with literally everything we had while intermittently picking each other up from fugitive molotovs which appear to do infinity damage because not one of them didn't instant kill one of us.

This boss is awful, I wasted 30 minutes of my life smacking an enemy that DIDN'T EVEN DROP A MOD while just trying to level up my newly acquired Baruuk.

To everyone in this topic who is spamming "hE iS EaSy GiT GuD HURHURHUR" kindly shut your damn clemholes because he isn't a challenge, he isn't fun, he isn't WORTH IT.

I see.
I made a thread in Feedback weeks ago about his drop tables in comparison to the "challenge" he presents.
It's opinion & gear that dictates if he is a challenge. But he takes considerable effort to defeat either way. He has given me NOTHING but Molten Impacts & 1 other elemental mod which fills me with a soul burning rage that even General Sargus Ruk would say: "That fire burns..."

It looks like they added the Convicts to him. He use to spawn solo.
I hope the fire isn't that bad. If it is then god mode Operators have become the best way to kill him (if solo).

He typically take an entire mission length to defeat for most players it seems.
He only jumped me when I was leveling MR Fodder so he took me between 10-15, once 25 minutes (leveling Twin Vipers Wraith no other weapons, was Equinox, & had a brand new unguilded amp equipped) to kill.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

It looks like they added the Convicts to him. He use to spawn solo.

Not sure if you know about this, but the convicts are also damage immune while the Wolf is alive, which translates to them doing more damage with Molotovs than the Wolf does with his hammer, THEY ARE A BIGGER THREAT THAN HE IS.

The damage from the molotovs also seems to have no rhyme or reason to how it works, it rips through shields as if it were a magnetic attack and often has no telegraph or way to know when its about to be thrown by them either so while you're trying to shoot the Sponge in the head to make the mission take less time you also have to spam stuns and the like on the Fugitives or else you'll eventually eat fire with no recourse.

For a boss who shows up at random he has no business taking anywhere NEAR 30 minutes to take down, because after the first 5 he's done all of his attacks 10 times each and the rest is just spamming the trigger like if you were playing bloody COOKIE CLICKER.

...Man it feels good to vent.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Not sure if you know about this, but the convicts are also damage immune while the Wolf is alive, which translates to them doing more damage with Molotovs than the Wolf does with his hammer, THEY ARE A BIGGER THREAT THAN HE IS.

The damage from the molotovs also seems to have no rhyme or reason to how it works, it rips through shields as if it were a magnetic attack and often has no telegraph or way to know when its about to be thrown by them either so while you're trying to shoot the Sponge in the head to make the mission take less time you also have to spam stuns and the like on the Fugitives or else you'll eventually eat fire with no recourse.

For a boss who shows up at random he has no business taking anywhere NEAR 30 minutes to take down, because after the first 5 he's done all of his attacks 10 times each and the rest is just spamming the trigger like if you were playing bloody COOKIE CLICKER.

...Man it feels good to vent.

Hmm...glad to help you get it off your chest. That stress is not healthy.
I'm suddenly glad he hasn't harassed me in forever haha.

But if he disturbs me I'll shove an Arca Plasmor up his (censored) just for you.

Last time he spawned for me in Helene, and you know what ? We diddnt get him down (smeeta with armor strip).

He or better his minions killed my teammates non stop, the most thing i did was res them. Archwing weapon (Imperator Vandal)? He diddnt care...

After 20min only half of his life was gone, the others quit ... jep very nice NO

So I just fought him twice in the span of ten minutes. The first time he spawned in a kuva flood at level 127. (I fought a 148 for over a half hour with 3 other guys and we got him to about 25% health before our rescue target bled out). We took him down in 5 minutes and I was rocking a riven-less gram prime with a full crit straight IPS build. With Ash, and no outside damage buffs, I ended up doing over 60% of the mission damage and the red crits were huge. Biggest numbers by far that I have done to Wolfie.

The second time it was a kuva siphon. It was just me and I didn't even bother looking at his level because I had my trusty old (0 forma, btw) crit-IPS Gram prime with me. It took about 45 - 60 seconds to take him down. 

Not sure what it means but it did the trick. Suffice to say I will be rocking the 0 forma gram prime for a lot of the rest of Nightwave. (I was recently gifted Fragor Prime - since then, I've gotten into slow, heavy weapons.)

Build was pretty standard: primed pressure point, primed reach, blood rush, berserker, gladiator rush (the crit damage one), organ shatter, true steel, drifting contact with Cleaving Whirlwind. (All mods max level, btw) I just spammed Broken Bull on him. 

Only seen him ONCE through the whole event.... and all he did is slowly walk towards me while I chuck popcorns at it till it slips and breaks its neck. 

Heck... saw homegirl literally just go invis on Ivara and spam headshots on it, it did nothing but stand there takin arrows to the eye socket like it's space mama jesus just blowing air at it..

whenlifegetsatyou.png

"broken"? peak bullet sponge mastery more like.

9 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

yeha, sure, lets do him weak as stalker so people can kill him in 1 sec..noty. 

If u dont think wasting time on killing him is worth - dont do it. Thats all. 

people want his 170plat drops for free,i assume? nice, but no. 

or they want to have such rich bosses being able to die to their like mk1 kunai lvl 1? lol. 

and just to know : i mest wolf already like 7 times, we NEVER fought him longer than like 5 min. In different mission - while leveling frames AND weapons on hydron, while farming relics and etc. So..maybe this tough boss just not for you guys? game shouldnt aim ALL content for weakest players/weapons/builds. 

9 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

Same thoughts. People just like doing nothing (dont have weapons, dont be able to do dmg or survive boss) and at the same time got all nice rich loot from them. Lol. Thats not even fair 🙂 Want rich loot - u have to deserve it. 

If the Wolf spawns in a defense mission, the next wave doesn't start until he's killed, blocking your progression.

If the Wolf spawns in an interception mission, his invincible buddies can split up to capture and hold multiple towers, which doesn't just block your progression, but can also put you on a rather strict time limit to kill him.

Ignoring the Wolf can be an option, sure. But it's not always an option, and not because of his loot.