Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Disposition is good, but you're using it wrong

Smilomaniac

it may be funny, but in reality it is like that. There have already been many people who have left because of the departure of the Rivens.

And with the entry of it, there is no longer a balance of weapons. Thing that from the first moment that the Rivens came, it did not have to have existed in the game.

What he has done is basically to break both the balance of the game and the style of the players.

Look at the case of the bows: Nobody uses it (Except the Lenz) Why? Because not only are there many better weapons that do their job better, but they also have very poor statistics.

And if we look at the case of the mods, the only mods that are used in 100% of cases is damage, multi-shot, elemental damage (critical, critical damage or state probability) and the rest of mods in the trash .

This would not have happened, if his had gotten a constant progressive improvement of weapons, that the more time it takes playing a certain weapon, the more powerful it becomes, and the disposition would control everything, to avoid the great abuse and the theme of "META" . In addition there would be great variety.

If you set the difference between a bow and a Sniper. You already know the difference, the sniper has a passive buff that increases the damage, critical damage or critical probability, while the bow does not. The sniper points better than a bow, etc, etc, etc.

To my honestly with this system I have been disappointed enough, and sadly you can not eliminate it. Because if it were deleted, they would skip the whole server against removing the Rivens. Therefore the game will be controlled if or if by the "META" without even developing a unique style of play, of each player.

And since they are very concerned about the entry of new players they should also worry about the veteran players, and those people who want to enjoy a game without even seeing much of the "META". Because the "META" is loaded one the game, and the style of games of the players.

THE END

Please, before leaving, throw the garbage in the container near the exit. I hope you enjoyed the movie.

1l4oqw.jpg

53 minutes ago, OmegaZero said:

People are acting like these top tier weapons are suddenly useless without Riven mods. Rivens are entirely optional for completing every piece of rewarding content in the game at this moment. They are a luxury, meant to bring up weaker underdogs rather then buff the toppiest of top tier meta cannons.

the thing is .. its not about yesterday hit or the 1st hit 3 months ago .. its about the idea of changing disposition every 3 months (4 times a year) so your lato vandal may get 2 more hits like arca plasmor and ignis both got hit twice and we expecting more hits this year. 

From a casual player side of things the system works pretty well. There is allot of fun in that you can really specialize something you couldn't do otherwise. Is the system perfect? No. Like mentioned highly used nich weapons take a hit. 

I think the system benefits way outweighs drawbacks, and would love to see suggested improvements rather then outright complaints.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

the thing is .. its not about yesterday hit or the 1st hit 3 months ago .. its about the idea of changing disposition every 3 months (4 times a year) so your lato vandal may get 2 more hits like arca plasmor and ignis both got hit twice and we expecting more hits this year. 

Yes, that is how the system is supposed to work. If my Lato Riven ends up being useless, then I’ll just go back to the build I had before it was Riven modded, no big deal. It’ll still kill things.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

And what is the problem with that? I do not mind that at all, and I even like that DE is actually doing it. Because the whole point of this system, as stated several times, is to help worse weapons be good. And if OP weapons rivens are too OP they get a nerf. Mostly people just want their Lankas and Rubicos to stay at a high disposition to suit their powercreep needs. Because those people didn't care for the weapons but for their rivened power only.

Unlike these people who see rivens and not weapons I actually play my weapons because I like them, and not because I have a riven for them. And yes. Supra, Rubico, Opticor (before), etc. were all hit by these changes. Weapons that used to have a high disposition, and which I liked even before Rivens existed, were even nicer with those rivens, until these powerhungry masses started using my favorite and off-radar weapons and ruined their dispositions.

And now they are disappointed? These people should cry me a river, honestly. It's like you found that secret beach spot no one knows about, and you enjoy it to the fullest, until word gets out and the masses come and polute the entire beach, only to complain that said beach is dirty. And yet I do not mind these balances, because I accept the system for what it is.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Thanks for the bump, I appreciate it despite you missing all the points.

Your own summary of your post was "it's good for there to be overtuned outlier weapons" in a post about nerfs to riven mods, which indicates that you're fundamentally misunderstanding the nature of the issue.

There already were outlier weapons before rivens were introduced. They were added in an effort to give people tools to bring other weapons closer to that same level of usefulness (and thus "fun" for those who can't have fun unless they're maximally efficient). Instead, rivens became a way to make those existing outliers even more oppressively ubiquitous.

Rivens are not weapons. They are not an intrinsic part of what makes a weapon what it is. Stop drawing faulty comparisons between nerfs to weapons and changes to riven balance.

In my own experience, every single riven I had that was tuned down was for a weapon that was already one of my top performers. Those of mine that were tuned up were generally for weapons that I enjoyed but had to justify bringing over other objectively more effective choices. Between that and the endless salt from people who spent a hundred dollars on a riven for some meta flavor-of-the-month, it seems like DE was pretty on the mark regarding which weapons need the support and which are good without strong rivens.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

And what is the problem with that? I do not mind that at all, and I even like that DE is actually doing it. Because the whole point of this system, as stated several times, is to help worse weapons be good. And if OP weapons rivens are too OP they get a nerf. Mostly people just want their Lankas and Rubicos to stay at a high disposition to suit their powercreep needs. Because those people didn't care for the weapons but for their rivened power only.

1: ppl like OP weapons ..weapons that can delete anything move from existence in nanosecond thus they all wana go to weapons MR12 and up and no one care about low MR weapons .. and that why rivens exist .. they here to create balance  but if we will have so many changes in a short time then why even bother to spend time and money for mods that will be hit constantly ?? every one will go back to OP weapons that dont even need riven mods to kill everything .. sounds wied but that what will happen if certain weapons get hits multiple times in a short time 

2: some weapons needs riven to perform good like ingis wraith and other weapons with -20% CC or -20%SC .. without riven you cant get enough CC by just point strike 150% ... imo any weapon that is below 20% cc and sc need a riven to be taken i higher lvl missions 

i dont say dnd change disposition ever .. they need to be changed from time to time for balance .. just dnd hit 1 weapon twice in a row 

or how about make disposition scale high and low depending on weapon MR? low lvl weapon always have 5/5 and MR14 weapons always have 1/5 .. sounds fair and balance .. you will not see 150-200% dmg cc cd ..etc on any high MR weapon and also no headache to dev team to change stats every prime access 

13 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Have the riven buffs made any other weapons viable for getting as many eidolon kills during the night as possible? No, it's still the same setups and it will be until you change the eidolons themselves or you nerf snipers into the ground.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this "nerf snipers so eidolons take longer, don't buff any other weapons to make eidolons faster" was a happy accident rather than some mis-read of why snipers are used so much. I have a lot of reason to believe DE loathes us making a mockery of their colossus bosses and pulling off 6x3 runs so routinely... but at the same time they balance their game for lvl90 anyway, and have never really felt it was worth risk tweaking the mechanics that really centralize the endgame (like armor). So instead they settle for ignoring the problem and just taking passive-aggressive occasional jabs, like patching out the Exploiter Nova Skip

(OK I admit, that's a gross tinfoil hat-ish exaggeration of what I actually believe is going on. I mean the Nova Skip was REALLY lucky it didn't cause a script error and crash the fight, so it probably needed to be addressed regardless)

13 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Example 2:
I have a non melee weapon that has full disposition. It's an unpopular one and my riven has something along the lines of +180% crit damage and +250% damage. It does 12x crit damage.
There is nothing in the simulacrum that I don't wreck to absolute shreds with this thing and I've "mained" it for about a year. Obviously the system has failed because it's not been "discovered".
I honestly don't want to tell you what it is, because you'll nerf it for no other reason than some vapid belief in balance.

There's a lot about your post that I agree with but this point is just so far off base I can't ignore it.  The riven system isn't designed to take a non-meta weapon and make it meta.  For that to happen a large portion of the player base would have to recognize the weapon was a gem.  They'd have to like the weapon enough to use it (not a given).  They'd have to obtain a riven for it.  And finally they'd have to have stats on that riven as good as yours are. 

If any one of those things fails to happen for an individual they aren't going to start using the weapon.

On the contrary I'd say the riven system was a smashing success in this case because you and you alone had the stars line up and create a powerful weapon worthy of "maining".  Congrats on that.  Maybe be happy about it instead of moaning like it was a bad thing???

• Like 2