Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to get every Warframe without buying platinum?

Cewl_Cat

yes you can get all warframes (even primes) without spending money

primes however are limited time, they go out and in from the loot system, but you still can get every single one when they become avaliable to obtain

i tend to buy only the parts i find hard to get to support the devs, since at some point someone has to buy plat from them

sometimes even i buy platinum to buy parts, i think is a good system where everyone wins

except rivens, those things seriously need an auction house so people (im looking at you riven mafia ¬¬) stop scamming buyers

Edited by Toppien
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, iLLusionMast3r said:

yes,it is.Later in the game it will be quite easy to earn platinum by selling some of your items,and most warframes can be obtained from missions(or primes from relics if they are not vaulted).

Yes, you can do it without playing the game of eBay. Just need patience and farming.

everyone telling him that vaulted primes require platinum,they do,but he doesn't have to buy it.He can simply sell non-vaulted prime parts(and all the other things that sell for a good ammount of plat)and use that platinum to buy them

19 hours ago, Cewl_Cat said:

Question in the title. 🙂

Yup, I'm proof of this. I recommend you check out warframe.market and examine your inventory. If you regularly crack the overabundance of relics you'll surely accumulate while playing the game, you'll gather plenty of things to sell in no time, and every so often mods can be worth selling too. Once you have "at least one of everything" for your own needs, it can be surprising how quickly you can accumulate plat by selling to other players who are willing to pay in real cash rather than do the grind.

If you have plenty spare 'prime junk' items to trade in for ducats (for me, anything worth under 5p each), paying attention to Baro Ki'teer and investing in weapons or popular exclusive mods to sell later in a few months can be quite profitable, too.

Lastly, do your daily sorties! Anasa statues are in constant demand (because nobody ever has enough endo, or else is going on a mad decoration spree), and Rivens - while wildly, wildly, wildly influenced by RNG and I suspect market manipulation - can also be profitable, albeit you also get into "at least one of everything" with Rivens as well. If you do get into Riven mod trading, I don't recommend wasting Kuva on more than 9 rolls per riven - if it winds up trash or mediocre at the end, better to use it as Riven Transmutation fuel (which, you'll have to be able to do Tridolons, so pretty advanced content, mind you).

Edited by TheGreenFellow

Clarifying OP question (sorry DE - still love you):

Can you actually get every Warframe in the game (Papa Excalibur excluded of course) without the use of platinum, even if you are given unlimited time to farm it all.

Answer: NO

Game doesn't offer Warframe slots but in few rare situations, so you might get at best 7 Warframe slots total (Nightwave/Anniversary/milestone?maybe) in a few years from now without using plat.

49 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Clarifying OP question (sorry DE - still love you):

Can you actually get every Warframe in the game (Papa Excalibur excluded of course) without the use of platinum, even if you are given unlimited time to farm it all.

Answer: NO

You didn't clarify the question, you changed it. Based on OP's response above where he was asked if he meant 'buying' or 'using' in his original question in the title of the thread, a more correct clarification would be:

Can you actually get every Warframe in the game (Papa Excalibur excluded of course) without having to spend real world money?

The Answer to that is: YES

Platunum can be easily (ymmv) obtained other ways.

Edited by Bhao

On 2019-04-15 at 5:33 AM, Bhao said:

You didn't clarify the question, you changed it. Based on OP's response above where he was asked if he meant 'buying' or 'using' in his original question in the title of the thread, a more correct clarification would be:

If every player removed the buying condition, would love to see them trading.

So answer is no, as outside of players purchasing plat in order to trade/traders waiting for players to purchase plat to get such plat , there is very few way to obtain enough slots.

Edit:

Just correcting myself.

In reality, you only need plat to obtain and keep them all, you can still obtain them all, level them up and discard as needed. Waste of Warframes, but possible to do without purchase of platinum.

Edited by Souldend78

12 hours ago, Souldend78 said:

If every player removed the buying condition, would love to see them trading. 

...but not every player does that. your scenario here is entirely hypothetical.

This is about OP in particular and in the current platinum climate (if you will) there is enough platinum that is accessible to players who do not want to spend real life money. therefore he can do it without buying any.

On 2019-04-14 at 11:22 AM, MadFable said:

If you do buy Plat dont do unless you get a 75% coupon. It just isn't worth the price they're asking.

I will disagree with this given how rare the 75-80% off seems to be. I got a 60% after getting a bunch of paltry 20% and ran with it. If you get a 50% or more and have the money/desire go for it.

Yes, you can technically get everything without spending money, but you're going to have a rough start and have to do much more than the guy that does buy platinum.

Don't spend platinum on weapons or frames when you do get it though. Go for slots and cosmetics.

On 2019-04-15 at 6:08 AM, Softballbryan said:

Absolutely... at a great cost of your time

It takes time farming the items. But if you are already farming prime frames/weapons you will stock pile weapons and frames. (I'm still sitting on 6 valk p sets.) And trade chat usually doesn't take long as long as you look for WTB signs and have an abundance of parts.

4 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

It takes time farming the items. But if you are already farming prime frames/weapons you will stock pile weapons and frames. (I'm still sitting on 6 valk p sets.) And trade chat usually doesn't take long as long as you look for WTB signs and have an abundance of parts.

There is also Warframe.market if you want to not deal with the scam and spam fest of trade trade.

Even then, trading can take a lot of time as well due to how you have go to certain locations and are limited in how many you can do.

Edited by Bioness

12 minutes ago, Bioness said:

There is also Warframe.market if you want to not deal with the scam and spam fest of trade trade.

Even then, trading can take a lot of time as well due to how you have go to certain locations and are limited in how many you can do.

Main issue with warframe.market. is that due to how it's laid out. It shows the lowest price possible for an item. And because people have the mentality of "now now now" with selling they go below the lowest price in an attempt to sell faster. If this gets repeated enough, the value of items slowly fall on warframe.market.

This causes the misunderstanding that people who use normal trade chat scam people, just because they don't go below the lowest price on warframe.market.

Generally speaking. If you sell on warframe.market you lose some of the plat in exchange you create a middle man to find a deal for you. It's up to the player what they value more.

25 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Main issue with warframe.market. is that due to how it's laid out. It shows the lowest price possible for an item. And because people have the mentality of "now now now" with selling they go below the lowest price in an attempt to sell faster. If this gets repeated enough, the value of items slowly fall on warframe.market.

Partially correct, by using the lowest price displayed on the market, and match it, it will show yours on top, by having it added last to WF market.  Some items hold their price as people are just not willing to take less for them.

27 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Generally speaking. If you sell on warframe.market you lose some of the plat in exchange you create a middle man to find a deal for you. It's up to the player what they value more.

as a buyer: People want the lowest prices.. you'd be a fool not to use this as a buyer!. As a seller, you can make plenty of plat by using this platform.. why use the trade chat at all? Upholding a Rhino prime value in trade chat for 400+plat and being able to buy it in Warframe.market for around 300 isn't great at all for the buyer who will be saving around 100 plat.. which will allow them to buy another frame like nova, mag or others. ~ we have to understand that plat is precious.. for everyone..

As a seller: Trading via WF market is passive and doesnt require you to spam chat all the time and not play the game. Having chats coming in and using a third party allows the player not to wait around for someone to reply to them spamming the trade chat and play the game. For me personally, being able to play the game and earning stuff in stead of having my earnings paused spamming trade chat is more valuable than an extra 5 more plat on an item..
but thats all off topic.

as for on topic, ingame trading is not hard at all, basically you can trade anything and buy your WF slots or prime frames and weapons without spending real life cash on plat packages. If you know how to farm, where to farm specific items and you are not afraid of reading up on stuff and waiting for trades coming in then you should be able to get any item you want (except those that are founders or exclusive to a time frame only) wiki is an excellent place to read up on this.

Z

46 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

This causes the misunderstanding that people who use normal trade chat scam people, just because they don't go below the lowest price on warframe.market.

I actually disagree here. There is no misunderstanding at all. This is just how it works.

You want to sell it NOW, you have to accept less. You want to buy it NOW, you have to pay more.

You don't lose anything, you are just essentially paying for the convenience of not having to use the chat.

1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

How is any of Warframe.market a "misunderstanding"? It works perfectly fine as is. How is it a bad thing to show the lowest price first or want to buy things at lower prices? Overall I feel even the sellers gain plat because they are not wasting time waiting for a response from trade chat. Everyone benefits.

Edited by Bioness

On 2019-04-17 at 10:11 AM, Falconer777 said:

It is possible, but it is long. Grind + time to trade. 
If your time is precious, and grind and trading chat is not fun, it's easier to buy.

I agree. You can give all types of examples on keeping your gameplay free... and you’re correct.... but you are still gonna trade your life hours for plat farming... for some, that’s not desirable and we choose to spend some real cash... it speeds up the grind/process... both options are fine and acceptable...

• Like 1