Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave feels boring now

Blaudari

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

alert system dont suit me so its alright to be removed instead of getting rework or overhaul, but nightwave suit me so its here to stay ? flawed logic .

alert worked for veterans and newcomers most of the time, they could've gave alert the same exclusive rewards they gave the nightwave and you will not know the deference.

just because something dont offer you something you want does not mean its alright for it to be eradicated from the game, this is not how it works.

Ignorring the first part because you're way off base.

Alerts didn't work for veterans, we've been asking for them to be changed for years now. If you're gonna quote me in a comment I make, make sure you stay on topic or it just becomes a pointless tangent. I stated that it's impossible for nightwavw or any system for that matter, to appeal to everyone. You then butted in telling me that alerts were fine for everyone. I'm telling right now that they weren't, veterans didn't even bother with them. Get your facts straight.

Edited by Zilchy

Just now, Majestic-scrub said:

nice last minute edit there.

and you dont say Sherlock we know alert system was flawed for the past 6 years but DE kept hiding core items behind it and never ever wanted to overhaul/rework it.

but does that mean its okay to remove it outright ? hell no but DE did it because they want you to use the nightwave instead, they removed choice and forced us into this.

and nightwave actually more grindy than the old alert believe it or not, in fact you getting less for your time and enjoyment of this game with nightwave because all you doing is a chore list just to get a reward you used to get from alert in 5mn even with the rng nature of it its way more rewarding.

Nightwave takes maybe 2-3 hours max per week to complete and is it perfect? No but it's still more engaging than alerts. If you don't like nightwave just don't do it. Just evaluate whether or not the awards are worth your time and either do them or don't do them. I promise if you choose NO it won't start raining in your house, frogs won't infest you or any other plague, the sky won't fall and your life will carry on. It's a game, nothing more, if you don't like it, play something else.

4 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

from reading your comments i understand that you hate alert and view it as waste of time and by that logic you're okay for it to stay removed from the game.

and practice what you breach my dear, i didnt say alert was fine for everyone because me and you are not everyone and are part of the whole chain, i said they worked for veterans and newcomers most of the time, nightwave does not work for newcomers and it require them to be way into the game before they start getting something from it.

I understand that i literally said there is no system that will cater to everyone. Alerts didn't work for vets, nightwave doesn't work for new comers. So why did you bother telling me that alerts worked for vets? They really don't, they offer no reward worth doing the alert for. Gift of the lotus excepted of course and they still remain.

Edited by Zilchy

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

offering me to gtfo of your game if i dont like it is not the answer you just make yourself looks ridiculous this way.

and no it wont rain frogs even if the whole game get canned but this is not the point my dude.

game wise by removing the alert DE have stripped us from choices, i cant get an aura or netains unless i do nightwave.

and you seems to take a hardcore stance on defending nightwave after you said that no system can please everyone, i view it as hypocrisy, you want us to understand that alert didnt work for you so its alright if its get removed but in the other hand you dont like it when we criticize nightwave and tell us to play something else ? 

all this over a online game wow

offering me to gtfo of your game if i dont like it is not the answer you just make yourself looks ridiculous this way.

and no it wont rain frogs even if the whole game get canned but this is not the point my dude.

game wise by removing the alert DE have stripped us from choices, i cant get an aura or netains unless i do nightwave.

and you seems to take a hardcore stance on defending nightwave after you said that no system can please everyone, i view it as hypocrisy, you want us to understand that alert didnt work for you so its alright if its get removed but in the other hand you dont like it when we criticize nightwave and tell us to play something else ? 

I didn't tell you to GTFO I showed you your choices as it currently stands. Nightwave is in beta, like the whole game has been for years sigh... So far I don't like the direction because the whining has removed the more interesting chalenges from the list so far, making it less engaging. Rewards wise except for the tier 30 and beyond letdown of 15 credits, the rewards are mostly decent and useful for newcomers and for vets alike. Some appeal to new players, some to old, as it should be. Personally I'd enjoy much harder challenegs but I doubt I'll get that so I'll make do with these ones for now. Still beats an alert for 15k credits or 300 salvage...

so judging from this you get your netains from where exactly when they first get introduced ? 

When it was first introduced? And we got maybe 1 nitain alert a day? Assuming we were around at that time? Lua sabotage and then later on ghouls is where most of mine came from. And shock horror you can still get them from there.

2 hours ago, Gruiz said:

That's what we get after people complaining of different things.

Capture hydrolyst, Complained

Silver groove scepter, Complained

Slightly hard quest, complained

Then we got easy one that people can done it while playing normally, Complained

Wtf you guys want?

me? personally i want something that doesnt get repetitive after four weeks of the system being out. everything you mentioned was fine, though i have no idea what this slightly hard quest you talk about is. i cant imagine what this will be like for the next couple nightwaves.. just the same "mine 6 rare gems" "get 6 rare fish" maybe next time it will be "afk for 10 minutes in a mission".

Just now, Zilchy said:

The force is strong in this one.

Strange how we didn't just hang around waiting for an alert once in 24 hrs, too lazy to farm a resource we needed huh?

I can get 15 nitain by just playing 3 hours per week so thats a lot of time saved for me.

Just now, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I can get 15 nitain by just playing 3 hours per week so thats a lot of time saved for me.

Yeh the cost in wolf credits is really cheap. If I were a new player I'd ignore cosmetics for now, buy corrosive projection and maybe shield disruption and spend the rest on enough nitain for their needs. Ignore potatoes, crack a few relics, sell the parts and buy em from market, much more efficient.

this game is not beta, once you start accepting people money and actively monetizing them to the balls by every way imaginably then it you dont have the right to use that tag, its only there to protect themselves from criticize if they change something, and its also there because we actually beta testing they're rushed mess for them instead of them hiringpeople to do it.

and glad to see you using the term ''mostly'' now.

also what will happen to this system after 1 year from now ? how will it hold up to the old alert system ? you think DE will not recycle more and more challenges and give less and less intresting rewards ? that was the case with baro mind you.

ad you gave me the choice of playing nightwave or getting the hell out, nothing in between like getting something that work for me or others.

Technically DE is still in beta or they wont be able to update the game so frequently and they said so themselves multiple times on streams. 

Just now, Zilchy said:

Yeh the cost in wolf credits is really cheap. If I were a new player I'd ignore cosmetics for now, buy corrosive projection and maybe shield disruption and spend the rest on enough nitain for their needs. Ignore potatoes, crack a few relics, sell the parts and buy em from market, much more efficient.

too bad nightwave came exactly after I crafted 99% of the stuff needed in the game anyway so I'm just chilling at prestige rank 1 until season 2

2 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

this game is not beta, once you start accepting people money and actively monetizing them to the balls by every way imaginably then it you dont have the right to use that tag, its only there to protect themselves from criticize if they change something, and its also there because we actually beta testing they're rushed mess for them instead of them hiringpeople to do it.

and glad to see you using the term ''mostly'' now.

also what will happen to this system after 1 year from now ? how will it hold up to the old alert system ? you think DE will not recycle more and more challenges and give less and less intresting rewards ? that was the case with baro mind you.

ad you gave me the choice of playing nightwave or getting the hell out, nothing in between like getting something that work for me or others.

Tell that to DE. They're forever insisting they're in beta. Also it's free to play and subject to change at any time, they have the right to call it what they want.

They will give leas interesting challenges because players whine that things are too hard and give DE little choice on what challenges to add.

No I gave you your current choices. Currently you don't have any other choice so what I said is correct. How you interpret that is up to you.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

too bad nightwave came exactly after I crafted 99% of the stuff needed in the game anyway so I'm just chilling at prestige rank 1 until season 2

I did the whole thing for the umbral forma lol, it wasn't much of a time sink. 2-3 hrs a week on this game is nothing lol 🙂

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

let me educate you on the chances of getting them from there is like winning the lottery

heres how you get netain without using nightwave :

Reveal hidden contents

Hko1a3E.png

now lets see how you get them from the sources above:

Lua and Kuva fortress and also Void, you only have a chance to drop when you open all 3 caches from Sabotage Lua,Void/Exterminate Kuva 

Ghoul Purge event which occurs once every few weeks and you can only get them from Tier 1 Stage 4 and Tier 2 Stage 4 & 5

now wanna see what is the percentage of getting netain from those sources above me ? oh boy check it out :

5FzQyk4.png

sure nobody is holding a gun to my head to get them from nighwave instead but when i see my chances from the other sources then ill take nightwave anyday and this is how you ''force''  someone to use your nightwave system.

then it sucks to be you 😄 if you want rewards then you gotta grind so welcome to warfarm and prepare ur hoe.

13 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

let me educate you on the chances of getting them from there is like winning the lottery

heres how you get netain without using nightwave :

Hide contents

Hko1a3E.png

now lets see how you get them from the sources above:

Lua and Kuva fortress and also Void, you only have a chance to drop when you open all 3 caches from Sabotage Lua,Void/Exterminate Kuva 

Ghoul Purge event which occurs once every few weeks and you can only get them from Tier 1 Stage 4 and Tier 2 Stage 4 & 5

now wanna see what is the percentage of getting netain from those sources above me ? oh boy check it out :

5FzQyk4.png

sure nobody is holding a gun to my head to get them from nighwave instead but when i see my chances from the other sources then ill take nightwave anyday and this is how you ''force''  someone to use your nightwave system.

It's a game about grinding, take that away and what are you left with to play...

We didn't have ghouls initially, the plains didn't exist. I wish you'd been there when nitain was introduced with 1 alert lasting 30 mins per day. I can imagine how much you would've complained since you wouldn't want to do lua sabotage 

Edit: lol and we were doing it to grind the research for Wukong 😄 That was the first thing added that required nitain, something like 11 nitain to research and build him I think it was.

Edited by Zilchy

Nightwave is perfect for those who only have 2-3hours per day unless they gave up some sleep cuz of life duties which is far better than relying on Rngesus for Vauban neuropathics which took me months to even get before nightwave existed.

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I've said from the start ranks after tier 30 should be kuva. It's more likely that vets reach that stage and they don't want wolf credits. Wolf credits should be in the earlier tiers.

It should be a choice, honestly. 15 ( or a bit more ) Wolf Credits, around 2-4k Kuva, and maybe a possible third choice like Forma or Endo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, so_many_watermelons said:

It should be a choice, honestly. 15 ( or a bit more ) Wolf Credits, around 2-4k Kuva, and maybe a possible third choice like Forma or Endo.

I like that idea. Caters for both player extremes. Maybe a bit more kuva though cos that's like a week's worth of missions for something that takes 10 minutes of kuva missions to get.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

I have to agree. Once I got the main rewards I lost all steam. I'm not even interested in the extra points, I stopped halfway through and was like "meh" and started doing my own thing. I see this being a huge problem if it isn't just me. 

Something about it just doesn't either gel well with what they already have going on in the game or I dunno, I think it's another potential burnout situation and while it isn't a grind/burnout compared to say.. kuva for example.

I see it lacking a certain sustainability as I'm really not looking forward to anything new coming of it and maybe it's just that a few challenges rubbed me the wrong way and left me unsure of the direction or what they're trying to do but I can really see myself just despising this as it is now there are no changes. You spend a day dedicated to knocking out challenges back to back unless they are time sensitive and you have to wait for a day to pass like for a sortie challenge and all that but more and more Warframe is becoming a chore and I was ok with how it was but with nightwave I could see it being dangerously close to being where I tap out. Making me go through old content in some challenges is just the worst and forcing players to do things like bounties or mining on a map I'm pretty much done with doesn't make me like the game more it reminds me why I stopped doing that or grinded through it to have the luxury of never touching it again until now.

More than willing to admit some of this is just an overreaction but if a huge chunk of people start to feel the same way it's going to get weird and with that comes the realization that before an alert could pop up at random and I could jump into a quick little mission and get in and be done with it and now I'm doing all these random tasks just to get the same thing that I could be in and out and be back to what I actually have fun doing in the game. Just my thoughts since it hit hard for me today.

18 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

its a game about time walls that server nothing but making a content have longer life span by artificially doing it.

Wolf spawn rate and reward is proof it that.

all of the open world syndicate system that DE keep hiding every new frames behind is proof of it, this is not grind, this just getting less for your time.

if i want to craft something that require 7 netains and ive got non then will be grinding them from the sources i provided that give you 1 to 3% chance to get one is not a 'fun' grind but its actually there to goad you into using something else with was the alert at first and now its the nightwave.

and yes i can do research and i know when the netains where introduced and what for, and its been like this fro years with no change, no they actually changed something when they inject them into sabotage for 1% chance to obtain.

nightwave is a chore that will burn people out sooner than later, it limit your play time if you want to do something else other than its ''challenges'' and it force you into a play style or using a something like gliding or formoing even when you dont need to in the first place and they keep making more and more of this kind of challenges.

the beef i have here is DE limiting our choices, why remove alert system anyway ? how is it related to the battle pass system ? its its own thing and it should've been reworked or left alone atleast but they removed it anyway when nobody asked them to.

Ok thing is you have to realise their goals here and why this is tricky. So for years people complained about alerts being boring, pointless or both. DE's core concern however has been that the solar system doesn't get explored. Progression through the planets used to be a lot more linear forcing you to do each node. There's a reason DE made Arbitrations only available upon completing every node, they want you to explore the solar system.

This is why challenges like the silver grove, hydrolyst and profit taker exist in nightwave, they want you exploring, that's their aim, their goal and you need to realise that any changes they make are going to be trying to further this goal. It doesn't help when people complain about having to do these challenges, we'll probably be left next season with doing 3 of a mission type on a certain planet. 

Your average player doesn't explore anywhere except Hydron and doesn't know much about the game, they mindlessly level gear and jump into a 2 minute alert ignoring the level, get their reward and go back to mindlessly levelling gear. They want to change that and currently they're attempting that with the challenges. The more people complain the more likely we'll be left with what I mentioned above, a boring, vanilla challenge set. 

Odds are high one of their other strategies will be making Wolf of Saturn 6 a boss fight when the remodelled gas city jupiter is released in an update soon.

Edited by Zilchy

18 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

its a game about time walls that server nothing but making a content have longer life span by artificially doing it.

Wolf spawn rate and reward is proof it that.

all of the open world syndicate system that DE keep hiding every new frames behind is proof of it, this is not grind, this just getting less for your time.

if i want to craft something that require 7 netains and ive got non then will be grinding them from the sources i provided that give you 1 to 3% chance to get one is not a 'fun' grind but its actually there to goad you into using something else with was the alert at first and now its the nightwave.

and yes i can do research and i know when the netains where introduced and what for, and its been like this fro years with no change, no they actually changed something when they inject them into sabotage for 1% chance to obtain.

nightwave is a chore that will burn people out sooner than later, it limit your play time if you want to do something else other than its ''challenges'' and it force you into a play style or using a something like gliding or formoing even when you dont need to in the first place and they keep making more and more of this kind of challenges.

the beef i have here is DE limiting our choices, why remove alert system anyway ? how is it related to the battle pass system ? its its own thing and it should've been reworked or left alone atleast but they removed it anyway when nobody asked them to.

you have choices you either do them and get the reward or dont that is ur choice whether you like it or not buddy and thats how life works.

I happen to like nightwave. I like hardcore rewards and if u r creative u can trade for a lot of the things in the reward system. As for repetition. Welcome to gaming. That what gaming does it fools u into doing the same thing over and over. If it doesn't feel worth it u really shouldn't do it if u r not having fun. Then it's not worth it. I feel just playing and having fun with friends it doesn't feel like a grind. If it feels as bad as some people say...looters r not for everyone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

I happen to like nightwave. I like hardcore rewards and if u r creative u can trade for a lot of the things in the reward system. As for repetition. Welcome to gaming. That what gaming does it fools u into doing the same thing over and over. If it doesn't feel worth it u really shouldn't do it if u r not having fun. Then it's not worth it. I feel just playing and having fun with friends it doesn't feel like a grind. If it feels as bad as some people say...looters r not for everyone.

I agree that if someone isn't enjoying themselves, they should move on. There is no reason to play a game that you don't enjoy.

I enjoy lot of aspects of Warframe or I wouldn't play it. My frustration is that while the game is so fun and has a ton of potential, it's also handicapped by some bizarre and unnecessary design decisions. I want to like the game even more than I do now, but they are making that a challenge.

• Like 1