Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave feels boring now

Blaudari

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

but why are you meta complain about me complain lol ? and please read my comments from the start so you get a context from where i am coming from, i give the finger for the nightwave system, i can do 5x5 hydro run, i know every meta in this game, i know how to self rad, all methods, i know all the broken bugs that can be exploited and has been there for years underground, and all of this has jack to do with my problem with nightwave and why they removed the alert system.

DE already stated why they removed the alert system here > 

DE simply wants players to keep coming back to the game and actually play the game by putting rewards that will incentive players to do challenges.

Nightwave is just a rework of the alert system with more meaningful rewards and player choice of saving up wolf cred for a particular item instead of relying on RNG for example Vauban neuropathics rarely showed up for players to get. So DE intentions is giving player control over the specific rewards that they want instead of RNG which is extremely bad for players who have life duties.

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Awww. I'm bored though. 

You do have a point though. I did let it go too far, and I should have stopped it a long time ago. I'm sorry haha. 

Hey, I've been there, ask vets and mods alike.  😉

37 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

this game is a like Disneyland but with glitchy carousel, deflated castle, and broken train, and nightwave make you go all troughs it, hardly a pleasant experience.

If you don't like so many of the "rides" offered by Warframe, why are you still playing the game then? 

If your answer is because there's only a few select things you actually enjoy doing in the game, then how does Nightwave change any of that? Keep doing the things you enjoy, and add Nightwave to the list of ignored content you called "broken rides". 

27 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

dont worry the devs already made one, and it was doing 60mn survival with your friend even thought theres a chance for a host migration or nature call.

That's nonsense. Host migration happens mostly in public matches and if you're doing a 1h kuva survival as a public match then you're doing it wrong. It's either solo, with trusted friends or by carefully selecting a squad in recruit chat. As for nature call, lol, give me a break. What a lame excuse. Specially since there's a function to pause the game if you're playing solo. 

I agree 1h kuva survival without activating life support isn't super hard for someone who knows what he's doing, but it's still MUCH more of a challenge than most other stuff Nightwave threw at us, and not because of host migrations. At the very least it was a lot more engaging. 

40 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Pretty much this. 

I never found it compelling to begin with. It's something to do, I guess, but self-motivation in this game has never been an issue for me. I'd have never bothered with this at all except for the umbral forma.

I just got the UF today, so I'm really done as far as stuff I actually want. I'll finish it because a) I'm almost to rank 30 as it is, so b) why not? 

I won't be bothering anymore until the next season, however. That's assuming there is more UF in the rewards queue. The wolfbucks are a non-issue to me. Just about everything available I either already have or have in great numbers. 

The bottom line is it still feels like work. My main concern was the time investment to rank29, which turns out to be quite easily achieved, even skipping a fair number of challenges. On the other hand, many of the challenges you'll complete just playing or with minimal effort. That's to the good. I just don't like time limits in games and that's probably what bothers me most about it. 

Yeah, I skipped a handful of challenges due to timing, rig restrictions, and faction standing and I got my UF last night. 

It would be nice if the wolf credits were increased to maintain interest, or, if the challenges were augmented for playwrs who have hit tier 30. 

Originally I felt rewarded when completing the challenges in batches, gave me a nice sense of accomplishment just for doing it but, as things progressed, fewer and fewer challenges could be done concurrently and that's when the chore feeling set in. 

8 Bounties, 10 Nightmares, 5 Sorties?  Too much, even for the amount of free time I have.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

but why are you meta complain about me complain lol ? and please read my comments from the start so you get a context from where i am coming from, i give the finger for the nightwave system, i can do 5x5 hydro run, i know every meta in this game, i know how to self rad, all methods, i know all the broken bugs that can be exploited and has been there for years underground, and all of this has jack to do with my problem with nightwave and why they removed the alert system.

Hey, I ignored this part at first.... But my curiosity is piqued, and now I really want to know, how does someone "do a 5x5 hydro run"? 

I'm also mildly curious about a 1 month old account, that talks big, seems to be admitting to trolling, and hurling insults at everyone who disagrees. Can I ask you what your previous forum account's name was? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Hey, I ignored this part at first.... But my curiosity is piqued, and now I really want to know, how does someone "do a 5x5 hydro run"? 

I'm also mildly curious about a 1 month old account, that talks big, seems to be admitting to trolling, and hurling insults at everyone who disagrees. Can I ask you what your previous forum account's name was? 

5p says they use alts to protect their main account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Majestic-scrub said:

you're lying to your teeth my dear, alert was fair, it was design to be like this, its it own thing.

alert was for everybody, even the people who didnt have time, and keep in mind it was still flawed.

the answer i want to hear from you is for this question:

why did the devs remove the alert system when it have nothing in common with the chorewave design wise ? 

why the alert system was removed when it can 100% coexist with the chorewave system ? 

just because you call it lazy deos not make it true, you still need to do the mission to get the reard, ti was not handed to you in silver plat.

people complained about alert for its rng nature, before vabuan prime it was the only place to get him from, so yeah the complain was valid.

but i never heard anybody saying ''remove it' and be done with it ? never.

It's through your teeth and no alerts werent fair, they werent unfair either. They were just catering to lowbies that is all.

No they werent for everybody, they had jack and squat for vets or even players just a few months into the game. I started in october 2017 or so and I havent done alerts since the first 2 or 3 months of my playtime. I simply stopped because it was to much RNG. I got the auras I wanted and enough nitain at start along with some c/r's. after that I used ghoul bounties for nitain and invasions/GotL for c/r aswell as doing fissures, selling the parts and buying the c/r's that I needed.

Nightwave is far more interesting and I wish we had it when I started. It isnt perfect, it needs fixing and balancing to make it something equally attractive to new and old players. It is currently decent for old players thanks to the tier rewards and does an OK job for newbies with the offerings. However, they should balance the tasks so they are equally possible to complete for old and new players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, I skipped a handful of challenges due to timing, rig restrictions, and faction standing and I got my UF last night. 

It would be nice if the wolf credits were increased to maintain interest, or, if the challenges were augmented for playwrs who have hit tier 30. 

Originally I felt rewarded when completing the challenges in batches, gave me a nice sense of accomplishment just for doing it but, as things progressed, fewer and fewer challenges could be done concurrently and that's when the chore feeling set in. 

8 Bounties, 10 Nightmares, 5 Sorties?  Too much, even for the amount of free time I have.  

Congrats on getting through it in one piece. And I know what you mean about getting the challenges to synergise. For me I'd start the week off trying to link multiple challenges into a small number of missions. But then I'd be stuck with a few that just don't match up, and the time:standing ratio would suffer. 

I looked at the larger numbers as "opportunities to farm", which worked out nicely. Open 10 relics (which mated with run rescues, sabotage, capture etc) was an opportunity to farm forma and ducats. 10 nightmares, more mods to share with newbs. 5 sorties means ayatans and more rivens. Even the forma something challenge was something that I would happily have done anyway, I'm still adding more to things that I overlooked in the past, just because I can, being rewarded for it was icing on the cake for me. 

If any of these took too much time or effort for me personally, I'd have skipped it. We still have weeks worth of possible standing and not much worth in earning all of it. 

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

5p says they use alts to protect their main account. 

No bet, you've a guaranteed win. Think he realises that forums like these would generally track account IPs as well? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

oh we have a nitpicker, theres no fair and unfair in term of black and white, and i said that it was flawed didnt i ? so why not fix that ?

Dude, don't dig into him. Sneaky made a pretty good synopsis of the current topic, and a response like this... well, it's not making you look any better.

And, the title is "Nightwave feels Boring Now". So of course, people would react strangely when you speak about not giving a rat's ass about Nightwave, the thing that they came here to discuss.

I'll be fair: you've been under a lot of pressure from some people in this thread. But I mean, when you say things like this, it's not going to stop them. It'll do the opposite.

Back on topic, I don't mind nightwave that much, and alerts still exist in the form of GoTL alerts, so I'm cool with both.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Congrats on getting through it in one piece. And I know what you mean about getting the challenges to synergise. For me I'd start the week off trying to link multiple challenges into a small number of missions. But then I'd be stuck with a few that just don't match up, and the time:standing ratio would suffer. 

I looked at the larger numbers as "opportunities to farm", which worked out nicely. Open 10 relics (which mated with run rescues, sabotage, capture etc) was an opportunity to farm forma and ducats. 10 nightmares, more mods to share with newbs. 5 sorties means ayatans and more rivens. Even the forma something challenge was something that I would happily have done anyway, I'm still adding more to things that I overlooked in the past, just because I can, being rewarded for it was icing on the cake for me. 

If any of these took too much time or effort for me personally, I'd have skipped it. We still have weeks worth of possible standing and not much worth in earning all of it. 

Oh, there are benefits and ways of making the more tedious challenges work for you but, my laptop lags out on the open world's, so 8 Bounties is an all day chore, or by going public, I wind up leeching because I sinply can't keep up from the amount of lag I get. 

10 Nightmares is a chore because it's a one and done thing, then I have to check the star chart for another one.  ( I really want some kind if search bar for mission types and names btw) I did get my rescues and spys done while doing the nightmare missions but not easily and not in the time frame I enjoy. 

5 Sorties is annoying because I don't really enjoy doing them in the first place; lack luster wards and no feeling of achievement.  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No bet, you've a guaranteed win. Think he realises that forums like these would generally track account IPs as well? 

Nah, I doubt they put that much thought into breaking the rules.  If they had, they wouldn't have bothered in the first place and would be a high brow troll. 

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Get this through your head, VETS DIDN'T LIKE ALERTS.

I'm a vet and I liked alerts. I guess that means you actually don't speak for all of us.

This is addressed to all concerned...could you please stop hosing this thread down with testosterone and throwing mud all over the place? It's getting a bit disgusting in here.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

I'm a vet and I liked alerts. I guess that means you actually don't speak for all of us.

This is addressed to all concerned...could you please stop hosing this thread down with testosterone and throwing mud all over the place? It's getting a bit disgusting in here.

What if I'm not concerned but amused?; )

Well, I think 15 credit per rank for prestiging is pretty close to what you get during the season since you get 50 wolf credit every 3-4 ranks, so you get 45-60 cred for the same number of ranks while prestiging.

Bigger issue is that there isn't really anything to spend the creds on if you've been playing the game for a while. I have more than enough potatoes and nitain for a long time and there aren't that many cosmetics to buy that I've not gotten yet. When the initial nightwave reward structure was announced I suggested that they should add kuva for wolf cred since that is more of a evergreen reward for vets, may as well add endo as well, or maybe even allow resources to be purchased with the creds.  I mean, I guess I could just buy Auras but I don't really want to sell them and none of the people I currently play with really need them.

• Like 1

I made this post to make a discussion but seeing some comments who are trolls are not helping 😞 obviously this won't mean anything but I like to read the comments because some players are giving good ideas,Good Defense on why it might not change or good reasons that it should be changed a little bit I'm sorry to those dealing with these people.

2 hours ago, Majestic-scrub said:

5 runs of 3 hydrolist capture in one night, you seems to take the bait of 5x5, i know its 5x3 no sht, but this is where your heart is, nitpicking.

and ad hominem is all you get ? what does that have to do with anything i provided ? its pretty clear that the three of you have nothing to offer, whether this is an alt account or true account have nothing to do with our debate on why the alert system was removed and how is the nightwave doing so far.

What? No it's not an ad hominem at all. You made some claims that you're familiar with the game and all its bugs and exploits. That's highly unlikely for someone with one month and change in the game. Wouldn't the name of your main account let people verify if you are able to do things like hydrolyst captures, etc.? 

I mean, on the one hand, you're claiming to be intentionally baiting people in the thread, and on the other you expect us to take what you are saying at face value. The two don't really go together do they? 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, there are benefits and ways of making the more tedious challenges work for you but, my laptop lags out on the open world's, so 8 Bounties is an all day chore, or by going public, I wind up leeching because I sinply can't keep up from the amount of lag I get

10 Nightmares is a chore because it's a one and done thing, then I have to check the star chart for another one.  ( I really want some kind if search bar for mission types and names btw) I did get my rescues and spys done while doing the nightmare missions but not easily and not in the time frame I enjoy. 

5 Sorties is annoying because I don't really enjoy doing them in the first place; lack luster wards and no feeling of achievement.

Yeah I can understand about the free roam areas for people without the hardware to keep up. 

The only thing that bugs me in the nightmare and sorties is lack of ciphers. And the 5 sorties gave out a bunch of ayatans. Considering that empty statues were selling like hotcakes (asking price was above average for full ones) and Baro's big tennocon visit is soon so filled will be even more expensive for that... 😆

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Nah, I doubt they put that much thought into breaking the rules.  If they had, they wouldn't have bothered in the first place and would be a high brow troll. 

Probably. 

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

By "liked" do you mean that you would say that you would typically do more than say 75% of all the ones that ran when you were logged in? And if so, would you suggest that say 75% of all vets would say the same, or are you... you know,... just speaking for yourself? Because I somehow figure that part of the change to nightwave was the result of some sort of emperical data showing how much of the community would typically participate in an alert. 

I mean look at how common it is for people at rank 30 to say that they're going to bail on the rest of the event, even though we can get "typically-for-pay" items for wolf creds. 

Hi! I love you all, you're just decent folk debating the issues (and a few less-than-stellar trolls awkwardly shoved in, it's not their fault, they're just confused). 

Nightwave used to have challenges that people needed help with. It WAS at a point where a message in clan chat would be 'Hey, can I get some people to help me with a 1hr survival'? Ofcourse, people without basic social skills chimed in on the forums with 'Hey, I don't have friends, please remove the (I'm gonna say 'harder' here in lieu of a better phrasing) harder challenges so I can go back to playing solo' not fully understanding that this game has social aspects for a reason, or better yet, not understanding the idea behind promoting team play.

Now, as DE pulled a Planetside 2 (Props if you get the reference) and listened a little too much to that side of the community, the 'compromise' was just to remove those types of challenges entirely. Now we're here. Challenges are simplistic and uninspired, the forums are abuzz with these kind of posts and the only thing to really do is wonder why they listened to the other side of the debates and acted as quickly as they did and made this happen.

Prestige ranks by all rights shouldn't offer anything unique but in true battlepass fashion SHOULD offer something a little more worthwhile than expirable credits for items you probably have no use for. Kuva, Rivens, Endo, Forma make it atleast a little worthwhile. Please.

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah I can understand about the free roam areas for people without the hardware to keep up. 

The only thing that bugs me in the nightmare and sorties is lack of ciphers. And the 5 sorties gave out a bunch of ayatans. Considering that empty statues were selling like hotcakes (asking price was above average for full ones) and Baro's big tennocon visit is soon so filled will be even more expensive for that... 😆

I'm drowning in Boosters and Rivens tbh.  Would love some statues so I could make some plat off them, even if it's in small amounts.  (probably safer, considering how DE deals with bad plat)

16 hours ago, Gruiz said:

That's what we get after people complaining of different things.

Capture hydrolyst, Complained

Silver groove scepter, Complained

Slightly hard quest, complained

Then we got easy one that people can done it while playing normally, Complained

Wtf you guys want?

Everything handed on sliver platter apparently 

5 minutes ago, Toppien said:

I haven't reached max rank, i'm at rank 24, but I agree, they should give you at least large quantities of kuva which is the most valuable end game resource right now.

I think we got 2 to 3 more weeks of this season so i know you can make it to Rank 30 🙂 I think each week gives about 3-4 tiers. (from what I counted up) I personally don't care for kuva only because it's rare for me to even get my hands on a riven without buying it from other players I wouldn't even mind receiving forma from prestige 1 and up as I could possibly use that to forma my gear,use it for my dojo or just save em for Nightwave challenges.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Everything handed on sliver platter apparently 

If that's your takeaway from the numerous posts on this issue then you missed the point entirely.

Nightwave is heavily flawed. It has various problems that affect players at every level. It was a nice first attempt but it relied far too much on a battle pass system, which is not a great fit for an already grindy game.

• Like 1