Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Forma issue with very easy fix

ZiKi1705

Aura forma has very low drop chance (1.5%~2.5%) for its build requirements (100Kcreds, 1Argon, 4Forma, 10Nitain). I kinda get it. Limited amount of frames makes this a short term investment.
But there is a way to grind these AND make them useful OUTSIDE frames.

First: Name change - OMEGA FORMA instead of Aura forma... much more cooler 😛
Second: Abysmal drop rate changed for cost at arbitration market dude. 10-15 Vitus essence for one Blueprint should be good enough but price at the moment doesn't matter. Drop location does.
Third: Small change to build requirements (100Kcreds, 1Argon, 3Forma, 5Nitain) mainly because there's a 3Forma bundle and 5Nitain bundle.
Fourth and MOST IMPORTANT: Allow usage on MELEE STANCE slots. That way you will FOR SURE have players grinding arbitration to get AS MUCH we can.

What do you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZYKY1705 said:

What do you think?

Eh.

Like any straight buff with absolutely no downside, it is hard for us players to argue against it.

But by the same token, it is hard to convince DE, for your argument just boils down to "give us a straight buff with absolutely no downside" and it's not very convincing for them.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Eh.

Like any straight buff with absolutely no downside, it is hard for us players to argue against it.

But by the same token, it is hard to convince DE, for your argument just boils down to "give us a straight buff with absolutely no downside" and it's not very convincing for them.

tbh was this forma even asked for by the community?

il y a une heure, (PS4)chibitonka a dit :

Especially when forma is constantly in demand for older players.

Everyone needs formas. Oldest players can definitely buy formas with plat though and waiting for 4 days to craft an aura you won't necessarily need on all frames isn't what i'd call an issue.

1 hour ago, 000l000 said:

Everyone needs formas. Oldest players can definitely buy formas with plat though and waiting for 4 days to craft an aura you won't necessarily need on all frames isn't what i'd call an issue.

and saying throw plat at it for 4 forma instead of letting ppl just buy it outright makes sense how? 

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

il y a 26 minutes, (PS4)chibitonka a dit :

and saying throw plat at it for 4 forma instead of letting ppl just buy it outright makes sense how? 

What doesn't make sense is to complain about having to wait 4 days to craft one rare aura mod, as well as complaining about everything all day long for any random reasons. Buying wit plat is always the laziest option, sure it's an option but getting 4 formas is something every single player is able to achieve and i still don't get why this thread is even a thing except from an upteenth riot when you have to actually play the game to get what you need - which is the definition of any game. I don't think that people still would have fun playing chess if paying for winning would be an option.

But hey, who am i to speak about nonsense on a nonsensical thread.

3 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

What doesn't make sense is to complain about having to wait 4 days to craft one rare aura mod, as well as complaining about everything all day long for any random reasons. Buying wit plat is always the laziest option, sure it's an option but getting 4 formas is something every single player is able to achieve and i still don't get why this thread is even a thing except from an upteenth riot when you have to actually play the game to get what you need - which is the definition of any game. I don't think that people still would have fun playing chess if paying for winning would be an option.

But hey, who am i to speak about nonsense on a nonsensical thread.

true the whole thing itself is nonsense. We can buy tomatoes that take 2 forma for the same price as one forma which is nonsense in itself. Then again they could just do away with the market and make the whole argument moot. 

Boy grinding for that sounds great, if only arbs weren't a hot mess to begin with o.e

il y a 15 minutes, (PS4)chibitonka a dit :

true the whole thing itself is nonsense. We can buy tomatoes that take 2 forma for the same price as one forma which is nonsense in itself. Then again they could just do away with the market and make the whole argument moot. 

Boy grinding for that sounds great, if only arbs weren't a hot mess to begin with o.e

I wouldn't compare Aura mods to Exilus though, one is a pain to get since it's only some random loot with really low chance, the other can be basically bought for free or at low cost since you only need to buy it from Simaris. Being both mods slot isn't enough to state they should be treated the same way.

One needs to be careful when he's comparing stuff, it's a double-edged argument.

14 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

I wouldn't compare Aura mods to Exilus though, one is a pain to get since it's only some random loot with really low chance, the other can be basically bought for free or at low cost since you only need to buy it from Simaris. Being both mods slot isn't enough to state they should be treated the same way.

One needs to be careful when he's comparing stuff, it's a double-edged argument.

ah i'm not comparing them for that bit. Comparing them for the fact they both cost more than 1 forma to build xD Forma is precious after all 

6 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

could just make it so you can buy the aura forma from market. 

So the solution to this "issue" is playing the game less? 

I feel the drop rate is fine. We have almost 40 unique Warframes. You don't need this Forma on all of them, and you aren't supposed to get 40 in a few days. It's expensive because of what it does, and it's rare because of what it does. I don't think it needs any changes at all.

I like how you all act high and mighty like i asked for "buffs". 
I asked for Less random grind and more stable stuff. From being 2% to costing Vitus essence. Actual cost doesn't matter at all.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

So the solution to this "issue" is playing the game less? 

I feel the drop rate is fine. We have almost 40 unique Warframes. You don't need this Forma on all of them, and you aren't supposed to get 40 in a few days. It's expensive because of what it does, and it's rare because of what it does. I don't think it needs any changes at all.

But this! Playing game or game mode less is not the idea. this fix this but enabling aura forma to be used on melee stances. You cannot say that is OP or a buff. Its just a quality of life thing. I sometimes like to swap stances but some have different polarities and cant use them since i have to reforma the slot. 

Build cost can stay the way it is that doesnt really matter as well.

Most important is Drop location and uses. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

ah i'm not comparing them for that bit. Comparing them for the fact they both cost more than 1 forma to build xD Forma is precious after all 

Comparing them in that regard isn't very effective either, they vary in farming cost regardless of their build requirements, aura forma is meant to be much rarer than exilus adapters.

Normal forma are not "precious", by the time you actually NEED them it's trivial to get their BPs from relics. I currently have 8 built and 10+ BPs ready to go.

11 hours ago, AndyBeans said:

Comparing them in that regard isn't very effective either, they vary in farming cost regardless of their build requirements, aura forma is meant to be much rarer than exilus adapters.

Normal forma are not "precious", by the time you actually NEED them it's trivial to get their BPs from relics. I currently have 8 built and 10+ BPs ready to go.

lol that's cute considering most players can eat 30 in a day. Oldies anyway unless they formad everything. 

18 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Eh.

Buff? What buff? It's just versatility and convenience, zero increase in actual power. That's not a buff, that's QoL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Buff? What buff? It's just versatility and convenience, zero increase in actual power. That's not a buff, that's QoL.

Cutting the price almost in half while increasing the functionality is not a buff?

Suit yourself. If you think that you can blind DE by saying "heyy, it's just a QoL", then... eh... good luck.

Second day and I have two (well BP's anyway).  The drop chance, given that its on every rotation, and increases, is reasonable.  I've been through my builds multiple times trying to find realistic uses and they are few and far between. Once you have a couple, it will be like getting nanospores as a reward - useless and people will complain they are too common a drop for such a useless item.

4 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Cutting the price almost in half while increasing the functionality is not a buff?

Suit yourself. If you think that you can blind DE by saying "heyy, it's just a QoL", then... eh... good luck.

Given that the functionality is just convenience in the first place, and decreasing the price just makes that convenience more accessible, no, it's not a buff. Like I said, it doesn't make the player more powerful in any way. It's a very simple concept.

At the moment I'm over this horrible drop chance...

The auras we have aren't that great to warrant such a chore...It's not like they are selling it and the free portion is cutting into those sales...And contrary to the "I'll just get one and I'm done" argument I see from time to time on this subject...I actually want one for each prime..so I'll at for this while...which is the point..but all its doing is making me wish for another game to be interested in...

The part that grates is forcing players over and over into arbitration for failure is awful since in a year they'll be handing them out like candy on halloween... The cost of making it isn't an issue..I would just like one to make already...

They are just lucky no other game in this genera is out there eating their lunch currently...