Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions for Free cosmetics

(PSN)Rodryke123

#Warframe needs to make cosmetics free

Lately Veterans have been leaving warframe because of the lack of consistency with content concepts, the game needs some editions with the fashion frame endgame motif and also to make it easy for beginners and professionals, warframe should add a new tool that can be used in any mission type that finds random cosmetics (specifically armor pieces and skins for warframes,weapons, sentinels,kubrow,etc)  around the star chart, this way veterans can expand on their gaming experiences and to randomly help players that are stuck in a certain mission at the same time, displayed mechanical cases should now be interactive and there should be 20 or so of them per mission and if a player has the tool* to open them, a random skin or armor piece should be collected,  the chance is of course higher in harder missions and its the sort of fortnite expansion to warframe. This can not necessarily be implemented to already existing missions or mission types, but it should be just so that veterans can sorta give a helping hand in addition to relic farming , inventory parts or resources. Cosmetics are an interest to players so if its available in every planet in every node, it can be varied dependant on which cosmetic its based on. Also cosmetic drops should be tripled if there is a player using a cosmetic booster which boosts the cosmetic drop rate for only those with the tool*. There should be an icon for players with that specific tool and its booster. obviously the blueprint for it cannot be traded,and it should be obtained from reaching maximum standing for ANY syndicate, since standing can be used to BUY those cosmetics. players that dont have the tool cannot pick up the cosmetic drop* if its dropped by someone else, with this, veterans doing fashion-frame can grind for their accessories while helping out the noobs anywhere, 4ever.

54 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

You just want everything given to you don't you?  Once you get into trade basically everything is free anyway.

No, i want players to enjoy playing this game, and i know im being a bit greedy but trust me i spent 200 quid on this game and theres so much more i wanna get, btw, what I want is to obtain SOME things, not the rarest or the most expensive or the deluxe ones. just the standard cosmetics u would expect a mastery rank 10 player to have. and there is WAY too many anyway, and most of them cost a lot, even if i trade, lots more to go, honestly, count how many syandanas, helmets, armor pieces etc there are, no one even bothers buying it, so for the least, at least 1 cosmetic of each type (skin,helmet,armor,colour pallete,etc) for each node ,and times that by 15 since theres 15 planets in the star chart and times 15 again for each node per planet, so 225 cosmetics overall, if u think this is some SCAM of items, u can check market and count all the cosmetic categories and how many there are for each one, more than double. 

Edited by (PS4)Rodryke123
Short-Time Memory Loss

28 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You know what? Players are leaving constantly. And new players are joining constantly.
That's just how things work.

yh i know, but veterans are more important (no offense), players can solo as much as they want, if they are not pros, they need to BUY stuff AND play with veterans to BECOME a veteran, u know the drill. Or just watch videos. 

Just now, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

yh i know, but veterans are more important (no offense), players can solo as much as they want, if they are not pros, they need to BUY stuff AND play with veterans to BECOME a veteran, u know the drill. Or just watch videos. 

How about no?

Who cares about these "vets"? What even defines a "vet"? What's important is that people stay for more than just one week. That's all there is to it.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

How about no?

Who cares about these "vets"? What even defines a "vet"? What's important is that people stay for more than just one week. That's all there is to it.

well ur not wrong, but it took me a month to learn everything about the game, and some (vets) saved my life

veterans are not leaving because the cosmetics aren't free...most veterans can trade for anything they want in game so....

Sounds more like the OP wants everything for free which would be stupid as cosmetics (even though I do wish DE would do more themselves instead of relying on tennogen) are one of their main sources of income for the game.

My mate... It just be like that. You may ask them to tone down the grind, to provide more interesting content, to provide farmable cosmetic alternatives to the purchaseable ones, to sweeten the deals by adding timed discounts and pack options, etc. But we must always remember that it's still a business  in the end, and people gotta eat and be happy with their jobs. And that DE is far from being as greedy and scummy as other companies that make more short-term profits than DE due to their lack of morals.

Besides we already have many farmable cosmetics, I dare even say better versions than the ones at the store. Look at Baro's prisma armors and items, the skins we get from time to time, etc. And in the end, pretty much everything (and on consoles this even includes tennogen) is farmable by just farming plat. 

On vets, as a vet myself, they are far from being the most important. They are important and have some influence, true. But new players are the priority. There's only so much you can do to appease to the old and bored player that has become so obsessed he thinks the game should expand as he personally sees it. A good veteran suggests how he thinks it should be done, but without demanding and leaving the game if DE doesn't do it. A good veteran knows DE needs to think about the consequences of every change for everyone, and weight the pros and cons from a business perspective. Same for everyone. It's a game, none of us have a gun pointed to our heads (that I know of), and we all must accept that the game is always prone to big changes that might affect entire groups of players.

Anyway, I guess you mean nothing bad by this suggestion, but it is what it is. Cheers!

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

veterans are not leaving because the cosmetics aren't free...most veterans can trade for anything they want in game so....

Sounds more like the OP wants everything for free which would be stupid as cosmetics (even though I do wish DE would do more themselves instead of relying on tennogen) are one of their main sources of income for the game.

yh but at the end of the day, when the game becomes history, all the money and time used will be for nothing right? cosmetics are in the market yh i know, but players wont bother playing the game if they realise, other players have the cool stuff OP or not and would already suggest why there is so much stock in the game that almost no one buys, and vets are leaving instead of OFFERING those beginners with the loot, unless cosmetics are free, im saying this gamewise, 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

My mate... It just be like that. You may ask them to tone down the grind, to provide more interesting content, to provide farmable cosmetic alternatives to the purchaseable ones, to sweeten the deals by adding timed discounts and pack options, etc. But we must always remember that it's still a business  in the end, and people gotta eat and be happy with their jobs. And that DE is far from being as greedy and scummy as other companies that make more short-term profits than DE due to their lack of morals.

Besides we already have many farmable cosmetics, I dare even say better versions than the ones at the store. Look at Baro's prisma armors and items, the skins we get from time to time, etc. And in the end, pretty much everything (and on consoles this even includes tennogen) is farmable by just farming plat. Anyway, I guess you mean nothing bad by this suggestion, but it is what it is. Cheers!

we have way too many cosmetics that no one even bothers purchasing, and the obtainable ones are free for a reason, they arent as good as the ones that u need PLAT for, and that is what causes the majority of players to be behind, u know, phobos, eris or uranus, those hardy ones where no more squads show up.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What even defines a "vet"?

I would say a Vet is someone who has been playing since around U14-15 and has 1,500 hours or more in-game.  Without that history (U14-15) people are either just experienced if they have a lot of hours, or are just old players if they have the history but no deep experience.  To be a Warframe Veteran means that you've been through most of it.  This is of course without any qualifiers such as saying someone is a Gradivus Dilemma Veteran meaning they just went through that event.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

yh i know, but veterans are more important (no offense)

They're really not.  May I ask why you think a Vet (of which I am one) is more important than someone relatively new, or even just an experienced player?  The way I see it is that they need each other and if one group is catered to more than another then that other group will leave.  This would result in either a game that is geared to vets and really hard to get into for new players meaning the playerbase never grows, or a game that is so simplistic and disposable that barely anyone will invest into it whether that be time or money.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

we have way too many cosmetics that no one even bothers purchasing, 

Well, I guess there are 2 sides to a coin. I'll say here that many might not bother purchasing because they already have free ones. I mean, there's a reason as to why we say Fashionframe is endgame, even if mostly as a joke. It means "don't spend plat on cosmetics until you no longer need to prioritize essential stuff such as slots", which tends to be most of your journey as a player. Nowadays I have a lot more cosmetics than I ever wished, all my frames look rad (according to me ofc) and I'm quite happy dashing trough the crowds killing while being gorgeous 100% of the time. But it took me a long time to achieve that feel, since I had to make do with my squishy and scrawny Loki most of my journey at the beginning. Lame colors drawn from the sample colors from the only pallete you start in the game. No armor, no syandana, no sentinel accessories, etc. Just my Loki in his default skin as his lame colors. Which was fine. Now I struggle to choose which cosmetic and which color combination should I use on my many frames, and god is it daunting to change most of them everytime a new cosmetic shows up. Being gorgeous takes massive effort! 👸

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

they arent as good as the ones that u need PLAT

Well, as I implied above that can be very relative. I mean, it's mostly a matter of taste. But while you're partially right I assume most of the prisma armors are generally better than the regular versions on the market. Then there's the Tennogen items, which I believe cannot be made available for farm even if a new version could be created. Because that could draw profits from the actual creators of them, or so I believe because I'm not 100% sure on this one. It just makes sense to me. Also, still on the Tennogen part, it's much easier to find items that are much prettier than the other ones. Either because they tend to be rarer and therefore more desirable, or because it's a player generated thing so there's much more freedom in regards to variety, or even because some of the Tennogen stuff derive mostly from a joint effort between the community and creators. Which tends to create products that are tailor-made for our tastes since we players get to see what creators share with us from the drawing phase, up to the final effects and what we believe would make "that" item even better.

At least that's my take on it, but everything is a matter of opinion in the end, and there might be more factors that could weight in on this.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

yh but at the end of the day, when the game becomes history, all the money and time used will be for nothing right? cosmetics are in the market yh i know, but players wont bother playing the game if they realise, other players have the cool stuff OP or not and would already suggest why there is so much stock in the game that almost no one buys, and vets are leaving instead of OFFERING those beginners with the loot, unless cosmetics are free, im saying this gamewise, 

You're deluded and need to get a grip of the realities of f2p gaming economies..

its alredy kinda a thing, they called relics, you know, you open them and just sell them and buy cosmetics with it

oh also im 100% sure DE does give away a lot of free cosmetics aswell, in form of missions, events, or baroo, so asking for more is nothing but being greedy, its a f2p game, you alredy can do much, much more in it than a lot of other game, the only thing you cannot obtain without paying is tennogen (except on consoles) and prime access

DE has to make money somehow, and dont forget that you can buy 4k plat with a 75% off for 50$ which is pretty much enough to get everything you want, unless youre planning to buy like a god tier riven, but if you do that, thats on you

23 hours ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

#Warframe needs to make cosmetics free

Lately Veterans have been leaving warframe because of the lack of consistency with content concepts, the game needs some editions with the fashion frame endgame motif and also to make it easy for beginners and professionals, warframe should add a new tool that can be used in any mission type that finds random cosmetics (specifically armor pieces and skins for warframes,weapons, sentinels,kubrow,etc)  around the star chart, this way veterans can expand on their gaming experiences and to randomly help players that are stuck in a certain mission at the same time, displayed mechanical cases should now be interactive and there should be 20 or so of them per mission and if a player has the tool* to open them, a random skin or armor piece should be collected,  the chance is of course higher in harder missions and its the sort of fortnite expansion to warframe. This can not necessarily be implemented to already existing missions or mission types, but it should be just so that veterans can sorta give a helping hand in addition to relic farming , inventory parts or resources. Cosmetics are an interest to players so if its available in every planet in every node, it can be varied dependant on which cosmetic its based on. Also cosmetic drops should be tripled if there is a player using a cosmetic booster which boosts the cosmetic drop rate for only those with the tool*. There should be an icon for players with that specific tool and its booster. obviously the blueprint for it cannot be traded,and it should be obtained from reaching maximum standing for ANY syndicate, since standing can be used to BUY those cosmetics. players that dont have the tool cannot pick up the cosmetic drop* if its dropped by someone else, with this, veterans doing fashion-frame can grind for their accessories while helping out the noobs anywhere, 4ever.

Did not read other posts...just chiming in to say, DE recently did this as gifts of the Lotus...I want to say two weeks ago on PS4

22 hours ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

I would actually suspect that Veterans are Less Important in terms of DE's Profit.

veteran players are less likely to Buy Plat with Real Money; because they have the in-game resources to leverage Trades and skim plat off Newer Players instead.

likely its the new and intermediate players who do the most Real Money Conversions.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

6 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I would actually suspect that Veterans are Less Important in terms of DE's Profit.

veteran players are less likely to Buy Plat with Real Money; because they have the in-game resources to leverage Trades and skim plat off Newer Players instead.

likely its the new and intermediate players who do the most Real Money Conversions.

yes, and 3 months later, VETS

On 2019-05-20 at 1:23 PM, LSG501 said:

You're deluded and need to get a grip of the realities of f2p gaming economies..

i dont think so, and this IS reality im talking about here, unless u think warframe isnt a good game to even be REAL that is, what i want is a year worth of playing proportionate to a year worth of cosmetics, thats MY reality here, not the perspective on the (economy)

On 2019-05-20 at 1:16 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, I guess there are 2 sides to a coin. I'll say here that many might not bother purchasing because they already have free ones. I mean, there's a reason as to why we say Fashionframe is endgame, even if mostly as a joke. It means "don't spend plat on cosmetics until you no longer need to prioritize essential stuff such as slots", which tends to be most of your journey as a player. Nowadays I have a lot more cosmetics than I ever wished, all my frames look rad (according to me ofc) and I'm quite happy dashing trough the crowds killing while being gorgeous 100% of the time. But it took me a long time to achieve that feel, since I had to make do with my squishy and scrawny Loki most of my journey at the beginning. Lame colors drawn from the sample colors from the only pallete you start in the game. No armor, no syandana, no sentinel accessories, etc. Just my Loki in his default skin as his lame colors. Which was fine. Now I struggle to choose which cosmetic and which color combination should I use on my many frames, and god is it daunting to change most of them everytime a new cosmetic shows up. Being gorgeous takes massive effort! 👸

Well, as I implied above that can be very relative. I mean, it's mostly a matter of taste. But while you're partially right I assume most of the prisma armors are generally better than the regular versions on the market. Then there's the Tennogen items, which I believe cannot be made available for farm even if a new version could be created. Because that could draw profits from the actual creators of them, or so I believe because I'm not 100% sure on this one. It just makes sense to me. Also, still on the Tennogen part, it's much easier to find items that are much prettier than the other ones. Either because they tend to be rarer and therefore more desirable, or because it's a player generated thing so there's much more freedom in regards to variety, or even because some of the Tennogen stuff derive mostly from a joint effort between the community and creators. Which tends to create products that are tailor-made for our tastes since we players get to see what creators share with us from the drawing phase, up to the final effects and what we believe would make "that" item even better.

At least that's my take on it, but everything is a matter of opinion in the end, and there might be more factors that could weight in on this.

*D u read through my mind, well, i (personally) also have a lot of em and wanted much more, one per each category per frame, i have like 10 fashion frames*, and i do think its good to make ur frame phenomenal by hard work

On 2019-05-20 at 1:13 PM, Jiminez_Burial said:

I would say a Vet is someone who has been playing since around U14-15 and has 1,500 hours or more in-game.  Without that history (U14-15) people are either just experienced if they have a lot of hours, or are just old players if they have the history but no deep experience.  To be a Warframe Veteran means that you've been through most of it.  This is of course without any qualifiers such as saying someone is a Gradivus Dilemma Veteran meaning they just went through that event.

They're really not.  May I ask why you think a Vet (of which I am one) is more important than someone relatively new, or even just an experienced player?  The way I see it is that they need each other and if one group is catered to more than another then that other group will leave.  This would result in either a game that is geared to vets and really hard to get into for new players meaning the playerbase never grows, or a game that is so simplistic and disposable that barely anyone will invest into it whether that be time or money.

well, warframe does have a wiki and other resources to help players improve, and when they do AND invest their money and time largely, they start to adapt and learn the new WAY to be a vet, and yes, its hardcore for players sometimes but the game does have ups and downs, so what im meaning to say is that theres a time and a place for everyone, for games. and the playerbase DOES grow if the progress and inteligence and hardwork is there, proficiently. if u play like a vet , u play like a hero, (which i am too), finished the game, all planet nodes, all quests, everything. really

2 hours ago, (PS4)Rodryke123 said:

i dont think so, and this IS reality im talking about here, unless u think warframe isnt a good game to even be REAL that is, what i want is a year worth of playing proportionate to a year worth of cosmetics, thats MY reality here, not the perspective on the (economy)

Yes you are deluded... you want to take away the one item that people PAY FOR in a free to play game.  You know what happens when people don't pay into the game, it closes down.  As I said you're deluded, I'd use a different word but that would get me told off in all honesty.