Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People using the same warframe all the time

Meraki_h4ashes

People are allowed to play what they want and you have no say in the matter. I as a veteran of the game stick to mostly what is most efficient and gets me through the content as quickly as possible which is my right to do since I have earned everything I have one way or another. Buffing and Nerfing frames stats based off of usage would just make everyone mad especially is it was for a reason as trivial as your suggesting. And why would people use support frames in a meta where you can do most the tasks of a support frame good enough with your operator and arcane's while keeping the damage output of a Sayrn or Mesa... It is simply the logical choice unless you just want to do something goofy for the fun of it for the fun of it as a veteran or even moderately killed player. Also most the new frames coming out have just plain sucked so why would an established player stick to those when the older stuff is better? If you don't like the meta your not forced to play it and can play however you want, but don't try to control what other people play either.

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

something that pisses me off

People have freedom of choice, they choose to play a certain warframe most of the time, it's not your right to dictate or be pissed off at their personal choice in a public mission.

18 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

You should create something like a warframe disposition to buff and Nerf the warframe like every month or every 3 month, it will push people to try and use and masters some new warframe, it will push people to discover some new ways to play but more than that, it will make everyone's game more interesting.

That is simply a terrible idea. Rivens and dispositions were a mistake, and your idea is to implement an even worse version of that on some arbitrary rotation. Push people? What's the gain in forcing people to play a warframe they don't like and taking away their freedom?

20 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

People are only using the new warframe to get some Mastery rank xp and they will never use it again... Baruuk was released in December and already nobody uses it, which is a shame since he is so different and interesting to play. 

Again, that's your opinion. You find him interesting to play, others don't. That's the point of freedom of choice.

• Like 9

Citation

Also most the new frames coming out have just plain sucked so why would an established player stick to those when the older stuff is better

Mmmh duh... exactly, the old stuff is too powerfull, by nerfing it and by buffing the new, you will be able to find a new "most efficient way" through the new frames.

Edited by gabriouchka

What i don't understand, is that rather than fixing and making the new stuff better, you'd rather ignore the new and play the old ? Then why is DE still making new frames. That's not how you do a good game. Ignoring what's wrong will never fix anything. You want to play one of the nerfed frames is your choice, i'm sure that you still play some of your favorite weapons no matter the riven disposition... but buffing the new will maybe push you to use new frames that will be better and reworked. 

And I'm definitely not agreeing with you, the riven disposition is the best thing they ever did for the rivens

And I'm not talking about forcing anyone to do anything, I'm talking about nerfing some frames who are way too good and should be nerfed, like some nuke frames like saryn and volt or mesa who litterally have one of the most hardcore aimbot i have even seen in my life.

Edited by gabriouchka

2 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

What i don't understand, is that rather than fixing and making the new stuff better, you'd rather ignore the new and play the old ? Then why is DE still making new frames. That's not how you do a good game. Ignoring what's wrong will never fix anything. You want to play one of the nerfed frames is your choice, i'm sure that you still play some of your favorite weapons no matter the riven disposition... but buffing the new will maybe push you to use new frames that will be better and reworked. 

And I'm definitely not agreeing with you, the riven disposition is the best they ever did for the rivens

And I'm not talking about forcing anyone to do anything, I'm talking about nerfing some frames who are way too good and should be nerfed

Rather then nerfing what is perfectly balanced why not buff the things that are lacking? A buff does not always have to come with a nerf to something else. Not all kits are created equal but the solution is not to bring what is good down. Look at what they did to ember, they "Buffed" her in ways that make little to no difference and nerfed her in such a way that no one plays her anymore. If they made the newer frames better then they are now that alone would be enough for me to pick them up and try them out again but they need stand out features that make them a valuable asset instead of just being "Fun". I'm all for riven disposition being changed but Warframe stats need to stay as is and if a frame has a powerful synergistic kit that needs to remain as well because it is just how the frame plays.

• Like 2

Perfectly balanced ? Mmmh doubt ? You can't talk about perfectly balanced when in your next sentences you talk about buff... no, the game isn't perfectly balanced, far from that... if it was, i wouldn't be here talking about buffing and nerfing and you wouldn't be there saying to me that boycotting the new stuff is normal... The problem isn't the new warframe, it's old one who are way too buffed... I'm sorry but having a frame like saryn who just need you to spam 1 and 4 to kill everything on the map isn't normal.

Why people are using saryn in a level 15 defence, it's just not fun seeing someone stay on the middle of the map spamming is 4 and doing nothing else

Edited by gabriouchka
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

but there is something that pisses me off.

So, we should change what we like to suit you? Why should people play frames they hate/find incredibly boring because you want to see more variety? Your whole idea seems to centre on people only using frames because of their abilities, I use frames because of their appearance most of the time. 

Why should DE implement this suggestion? I see no benefit in it for them. All it will do is create a substantial amount of complaints. 

8 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

I'm sorry but having a frame like saryn who just need you to spam 1 and 4 to kill everything on the map isn't normal

Yes, it is. In Warframe we have always had frames that can do this.

il y a 6 minutes, krc473 a dit :

So, we should change what we like to suit you? Why should people play frames they hate/find incredibly boring because you want to see more variety? Your whole idea seems to centre on people only using frames because of their abilities, I use frames because of their appearance most of the time. 

Why should DE implement this suggestion? I see no benefit in it for them. All it will do is create a substantial amount of complaints. 

Yes, it is. In Warframe we have always had frames that can do this.

It's not about suiting my need... it's about making the game a better place for everyone, i'm not the only one thinking that way.

Warframe always had that in the game so it makes it good ? Or interesting ? Or not game breaking ? 

Do i really need to tell you that what's normal isn't always right ? 

Bethesda always had bugs, so is it normal for all future to game to not fix the bugs ? Since it was always there ? 

Edited by gabriouchka
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gabriouchka said:

Do i really need to tell you that what's normal isn't always right ? 

Neither of us ever said it was right. I just said it’s normal.

It's not about suiting my need... it's about making the game a better place for everyone, i'm not the only one thinking that way

Your OP does not convey this well. Your choice of language focuses more on how you think it’s so terrible. Not on others already agreeing with you. We must disagree in what a better place is. I doubt annoying the vast majority of players every three months is going to improve the game at all. I haven’t seen you consider this even once. How did you think people will react? Did you think people would like this?

• Your suggestion would probably put me off buying any frames, yes that includes primes. I have no interest in spending money on something that might be totally useless in three months.

We have lots of frames to allow choice. People use all kinds of frames. It’s about what you like. Yes, some are better for certain nodes than others. But if you stay on ESO then you’re not going to see variation. Run other nodes, I ran relics and got new frames almost every time someone left. New people joined playing the frames they liked.

• Like 2

il y a 1 minute, krc473 a dit :

Neither of us ever said it was right. I just said it’s normal.

Your OP does not convey this well. Your choice of language focuses more on how you think it’s so terrible. Not on others already agreeing with you. We must disagree in what a better place is. I doubt annoying the vast majority of players every three months is going to improve the game at all. I haven’t seen you consider this even once. How did you think people will react? Did you think people would like this?

• Your suggestion would probably put me off buying any frames, yes that includes primes. I have no interest in spending money on something that might be totally useless in three months.

We have lots of frames to allow choice. People use all kinds of frames. It’s about what you like. Yes, some are better for certain nodes than others. But if you stay on ESO then you’re not going to see variation. Run other nodes, I ran relics and got new frames almost every time someone left. New people joined playing the frames they liked.

Well yeah i'm talking for myself, i'm not gonna put words on others people mouth, and of course people will probably not be happy, but having only rhino, volt, saryn, mesa, chroma, excalibur umbra, nova being used when there is literally 40 warframes in the game  is just ridicule 

1 minute ago, gabriouchka said:

Well yeah i'm talking for myself, i'm not gonna put words on others people mouth, and of course people will probably not be happy, but having only rhino, volt, saryn, mesa, chroma, excalibur umbra, nova being used when there is literally 40 warframes in the game  is just ridicule 

Confirm

I don't see how shifting stats is going to make new frames more appealing. From what I have seen, a big reason people don't play them that much is because their kit is not interesting. And I guess that falls under personal opinion, so why not just let people play what they want? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

Here is the problem with what you are suggesting: it won’t work. It’s that simple. You have completely neglected the reasons people don’t use frames. Simply buffing the unused frames isn’t what it will take to make people use them. These frames need reworks to be worth using. I won’t start using Excalibur Umbra because of buffs, it needs a rework for me to bother, as with many others. 

Your list seems to be focused on what people use on very specific nodes (ESO, Index). You missed Trinity and Harrow who are both popular for Eidolons. What about Arbitrations? What about events? What about all the other content you are ignoring? You really should try other modes and figure out what people are actually using. 

• As someone that doesn’t generally use any of the frames on your list (nor do most people I regularly play with) I have issues with it. You are picking a fairly arbitrary group of frames that are good for some content and claiming that’s all people use. 
Edited by krc473
Forgot a word
  • Like 6

il y a 15 minutes, krc473 a dit :

Here is the problem with what you are suggesting: it won’t work. It’s that simple. You have completely neglected the reasons people don’t use frames. Simply buffing the unused frames isn’t what it will take to make people use them. These frames need reworks to be worth using. I won’t start using Excalibur Umbra because of buffs, it needs a rework for me to bother, as with many others. 

Your list seems to be focused on what people use on very specific nodes (ESO, Index). You missed Trinity and Harrow who are both popular for Eidolons. What about Arbitrations? What about events? What about all the other content you are ignoring? You really should try other modes and figure out what people are actually using. 

• As someone that doesn’t generally use any of the frames on your list (nor do most people I regularly play with) I have issues with it. You are picking a fairly arbitrary group of frames that are good for some content and claiming that’s all people use. 

Maybe you have more luck than me, but i almost never see anyone playing trinity, even in eidolons i always take trinity because i like her and know that nobody else will take her... And yes i'm very specific with what i say because if you don't do something special like an eidolon. I can't say about arbitration since i didn't completed the map and don't have access to those mission. Well people only use the same frames, what do i do when i fall in a game with three saryn trying to nuke the map.

On the events most of the people always take the same waframes that i have cited in my comments... 

I'm not an old timer and i definitely don't know anything about the game yet, and it's probably why you're not okay with what i say, maybe i'm totally wrong, but from what i've seen, there isn't a lot of diversity in people choices. 

Edited by gabriouchka

absolutely NO there are number of ppl who would play a very meh frame so they can cheese low lvl stuff (cough* ember cough*) and there are good frames who only really shine into very high lvl but they still refuse to give us hard content that atleast start above lvl 100 wen ppl are capable of over that several times over so disposition of usage isnt going to determine if a frame is good or not. now i want reworks to the point im sick and tired of seeing a new warframe release but to follow the riven formula only makes the same problem as rn where there are some rivens made no sense to be nerfed only cuz it was used often where any weapon can 1 shot every enemy on the map.

Edited by SutomuDrgn
  • Like 2

there isn't a lot of diversity in people choices

I don’t dispute that. DE has a bad habit of reworking frames and making them worse. Ember was a popular frame, DE reworked it though. When was the last time you saw an Ember? It used to be every few missions. I have no problems with DE changing frames to encourage others to be used. But they should do it properly. A rework is the best option. Although it is a lot of work. That tackles the problem far better than buffing/nerfing stuff.

6 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

Well people only use the frames, what do i do when i fall in a game with three trinity trying to nuke the map

Trinity cannot Nuke the map anymore. 

7 minutes ago, gabriouchka said:

. I can't say about arbitration since i didn't completed the map and don't have access to those mission

My suggestion would be unlock and try these. They have a bit more diversity than other missions. DE should not make changes that will ruin frames for this mode. So I think it is important to try it before saying ‘nerf/buff everything’. It’s fairly common to get a good selection of frames - I had Gara, Frost, Nova and Valkyr in my last run.

• Like 2