The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp and why I don't like the current way of designing new Warframes.

Highresist

5 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Reading back to some of these comments and the one ive made. No one had a single clue on how hildryn works. "worst inaros".  yet, two years later is the laughing stock of the whole community because unlike nidus gets one shot by everything because of lack of shield gating. while elemental ward hildryn jacks up everything i see ingame past lvl 100 and beyond. what a long way we came.  two years later and i still play her. even if im the only one who does. lol 

I play hildryn a lot as well. She’s a great frame with elemental ward. I completed my mr30 test with her after thinking about some others. She’s good at weakening the enemy before they are even hit by a weapon. 

• Like 1

On 2019-05-27 at 1:10 AM, Ced23Ric said:

Trinity is a better healer, but offers no CC or DPS increase to the team.
Oberon is a (minimally) worse healer / better defensive buff, but offers no CC or DPS increase to the team.
Wisp heals slightly better than Oberon without pinning the team to an area, increases DPS and offers CC the team can carry around.

How is she objectively worse when she matches Oberon in healing and eclipses both in DPS and transportable CC of which neither pins the team to a specific location, other than for refreshing (at no additional energy cost) at the leisure of each squadmate?

I still don't understand why Oberon gives worse healing over time and has an energy drain attached to it that ramps up when allies are damaged while Wisp can just put down a Reservoir and double the team's Health while healing them for free. Oberon has all these weird downsides for no real reason and it bugs me that people don't see that as an issue. Literally NO other healing option has this weird limitation, and most of them are cheaper and better at healing regardless. 

It's always why I felt Oberon's healing shouldn't increase in drain as allies take damage, have it cap in Energy Drain at four allies so guys like Nekros or Atlas can't screw over your Energy. Give Oberon some better ways to gain Energy too, I'd love if his Passive allowed him to regen Energy every time his Companion dealt damage. Maybe if the healing ramped up and acted as a form of DR (essentially "healing over" damage) based on the damage your allies took, I could understand the drain.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 3