Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't bump Plague Star any further back.

(PSN)BenHeisennberg

Just a small request.

Plague Star has been delayed twice (thrice?) in a row now for console, and I'm concerned the Jovian Concord will bump it past June 12th, delaying it again.

My clanmates and I are going to stockpile from this next Plague Star regardless in case of future postponements, but yeah... We'd really like some more regularity in its appearance.

I know they announced a date for it, but what makes people think it will be for all platforms? Plague Star has always released on pc first, and then consoles, as far as I recall. And I'm twice as sure it won't come for us pre-Tennocon since we will already be busy with Hostile Mergers as soon as Jovian Concord hits consoles.

I just say this because it appears many apparently are in for an unpleasant surprise when mid-june arrives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I know they announced a date for it, but what makes people think it will be for all platforms? Plague Star has always released on pc first, and then consoles, as far as I recall. And I'm twice as sure it won't come for us pre-Tennocon since we will already be busy with Hostile Mergers as soon as Jovian Concord hits consoles.

I just say this because it appears many apparently are in for an unpleasant surprise when mid-june arrives.

Good point.  Didn't consider that.

The constant delays are ridiculous imo.  Sure, rework Plague Star, but then put it on a timer like other events are.  It should have an automatic beginning and end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Good point.  Didn't consider that.

The constant delays are ridiculous imo.  Sure, rework Plague Star, but then put it on a timer like other events are.  It should have an automatic beginning and end.

On that I wholeheartedly agree. Since I created my own ghost clan in February and now I want my own golden Plague trophy. And to get as many forma bp's as possible while at that. It should happen more frequently, and the only reason I'd accept it taking such a long time to re-run was if we had more events and operations happening, both new and old ones. 

• Like 1

Agreed.  Though with regards to

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

the only reason I'd accept it taking such a long time to re-run was if we had more events and operations happening, both new and old ones. 

I wouldn't myself lol.  Plague Star's rewards are far better than any other event.  If it were completely concurrent to the Jovian Concord release (to the day), my ghost clan would probably unlock the new vandals, maybe speedrun Rope for Wisp parts, and then head straight to PoE.

• Like 2

The console had their last PS in november 2018, that means you'll get roughly the same timeframe as PC that had their last PS in september 2018. How, where and when did console get theirs delayed 3, 2 or even 1 time? You are currently 1 month behind the usual rotation which seems to be between 5-6 months, PC is 3 months or so behind.

There is also a reason why it has gotten slightly delayed because they did a full revamp of PoE so need to get the event working on the new map.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

The console had their last PS in november 2018, that means you'll get roughly the same timeframe as PC that had their last PS in september 2018. How, where and when did console get theirs delayed 3, 2 or even 1 time? You are currently 1 month behind the usual rotation which seems to be between 5-6 months, PC is 3 months or so behind.

There is also a reason why it has gotten slightly delayed because they did a full revamp of PoE so need to get the event working on the new map.

September to November was a massive delay due to relay reconstruction, as stated on stream at the time.  This June (or later) will be a delay for everybody.  Iirc, there was a delay prior to last Plague Star.

You listed two delays, then asked for delays lol

32 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

September to November was a massive delay due to relay reconstruction, as stated on stream at the time.  This June (or later) will be a delay for everybody.  Iirc, there was a delay prior to last Plague Star.

You listed two delays, then asked for delays lol

I listed 1 delay, the current one, the other two events have been perfectly on time with 5-6 months in between on each platform. So there was no delay due to the relay reconstruction to begin with.

You had the event return in May 2018 and Nov 2018.

PC had it in April 2018 and September 2018.

So where are those magical delays you speak of from previous events?

50 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

So there was no delay due to the relay reconstruction to begin with.

You suggesting a bunch of us imagined the stream where a dev said just that?

Additionally, my memory might be off, but wasn't the early 2018 Plague Star appearance concurrent with PC?  I double checked the wiki, which only says:

"Its first rerun began on April 5, 2018 and ended April 17, 2018, and its second rerun began on September 19, 2018 and ended on September 30, 2018, and its console rerun started on November 2, 2018 and ended on November 13, 2018."

Seems to confirm how I remember it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

You suggesting a bunch of us imagined the stream where a dev said just that?

Additionally, my memory might be off, but wasn't the early 2018 Plague Star appearance concurrent with PC?  I double checked the wiki, which only says:

"Its first rerun began on April 5, 2018 and ended April 17, 2018, and its second rerun began on September 19, 2018 and ended on September 30, 2018, and its console rerun started on November 2, 2018 and ended on November 13, 2018."

Seems to confirm how I remember it.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/954978-ps4xb1-operation-plague-star-meteorite-spotted-on-the-plains-of-eidolon/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1024127-operation-plague-star-returns-on-ps4-xb1/

There are the official announcements.

22 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

I have some good news for you. It's not a bp, it's already built forma in the operation shop.

Oh very nice. I always overlooked it on the previous two runs since I was mostly trying to get hematocysts for my old clan and gems from Nakak, since I already had plenty of forma. I mean, I still do, but I have no need for anything else this time, and I'll still win a lot of standing because I'll farm the hematocysts for myself. Thanks heaps, it makes the grind even more worthwhile!

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Dude, why are you sitting here making sense? Can't you see that the point is to just bash the delays, that may or may not have been actual delays? There's absolutely no reason making well reasoned posts about easily confirmed facts! 

/s

But seriously... 👍

2 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

I have some good news for you. It's not a bp, it's already built forma in the operation shop.

They can change the rewards. I have a feeling they will drop out the forma cause its losing too much money

They actually announced the date in devstream 127, not sure how far in, but they said all systems & a specific date in an answer to someone off the livefeed Q&A.

So uness something new has been confirmed it'll be coming soon, mid june, if somone wants to watch & find the date go for it, but it was announced with a specific date in June on all systems, now what ACTUALLY happens may be a seperate beast entirely, just want to put the Plauge Kewaar riven ive had since january to freakin use.