Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Epidemic feedback?

Vit0Corleone

I was checking out the new Exodia Epidemic available on the Operation Supplies ( Plague Star ), and the description on the wiki actually makes it sound pretty interesting.

It's almost like a wide range (33m) ground slam that suspends enemies in the air for 4 seconds while at the same time applying viral ( or weapon - that part isn't very clear ) status.

This sounds pretty interesting to me, but I don't remember coming across any positive feedback about this Exodia, so I'm assuming I'm missing something here. Why don't people use/talk about this? What's the catch?

Wiki description:

NotesEdit

• Perform a bullet jump (Ctrl  + Spacebar ) or double jump (Spacebar  x2) then immediately transition into a ground slam (look downward and press E ) to create a wave of energy.
  • The wave is 5 meters wide, and will travel forward for 33 meters, going over terrain elevations and passing through enemies, before exploding at the end and dealing Viral b Viral damage in a ~7 meters radius. Enemies hit by the wave will tumble backward and be suspended in the air similarly to RhinoStomp130xDark Rhino Stomp for a short time period, up to 4 seconds with a full set.
    • This wave has a very high chance for Viral b Viral procs to occur, if not 100%, but also has a chance to proc your weapon's elemental effects as well.

3 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Simply put, ground slams aren't used too often therefore anything that relies on them won't be used much either.

Maybe because ground slams aren't particularly useful out of the box? But with a Exodia like this, they kind of are no? I mean, I see people using Rhino to do that stomp thing all the time. It's similar to that.

13 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Maybe because ground slams aren't particularly useful out of the box? But with a Exodia like this, they kind of are no? I mean, I see people using Rhino to do that stomp thing all the time. It's similar to that.

Except the stomp is far quicker (and when using a cc build a far longer duration) than ground slamming and if you're going to use a more time consuming means of cc, then the operator is a better option.

36 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Except the stomp is far quicker (and when using a cc build a far longer duration) than ground slamming and if you're going to use a more time consuming means of cc, then the operator is a better option.

Agreed, but if you're not using Rhino and don't have stomp, it can be an alternative to quick cc everything on a 33m radius no?

Like having a poor man's Stomp with Viral available to you regardless of what frame you're using.

55 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Simply put, ground slams aren't used too often therefore anything that relies on them won't be used much either.

Ground slams can be used as often as you like. That's the idea. Epidemic is not an RNG arcane, so it's not about how often you normally do slam attacks. You will naturally do slam attacks more often because you have Epidemic. 

Anyways, Epidemic is really strong. I would definitely recommend if you're interested. It's not an ability, so it's not tied to a specific frame and it can be used to save your life during high level missions. It's also great for safely applying status for condition overload builds. 

Because if you use it with a CC frame you gotta wonder why are you not using a frame with better CC like rhino, nova, vauban, limbo, etc and if you are using it with a DPS frame you gotta be wondering why are you CC'ing them if you can just murder the whole room, there's very few frames that would just benefit from this CC. Exodia Hunt is a better option since it draws your enemies closer allowing you to actually hit them with your melee weapons and possibly other weapons with short fallout.

I forgot what the mod call that let  you drag in the enemies while you doing the smash...that is handy with that mod which gather group is handy for stun control crowds with that mod.  Do I use it...no, I only use it sometime depending the role I have to make sure to do so.

I use it occasionally but I prefer exodia hunt that brings in enemies to you and opens them to finishers, it's a better CC I believe. 

Also the epidemic wave is not in a circle, 

It's in the direction you are facing. 

It's a good exodia that I have on most of my Zaws that are not hammers or greatswords,

I don't use it frequently though. 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

Because if you use it with a CC frame you gotta wonder why are you not using a frame with better CC like rhino, nova, vauban, limbo, etc...

Just because you use it with a CC frame doesn't mean you're not using one of the better CC frames. Those two have nothing to do with each other. It's all about what you want to use with your zaw. 

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

if you are using it with a DPS frame you gotta be wondering why are you CC'ing them if you can just murder the whole room

They're not mutually exclusive. You CC to kill easier/safer. A lot of DPS can be squishy. Remember it's just a slam attack. That doesn't stop your DPS. You also don't need to CC everybody. Why would you CC a butcher when there's a Leech Eximus Nox? You get my point? You don't need to be a CC frame to want to CC certain enemies. That's when Epidemic makes the most sense. There may only be a few enemies that give you problems, so why CC the entire room? There's a reason why people don't like Slovas and Limbos. 

51 minutes ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

Exodia Hunt is a better option since it draws your enemies closer allowing you to actually hit them with your melee weapons and possibly other weapons with short fallout.

Exodia Hunt is good on a few zaws that proc slam attacks during combos. It's not 100% like Epidemic tho. It also forces finishers sometimes which is especially annoying with slow Nikana finishers. Epidemic is good with every zaw and you don't need to use melee. Remember we have quick switching now. Just shoot them after you slam attack.