Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "endgame" Wisp

Ikyr0

Talking about "endurance runs" in particular. Play around her 2. Don't do weird stuff with Aero mods and over-complicate things (shooting while gliding reveals you). With a bit of duration, after activating the decoy you have 6s of invis during which shooting won't reveal you as long as the decoy is traveling (aim it at a nearby wall). After those 6s, you have 3s of invuln when tapping 2 again. If you slot Rolling Guard (not really necessary), that's another 3s. So for ~12s, you can deal damage with any weapon with zero risk, without the bunnyhopping and gliding silliness. She is very squishy like all stealth frames. Less micro, less mistakes. Just spam 2, watch the timer. Hope this is helpful to some.

EDIT: Guys this thread is about endurance runs. There are a few people here who don't know what an endurance run is. My point was to suggest to newer players that Wisp has a perma stealth/invuln mechanic and you should use it! So if endurance runs are your thing, then you have to spam her #2. And build her for a bit of duration and possibly efficiency as well.

Thank you mods for cleaning up the thread.

Edited by Ikyr0

All the mods you’ll need(specifically for the Ability Strength) are Power Drift, Augur Secrets, Umbral Intensify with Umbral Vitality, Transient Fortitude, and Blind Rage. I found this setup from this video: 

Also, you’ll need Augur Message and Primed Continuity to boost duration up to 40+ seconds.

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura
  • Like 1

Wisps 2 and 3 are awesome, even if you don't count the fully buffed 4 synergy. Once I caught on to how cool the taunt-clone is I started playing with it a bit more to learn the timing for remotely casting my 3 at stuff.

The value of Wisp is that she breaks the old school Warframe rule. All 4 parts of her kit are cool and pretty useful for something. All 4 parts of her kit has some kind of criss crossing synergy. I feel like the main reason some people feel like she's a sign of power creep is because she has no bum skill and lots of other frames do. Hell even some fantasic frames have bum skills, like Excalibur's Radial Javelin.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

Wisps 2 and 3 are awesome, even if you don't count the fully buffed 4 synergy. Once I caught on to how cool the taunt-clone is I started playing with it a bit more to learn the timing for remotely casting my 3 at stuff.

The value of Wisp is that she breaks the old school Warframe rule. All 4 parts of her kit are cool and pretty useful for something. All 4 parts of her kit has some kind of criss crossing synergy. I feel like the main reason some people feel like she's a sign of power creep is because she has no bum skill and lots of other frames do. Hell even some fantasic frames have bum skills, like Excalibur's Radial Javelin.

what i like about her toolkit is there are so many ways to play her. personally, i like building for a bit of range and duration, and playing around her 2 and 3. 2 is basically 3 skills in one, and micromanaging it is super rewarding. She has a higher skill ceiling, which is really refreshing. Still squishy without perma invis, so one has to pay at least a little bit of attention to use her to the fullest (unlike the older afk frames). I'm glad they've moved away from perma-invuln/invis mechanics with the newer designs.

Edited by Ikyr0

Just go all the way for strength. 

Reservoirs are Wisp's true ultimate, use Sol Gate only for show!

Here's my 348% strength build, all slots but Umbral are polarized, all mods maxed.

Corrosive Projection - Power Drift

Blind Rage - Transient Fortitude - Augur Secrets - Augur Message

Stretch - Adaptation - Umbral Vitality - Umbral Intensify

Arcane Guardian - Arcane Energize

This is as deadly as it gets. You could exchange Corrosive Projection with Growing Power, but I don't care timing casts for it.

With this crazy attack speed/fire rate, slow weapons become suddenly interesting, you can leave speed mods out and add something else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toran said:

Reservoirs are Wisp's true ultimate, use Sol Gate only for show!

Here's my 348% strength build, all slots but Umbral are polarized, all mods maxed.

Corrosive Projection - Power Drift

Blind Rage - Transient Fortitude - Augur Secrets - Augur Message

Stretch - Adaptation - Umbral Vitality - Umbral Intensify

Arcane Guardian - Arcane Energize

This is as deadly as it gets. You could exchange Corrosive Projection with Growing Power, but I don't care timing casts for it.

With this crazy attack speed/fire rate, slow weapons become suddenly interesting, you can leave speed mods out and add something else. 

SOL is actually quite good....but not by itself.   It wants to be used after using your 3 on a group of targets.   When you do that...hilarious things happen.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Toran said:

As I said there are many ways to play her. I think she performs best as a stealth/cc frame, so it's a good idea to give her some range and duration. My build has her at 220% STR, plus Growing Power bonus, which makes her motes very decent.

Adaptation isn't very good on her. She has low base armor. Sub lvl 100, you just don't need the extra survivability. But an hour into Mot, she'll get one-shot even with full Adaptation stacks anyway, so Rolling Guard performs better. 6 seconds of invuln is pretty damn good, and better than any amount of armor/HP.

With a bit of efficiency and duration, you can spam her 2 for perma stealth and invuln, so nothing will touch you anyway. This way she can do long endurance runs, which was the original point I was trying to make.

On a sidenote, the Gaze kitgun synergizes with Wisp perfectly. Her 3 acts like a discount Pax Seeker, so you can slot Pax Charge on the Gaze instead. With the Haste Mote, everything just melts...even at lvl 150+. Did a 90min Arbie yesterday without breaking a sweat. 

Edited by Ikyr0

29 minutes ago, Maimage said:

Adaptation is amazing on her ...

it's completely needless in the lower levels. you get one-shot through it above 150. she has low-ish base armor, so no it's not amazing on her. she also has no damage reduction. Slot Rolling Guard and you'll see amazing. you don't slot Adaptation on frames 1) with no DR, and 2) <200 armor.

but if you're running low level content, I suppose anything works. obviously you're not running anything above Sortie 3.

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

it's completely needless in the lower levels. you get one-shot through it above 150. she has low-ish base armor, so no it's not amazing on her. she also has no damage reduction. Slot Rolling Guard and you'll see amazing. you don't slot Adaptation on frames 1) with no DR, and 2) <200 armor.

but if you're running low level content, I suppose anything works. obviously you're not running anything above Sortie 3.

Originally I was gonna come back and argue that I felt like this wasn't entirely fair since her buff gives her enough health and regen to do alright at fueling adaptation using trash mobs but after thinking about what you're talking about here I think you have a pretty fair point.

Though it's worth noting that content that is below Sortie 3 in difficulty is typically what the community is playing. While Endurance/Arbitration runs are definitely popular and there are plenty of players seeking the highest challenges the reality is that the vast majority of the community isn't really doing that. So there is something to be said for the different in build logic that exists in players whose gameplay is mostly simple Starmap tier and people who are trying to run the gauntlet in endless modes or ect.

Real talk, you have a built in rolling guard with her 2, it gives you invul. With 1900 HP and 104 HP a sec with my build Adaptation does wonders. If i need to regen from a nasty hit i just use 2 or Operator mode. And Arcane Guardian Exists and completely solves the armor issues. I run redic high lvl stuff often i have thousands of hours.... i dont just "do starmap stuff"

Edited by Maimage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maimage said:

Real talk, you have a built in rolling guard with her 2, it gives you invul. With 1900 HP and 104 HP a sec with my build Adaptation does wonders. If i need to regen from a nasty hit i just use 2 or Operator mode. And Arcane Guardian Exists and completely solves the armor issues. I run redic high lvl stuff often i have thousands of hours.... i dont just "do starmap stuff"

I hope you don't think you're being attacked with how me and @Ikyr0 have mentioned builds being more Starmap friendly than Arbitration friendly. I can't expect to speak on his behalf, but from my perspective it is just a matter of his considering Arbitrations the only meaningful endgame activity that you should be building specifically for. Even I'm using 'Starmap friendly' as a bit of a broad brush paint in order to communicate the idea that the mission isn't a long endurance run or Arbitration.

This is a conversation where every party is correct. Adaptation is a ridiculously powerful mod and very good on Wisp so long as you can properly ensure she isn't struck my something that does more damage than her total health, which is something that is very possible because Wisp has very low damage reduction from her low armor value. Trash mobs bursting you down certainly wont be a massive issue, however trash mobs are generally not an issue for an experienced player to start with. Otherwise they wouldn't be called trash mobs.

However his point about Rolling Guard is also very good. Having that effect on standby for hairy situation like low energy or very large mobs of high damage units is powerful. It also frees Wisp up to use her 2 very proactively, throwing it towards enemies in order to make use of the synergy with her 3 skill to the best of your ability. Rolling Guard is also a good way to make up for the fact that in the highest level content Wisps armor allows some of the toughest enemies to hit her for between 1000~3000+ damage in one hit, the latter of which is an instant kill.

15 hours ago, Maimage said:

Adaptation is amazing on her ...

IF you have Arcane Guardian, TBH. Without Arcane Guardian, I would say Adaptation isn't enough during the initial ramp up and may struggle even at full stack, since Adaptation doesn't actually reduce all incoming damage (as enemy damage is a spread of damage types, while Adaptation only provides resist against the highest damage type in the attack). While I don't quite agree with Ikyr0 that Adaptation is completely useless, I wouldn't agree with you that it is amazing as a standalone mod. It definitely helps a lot vs slash/toxin procs as well as elemental Sorties.

Ofc if you have Arcane Guardian and Grace, it all comes together pretty nicely and can make Wisp take a lot of hits. The added health from her 1 synergizes nicely with Grace, which provides additional healing on top of what she has. Adaptation will let her last longer and continue to proc Guardian and Grace from incoming fire as well. Add Magus Repair on top and most likely Wisp isn't going to die anytime soon.

However, Adaptation does have a "spool up" time and Ikyr0's point that Rolling Guard can be useful is not false, since her 2 can be easily recast and then teleported to during Rolling Guard's invulnerability to allow for Rolling Guard to come off cooldown and provide invuln again. This may end up being better than Adaptation when damage scales too high, but I wouldn't be bothered to push to those levels.

i recently got my friend into the game and he seemed to like wisp. i have an abundance of plat and i'm thinking of just buying it for him. would you guys give the green light on said purchase. i guess i would also have to give him some mods so he can make it a bit more strong?

if it makes any difference. we mostly play for fun so i dont care much about the " but hes skipping the grind" argument.

i just want him to enjoy it and this would prob make him enjoy it more. heck i even bought my first frame cus i actually quit when i started with volt. it wasn't interesting to me lol. ok that was unnecessary backstory ill prob buy him it anyway lol

Edited by Makunogo

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

i recently got my friend into the game and he seemed to like wisp. i have an abundance of plat and i'm thinking of just buying it for him. would you guys give the green light on said purchase. i guess i would also have to give him some mods so he can make it a bit more strong?

Just carry him through Disruption and the Ropalolyst fight (which means carrying him through the MQ as well).

The only reason to buy Wisp would be if you cannot stand the 3 days build time.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Just carry him through Disruption and the Ropalolyst fight (which means carrying him through the MQ as well).

The only reason to buy Wisp would be if you cannot stand the 3 days build time.

MQ? dont u need an operator do do that fight? i mean.. i farm plat rather easily.. so yea i dont mind buying it. also i haven't touched ropa yet. lol

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

MQ? dont u need an operator do do that fight? 

Main Quest. You need to carry him all the way through to Chimera (ofc he gotta do the solo stuff alone).

Ofc if you have excessive plat and that person is actually like your girlfriend/boyfriend/younger sibling then I don't see why not.