Jump to content
Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

better way to get arcanes?


_Anise_
 Share

Question

first group ever trying this had one guy complains "why do I even bother" he extracts up extract after first boss.

second group has some guy complaning that 'we are a bad group', which leads to argument between two people, people leave, extract after first boss again.

third ever attempt people just start flying around as if they don't know what todo, one guy leaves followed by another *host migration*

seriously I have todo this probably 100 times for a chance to get myself the rank 3 arcane I need to 'try' a build, is there no better alternative so far its turning out to be a pretty toxic experience and probably the first hard wall to progression I am seeing for something as small as basically a mod with a different name.

Edited by _Anise_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

i don't really see it getting any better, as the 99% of the Playerbase is going to be toxic either way and demand certain Equipment when they don't know what they're talking about.

and, new Players that queue for the set of 3 Eidolons when they're far, far from ready to even participate for the single Teralyst Encounter, let alone the full set.
which, perhaps things could get better for that in particular. some form of restricting the set of 3 Eidolons bounty in some way. not sure what would be a good choice. restricted to Mastery 8 probably, and...... having completed the War Within(if that's not already a requirement, i wouldn't know what the prerequisites are)? idk.

 

what you can do in the meantime? well Recruit Chat is pretty much your avenue, there. or playing with people you know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

new Players that queue for the set of 3 Eidolons when they're far, far from ready to even participate for the single Teralyst Encounter, let alone the full set.

I read the basics of how to capture them, I have a 4 forma rubico prime modded for radiation, I have a decent selection of warframes, not really sure if that counts me as ready ?

4th attempt I guess the vet player who chose todo the drones accidentally didn't bring enough oops and bounty filed, 5 attempts to not even get a single run, yeah I might just buy the mods I need it dosn't seem possible (or at least a fun activity todo) otherwise, but yeah I guess it seems an activity best suited to a close group of friends which is a shame when warframe for the most part seems to want to sell itself as a game where you can do a lot of things solo

Edited by _Anise_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I read the basics of how to capture them, I have a 4 forma rubico prime modded for radiation, I have a decent selection of warframes, not really sure if that counts me as ready ?

4th attempt I guess the vet player who chose todo the drones accidentally didn't bring enough oops and bounty filed, 5 attempts to not even get a single run, yeah I might just buy the mods I need it dosn't seem possible (or at least a fun activity todo) otherwise

You know you are ready when you can solo it. Try going out and capturing the teralyst on your own. That means you know the mechanics of the fight, can deal the damage, etc. Its important to have a good amp for these runs, so make sure you have something like a 223. Its all good to have a 4 forma rubico prime, but if you aren't using all the rights builds with the right frames, there are better options.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I read the basics of how to capture them, I have a 4 forma rubico prime modded for radiation, I have a decent selection of warframes, not really sure if that counts me as ready ?

possibly. all i ask of Players for Eidolon Hunting is knowing what to do and how things work. and having decent gear.

which sums up as:

  • having picked a Warframe that provides some Abilities which either increase Damage, or protect Allies.
  • have Weapon(s) with a full set of Mods and w/ Radiation damage.
    • Crit Weapon much preferable
  • know that Lures are important for Eidolon Hunting, and don't mind getting some sometimes if there is a need.
    • also not grabbing like 20 Lures at the start because that just slows things down (only need a few at the start for the Teralyst, can grab 10 or 20 after there's atleast two Charged)
  • understand how.... Abilities work. like what things are Damage Buffs or protection and w/e and ergo know to take advantage of them, to deal more Damage or to take less Damage.
    • (my god, the number of people that will actively avoid Electric Shield and if i place it right in front of them will even walk away from it, it's like they want to do less Damage, wtf)
  • having Crafted an Amp is preferable, but being able to deal good Damage with Guns is fine 
    • having Unairu Wisp or Void Strike is nice, but just like having Crafted an Amp you can get away without if if you can deal good Health Damage so that someone else in the Squad can just focus on Shields

basic stuff, really. chances are, you already hit all of these points. since it's basically just a "not a calculator with hands" check, basically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I read the basics of how to capture them, I have a 4 forma rubico prime modded for radiation, I have a decent selection of warframes, not really sure if that counts me as ready ?

4th attempt I guess the vet player who chose todo the drones accidentally didn't bring enough oops and bounty filed, 5 attempts to not even get a single run, yeah I might just buy the mods I need it dosn't seem possible (or at least a fun activity todo) otherwise, but yeah I guess it seems an activity best suited to a close group of friends which is a shame when warframe for the most part seems to want to sell itself as a game where you can do a lot of things solo

I'm basing most of my comment on assumptions so I can be extremely wrong here, but:

I suppose you're running Rhino?
Thing is, a lot of the players who are new to Eidolons go for doing damage to limbs.
This, however is pretty much the least important job in a hunt.
Often you'd have 2-3 players like this and even then, they can't exactly get a limb down efficiently in 1-3 seconds, because they lack practice.

From my experience, since I always pug, I'd also dodge a group like that, here's why:
In 99% of the cases people feel too self-important to be relegated to "Babysitting duty" A.K.A lures, which in fact is the most important job.
Often, they don't have an operator that can contribute to shield damage.
Effort is wasted when 2-3 people are on limb duty, since once a limb is down the others heal up.
So I end up flying around collecting lures, doing almost all the damage to the shields and often popping the limbs myself, may as well be solo.
Naturally after a few runs like this, people start to recognize where this is going and bail straight away.

 

My assumptions end here.

The only way you'd reduce bailing is to make sure that you bring more than your average pub and show it, here's how:
Make a good amp X23/X27 to do good shield damage.
Run Trinity or Volt. Just because your damage % isn't orange, doesn't mean you're not the most important person in the room.
With Trinity, just collect lures and make sure they survive, player survival should be the last of your worries.
With Volt, pop shields and do shield damage. Added bonus if you have a good Lanka, since then you'd only need a Trin to duo all 3.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I'm basing most of my comment on assumptions so I can be extremely wrong here, but:

I suppose you're running Rhino?
Thing is, a lot of the players who are new to Eidolons go for doing damage to limbs.
This, however is pretty much the least important job in a hunt.
Often you'd have 2-3 players like this and even then, they can't exactly get a limb down efficiently in 1-3 seconds, because they lack practice.

From my experience, since I always pug, I'd also dodge a group like that, here's why:
In 99% of the cases people feel too self-important to be relegated to "Babysitting duty" A.K.A lures, which in fact is the most important job.
Often, they don't have an operator that can contribute to shield damage.
Effort is wasted when 2-3 people are on limb duty, since once a limb is down the others heal up.
So I end up flying around collecting lures, doing almost all the damage to the shields and often popping the limbs myself, may as well be solo.
Naturally after a few runs like this, people start to recognize where this is going and bail straight away.

 

My assumptions end here.

The only way you'd reduce bailing is to make sure that you bring more than your average pub and show it, here's how:
Make a good amp X23/X27 to do good shield damage.
Run Trinity or Volt. Just because your damage % isn't orange, doesn't mean you're not the most important person in the room.
With Trinity, just collect lures and make sure they survive, player survival should be the last of your worries.
With Volt, pop shields and do shield damage. Added bonus if you have a good Lanka, since then you'd only need a Trin to duo all 3.

 

This !!!! 

Basically Show them how its down and they will be more open yo suggestions....

Ofcourse getting to that point isn't easy....

I started Hunting (again) with limbo and the Hek..... My Biggest Contribution to the hunt was The Sarpa with latest?cb=20171007154455

Since you can never expect to see corrosive projection Auras....

I got lucky and met two guys from a different clan and we decided to hunt regularly together....

The default state of these hunts is toxic but there are genuinely decent people out there....if you're willing to stick with it you will eventually encounter them and can grow strong together...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...