Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of hardcore player do we actually have in warframe?

I heard many about people that say ESO, arbitration, eidolon and other things aren't challenging and too easy that the challenge is not to fall asleep, sometimes claiming doing it solo so I'm really curious about this, what kind of hardcore player do we actually have? Is it

- Insane min-maxing with godly rolled riven?

- Mastering every detail of damage buffs?

- Players that happen to know some bug/exploit?

- Full meta build?

or,

- Just people that no-life this game? (If that's how you call it)

Even as a player from 2014 I'm still taking some time to take down level 95 grineer at ESO with all nezha skills used so is it really possible to solo that far? Or I'm missing things in my build to reach that point?

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

I heard many about people that say ESO, arbitration, eidolon and other things aren't challenging and too easy that the challenge is not to fall asleep, sometimes claiming doing it solo so I'm really curious about this, what kind of hardcore player do we actually have? Is it

- Insane min-maxing with godly rolled riven?

- Mastering every detail of damage buffs?

- Players that happen to know some bug/exploit?

- Full meta build?

or,

- Just people that no-life this game? (If that's how you call it)

Probably a combination of some of these things....

In any case

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Even as a player from 2014 I'm still taking some time to take down level 95 grineer at ESO with all nezha skills used so is it really possible to solo that far? Or I'm missing things in my build to reach that point?

Nezha is not meant to work with his skills alone.... he's just like Chroma or mirage.... you use his abilities to enhance the effectiveness if his weapons and in some cases the other way around (Hence why I want The Zenistar)

What weapons are You using for ESO ?

If Grineer are a trouble then I'd suspect you're missing something as Nezha is a monster.  Imo the higher levels you go, the more relevant your weapons become as a soloer as well.  Without god tier DPS weapons, you may start to struggle progressively more.  Nezha has a good kit, but you cannot live off it.  Some frames get away with purely being power users, I don't think Nezha fits that well personally.  

ESO is easy because it's a game mode made almost exclusively for nuke frames, so most people naturally nuke, which is an 'easy' strategy.  The ease of this is in the mission design itself.

Eidolons are easy for the experienced and optimized meta teams, so I'd dare say this one IS a meta issue.  Most teams won't touch Eidolons without Chroma for a reason.

Arbritrations... well they give you 300% Strength bonuses to frames and weapons... so that explains itself.

Most of the ease in end game actually comes from how end game is designed, imo. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

1 minute ago, Cyclouros said:

Both. But if people that don't minmax and just no-life with subpar equipment struggle to find a challenge then it's a really low bar.

Not sure with what you're using since I can't take down level 95 grineer in one shot, even with crit/status battacor and nezha at 180% strength so what kind of power is going on here?

stlbome844h01.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=

Not sure with what you're using since I can't take down level 95 grineer in one shot, even with crit/status battacor and nezha at 180% strength so what kind of power is going on here?

All in due time, young padawan.

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Probably a combination of some of these things....

In any case

Nezha is not meant to work with his skills alone.... he's just like Chroma or mirage.... you use his abilities to enhance the effectiveness if his weapons and in some cases the other way around (Hence why I want The Zenistar)

What weapons are You using for ESO ?

I use battacor with full crit/status, 150% multishot, radiation and toxin. Even with 180% boost from chakram I can't one shot them yet

• Like 1

ESO - got tired of this GameMode since the Efficiency Drain and the Enemy’s scaling prevents longer runs Solo being a thing.

Arbitration - Mot still exist for extra difficulty since the Damage there at 1 - 2 Hours there Solo is like 3 - 6 Hours in Arbitration (even with the current Scaling of Enemies). 

Eidolons - Heavy Meta is more of a thing because how DE designed the Hunt. But as a Open World bosses, these are more fair

Orbs - 80% Artifical and 20% legit difficulty for Profit Taker and easy farming for Exploiter. 

So the real difficulty hardcore Players would find is in Nightmare Survivals or Mot, Void.

Edited by GPrime96

Well theres your problem right there.... Battacor isn't a one shot weapon.... well I mean it is if we're talking about butchers and lancers but its normal for it not to one shot something like Heavy Gunners....

Its Alt Fire actually can one shot tougher level 110 Enemies but it requires so many things to go right that its not even worth mentioning..... 

The Lanka and the Trigris Prime don't have this problem. 

10 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I use battacor with full crit/status, 150% multishot, radiation and toxin. Even with 180% boost from chakram I can't one shot them yet

Battacor is what I use as well, and imo its a special case.  It's alt fire is how you're primarily going to get your 1 shot kills off, and I can't speak for you, but mine can do up to 400,000 damage on a headshot with a stack - BUT, and this is a big but, I have a riven.

It's regular fire is also really good - but on pen and paper, and even moreso in reality, the Battacor is a relatively low DPS weapon without that full charged secondary fire.  It's one of those weapons that will always be good, but will never be the pinnacle it can be without Riven, primarily one with Crit Damage and Crit Chance.  Getting that Crit Chance over the 100% threshold is a game changer, and it makes a world of difference, so I would consider a riven almost mandatory. 

Starting at level 80, some units in the grineer pool can have up to 400,000 effective health (armor+health) and so you can see that one shotting certain units becomes pretty unrealistic without riven builds.  

As much as DE wants to play Rivens off as an optional extra, they really aren't anymore.  If you aren't rivened up, then you're probably underperforming.  Sadly that's a mix of busted armor scaling and power creep. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Well theres your problem right there.... Battacor isn't a one shot weapon.... well I mean it is if we're talking about butchers and lancers but its normal for it not to one shot something like Heavy Gunners....

Its Alt Fire actually can one shot tougher level 110 Enemies but it requires so many things to go right that its not even worth mentioning..... 

The Lanka and the Trigris Prime don't have this problem. 

Meta weapons then, no wonder but as far as I go, I'm still loving this weapon even when I have to build 3 charges for it since the secondary fire is neat to one shot them

• Like 1

personally i think that most of them that are saying that are just saying that. they aren't really as good as they say they are, but they want everyone to think they're some kind of godly player when in reality they're not as good as they claim to be. they just want people to think they're that good. has anyone actually seen any of them play? i've been playing this game for almost 6 years now and i have yet to see a player that is as good as the people that are claiming they are.

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Meta weapons then, no wonder but as far as I go, I'm still loving this weapon even when I have to build 3 charges for it since the secondary fire is neat to one shot them

"meta" simply means "this is what people use because it has the biggest numbers". It's not a bad word. It's your choice to use weaker weapons. Just like how some people get a Colt pistol IRL and not a magnum. You may like it more but you can't demand that it's gonna be as good as the top of the line.

But fortunately for you, that's exactly what rivens are for: counteracting the meta. Get a good battacor riven.

I'm using an ignis wraith that doesn't oneshot a goddamn thing but i like it and i can easily get through arbitrations with it by moving around to exploit the blast knockdown effect.

Edited by Cyclouros

Just now, Cyclouros said:

"meta" simply means "this is what people use because it has the biggest numbers". It's not a bad word. It's your choice to use weaker weapons. Just like how some people get a Colt pistol IRL and not a magnum. You may like it more but you can't demand that it's gonna be as good as the top of the line.

I wonder what are these "meta weapons" other than lanka or tigris prime since I'm not really good at those weapons and what kind of build

Afaik, the Meta build for Tigris Prime is normally 100% Status before Multishot since it would make every pellet proc Status. If you went for 100% Status after, then every Pellet would have a % chance of procing Status which is a damage decrease. Lanka, that’s used more often at Eidolons, rarer outside of that but that one is more built for Crit or Crit/Status and deal heavy Damage without Rivens. Rubico Prime and Vulkar Wraith with Riven can be close.

Edited by GPrime96

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I wonder what are these "meta weapons" other than lanka or tigris prime since I'm not really good at those weapons and what kind of build

Arca Plasmor maybe? I dunno, i don't minmax myself. My clan is quite annoyed that i bring valkyr to hunt eidolons.

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Arca Plasmor maybe? I dunno, i don't minmax myself. My clan is quite annoyed that i bring valkyr to hunt eidolons.

I also don't minmax so I'm really wondering what kind of hell it is to earn that power after going through it

Just now, 844448 said:

I also don't minmax so I'm really wondering what kind of hell it is to earn that power after going through it

Is it really something you need tho? People minmax because they enjoy killing enemies with arbitrarily rising numbers but it doesn't seem like that's how you get your enjoyment.

A train of thought that i picked up while playing world of warcraft is that as long as the boss dies before the enrage, it's all good. Just get through the fight.

Aslongas you can clear sorties, eidolons, arbitrations etc then it's all good. There's no real need to go 2+ hours in endless missions.

1 minute ago, Cyclouros said:

Is it really something you need tho? People minmax because they enjoy killing enemies with arbitrarily rising numbers but it doesn't seem like that's how you get your enjoyment.

A train of thought that i picked up while playing world of warcraft is that as long as the boss dies before the enrage, it's all good. Just get through the fight.

Aslongas you can clear sorties, eidolons, arbitrations etc then it's all good. There's no real need to go 2+ hours in endless missions.

I just kinda want to be able to hold myself to reach zone 8 in ESO solo since I'm still unable to do that with the grineer in the schedule, but the rest is fine with me with good memories of being able to beat mesa in damage dealt and 3 rhinos with rubico prime and opticor vandal as nezha with stradavar

8 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

That's just using Sayrn.  Unfortunately the way ESO is designed it's nigh impossible to reach zone 8 without using a frame with abilities that do a lot of damage.

Anything other than using saryn? I kinda suck at playing as her

Eh, most people complain that most content is easy not because it's easy with any properly modded build and weapon. It's that there are certain ways to cheese every mission and turn them into easy runs. So sometimes you see the occasional forum post complaint where the content is too easy and they want challenges. Ofc with challenges they either suggest insane things that are hard to cheese (like lvl 9999 enemies in a mission where you have 1  hp and 0 energy all the time) or suggest things that aren't cheesable like boss invulnerability phases or skill challenges like through parkour challenges or aim challenges, so on and on.

The playerbase of warframe has all kinds of players. Those you can barely do an hour of survival, those who can easily do an hour of survival, those who go for 40000 hours in survival and those who can do more than an hour in survival but they don't cause it gets boring. 

You don't really have to no-life warframe to get strong. Play occasionally, and once you reach "endgame", and with that I mean, you're all catched up on the story quests, did every or almost every quest, got the necessary mods (maxed, and primed if possible) in your builds and a decent build you made for your own playstyle, you will eventually notice that most enemies become easy to kill. Since you will be going for long runs in survival for resources or whatnot, you'll build for the enemies that take the most to kill (which means, high level enemies). Since your build is now made to go for high level enemies, you'll feel like most content becomes easy since the enemies aren't as dangerous as the ones you got your builds prepared for. It's when you can, or not, go the hardcore route and can, or not, complain about a lack of "challenging content" in warframe.

Personally, I like min/maxing builds and was lucky to get a nice zaw riven. I don't even use guns unless it's an eidelon hunt. My zaw alone one shots anything in arbitrations.

Edit: those are on my PS4 account. My PC account is older, but sadly has fallen WAY behind xD

Edited by kathash