Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of hardcore player do we actually have in warframe?

59 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

Woah. If I show some random on the internet I'm not all talk maybe he'll shout me out on his youtube channel and all 1M of his subs will gift me free stuff!!

Then prove yourself that you're not just all talk about the game being too easy. Solo tridolon in 10 minutes should be easy for you

Hardcore players?  those of the playerbase with a main + an old school MR0 alt (or the slightly easier to achieve MR5 alts) who either faceroll high level content on their mains or tryhard (sometimes also on those same high lvl missions) on their lowbie alts.

If you get bored the normal way.... just start again but make things harder.

On 2019-06-28 at 12:04 PM, seprent said:

reminds me when your caught by the zenuka you can punch things normally with your hands and feet 

id be down to do that taking no melee weapon just punch things with my bare hands idk pick up a moa and yeet it at a crewman tenno are pretty dang strong for the weapons we CAN swing around id assume a moa be albiet thrashing piece of cake 

Exactly!

A few years ago, there was an Halloween Event for Warframe, when Players had to use only their punches and kicks to fight against "Uber Juggernaut" and other infested enemies. It was a fun event and wish they would do it every year.

[There were Jack-O-Lantern patches all over the map too.]

On 2019-06-21 at 9:25 AM, 844448 said:

- Insane min-maxing with godly rolled riven?

- Mastering every detail of damage buffs?

- Players that happen to know some bug/exploit?

- Full meta build?

or,

- Just people that no-life this game? (If that's how you call it)

Here's some questions for your questions. They might help differentiate.

- What is a min-max god Riven exactly? Which stats? What weapon? What frame are you using? What faction are you using it against?

- Only a piece of a larger puzzle. Debuffs are generally stronger than buffs. So when should one be use over the other? Are they need at all?

- If you played the game a lot and played with the interactions of various mechanics. You'd find bugs. Plenty. So is it not self fulfilling?

- What's a meta build?

- You can't really no-life this game outside an Event Leaderboard. There's not enough to do. That one is just a statement.

None of this game is simple enough to just answer any of those questions without context.

I can however tell you most "hardcore" players take breaks often from the game because it simple doesn't try to uphold interest or it can't.

In case of me and my friends, it's neither. We just share build ideas and use equipment that fit's our playstyle, the numbers are only of secondary nature.

There will only be a few cases where you'll have serious problems when you use gear that truly fits your style.

On 2019-06-22 at 9:22 AM, SneakyErvin said:

It is all about picking the right tool for the job, super min-maxing or rivens are optional in the end. Nezha in ESO isnt exactly the right tool. 

Bring Saryn, Volt or Equinox. I prefer Equinox myself because it isnt as intrusive if another Enox is part of the group as a Saryn is to a Saryn. Then you just build him for max range, efficiency/energy pool to your liking and some health. Slap on a weapon that kills well, a melee with good reach, an arca plasmor or preferably a max crit catchmoon then just kill stuff while maim is active. Once you get a good stacked number on your maim you release it on the next massive wave that spawns, then you activate it again and repeat. Syncs well with other dpsers too, since they build up your damage for release.

For arbitrations it is more about picking a good weapon with area coverage to take out drones, again melee, arca plasmor or catchmoon are perfect for the job. Aside from that it is all about picking a frame you are comfortable with. Nezha would work great for anything, though I'd avoid taking him to excav since his skills bring little for the mission type. But for everything else he has massive CC and kill power when mixing reaping chakram + spears. I tend to run Inaros very often for survival arbis because his large health pool buffs my kavat to abnormal levels of health and the kavat also sustains Inaros health effortlessly through its attacks.

I think Eidolon hunting is the only place I've walked into with what would be non-riven meta" setups for some of my guns, most notably Rubico Prime. And I'm just confused as #*!% everytime I bring it in there because it deals a fraction of the damage that my Catchmoon does to those eidolons. Neither of the weapons have rivens and people keep saying "Rubico P is good enough without one". Wet noodle shooter is all I can think of when I start shooting with it and that is when playing Volt and using his shield aswell.

A rivenless Rubico prime without a Chroma, Harrow, Rhino or what ever buff is quite weak against an eidolon but I know that with a chroma and Harrow it can destroy limbs and drop an eidolon on the final phase in less than 5 shots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-29 at 1:18 AM, Cyxe said:

Anyone who claims to solo ESO clearly has no life because there's absolutely no point in soloing ESO. In fact there's very little to gain from soloing most things in Warframe because the number of enemies scales with the number of players. Fewer players means fewer loot drops, less affinity, less fun, and in terms of ESO, fewer points if that's what you care about.

I have a point, it shows how strong your build is and how well you know how to use your gears, better if you don't use any kind of nukers or meta and you can survive to zone 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-21 at 9:24 AM, 844448 said:

Anything other than using saryn? I kinda suck at playing as her

Volt is actually really good. Just press 4 and watch everything die.
This is my eso volt build. If you have it replace avenger with Energize.
U7HhgR4.png

Edited by .Dracula.

On 2019-06-21 at 4:25 PM, 844448 said:

I heard many about people that say ESO, arbitration, eidolon and other things aren't challenging and too easy that the challenge is not to fall asleep, sometimes claiming doing it solo

Yeah maybe handful of people say this and guess what maybe this game isn't for them .

On 2019-06-21 at 9:42 AM, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Battacor is what I use as well, and imo its a special case.  It's alt fire is how you're primarily going to get your 1 shot kills off, and I can't speak for you, but mine can do up to 400,000 damage on a headshot with a stack - BUT, and this is a big but, I have a riven.

It's regular fire is also really good - but on pen and paper, and even moreso in reality, the Battacor is a relatively low DPS weapon without that full charged secondary fire.  It's one of those weapons that will always be good, but will never be the pinnacle it can be without Riven, primarily one with Crit Damage and Crit Chance.  Getting that Crit Chance over the 100% threshold is a game changer, and it makes a world of difference, so I would consider a riven almost mandatory. 

Starting at level 80, some units in the grineer pool can have up to 400,000 effective health (armor+health) and so you can see that one shotting certain units becomes pretty unrealistic without riven builds.  

As much as DE wants to play Rivens off as an optional extra, they really aren't anymore.  If you aren't rivened up, then you're probably underperforming.  Sadly that's a mix of busted armor scaling and power creep. 

Pleas share your battacor build. I enjoyed the weapon but it just felt lack luster. Same thing with the ocucor (honest to god love how the weapon looks/feels but my god does it suck ass)

On 2019-06-21 at 8:34 AM, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

ESO is easy because it's a game mode made almost exclusively for nuke frames, so most people naturally nuke, which is an 'easy' strategy.  The ease of this is in the mission design itself.

Fully agree. ESO is not a hard game mode, unless you're one of those people who stubbornly insist that any frame with any weapons using any build "should" be able to run it.

Just bring Saryn and spore spam for 20 minutes and you win. Hell, I used to do it with a Volt built for range, spamming Discharge.

Eidolons are easy for the experienced and optimized meta teams, so I'd dare say this one IS a meta issue.  Most teams won't touch Eidolons without Chroma for a reason.

I actually disagree that Chroma is necessary for eidolons. Volt is capable of doing both shield-breaking and synovia-breaking. The issue is he can't really handle damage without somebody using Trinity to keep him alive.

Arbritrations... well they give you 300% Strength bonuses to frames and weapons... so that explains itself.

But it's a mistake to use that boosted frame. You just need to take a frame that's good at not dying.

En 21/6/2019 a las 8:25, 844448 dijo:

What kind of hardcore player do we actually have? 

Probably playing other game/s (TRUE ENDGAME) 

But seriously we have none of those hardcore player, this game isn't made for hardcore players, all playera can do all the content without using a single Forma. When I used to play ,( I will probably come back to try The New War , Railjack looks boring af so I won't bother) I really liked doing +1hr MOT Solo (Pre Relic System) with Nyx, because I had a lot of Forma in Weapons, used to be a lot of fun, but the Relic System was like a F@ck you for doing More than 1 hour, even that wouldn't stop me for doing what I thought it was fun.

I stop playing like 1 year ago, because I realized that Warframe isn't and won't do anything for hardcore players, so I started playing other game lol.

• Like 1