Jump to content
LeMoog

Trading suggestion to prevent resale of items and abuse of alt accounts

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So much of what you have to say is blatantly wrong. Much of it is plainly nonsensical, that if you weren't so invested in your proposal you'd be able to see it instantly. 

There are many people who are pointing out what is wrong and explaining the errors. Not all are greedy traders trying to take advantage of the ignorant. I'm not a reseller and most of my purchases are prime junk for the ducats. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get full sets that way, and I have used that to give newbs I have played with Primes that they didn't yet have, for free. 

Your proposed "solution" will prevent me from being able to do that, and that's beyond ridiculous. I see that others have said much the same thing. 

You may not be negatively affected by the proposed changes, but others will, so no thanks. From my point of view, your proposal sucks. 

fair enough come up with a better one, without knowing where your feel I am in error then it is hard for me to convince you that your are wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeMoog said:

So in your definition of the broker they do not trade with either party? how then can they facilitate trade when either of the primaries are offline

Any way that normal human beings deal with different schedules? Talk to the involved parties, find a time that works. As a practical matter, the broker could well serve as an intermediary to make the trade go through. But it would still be the buyer and the seller who are setting the price point, not the broker.

This is part of the reason why I asked for definitions. I don't think you really care about brokers, but care more about "traditional" buyers and sellers (that would buy low and sell high). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeMoog said:

fair enough come up with a better one, without knowing where your feel I am in error then it is hard for me to convince you that your are wrong

Check and track the IP/mac address if they appear more than twice (once as buyer and once as seller) on an item that raises a red flag on the players involved. Multiple flags means that the players trade history gets investigated by a human. 

Trading, reselling, buying for a friend, none of those get flagged under this system, as none of those are a problem. 

You seem to have an issue with resellers which is your issue and nobody else's. 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeMoog said:

There is no open player-based community and as to why the trade is like it is rather than say like steam's then I would guess that it was down to IP  or  other priorities at the time and no real focus since due to those profiting off the existing system poo-pooing any forum threads that suggest a change.

The solution I offered was aimed at addressing two issues which I met, alt-accounts and reselling. After taking another look at the existing trade thread and hearing from others in the forum and in chat I came to the conclusion that warframe trading had been co-opted and that everyone else's price was limited by the same and that finally enough players felt the same way.

If you are happy with things as they are and you do not care about the impact it is having then fair enough but if you do then by all means come up with a better solution, I personally would like to see a steam like trade system where offline item holders could sell in their sleep as but this has repeatedly been suggested and poo-pooed by those that feel nothing for those that they profit off. There is a lot of talk about community but the type of community where grifters are unchecked is bled to death  and the toxic nature of the community always seeks to escape into other areas as the saying goes "if you lie down with dogs then you are going to get fleas" and no one who has played WF for period cannot have helped but meet toxic players in every interface of the game.

If you enjoy living in the mire then fine, knock yourself out but for my part I would like to believe that the majority of players, including those that never use the forum, would like a breath of fresh air and that means removing the poison as you come across it. I have tried to do my part what are you doing to help?

Well, you see the current trading system and alts as issues. I see them as a non-issues. I, and obviously many others, don’t agree with your “solution”. Your solution is more inconvenient to me than your perceived issues.

I am not emotionally invested in the items that I buy/sell or the people that buy/sell them. It is a game and the items sold are not necessities in life. I have played since 2013 and I have met my fair share of various types of players. The difference is that people and situations you fret about as being “poison” or “toxic”, I simply disregard because I don’t allow them to impact my fun or spill over into real life. The people and situations in this game are just that, a game.

I would like to believe that the majority of players don’t consider any part of this game as a “mire”. If I need fresh air, I go outside. If I had issues with poison or toxicity, I wouldn’t be here. Quite frankly, if I didn’t thoroughly enjoy the game, I wouldn’t play it. Simple as that. I have supported DE through a reasonable number of purchases over the years. I haven’t spent a ton of money, but it is certainly more than I have paid for other games I have purchased outright. That is where my “part” ends. It isn’t my job to “help”, especially in areas that I don’t even consider a problem.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that it's called a trade system not a selling system even tough it's used for selling, the stream like solution is not trading but instead selling also your"amendment" is completely proposterous your initial problem was with people using alt accounts to bypass trade limit now you're against resellers as well.(use Mario's bazaar if you have problem with trade limit there ain't no limit there iirc)

Do tell me ... Why? What problem do you have with resellers? How is it unfair to some people? And isn't that because of their own ignorance and clearly not the system's fault when you're so desperately trying to pin it on the system? Both the buyer party and seller party are completely aware of what the details of the transaction would be. If I bought a riven and want to sell it I can do so at any time I want you just need a willing buyer it's mine the moment i finish the trade for it and am free to do with it as I do so. So please do tell me why do you have a problem with the stuff I bought and now own so much that you want it never leaving my inventory even if I don't have any more need for it and would like to get some plats for it(here I would technically be"reselling")

Go on I'm waiting

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LeMoog said:

I am not married to any single method so long as the result is to remove brokers/resellers unfair influence upon the whole market, by fair I am referring to what any other single player can do.

People talk about the importance of a freemarket but the reality is that the market is already biased simply because each single player has to compete with a group who have a shared agenda. A single player must sleep occasionally and he can only post once per time limit in the trade thread. A group can post at least as many times as their are members. Thus the market is not currently free and if a free market really means anything to you  have to agree that this needs to change

No, I don't agree nor do I have to.

First off, groups? Trading groups? Those don't really work in Warframe. There is no shared inventory other than a Clan Dojo, and those you can't take stuff out of but only put stuff in. Those so-called groups need to be trading between members to keep items online, and there's a limit to how many trades you can make daily anyway so trading between members to keep items online is drastically inefficient. They may or may not have more people in the trade chat. So? I either want to buy X at Y price or I don't. That doesn't prevent others from posting their own prices and items. The group merely adds clutter, but if you want to remove clutter then you need to ban people from saying things twice, which is ridiculous. Besides, most players in trade chat aren't in groups and add clutter by posting the same message with slight variations.

Besides, any other single player could also form such a group. Unless you are implying that a solo player should be able to do whatever a group is, in which case we need to make all frame abilities only work for that specific frame and make enemies drastically harder for a group of 4 so the solo player can rival the 4.

Also, do you know what a free market means? It means no rules. Very few places have an actually-free market. The market in Warframe was never free, otherwise there'd be no trading limits, no trading taxes, no mastery rank requirement, no 2-Factor Authentication requirement, and nothing we couldn't trade. This is clearly not the case. Such a case would be a bad idea. What you're implying is to make the market free by imposing a rule, which is the opposite of making it free.

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-24 at 9:49 PM, As4500 said:

Also what this person says

You say you do not care if someone profits off your back and if true then fair enough, perhaps your items sell for such small amounts that the  profit from someone reselling on in equally insignificant and so the profit is equal to your benefit of having the plat earlier?

One  point I raised  was that since the trade is swamped with resellers then selling a item you personally earned is actually harder now that it was before the epidemic, so would also not mind if the item you just sold was resold to your friend for 500p more than you received?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-25 at 2:17 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Check and track the IP/mac address if they appear more than twice (once as buyer and once as seller) on an item that raises a red flag on the players involved. Multiple flags means that the players trade history gets investigated by a human. 

Trading, reselling, buying for a friend, none of those get flagged under this system, as none of those are a problem. 

You seem to have an issue with resellers which is your issue and nobody else's. 

if they were not using VPN  to mask their alts then they wouldn't be able to trade between accounts either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LeMoog said:

You say you do not care if someone profits off your back and if true then fair enough, perhaps your items sell for such small amounts that the  profit from someone reselling on in equally insignificant and so the profit is equal to your benefit of having the plat earlier?

One  point I raised  was that since the trade is swamped with resellers then selling a item you personally earned is actually harder now that it was before the epidemic, so would also not mind if the item you just sold was resold to your friend for 500p more than you received?

As I see it, the current trade system is working as intended. If I choose to trade, I may pay high if I want something immediately. If I want a deal, I will hang around and wait for it. And if I need “cash” quickly I might sell something cheap to come up with funds. Because of these things, there is also room for players to flip items to fund their game. Truth is, some people have more time than cash, while others have more cash than time. And some people are simply frugal and like high end items for the game, without having to spend a lot of real money. Nobody is forced to play this game, buy items, sell items, or participate in the economy at all. If I sell low, and someone else takes that same item and makes a killing off of it, good for them. I chose not to spend the time to find the highest buyer. The system allows more frugal or less fortunate individuals to exchange time for plat. Whether that is grinding or working to flip items, the currency is time. And this makes plat items accessible to a wider player base than simply selling everything for a set amount of real currency. And while some people use the market to generate plat, others will be enticed to buy plat to obtain items that they don’t want to grind for, which helps fund the game.

I know perfectly well that if I want to move something instantly, selling it below market value is the way to do it. And if someone else buys that item, and takes the time to find someone willing to pay a premium, why would that upset me? And if I want to buy something without waiting, putting out or accepting an offer above market value is the way to do it. I don’t feel bad about people’s laziness. People that don’t research, want instant gratification, or don’t know how to haggle is not my concern. I am willing to accept the consequences of instant gratification, but sadly others blame the system rather than accept responsibility.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LeMoog said:

if they were not using VPN  to mask their alts then they wouldn't be able to trade between accounts either?

That's the idea. 

Also VPNs shouldn't change the devices internal MAC addresses, I'm counting on the game itself being able to check on that from within the device for identification purposes.

I included that because I know that sometimes relatives play in the same household, but for players using multiple alts on a single device, trading off to a friend before getting it back on the alt, it should flag the sequence of trades, and multiple times would be pretty blatant. Beyond that, if someone really wants to obfuscate their transactions, you won't stop them. 

The problem I envision, is that it'll be a right pain in the rear to track and store the additional data on each tradable item. 

 

Personally I figure it's not really worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's the idea. 

Also VPNs shouldn't change the devices internal MAC addresses, I'm counting on the game itself being able to check on that from within the device for identification purposes.

I included that because I know that sometimes relatives play in the same household, but for players using multiple alts on a single device, trading off to a friend before getting it back on the alt, it should flag the sequence of trades, and multiple times would be pretty blatant. Beyond that, if someone really wants to obfuscate their transactions, you won't stop them. 

The problem I envision, is that it'll be a right pain in the rear to track and store the additional data on each tradable item. 

 

Personally I figure it's not really worth it. 

mac addresses can be changeable in windows or by reflashing the nic but I understand what you mean i.e. using machine identifiable data.

 I have never tried but I would presume that warframe would run in a VM sufficient for chat and if people are determined to cheat any system then they will, since the OS and virtual hardware  are encapsulated then mac address within VM is irrelevant. DE will have invested time and resources in tying some of them down but the fact is wintel in inherently insecure and not every vulnerability can have a cure/mitigation thus  you have to just live with them. 

 

Edited by LeMoog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LordDagon said:

As I see it, the current trade system is working as intended. If I choose to trade, I may pay high if I want something immediately. If I want a deal, I will hang around and wait for it. And if I need “cash” quickly I might sell something cheap to come up with funds. Because of these things, there is also room for players to flip items to fund their game. Truth is, some people have more time than cash, while others have more cash than time. And some people are simply frugal and like high end items for the game, without having to spend a lot of real money. Nobody is forced to play this game, buy items, sell items, or participate in the economy at all. If I sell low, and someone else takes that same item and makes a killing off of it, good for them. I chose not to spend the time to find the highest buyer. The system allows more frugal or less fortunate individuals to exchange time for plat. Whether that is grinding or working to flip items, the currency is time. And this makes plat items accessible to a wider player base than simply selling everything for a set amount of real currency. And while some people use the market to generate plat, others will be enticed to buy plat to obtain items that they don’t want to grind for, which helps fund the game.

I know perfectly well that if I want to move something instantly, selling it below market value is the way to do it. And if someone else buys that item, and takes the time to find someone willing to pay a premium, why would that upset me? And if I want to buy something without waiting, putting out or accepting an offer above market value is the way to do it. I don’t feel bad about people’s laziness. People that don’t research, want instant gratification, or don’t know how to haggle is not my concern. I am willing to accept the consequences of instant gratification, but sadly others blame the system rather than accept responsibility.

Yes, the trade system allows trades and if that is the only thing that matters then fine but after all these years then I suggest it might be time to improve it, it doesn't have to be the solution I propose but DE have already changed the system to reduce annoying spam and to help the CAPS haters why not for equality.

 

As to nudging people into "acceptable" behaviour there is in WF just as much as there is in every other game, most people want to play without toxic players being able to ruin the pleasure of involvement for the majority. If I find that I cannot trade unless it is to a group that have cooped trade then personally I find that annoying, others may love it but given human nature most people do not like to think they have been cheated.

As to instant gratification then yes, it is the drive to obtain items that makes them buy plat with real money rather than obtaining it themselves via play but since one point that I was trying to deal with was the abuse of newer players  those who find obtaining parts themselves harder, have few of the items anyway and do not know how much an item should be sold for then it is fair to say resellers have more impact on newer players that old. Where the older player is mainly going to be impacted is when they attempt to sell and find that the price is effectively fixed so that resellers can make a profit when they may not actually have that item themselves.

Something as simple as extending the existing "[item]" system to sales so if you do not have it then you cannot post a selling offer in trade it would get rid of a lot of spam and effect zero legitimate sellers, you could also extend this to the buyers such that only players who have less than the amount required to craft everything with one resource can post they want to buy more. If players want to make more than  one of an item  for different builds then surely that are going to be advanced enough to obtain the parts themselves.

Trade is far from perfect and after all this time perhaps it would be worth DE's investment in cleaning it up, I for one didn't care about ALL CAPS trade posts, I saw it as a form of insanity that uppercase was infuriating, to me it is just text. When it got changed it impacted me negatively since I use capslock for crouch and my case changes all the time in game so why not a change for the benefit of normal people this time

Edited by LeMoog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeMoog said:

Yes, the trade system allows trades and if that is the only thing that matters then fine but after all these years then I suggest it might be time to improve it, it doesn't have to be the solution I propose but DE have already changed the system to reduce annoying spam and to help the CAPS haters why not for equality.

 

As to nudging people into "acceptable" behaviour there is in WF just as much as there is in every other game, most people want to play without toxic players being able to ruin the pleasure of involvement for the majority. If I find that I cannot trade unless it is to a group that have cooped trade then personally I find that annoying, others may love it but given human nature most people do not like to think they have been cheated.

As to instant gratification then yes, it is the drive to obtain items that makes them buy plat with real money rather than obtaining it themselves via play but since one point that I was trying to deal with was the abuse of newer players  those who find obtaining parts themselves harder, have few of the items anyway and do not know how much an item should be sold for then it is fair to say resellers have more impact on newer players that old. Where the older player is mainly going to be impacted is when they attempt to sell and find that the price is effectively fixed so that resellers can make a profit when they may not actually have that item themselves.

Something as simple as extending the existing "[item]" system to sales so if you do not have it then you cannot post a selling offer in trade it would get rid of a lot of spam and effect zero legitimate sellers, you could also extend this to the buyers such that only players who have less than the amount required to craft everything with one resource can post they want to buy more. If players want to make more than  one of an item  for different builds then surely that are going to be advanced enough to obtain the parts themselves.

Trade is far from perfect and after all this time perhaps it would be worth DE's investment in cleaning it up, I for one didn't care about ALL CAPS trade posts, I saw it as a form of insanity that uppercase was infuriating, to me it is just text. When it got changed it impacted me negatively since I use capslock for crouch and my case changes all the time in game so why not a change for the benefit of normal people this time

Sorry, but I think feelings of being cheated is a personal problem, rather then an issue with trade. Feeling cheated, in this case, means there is a disconnect between what you believe something is worth, and what you actually paid. Whether or not you sell/buy something at market value is completely up to you. Whether or not something is a good value is a decision you must make for yourself. If I can’t get the price I want for something, I won’t sell it. If I can’t buy for the price I want, I don’t buy it. If an item is selling for more plat than I think my time is worth, I will grind it out and obtain the item myself. Even if a group was able to corner the market for a specific item, they won’t be able to sell it for more than what people are willing to pay. For example, I don’t consider Legendary Fusion Cores a good value at the current price. Like every item on the market in this game, they aren’t a necessity. So, I don’t buy them. But if someone else did, then had buyer’s remorse, that is all on them. I don’t ever feel cheated because I don’t pay more than what I think something is worth.

Right… So, this is a free to play game. The entire business model is built around obtaining new customers and creating a desire to spend money. Mastery Rank, planet locks, Foundry timers, blueprint resources, and standing limits are all artificial barriers created by DE that they charge money to bypass. New customers spend money on things that save time or are hard to obtain unless you are experienced. End game customers are enticed to buy status and vanity items. So yes, making money on new customers is literally the whole point and the game is heavily skewed that way. $20 for a starter pack and $140 for prime access. That 2K Riven mod for sale in the market does nothing but feed the system that generates income for DE. I am not saying this is a bad thing, since it is what allows the game to be free. But DE is more than happy to sell a $140 prime access package to you every time a new prime comes out. I think it is fair to say, higher market prices just create more demand and more opportunity for DE to generate income. The system works as intended, and I am fine with it as it is. However, if you want DE to consider a change, then you would have more luck if it benefited both the players and DE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordDagon said:

Sorry, but I think feelings of being cheated is a personal problem, rather then an issue with trade. Feeling cheated, in this case, means there is a disconnect between what you believe something is worth, and what you actually paid. Whether or not you sell/buy something at market value is completely up to you. Whether or not something is a good value is a decision you must make for yourself. If I can’t get the price I want for something, I won’t sell it. If I can’t buy for the price I want, I don’t buy it. If an item is selling for more plat than I think my time is worth, I will grind it out and obtain the item myself. Even if a group was able to corner the market for a specific item, they won’t be able to sell it for more than what people are willing to pay. For example, I don’t consider Legendary Fusion Cores a good value at the current price. Like every item on the market in this game, they aren’t a necessity. So, I don’t buy them. But if someone else did, then had buyer’s remorse, that is all on them. I don’t ever feel cheated because I don’t pay more than what I think something is worth.

Right… So, this is a free to play game. The entire business model is built around obtaining new customers and creating a desire to spend money. Mastery Rank, planet locks, Foundry timers, blueprint resources, and standing limits are all artificial barriers created by DE that they charge money to bypass. New customers spend money on things that save time or are hard to obtain unless you are experienced. End game customers are enticed to buy status and vanity items. So yes, making money on new customers is literally the whole point and the game is heavily skewed that way. $20 for a starter pack and $140 for prime access. That 2K Riven mod for sale in the market does nothing but feed the system that generates income for DE. I am not saying this is a bad thing, since it is what allows the game to be free. But DE is more than happy to sell a $140 prime access package to you every time a new prime comes out. I think it is fair to say, higher market prices just create more demand and more opportunity for DE to generate income. The system works as intended, and I am fine with it as it is. However, if you want DE to consider a change, then you would have more luck if it benefited both the players and DE.

The bottom 3/4 of your  post is OFC correct however feeling cheated is a natural response to being obviously duped or excluded from the best position for reasons beyond your control.

You can with experience, see everything in this game as being freely availible given enough time but that will not be the case for newer people. As to it being a personal problem then only if you surrounded by people without empathy but regardless it is indeed a real and natural response to abuse of trust, implied or otherwise

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than limiting it completely to one trade, why not give it a time limit before you can trade again after it's been traded once? I don't think limiting an item to a single trade throughout its lifespan is a good idea because there are plenty of items and situations that require buying from others and selling the same item away, such as buying missing parts of prime sets to complete full prime sets to sell, or specifically the circulation of ignis wraith blueprints, as that would limit people to having to personally know somebody in a clan with the blueprint.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LeMoog said:

The bottom 3/4 of your  post is OFC correct however feeling cheated is a natural response to being obviously duped or excluded from the best position for reasons beyond your control.

You can with experience, see everything in this game as being freely availible given enough time but that will not be the case for newer people. As to it being a personal problem then only if you surrounded by people without empathy but regardless it is indeed a real and natural response to abuse of trust, implied or otherwise

 

I don’t believe anyone, even new players, are automatically entitled to the best position. Getting the best price for something takes effort. No individual player can control the collective market value of an item, but everyone can certainly control what they are willing to pay. The value of virtual items is merely opinion that fluctuates with supply and demand. Simply asking for more than the market value of something, or even a group of people working together to increase the market value of a rare item, doesn’t constitute as a dupe/cheat in my opinion. A simple internet search is all it takes to get an idea of current market values. Even a new player can do that much. I don’t have sympathy for those that feel cheated because they made the choice to buy something without bothering to look it up, even if they are new. Feeling cheated and being cheated are very different things, and feeling cheated is a personal problem. However, that is my opinion on the issue, and I will leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I think that Warframe's trading and premium currency are the best on the market when F2P or “small investment” players are considered. Since I have started playing I have bought Platinum once with a 75% discount to buy slots and corrupted mods (didn’t know how easy it is to fram those) everything else I have farmed for or traded and I have pretty much everything that I want i.e. all prime frames, most primed mods and even op rivens.

Warframe Market is a very well-crafted website with many in depth options. It servers its purpose very well. Trading on chat is not even that bad if you use proper filters.

I don't think that any limitations are necessary. It is much easier to break something that works with 75% efficiency than to upgrade it to be 80% efficient.

What you need is a common sense and a little bit market research before a trade.

Edited by breakdafunk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-23 at 11:49 PM, LeMoog said:

I do have a problem when they are allowed to buy up all of an item in demand and then raise the price even though I am more likely to get my own item, I also have a problem with the trade thread being flooded by them and their agents so honest traders are rolled off the screen.

That’s your problem. Not one or few players can buy up all parts of an item. There are tens of thousands of traders doing the same thing to store up any items that may be vaulted soon so later players who need them can buy them from the market. And the average sales price of any item is set by supply and demand. It self-regulates itself. If an item is too cheap, more players will buy it to raise the price. If it’s too expensive, few people will not buy it to make  it cheaper. This is the best system. It is called FREE MARKET. 

What exactly is your problem to try to mind others’ free market trading business? If you don’t like how it works, prove to us by using tens of thousands of platinum to buy up soon to vaulted items and be the biggest supplier and to sell them extremely cheap to everyone. 

List all you have and to sell them at “FAIRER” prices on trade chat. I have never seen your actual efforts to do anything to promote your good will and high moral character. 

The trading world doesn’t in work your way, a wrong way. 

 

Edited by George_PPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-28 at 12:31 AM, LordDagon said:

I don’t believe anyone, even new players, are automatically entitled to the best position. Getting the best price for something takes effort. No individual player can control the collective market value of an item, but everyone can certainly control what they are willing to pay. The value of virtual items is merely opinion that fluctuates with supply and demand. Simply asking for more than the market value of something, or even a group of people working together to increase the market value of a rare item, doesn’t constitute as a dupe/cheat in my opinion. A simple internet search is all it takes to get an idea of current market values. Even a new player can do that much. I don’t have sympathy for those that feel cheated because they made the choice to buy something without bothering to look it up, even if they are new. Feeling cheated and being cheated are very different things, and feeling cheated is a personal problem. However, that is my opinion on the issue, and I will leave it at that.

It is however the feeling of being cheated that makes for bad feeling and hence toxicity, whilst you say it is not a real thing I say I have seen it daily

 

Edited by LeMoog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely not, you can participate in resale and that is available to you as well as others, if you can’t accept that people are going to make a lot of platinum doing what they are doing then you should ignore the trade system altogether, you can be successful with some cunning, and good timing and good knowledge of the part rotations, buying a NINKONDI riven a month ago for instance as soon as the waking leak came in would now see you a 800% markup in price value. Glaxion godrolls are cheap, but then suddenly the special version was released and I saw them going at 1500, 2000p for 4 weeks, now the rose covered glasses are off and it’s less shiny, the weapon is still trash, and people have made someone blindly very rich. You don’t have to trade between alts to make lots of platinum, and getting rid of that would be good, BUT stopping ALL resale of items is ABSOLUTELY THE END OF THE TRADE SYSTEM. It would be cataclysmic. The root of the problem is the exploits, you can make platinum if you participate in resale as much as anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand the feeling of betrayal, but what i dont see is what you are gifting that they are turning around to sell? If you sell something to someone what happens to it after is no longer your concern. But i guess thats just me, unless you read all these other posts...

-McGrynn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...