Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Plains of Eidolon] Finding drones is unnecessarily difficult

Ailith

I just spent about 15 minutes searching looking for the "hack the drone" objective for a Plague Star run and finally decide to abort mission because I just could not find it. It's dark, it's rainy, the search area (yellow radius) basically covers the entirety of a hill-top base, and it's impossible to distinguish a tiny, grey drone from one of the dozens of tiny, grey rocks in the area. Even flying low over the area several times with my archwing, it was nowhere to be seen.

A simple QoL solution is this: A downed Grineer drone should be in "S.O.S." mode with a blinking red light and maybe giving off an audio signal like the 'chirp' of Seeker Drones. At least that way there's something to follow rather than running around blind, hoping you trip over the damn thing.

Edited by Ailith
  • Like 4

Yeah, finding the drone can be very frustrating. My first Plague Star run took a long time because I had forgotten what the drone looks like (I rarely do bounties) and it took me like 10 minutes to find it. I'd love if it made a sound like the caches or if the search area would get smaller / bigger based on how close I am.. or just something that made the drone easier to spot

1 hour ago, (PS4)neuronus20 said:

The circle showing the searching area is misleading becuse drone always spawns in the middle of it (for me at least). So if you happen to have a problem with finding a drone check the centre first.

I mean, it feels like they have been at the dead center of the circle every time I've done them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ailith said:

I just spent about 15 minutes searching looking for the "hack the drone" objective for a Plague Star run and finally decide to abort mission because I just could not find it. It's dark, it's rainy, the search area (yellow radius) basically covers the entirety of a hill-top base, and it's impossible to distinguish a tiny, grey drone from one of the dozens of tiny, grey rocks in the area. Even flying low over the area several times with my archwing, it was nowhere to be seen.

A simple QoL solution is this: A downed Grineer drone should be in "S.O.S." mode with a blinking red light and maybe giving off an audio signal like the 'chirp' of Seeker Drones. At least that way there's something to follow rather than running around blind, hoping you trip over the damn thing.

Um actually it is VERY easy to find the drones. The drone is always at the exact center of the Yellow Radius, so if you just walk into the center of the yellow circle, boom, there it is.

It's not hard, just look at where you are on the minimap and check that you're in the center of the yellow circle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ailith said:

I just spent about 15 minutes searching looking for the "hack the drone" objective for a Plague Star run and finally decide to abort mission because I just could not find it.

Each objective has an map indicator and location flag to lead the Players to its location.

It's dark, it's rainy, the search area (yellow radius) basically covers the entirety of a hill-top base, and it's impossible to distinguish a tiny, grey drone from one of the dozens of tiny, grey rocks in the area. Even flying low over the area several times with my archwing, it was nowhere to be seen.

If you go to the center of the yellow radius, you will find the drone with no difficulties. 

On a side note:

Each warframe does have a light that turns on at random dark locations, but it can not be activated by the Player.

Edited by xV3NOMx

11 hours ago, (PS4)neuronus20 said:

The circle showing the searching area is misleading becuse drone always spawns in the middle of it (for me at least). So if you happen to have a problem with finding a drone check the centre first.

I can confirm that - always spawns in the center of the circle.

On 2019-06-24 at 2:51 PM, Ailith said:

Just FYI, they always (at least every single time I've done them) spawn in the exact middle of the circle, on the yellow marker.