Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index vs Profit Taker

Lutesque

Well ? 

Which is more profitable credit wise at different stages of one's Progression ?

Obviously for Profit Taker to even be considered you have to be using Chroma.... not just for the Speed Runs but also for the Credit Bonus from Effigy. 

I ask this because a friend  gave me a big boost that allowed me to do The Profit Taker early than expected.....  that being said.... with no Spoiler Mode Arcanes and only Arcane nullifiers I have to use Energy/Health Restores to do this fight.... wich Costs Credits....

Is this a practical way to get credits this early ?

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Is this a practical way to get credits this early ?

PT: 125k ~ 5minutes (including loading times and minor mistakes)

H Index: 200k ~ 5 minutes

You can leech/get carried in both

edit: don't you have to be at Phase 4 to be able to challenge PT? I know for sure Index just needs 50k entry fee which can be grinded in 10 minutes 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Well yeah this is why I suggested Chroma and Effigy. He has the potential to increase credits up to 250 000.....

You can also bring your pet into The Profit Taker Fight but not into index.... which is good for  Smeeta Kavat enthusiasts since theres a teeny tiny chance they will get 500 000 Credits from both The Effigy and Charm..... naturally we have to factor in time because Kitty is going to die and you have to lose time in order to revive them.... so its no longer 5 Minutes.... I still have to fully upgrade my Link mods.

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

edit: don't you have to be at Phase 4 to be able to challenge PT? I know for sure Index just needs 50k entry fee which can be grinded in 10 minutes 

You can double Profit Taker credits with Effigy and Charm, can't do that with Index credits.

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Effigy

2 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Effigy and Charm,

not worth the hassle imho. Index is way more chill if you don't have Randumbs

I dedicated one double credit weekend to the Index and ended up with 120 million. I'm pretty sure I will never to grind any credits again (except I decide to buy hundreds of Pedestal Primes...)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

not worth the hassle imho. Index is way more chill if you don't have Randumbs

But we do have Randoms.... 

However thats not really the issue. The biggest problem with The Index is they replaced one of the Maps with that dark Gas City rework tile and I don't know about you but that level is definitely not Chill.... even with Average Damage and Awful Survivability I find the spider to be less stressful.... 

I don't know....that maybe because atleast I can Solo Profit Taker.... 

2 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Also if you catch the thermia fractures and has credit bonus that is even better

I missed that one by a few days 😞

now I have to wait.....

lol..... I found it funny that twice now the event ended before we got it under control....that event needs sonething to incentivise players to come back to it after they already got their Opticor Vandals...

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But we do have Randoms....

Randoms  Randumbs :p

the first are still helpfull

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

they replaced one of the Maps with that dark Gas City rework tile

Ah, didn't know that. Like said I had 120 mill some months ago and still sitting on 99.8 mill. Which one did they replace? The good ice one or the bad small one?

If they replaced the Ice map...yeah that sucks indeed then and PT becomes more attractive 😄

I think Index is better.

It takes less investment, gear- and time-wise (fortuna standing), and saves you from multiple load times.

Playing solo, I can complete 5~7 rounds in High Risk Index in 15 minutes with a 2-forma Nova Prime and a gun to charge Anti-matter drop (I use a 6-forma Fulmin, but there are other guns that should take less formas, like shotguns).

38 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

the bad small one

This one.... the replaced it with something ALOT bigger..... and I hate it man.... I really hate it....

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I think Index is better.

It takes less investment, gear- and time-wise (fortuna standing), and saves you from multiple load times.

Playing solo, I can complete 5~7 rounds in High Risk Index in 15 minutes with a 2-forma Nova Prime and a gun to charge Anti-matter drop (I use a 6-forma Fulmin, but there are other guns that should take less formas, like shotguns).

I think this is the sort of response I was waiting to see.....

In my case I did High Risk Index with Octavia.....

Oh yeah that reminds me.... Earlier yesterday I noticed somethiny with Effigy..... I haven't nailed down exactly where behind the Profit Taker's Ass The Loot Falls to.... and my sentinel dies twice half way through phase 1.... that means no Vaccum.....

If my Effigu isn't on point then it will be too far away to Buff the credits I pick up....

So I had to potato my Kitty and slap 2 Forma on her and use whatever credits I had to upgrade link Armor..... shes an Adarza so no Credit Bonus but really being able to suck in those Credits without having to stray too far from Effigy is all I need.... Also More Orange Crits are always welcome.....

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh yeah that reminds me.... Earlier yesterday I noticed somethiny with Effigy..... I haven't nailed down exactly where behind the Profit Taker's Ass The Loot Falls to.... and my sentinel dies twice half way through phase 1.... that means no Vaccum.....

If only there was a sentinel that never really died... Hmm, yeah, if only...

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I think they mean Djinn with Reawaken. Mods for Sentinels from the Synth set might help too.

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

He knows, he's being a wiseguy.

LoL.... true....

You already know what I think about Djinn so point in repeating that here....