Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas rework idea

Brey223

Before I post please don’t turn this topic into a meme war. 

so I was thinking of how to rework atlas. 1st ability: toss a boulder at an enemy that’ll do damage and slow them from a swamp that opens up at their feet. 2nd ability: cover yourself in rocks making you immune for a few seconds. After the duration you summon golems with health and damage based on the damage received. 3rd ability would work like the petrifying gaze but be a drain over time aura that would slow and eventually petrify the enemies the longer they stay in. 4th ability is exalted rock fists that grant damage reduction up to 90% based on the rubble you create from dead enemies. Passive is status immunity as long as you’re on the ground.

5 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Atlas already has the strongest passive in the game in the form of a free mod. Giving him more in that regard is bananas. 

How’s a free mod going to compare to Mesa, Saryn, Wisp?

No, a good passive isn’t enough to be viable.

Not only can those 3 frames deal more damage than atlas, they all have superior survivability.

Not a tank, not a nuke, not a support.

Rework necessary.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

How’s a free mod going to compare to Mesa, Saryn, Wisp?

No, a good passive isn’t enough to be viable.

Not only can those 3 frames deal more damage than atlas, they all have superior survivability.

Not a tank, not a nuke, not a support.

Rework necessary.

Just more out of curiosity, but how exactly do those frames have more survivability than Atlas? I mean... Saryn also has a free mod passive, but that one is kinda meh to what Atlas gets. 

They may deal more damage below Sortie, but once you get past that you see how good Atlas actually is, because then he can outdamage them easily due to the fact that he can take a punch to the face and shrug it off like it's nothing.  

29 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Just more out of curiosity, but how exactly do those frames have more survivability than Atlas? I mean... Saryn also has a free mod passive, but that one is kinda meh to what Atlas gets. 

They may deal more damage below Sortie, but once you get past that you see how good Atlas actually is, because then he can outdamage them easily due to the fact that he can take a punch to the face and shrug it off like it's nothing.  

Mesa reduces projectile damage by 95%

Wisp boosts her own health and gets constant health regen, teamed with the CC from her 3 she can be very hard to kill.

Saryn makes a decoy that draws fire off of her, teamed with the “micro-stun” from her 4 and she can be very hard to kill.

“Once you get past there,” lol.

I use Saryn and Mesa both in Sortie, ESO and Arbitration. I’m very familiar with how survivable they can be “above sortie level.”

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Mesa reduces projectile damage by 95%

Wisp boosts her own health and gets constant health regen, teamed with the CC from her 3 she can be very hard to kill.

Saryn makes a decoy that draws fire off of her, teamed with the “micro-stun” from her 4 and she can be very hard to kill.

“Once you get past there,” lol.

I use Saryn and Mesa both in Sortie, ESO and Arbitration. I’m very familiar with how survivable they can be “above sortie level.”

Well, I play all 4 frames in Arbitrations exclusively, and I know how things go towards the one hour mark or in 30 digs deep Excavs. 

Surely all those things help, but that 3000 armor Atlas has(not even topped up on the passive) easily comes on top of it all. 

As soon as ai gets fixed Atlas will be best frame... 

My helminth charger misses stationary targets.. Petrified'n all.. But with it leaching on a Rubico p, it's sitting at 92% critical chance.. It can hit 250k on bleed inflicted targets. 

But it goddamned misses! So it fails to heal the tankiest raw armor frame in the game! Beast Master Atlas would be unstoppable!!! 

Lol the rock healing & armor does have a fall off point as the enemies die slower... And planning proc's with petrify isn't always fun. 

46 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

As soon as ai gets fixed Atlas will be best frame... 

My helminth charger misses stationary targets.. Petrified'n all.. But with it leaching on a Rubico p, it's sitting at 92% critical chance.. It can hit 250k on bleed inflicted targets. 

But it goddamned misses! So it fails to heal the tankiest raw armor frame in the game! Beast Master Atlas would be unstoppable!!! 

Lol the rock healing & armor does have a fall off point as the enemies die slower... And planning proc's with petrify isn't always fun. 

Valkyr P and Valkyr have more armour than Atlas. You can use heavy crit melee(Gram P as the 1 benefits from melee mods) to deal damage to petrified enemies, or just bank down on the 1, as it deals bonus damage and it gives bonus rubble. It's good, try it. Sniper is not a bad idea, but I think the punch is mostly better, especially after you build up some melee counter. 

8 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Valkyr P and Valkyr have more armour than Atlas. You can use heavy crit melee(Gram P as the 1 benefits from melee mods) to deal damage to petrified enemies, or just bank down on the 1, as it deals bonus damage and it gives bonus rubble. It's good, try it. Sniper is not a bad idea, but I think the punch is mostly better, especially after you build up some melee counter. 

Oh I run Shaku with Shattering impact, it strips armor regardless, and as a raw impact weapon primed heavy trauma. It's very effective. 

Atlas has more armor because of rock armor. 

The reason I was thinking of this is just as someone stated above, you hardly if ever see someone playing atlas unless they’re doing some one punch man meme. I seriously hope they give him a nezha or wukong level rework to make him up there with the rest of them. 

I don't think Atlas will get another rework so soon. If anything he may get stat adjustments for how rubble works by adding spillover health to armor, increasing the cap, or decreasing decay so you keep your armor for longer.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The problem is that his rework, like Nyx’s, isn’t up to par with Wukong’s and they both NEED to be.

User feedback and statistics likely back this.

Honestly when DE reworks there should be a period where they look at the communities response to the rework and then tweak from there for a better one.