Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's using viper?

TeaHawk

I've been monkeying around with the Viper Wraith. Popped a couple Forma on and have been experimenting. For a while it made its way into a Vigorous Swap setup I had going on since it can empty its whole clip in a few seconds, which is cool. It's also got the Syndicate mod for extra damage and effects.

Maybe they just did a math nerf for its Rivens? Could be that it outclasses other single-handed machine secondaries. Idk.

11 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

the only reason they could have for nerfing riven dispo is if  they are planning to release an augment or new version of it that would make it kinda OP.

That would be really damn fine but I doubt it. To my mind some dumb jerk just found out that to his taste rd was too high. And he nerfed it without even calculating dps/playing with this weapon. Same S#&$ for embolyst. A dumb straight forward unexplained unseasoned nerf done by some clunky ignorant spastic.

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

It was me, Dio!

Rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Maybe they just did a math nerf for its Rivens?

I really really doubt on that. I've done my calculations. Same could not be said about the one behind the nerf. This arsehole had no idea what he was doing.

22 hours ago, Oreades said:

It was me, Dio!

Dang it Dio! Stop using Viper!

Jokes aside, I guess DE nerf Viper's disposition solely based on how many players own the weapon. But owning the weapon doesn't mean players actually use it. There's probably a lot of Viper Wraith collecting dust in the inventory.

• Like 2

I use the riven Viper Wraith for 2 reasons: (1) It has a god roll and (2) it's the only non-beam automatic hitscan weapon with a syndicate proc in the game. Think of it like a hitscan Telos Boltor that can't use Hunter Munitions. It's all about the quality of life.

Having said that, even with my nearly perfect roll it's only a little bit stronger than non-riven Akstiletto Prime in terms of raw dps, and at high level Akstiletto Prime is significantly better due to having status. I have no idea why the riven has been nerfed twice. Even if Vipers have seen increased usage, I don't think the riven nerf is reasonable or necessary. It's like nerfing gorgon rivens. Yea you might see some usage variation, but Stradavar and Tiberon still eat it alive.

Edited by Neightrix

42 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

(2) it's the only non-beam automatic hitscan weapon with a syndicate proc in the game.

Furis would like to have a word with you.

Furis lifesteal augment is so good that I can't see why anybody would carry a viper unless they have a Riven that makes it downright bonkers.  The Furis isn't the king of killing, but it's gotta be the king, or close to it, of quality of life secondaries.

But yeah, losing riven disposition on a weapon like the viper or gorgon is a clear demonstration of why a popularity contest is a dumb way to try to balance content.

• Like 1

i've been using it for a bit ( viper wraith ) and i can say it's not a bad weapon at all.

it's very satisfying to use, expecially when you know what makes it shine:

1) don't modify (increase) fire rate: more firerate breaks the sound and animations, as they appear un-synced, giving you the impression of having shot less rounds than you did, leading to frustration.  it feels an ok-ish tradeoff using the +crit chance -fire rate corrupted mod when using the 60/60 fire rate multishot

2) tap and burst fire: unlike the twin vipers which are just an unnecessary (waste of bullets and inventory slot), the recoil is both realistic and rewarding if you don't spray and pray

3) use with armor stripping warfrrames ( i suggest Nyx) or team of 3-4 CP AND use a build made like this:

damage+dual prime crit mods+primed heat damage+ viral from dual status mods+ multishot+(add utility you want).

i don't like buffing frames ( rhino, mirage and others), it feels like cheating while using a moltitude of game mechanics ( weapon mods, warframe abilities, status effects, enemy resistance) is much more rewarding than just get a big fat damage multiplier.

same setup works with other weapons too, i do this will all underperforming weapons i like.

8 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

t's very satisfying to use, expecially when you know what makes it shine:

Exactly. That's a very satisfying weapon. And I don't use fire rate increasing mods except one with multi shot as well. However if you take a look at dps it's not something you may take to end game. Such a shame.

Generally I'm using pure corrosive build. It's fun to explode Noxes with a couple of bullets right in the head. Reminds me of killing buldozers with micro-uzi in PayDay 2.

On 2019-07-11 at 5:12 PM, yles9056 said:

Dang it Dio! Stop using Viper!

Jokes aside, I guess DE nerf Viper's disposition solely based on how many players own the weapon. But owning the weapon doesn't mean players actually use it. There's probably a lot of Viper Wraith collecting dust in the inventory.

What if they nerfed it's dispo cause someone named their Viper, Dio?

Name it back, please. That nonesense should end. I'm so tired of spamming stupid saryn spores and shooting staticor in every direction without aiming. Such a dull stultifying game-play it is. How people can do this on daily basis? It's not even gameplay anymore. Buff my viper. Please.