Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Pray for me folks, I just made fun of Dark Souls invaders, I expect to be buried in hate mail within the hour.

I guess you could say, you will feel the Wrath of the Gods...

Laughs hysterically at own joke.

28 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I was only off by 24 hours from my Prime announcement prediction! My crystal ball is getting better.

Prime Access related stuff is always on Tuesday so far as I recall. Memorable since it was never actually on "update day", not that such a thing even remotely exists anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Prime Access related stuff is always on Tuesday so far as I recall. Memorable since it was never actually on "update day", not that such a thing even remotely exists anymore.

I see, I was not aware that was a thing. I have been enlightened by the Great Sage himself! 😄

So I'm guessing that means Patch days are Wed or Thursday then.  

How ya holding up? Just a few more days till Friday.

Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

So I'm guessing that means Patch days are Wed or Thursday then.  

Traditionally Wednesday was update day, with frequent "Tenno Reinforcement" releases and major updates released then to attempt hotfixes before the weekend.

I can't actually remember the last time there was a "Tenno Reinforcement"... Caustacyst possibly.

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

How ya holding up?

Customer service is exhausting, soon as this leg is unbuggered I'll be glad to see the back of it. Yourself?

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Customer service is exhausting, soon as this leg is unbuggered I'll be glad to see the back of it. Yourself?

Bout the same honestly. Gonna have to get in to see my Chiropractor soon. Necks buggered itself again. Two car accidents in the past they find ya one way or the other.

1 hour ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Bout the same honestly. Gonna have to get in to see my Chiropractor soon. Necks buggered itself again. Two car accidents in the past they find ya one way or the other.

I have to find a chiropractor.  Shockingly difficult considering I don't want one that claims to "cure" various chronic issues like PCOS, Autism or cancer with the magical healing of bone cracking. 

Maybe I should just go to a massage therapist.  Shame I can't get my insurance to pay for a physical trainer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I have to find a chiropractor.  Shockingly difficult considering I don't want one that claims to "cure" various chronic issues like PCOS, Autism or cancer with the magical healing of bone cracking. 

Maybe I should just go to a massage therapist.  Shame I can't get my insurance to pay for a physical trainer.

Massage is an excellent choice. My sister is a massage therapist who deals mostly with car accidents and physical injury, and I also see a massage therapist who is also an acupuncturist. Before covid I got massage once a month and it made a huge difference. But yes finding a good Chiropractor is difficult I have only trust two in my life. 

I have a question for native US/Canadian English speakers. DE Helen wrote this in her Inaros Prime PA announcement:

"Inaros Prime leaves their ancient resting place to arrive with the brutal Panthera Prime, elegant Karyst Prime and much more."

Inaros is obviously male, so she could have just written "his" instead of "their", which is the neutral form, but didn't. I've already heard an American Twitch streamer using the same gender neutral personal pronoun as he described what a woman did (he mentioned he was talking about a woman). 

So my question is, is talking like that common? Or they just did it accidentally? Am I missing something? I aim to keep my English knowledge up to date.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I have a question for native US/Canadian English speakers. DE Helen wrote this in her Inaros Prime PA announcement:

"Inaros Prime leaves their ancient resting place to arrive with the brutal Panthera Prime, elegant Karyst Prime and much more."

Inaros is obviously male, so she could have just written "his" instead of "their", which is the neutral form, but didn't. I've already heard an American Twitch streamer using the same gender neutral personal pronoun as he described what a woman did (he mentioned he was talking about a woman). 

So my question is, is talking like that common? Or they just did it accidentally? Am I missing something? I aim to keep my English knowledge up to date.

This would take a bit to cover and I have to head to bed.

But Canada has some laws concerning pronoun usage in gender identity. I infer that she is just being as neutral as possible out of habit in respect to that. Or it could just be her choice to do so.

You can read about the law here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_to_amend_the_Canadian_Human_Rights_Act_and_the_Criminal_Code#:~:text=The law amends the Criminal,gender identity or gender expression.

As for the reason she chose "their" we would have to ask her directly.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I default to gender neutral because it's easier and makes more sense to me.  Either or is fine, honestly, as it isn't inaccurate.  He and she are also they. 

If you want to dig into the motivation behind usage of gender neutral terminology that's, uh, uhg.  

20 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

@DeMonkey

@MagPrime 

Just got email notifications that Tennocon physical package was sent. So check your emails for tracking. XD

You glorious human being, thank you!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

This would take a bit to cover and I have to head to bed.

But Canada has some laws concerning pronoun usage in gender identity. I infer that she is just being as neutral as possible out of habit in respect to that. Or it could just be her choice to do so.

You can read about the law here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_to_amend_the_Canadian_Human_Rights_Act_and_the_Criminal_Code#:~:text=The law amends the Criminal,gender identity or gender expression.

As for the reason she chose "their" we would have to ask her directly.

Wow this is actually really interesting, I didn't know about the existence of this law, thanks for sharing!

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I default to gender neutral because it's easier and makes more sense to me.  Either or is fine, honestly, as it isn't inaccurate.  He and she are also they. 

So you prefer using "they" instead of "he" and "she"? You know, the direction the English language is heading with this trend is intriguing. There are languages where there aren't any male or female pronouns, just a universal one which is used for both. I wonder if in, let's say, a hundred years English will become a language like this. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

In the context of Warframes it makes more sense to not assign gender to them since they don't really have the same functions as organic males and females. They may look male or female, but they don't reproduce so assigning male or female roles to them isn't as necessary. It could be attributed to PC culture and trying to not offend someone that's trans, gender neutral, gender fluid, etc. 

Vehicles are sometimes called she or her so that kind of thing could apply as well since Warframes blur the line between a machine and a person. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

In the context of Warframes it makes more sense to not assign gender to them since they don't really have the same functions as organic males and females. They may look male or female, but they don't reproduce so assigning male or female roles to them isn't as necessary. It could be attributed to PC culture and trying to not offend someone that's trans, gender neutral, gender fluid, etc. 

This kinda makes sense... Made me think about if any personal pronouns are used in Inaros' profile video, had to look it up because I couldn't remember. And it is, Lotus calls Inaros "he", and also "king". So while warframes can't procreate, they obviously appear to be male or female (except for you know who 😀), and Lotus talks about them as such. Probably Tahir is right here and Helen was so used to speaking in pc terms, she didn't even realize what she wrote. 

Edit: checked Protea's video to see if they changed their approach on naming gender/sex when it comes to a warframe, but no, Protea is referred to as a "she".

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Wow this is actually really interesting, I didn't know about the existence of this law, thanks for sharing!

So you prefer using "they" instead of "he" and "she"? You know, the direction the English language is heading with this trend is intriguing. There are languages where there aren't any male or female pronouns, just a universal one which is used for both. I wonder if in, let's say, a hundred years English will become a language like this. 

English is constantly evolving.  The English our grandparents speak isn't identical to what we speak to even what our kids will speak when they hit our ages. 

I personally don't see an issue with gender neutrality but I also don't see the point of my gender being a main facet of my personality. 

15 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

English is constantly evolving.  The English our grandparents speak isn't identical to what we speak to even what our kids will speak when they hit our ages. 

I personally don't see an issue with gender neutrality but I also don't see the point of my gender being a main facet of my personality. 

While I don’t see an issue with gender neutrality and gender NOT being the main idea of someone’s personality I just feel like trying to be homongonus  or however it’s spelled towards these things is kinda weird. Like I don’t care about inaros being a they them. But in terms of lore I’m pretty sure he was called a he in warframes own lore once calling them kings of the desert  so it’s like confusing to me. Also I’m pretty sure the frames don’t have names rather then the names of the tenno / warriors that used them. And their prime variants are like the frames in their original “primed” which is which is why we have primes. That last part is just how it helps me tie up the warframe lore though and personal speculation since indeed the frames don’t have genders .

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This kinda makes sense... Made me think about if any personal pronouns are used in Inaros' profile video, had to look it up because I couldn't remember. And it is, Lotus calls Inaros "he", and also "king". So while warframes can't procreate, they obviously appear to be male or female (except for you know who 😀), and Lotus talks about them as such. Probably Tahir is right here and Helen was so used to speaking in pc terms, she didn't even realize what she wrote. 

Calling them he or she is easy and some are obviously male or female. Rhino and Wisp for examples. It could also draw from the fact of what they were before they were turned into Warframes. Referring to them in a neutral way isn't wrong either though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

True and true. We once listened to an ancient voice recording in history class, it was a speech given in the parliament by a politician. I can't remember correctly, but I think it was nearly a hundred years old or so. And he just spoke S O  S L O W L Y. Our world became so fast in the last decades, our way of speaking changed! And there are also the little things, words become extinct and new ones emerge.

I personally don't care if someone is male or female, or what kind of partner they prefer, unless I don't want to be that partner. Being feminine is a part of who I am, but wouldn't emphasize it as the most important factor in my personality. It's rather something kind of "floating" above all personality traits - it isn't in the foreground, but has it's trace on most of my behaviour.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Calling them he or she is easy and some are obviously male or female. Rhino and Wisp for examples. It could also draw from the fact of what they were before they were turned into Warframes. Referring to them in a neutral way isn't wrong either though. 

Yeah, most of the frames are obviously male or female (Rhino and Wisp being prime examples). I don't say referring to them in neutral form is wrong though, just wanted to unravel this grammatical mystery!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

True and true. We once listened to an ancient voice recording in history class, it was a speech given in the parliament by a politician. I can't remember correctly, but I think it was nearly a hundred years old or so. And he just spoke S O  S L O W L Y. Our world became so fast in the last decades, our way of speaking changed! And there are also the little things, words become extinct and new ones emerge.

I personally don't care if someone is male or female, or what kind of partner they prefer, unless I don't want to be that partner. Being feminine is a part of who I am, but wouldn't emphasize it as the most important factor in my personality. It's rather something kind of "floating" above all personality traits - it isn't in the foreground, but has it's trace on most of my behaviour.

I couldn't live in the southern US, so many people talk so slowly there. I had no problems understanding people and being understood when I visited Boston, Scotland, and Ireland since I speak a bit fast. Even people where I live swear there's no way I was born here lol 

I have this same idea, people can live their lives and if it has nothing to do with me and doesn't hurt anyone I don't care. People shouldn't be expected to act a certain way, men can be more thoughtful and care for people while women can take on male dominated jobs and do things that aren't considered lady like. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

While I don’t see an issue with gender neutrality and gender being the main idea of someone’s personality I just feel like trying to be homongonus  or however it’s spelled towards these things is kinda weird. Like I don’t care about inaros being a they them. But in terms of lore I’m pretty sure he was called a he in warframes own lore once calling them kings of the desert  so it’s like confusing to me. Also I’m pretty sure the frames don’t have names rather then the names of the tenno / warriors that used them. And their prime variants are like the frames in their original “primed” which is which is why we have primes. That last part is just how it helps me tie up the warframe lore though and personal speculation since indeed the frames don’t have genders .

While Inaros has been identified as he in lore, they is still accurate though.  

I was trying to avoid assuming motivation for gender neutral terminology for others, I can only speak for mine.  I'd rather assume something less nefarious for the usage of their tbh, as it's entirely possible it's just habit for them like it is for me. 

As to gender not being a facet of my personality, I'm in no way saying it shouldn't be for others as well.  ^_^

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm actually trying to find some free linguistics and etimology courses online lol in find it kind of neat how languages evolve. 

For me, yeah, I have female bits but due to various things, it's not a thing that I think about.  I'm just me lol kurt obsession with genitalia and matching clothes as a species and society is just so weird to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Yeah, most of the frames are obviously male or female (Rhino and Wisp being prime examples). I don't say referring to them in neutral form is wrong though, just wanted to unravel this grammatical mystery!

Fair enough lol 

Another time I've seen this kind of grammar used is in Borderlands 3 with FL4K since it's a robot. So any time they'd call him he they say they or their. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

People shouldn't be expected to act a certain way, men can be more thoughtful and care for people while women can take on male dominated jobs and do things that aren't considered lady like. 

Interestingly the people who suffer the most because of gender stereotypes are the "feminine" men. While conservative people may be against a woman who does a "manly" job, they accept it more easily, because those "manly" jobs are highly respected, and a woman wanting more respect makes sense to them. But a man, giving up his status by becoming a kindergarten teacher, or nurse? That's something they tolerate even less, because it absolutely makes no sense to them.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Interestingly the people who suffer the most because of gender stereotypes are the "feminine" men. While conservative people may be against a woman who does a "manly" job, they accept it more easily, because those "manly" jobs are highly respected, and a woman wanting more respect makes sense to them. But a man, giving up his status by becoming a kindergarten teacher, not a nurse? That's something they tolerate even less, because it absolutely makes no sense to them.

I'd disagree, not so much about it being bad for men, but about men accepting a masculine woman more readily than a feminine man. There are different problems to deal with between the two of them, I'm not sure one is worse or easier than the other. There are a whole bunch of stereotypes for "manly" women and they still struggle to get into more physical jobs or break the glass ceiling so to speak.