Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should also be little Focus items you can pick up like Syndicate Medallions or Ayatan Stars.

ShortbusGangster

If you have ever looked into building your operators, it gets a little scary after you complete your first way-bound. Increasing your pool also starts getting rather expensive. Completing your build starts to get into the tens of millions of focus. 
Semi rare medallion with a fair focus value (Not ayatan rare, but not basic resources common. Maybeeee, Argon Crystal rare?) Not exactly a sustainable method of farming, obviously not equal to or better than ESO or Adaro but certainly a helping hand especially for new operators. 

A lot of people hate operators because they're weak and nearly useless at first. Probably a good few of those people don't even bother with upgrading their operators because of that. 
Lootable focus medallions I would believe will bring attention to operator powers for these people. 

These would also cushion the burn on Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and Adaro spam for those serious about Operator completion. 

And hey what about Nightwave? It's turning out pretty cool. How about some Focus rewards there, Orokin Nightwave come The New War release?? 

Potenciador-de-Enfoque-Focus-Booster.png
This thing exists.

And I believe devs wanted the Eidolons to be the main focus source, you earn tons of focus doing those. ESO and Adaro are probably just alternatives provided for those who doesn't wanna do Eidolons.

Also you said "serious about operator completion" but doesn't wanna use the operator? Huh???

You need around 52 million focus points to max out every node and unbound way bounds and fill up the focus energy pool (that's roughly around 300 tridolons or months of grinding by maxing up the daily cap).

Don't forget The New War might add some new nodes to the focus tree due to the fact that operator gameplay or focus updates ties to big story quest making the grind to max operator even longer.

I wouldn't mind a small pickup that is worth around 1000 focus points that is around ayatan amber star rarity so players aren't forced to do those 2 gamemodes if they want to passively level up their operators.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShortbusGangster said:

A lot of people hate operators because they're weak and nearly useless at first. Probably a good few of those people don't even bother with upgrading their operators because of that.

I'm one of them. I mean... I don't really hate them but I never understood how they work. I collect the focus and put it at random but I don't understand how to use it. It's confusing. 😕

9 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

I'm one of them. I mean... I don't really hate them but I never understood how they work. I collect the focus and put it at random but I don't understand how to use it. It's confusing. 😕

plenty of guides on youtube or just check the wiki

First and foremost is that every piece of gear should come with it's own lens equipped. I never knew how to even get focus if not looking at that action sub tab during modding. So for new players, they're not going to get ANY focus at all since 1)You have to equip a lens, 2)Lens are random rewards from Cetus Bounties 3)Why is it even important to enhance the operator.

The immediate problem with this idea that I can see is that it's based on Affinity. So beyond the Convergence things, you can pick up actual Affinity Orbs and that will give you a portion of the value as Focus.

What this also means is that by picking up anything that would give you Focus, DE would have to base it on an item that is not only nothing to do with Affinity (because to get 1000 Focus you would get a minimum of around 44.4k Affinity, based on having an Eidolon Lens equipped, but 80k if assuming a regular Lens... which is kind of broken since even with a Booster, the regular Affinity Orbs only give you 400 to split amongst your gear), but would need to be included in the Daily Cap since it's a random drop not a mission reward, and not bypass the cap like the Shards can.

When the only thing this drop item would achieve is help you hit Cap faster, is it really so helpful? I mean, there are builds and guides that net you 70k Affinity on average per run, for a run to Cap making you only take around twenty minutes if you're doing them fast. I quite like the Silence Banshee route myself, it's just so much faster when you take her to the high-level Grineer Spy stuff where enemies spawn more than on the Exterminate...

Still, the point is there; DE wouldn't let random drops that aren't specific mission-related items grant you Focus that goes beyond your cap, so all you'd do is hit cap a little faster in each day. This wouldn't actually speed up your Focus gains over time.

Would be nice, but also at this point barely any of the operator trees are worth using at all, and even then its usually only for 1-2 nodes other than waybound cut the nodea just arent worth it and in some cases just hinder you more than help. 

If we get something like focus pickups, sure hope it comes with some skill changes else it still really wont be worth investing in

I think there need to be more ways to earn focus in general.

Earning focus from affinity would make sense if affinity weren't so unbalanced (plus conversion orb spawns unpredictably), and Eidolon is just straight up worse being time locked and a monotonous gear-check. The focus grind is just sooo bad, I really hope we get some improvement in The New War and Duviri.

14 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

First and foremost is that every piece of gear should come with it's own lens equipped. I never knew how to even get focus if not looking at that action sub tab during modding. So for new players, they're not going to get ANY focus at all since 1)You have to equip a lens, 2)Lens are random rewards from Cetus Bounties 3)Why is it even important to enhance the operator.

Yup! While we're at it, I'd also like to make them universal. Start each item with a Lens already installed, which will generate Focus for a tree of the player's choice. Said player can then upgrade the item to a Greater Lens, and eventually to an Eidolon Lens. Since a single Lens type could be used to generate Focus for any School, this would then constitute a permanent upgrade to item, the same as a Catalyst/Reactor. Would be worth paying Plat for that way, as well as worth bothering to earn normally. That right there would fix a lot of the more common issues with generating Focus without also affecting high-end, optimal Focus farming practices.

Basically, giving every item a basic universal Lens would help newer and more casual players achieve a decent rate of progression without letting min/maxers and power gamers break the system any more than they already do.