Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armored Agility as exilus

Lazarow

Armored Agility provides so little compared to Steel Fiber and its not worth using it in a build, but if it was exilus it would be fine I mean sprint is a little buff and so is the armor some frames can use this little buff that need armor or have some armor, I do see valkyr getting the most boost of it but still you dont really need that extra armor if you have steel fiber and if you do youll just use umbral mods, so having Armored Agility as exilus doesnt seem like a problem to me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

while in principle it shouldn't be Exilus, in reality it's so weak of a Mod except in dedicated Sprint Speed Loadouts that it also wouldn't matter if it was, yes.

I was under the impression exilus mods are mods that augment your frame in non-damaging ways, or utility ways, like rush. Therefore why wouldnt it make sense for Armored agility to be allowed there?

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I was under the impression exilus mods are mods that augment your frame in non-damaging ways, or utility ways, like rush. Therefore why wouldnt it make sense for Armored agility to be allowed there?

Do you see any proper defensive mods in there? :tongue:

Edited by DeMonkey

12 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

that was what the Slot was supposed to be for apparently, but ofcourse then we got Ability Stats in that Slot anyways and like i exactly said some Mods that shouldn't be there are also weak enough that it wouldn't even matter much if they were.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

No but I see power drift there, and it gives free strength buffs, so I fail to see why offensive mods are allowed but not defensive 😛

Drift mods are outliers, imo designed to encourage usage of a new (only a few months old) system that had limited options through the implementation of a set of Unique and thematic mods.

On 2019-07-23 at 3:06 AM, DeMonkey said:

Drift mods are outliers, imo designed to encourage usage of a new (only a few months old) system that had limited options through the implementation of a set of Unique and thematic mods.

Well aviator is also a defensive mod, which gives you 40% dmg reduction and it works both with hildryn and titania. Mind you that 40% dmg reduction equals to 200 armor and thats without taking into consideration that it scale multiplicative with armor, while also applying  to shields. Also armored agility wont really have that many uses either, since only heavily armored frames will be able to take advantage of this mod either way and thats if they dont have an armor buff that scales better with power strength like chroma.

Edit: Changed agility drift to aviator since I confused the name of the mods.

Edited by BlachWolf

On 2019-07-22 at 7:45 PM, DeMonkey said:

Do you see any proper defensive mods in there?

Technically Power Drift makes things like Rhino's Iron Skin stronger so its kinda a defensive mod.

(yes this is a huge stretch)

17 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

Well agility drift is also a defensive mod

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

Technically Power Drift makes things like Rhino's Iron Skin stronger so its kinda a defensive mod.

On 2019-07-23 at 2:06 AM, DeMonkey said:

^

My point was that defensive mod effects do not really exist for Exilus mods, Drift mods excluded. Vitality is not an Exilus mod. Steel Fibre is not an Exilus mod. Adaptation is not an Exilus mod.

So why does it make sense that Armoured Agility would be, when it, just like the above mods, has an effect directly tied to increasing the survivability of our frames?

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

My point was that defensive mod effects do not really exist for Exilus mods, Drift mods excluded. Vitality is not an Exilus mod. Steel Fibre is not an Exilus mod. Adaptation is not an Exilus mod.

So why does it make sense that Armoured Agility would be, when it, just like the above mods, has an effect directly tied to increasing the survivability of our frames?

I was just being cheeky with my post, I actually agree that it has no real reason to be there, but if it were a lower amount (like say 20% or less) it could have a case based upon the drift mods existence, though 45% is too much for an exilus slot.

I like to discuss where technicalities begin and end.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

but if it were a lower amount (like say 20% or less) it could have a case based upon the drift mods existence, though 45% is too much for an exilus slot.

Interestingly enough, I could see such a stat being added to Endurance Drift in place of the Parkour Velocity. I mean, what has Parkour Velocity got to do with "enduring" anyway, especially in the context of taking damage as per the test itself.

Just now, Aldain said:

I like to discuss where technicalities begin and end.

Aka, "I like to be a butt"?

You butt. :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lazarow said:

So what you two have been saying it that its too powerful to be added as exilus, but its too weak to be added in a regular build unless you are using a frame that has a lot of armor

Who are you responding to?

2 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Oh yeah sorry forgot to quote your posts. Responding to you and Aldain

I'm not saying either of those things, personally. I'm saying that one of the major properties of the mod is defensive, and that defensive mods aren't Exilus mods. Too strong, too weak, irrelevant. You don't see Vitality, Vigor or whatever up there.

My comment regarding being able to see the armour buff working if it was lower is based entirely on it being applied to a Drift Mod, as I consider Drift Mods to be intentional outliers to the general structure. To that end, I'm still not saying I could see Armoured Agility being an Exilus mod, but rather that I could see Endurance Drift being + energy/+ armour.

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not saying either of those things, personally. I'm saying that one of the major properties of the mod is defensive, and that defensive mods aren't Exilus mods. Too strong, too weak, irrelevant. You don't see Vitality, Vigor or whatever up there.

My comment regarding being able to see the armour buff working if it was lower is based entirely on it being applied to a Drift Mod, as I consider Drift Mods to be intentional outliers to the general structure. To that end, I'm still not saying I could see Armoured Agility being an Exilus mod, but rather that I could see Endurance Drift being + energy/+ armour.

I can settle for that, with around 10-15% armor sintead of parkour velocity seems fair and more fitting to its name

Edited by Lazarow

18 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

which gives you 40% dmg reduction

Uhh... 12%. Not 40%. Just to be clear. And conditionally on being in the air. It's Aviator that has 40% and it is, again, conditional on being in the air. Useful, but not exactly essential here.

On 2019-07-22 at 1:29 PM, Lazarow said:

Armored Agility provides so little compared to Steel Fiber and its not worth using it in a build

Armoured Agility gives exactly the same amount of armour as Gladiator Aegis, another mod that's not an Exilus. Why should Armoured Agility, which has a primary function of Armour, be an Exilus when Gladiator Aegis, which has a primary function of Armour, isn't one either?

1 hour ago, Lazarow said:

So what you two have been saying it that its too powerful to be added as exilus, but its too weak to be added in a regular build unless you are using a frame that has a lot of armor

Armour mods in general are useless unless you're using a frame with a lot of base armour in the first place.

That's because they're all Percentage based. Adding 110% armour to a frame with only 15 Armour is doing precisely diddly. Even adding the maximum amount of modded Armour a frame like Banshee, Nyx, Trinity, Trin Prime, Volt or Zephyr will only ever reach 61 Armour (when I say max modded, I mean Armoured Agility, Gladiator Aegis, Stand United and Umbral Fiber boosted by both other Umbral mods. If you want to add the effect of Coaction Drift and the melee one Focused Defense, you only get to 66).

If you want to mod armour onto a low armour frame, then you're better off using Health Conversion and the Arcanes Guardian and Ultimatum, which give you flat armour values instead. Proc'ing Health Conversion and both arcanes will grant you around 2565 Armour.

Meanwhile you pick a frame that has a higher base armour, like Excal Umbra (300 base) and give him his Umbral mods, he goes up to 878 armour with just that one buff. Give that to our darling Valkyr Prime, and she hits over 2000 armour.

You're vastly, and I do mean vastly, better off trying to get actual percent-based damage reduction from your or other players' abilities instead, because that will serve you far better.

Armoured Agility has a place, and just because it's less than half of what a dedicated armour mod does, putting it equal with another dual-function armour mod, doesn't mean that you need to try and squeeze it into a place that it's not supposed to go.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Uhh... 12%. Not 40%. Just to be clear. And conditionally on being in the air. It's Aviator that has 40% and it is, again, conditional on being in the air. Useful, but not exactly essential here.

Oof, I was talking about aviator, thanks for the correction.

Personally I love using Armored Agility and Umbral Fiber on my Nezha.  More speed on him along with more armor is always welcome.  If I played as Rhino or Frost I'm sure I would probably include it on their builds as well.  That being said I think it would probably be a bit OP to have such a good mod on the Exilus slot.  Not saying I wouldn't like it, I'd actually love it, but even I think that may be going a bit far and I doubt DE would allow it to be used there.

21 hours ago, Lazarow said:

Oh yeah sorry forgot to quote your posts. Responding to you and Aldain

I'm the one saying that...sorta. Armored Agility is kinda a weird niche (and kooky costed) mod that doesn't give quite enough to be used unless you want to power stack armor with the Umbral setup (I have an Umbra loadout that does that and it works...okish).

But I agree with DeMonkey on changing Endurance Drift into a small plus armor buff instead of parkour velocity.