Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good beginner warframes!!!!(please don't say valkyr)(also good beginner weapons)

mozartblows

Question

I don't consider valkyr a good frame anyways, let alone a good beginner frame.

Rhino is the best low MR frame. When you don't have good mods yet, he let's you tank things anyways.

Excalibur is a good starter frame because his exalted blade allows you to deal decent damage while your guns are playing catch-up.

Loki is the most easily obtained stealth (spy/rescue) frame.

Volt is the first frame you should (in my opinion) use once you have decent mods. He's one of the easiest frames to mod and packs a punch. A lot of bang for your buck. 

On 2019-07-29 at 6:21 AM, mozartblows said:

Soo i was playing on ps4 and i want to get good beginner weapons and frames can anyone tell me what i should get

Saryn/Saryn Prime for AoE

Mesa/Mesa Prime for everything in front of you

Rhino/Rhino Prime for tank DPS

Wukong/Wukong Prime for passive damage

Frost/Prime for all-rounder stats

Volt/ Volt prime for AoE and DPS

Khora for AoE

Rhino with Hek. You can literally play with those on "end game" content, not even primed or syndicate versions. Heks mod from syndicate helps a lot tho (200% multishot). You only need to use his iron skin (wiki how exactly it works) and 3 from time to time.

Volt with any crit weapon. His shield boosts crits. You can pick it up and fire secondary weapon with it while on the move.

Zephyr to easly beat orokin treasure rooms. You literally fly through them with her 1. Especially useful for weekly Maroo's mission.

Ps: Zephyr and Volt have their ways of mitigating damage but are very squishy when played incorrectly. Just be careful with those ;).

Edited by Spyro_Haze

Frames: 

Nezha/Rhino: Tank, everything. Nezha is super easy to build. 

Ivara/Limbo/Loki: Stealth, Spy...

Frost/Limbo: Defence, mob. Defence

Those will carry u through Starchart, Nezha is a good generalist.

Weapons:

Sonicor: easy to build, super usefull, low MR, CC, good enough for Starchart.

Atomos: amazing, DPS, low MR,... 

Nezha

1 - Go faster than just bullet jumping around plus it can CC things

2 - Doubles your damage and drops both health and energy globes all over the place allowing you tons of sustain

3 - 90% damage reduction, status effect immunity, and some limited invulnerability

4 - Wide area CC

Doesn't require any augments or difficult to get mods either.

I think the Hek was alright

That was the primary I used wayyyyyy back when I started. Braton Prime is also pretty neat.

Secondary I think I went with the lex and also got the prime. Uhhh then I wen't with the vaykor marelok when I had a high enough MR to afford it. 

Id say probs try out some guns to rank your MR and if you find some pretty interesting and whom fit your playstyle kinda treat em to a lil forma n such.  

I would say look at what weapons you like or suit your play style.

Then see what warframe can assist with the weapon type.

Say you had a fire weapon then you could choose ember for extra fire damage.

Some frames have stealth, healing etc. here is where you want to do your research for what warframe is ideal.

For a beginner id reccomend looking at physical damage stats, slash damage would be strong against low level enemies of most types.

Check here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Grineer

On 2019-07-29 at 1:31 AM, Yogfan14 said:

A good frame I've enjoyed since I started about 8 months ago has been Gara, gotten through Cetus. She's powerful and fantastic for any kind of defense mission, as well as easy to get in the beginning. She, by far, has the most play time for me. The farthest you actually need to get for farming for her is Ceres for Orokin Cells. 

As for weapons, the Tetra and Braton are good starter weapons, as well as the Lex and Cronus. I very much enjoy the Sybaris as well. 

Yeah I agree, i dont have much experience but Gara was my second frame. She is awesome in my opinion, but takes a little time to craft if you do it the normal way

excalibur easy to play easy to mod dont need good weps.

only negative after some time it gets boring but you can farm other frame with it.

idk what choices you get when start warframe as i started i could choose between excal volt and mag

excal and volt are good although for volt you need good mods  , mag need good mods and its mostly for corpus.

4 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I'm confused? They are for beginners

Mesa's from Eris, the last planet and the boss is only available after completing a questline as well.

Saryn's from Sedna, second-last planet

Any player that has reached that far into the game probably isn't a fresh beginner already

Edited by klerebus
fresh

2 hours ago, klerebus said:

Mesa's from Eris, the last planet and the boss is only available after completing a questline as well.

Saryn's from Sedna, second-last planet

Any player that has reached that far into the game probably isn't a fresh beginner already

Oh fair enough. But I'm pretty sure we're not talking about instant beginners. That would be someone like rhino.

But for like MR8's or something probably those

On 2019-07-29 at 1:46 PM, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Valkyr.

Rhino is good too, but I consider him too strong/easy for new players. You might have a hard facing higher level content with other frames if you get too used to him.

Especially if they are trying to abuse his sturdiness, to make up for their weaknesses. (And what newbs don't have significant weaknesses?) But at the same time he's a good all rounder and will let newbs clear nodes, and last a little longer while farming the resources they need to build everyone else. 

I figure that forewarned is forearmed, and just mention that they have to be careful not to become dependent on him. 

Am an MR5 and currently running with Rhino. His stomp ability is rad and iron skin is where his tank comes from. The thing is he's very tanky which can bring out overconfidence. Try and play him as if you want to hold onto as much iron skin reserve as possible in a mission by taking cover and rolling/moving. Apparently further into the game he loses that tankiness (likely due to no particular resistances with the frame itself).

My favorite weapons are Hek and Lex. Galatine is a great room sweeper, but I also like Anku and Gazal Machete.

4 hours ago, Bastanold said:

Apparently further into the game he loses that tankiness (likely due to no particular resistances with the frame itself).

Ehh, yes and no. When you cast ironskin there is a temp invuln window that any damage taken will be added to ironskin, so in farther missions you can store a ton of damage and get absurdly high levels of iron skin. If you build rhino right you can have tons of ironskin and armor. I don't like playing rhino tho, he makes me feel lazy when I can just not die.

I don't know why, but I don't have the love for Rhino everyone seems to have. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I started with Excalibur, got it to 30, along the way got the Rhino parts and got him built, I've got him up to 30 also, and he just dies a lot more than Excalibur. I don't change my playstyle between the two, I'm not good at dodging and jumping and bullet aiming and the like, so thought Rhino's tankiness would carry me further than Excalibur, but it just doesn't seem to. Not to mention, Exalted Blade at 30 on Excalibur just makes everything die. I'm up to MR 5 now and would be back to Excalibur if I hadn't just managed to build Oberon.