Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index quest is a horrible idea

ganzuul

The Glast Gambit is terrible. To see my work (credits) get pissed on like this is upsetting.

You need to be reminded. This serious problem with the game has apparently existed for a long time.

I am a paying customer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I cleared it first time with no issues.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

And what is the problem with glast gambit?

You want a big problem with this quest? Pacing. It's eight missions long with content for maybe four missions. Half the quest is just running Index with no dialogue or new developments

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You want a big problem with this quest? Pacing. It's eight missions long with content for maybe four missions. Half the quest is just running Index with no dialogue or new developments

I'm not talking about the quality of the quest. Re-read my comment and don't quote me if you're not going to address my point.

I was talking about the difficulty of the quest, which is what OP is having an issue with. Considering I found it easy, I was hoping to advise him on how to complete it easier.

Yeah, easily the worst quest in game. Insanely repetitive, so much wasted potential lore-wise and it has pretty much nothing to do with Nidus.

That said, what does you being a "paying customer" have to do with anything? It doesn't magically make your feedback a priority.

That the idea of repeating so many times index in the quest is a bad idea.... I can agree with.

But iirc there's only one time you must lose and then you get your credits back like.. one or 2 missions after that, while if the problem is that you are losing the rounds you are supposed to win well.. the quest is not the problem

17 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I'm not talking about the quality of the quest. Re-read my comment and don't quote me if you're not going to address my point.

I was talking about the difficulty of the quest, which is what OP is having an issue with. Considering I found it easy, I was hoping to advise him on how to complete it easier.

I'm not OP, I have no idea what match-ending bug he ran into. But I figured hey, while we're on the subject...

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Pr1A:

Yeah, easily the worst quest in game. Insanely repetitive, so much wasted potential lore-wise and it has pretty much nothing to do with Nidus.

That said, what does you being a "paying customer" have to do with anything? It doesn't magically make your feedback a priority.

A priority just because you have pay for something? I don't think so... 

24 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

What frame are you using?

I cleared it first time with no issues.

I tried first with Nezha, but his primary ability is disabled. There is no warning or instructions for which frames to use.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

Paying customer? For what did you pay exactly if the game is for free? 

And what is the problem with glast gambit? You do not need your own credits as I remember as the first round you loose anyway but with glast credits. So what is wrong? 

DE employs a lot of people in their community. I wish to support them.

You remember wrong. It's the normal base credit. 140 000 per attempt to learn what to do to win, in this case.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

😂😂😂

Good day! Way to start a topic, aimed at the devs, in general discussion. 👌

Have you looked at the support pages? This is where they direct you. Here. Not anywhere else. So their dirty laundry now gets aired in public because they give us no options.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

And what is the problem? That's not a bug or a a waste of credits if you do it right. So still don't know what the problem is.. 

It's easy and simple to do it, in reward you get the nidus blueprint 

There are no instructions. At first I didn't even know what to do to score. Some frames are completely hamstrung because of how poorly designed this game mode is, and you have no way of telling which frames you need in order to be successful.

The reward is not just the Nidus blueprint. It is also the Helminth Charger and getting rid of the cyst without having to buy another warframe slot for real life money.

17 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Yeah, why does this thing need to take up an entire room on the orbiter? It requires some kind of explanation.

DE needs to make money to stay in business. I bought the starter pack on Steam and extra plat. No money, no game. Bad game, no money. This part of the game sticks out like a sore thumb so badly that and I'm reconsidering my continued support. It might not matter to you. This is not aimed at any of you replying, but I'm glad you do since it might bring it to the attention of the staff finally.

Edited by ganzuul

28 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Pacing is clearly not the problem for op, who moans about credits.

But thanks for trying to make this thread about your personal issues with the quest.

2 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

It is also the Helminth Charger and getting rid of the cyst without having to buy another warframe slot for real life money

U can do all of this before the quest.

Also, not a great idea I suppose, to start a mission where you bet credits without knowing it. And reaching eris (which I think is needed for the quest) without having done index once to farm some credits feels really strange

3 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

There are no instructions. At first I didn't even know what to do to score. Some frames are completely hamstrung because of how poorly designed this game mode is, and you have no way of telling which frames you need in order to be successful.

Uhh... Pretty much any frame is usable in the Index. I also don't remember abilities being just turned off.

The point system is pretty self explanatory also. (Tho it's true that DE isn't all that good with tutorials. And some players don't even know how Echo lures work so...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ganzuul said:

It is also the Helminth Charger and getting rid of the cyst without having to buy another warframe slot for real life money.

You...got rid of a cyst by buying warframe slot? Plz tell me I'm missing something or clarify this bit.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

The point system is pretty self explanatory also. (Tho it's true that DE isn't all that good with tutorials. And some players don't even know how Echo lures work so...)

Well, to be honest, DE didn't exactly explain how to use echo lures all that well either.

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm not OP, I have no idea what match-ending bug he ran into. But I figured hey, while we're on the subject...

I know you aren't the OP. I responded to you because you quoted me and you didn't even address my point. So what's the point in quoting it, and what's the point in bringing up the narrative quality of the quest (which I agree isn't good) which isn't relevant to their being able to complete it?

Edited by iLightning13

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

U can do all of this before the quest.

Also, not a great idea I suppose, to start a mission where you bet credits without knowing it. And reaching eris (which I think is needed for the quest) without having done index once to farm some credits feels really strange

God damnit, yes apparently I can do that but I was listening to some nerd on the tubes of you who said I could not.

Yes, it was not a great idea. I have not encountered any other game mechanic like this in WF. I assumed I'd get a trivial mission to recover my creds so that I could try again, like you can try again all the other content in the game, but this was playing for keeps and I was not expecting it.

Edited by ganzuul