Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Deluxe: Hotfix 25.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

37 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

Everything in the game requires you to do something to get it, other than this.

I didn't grind for Kohra, I bought her with plat because it's easier to trade for the plat to buy her. I'd do the same here but DE doesn't want to give anyone that option. 

I find red text for these past two hotfixes childish and quite frankly offensive. I am in no way defending an exploit.

But blaming the players for finding ways to cope with a MINDBOGGLINGLY BORING and GRINDY AF event is again, as always, a childish approach to handling business. Someone needs to stop taking everything as a personal attack. Sometimes, things people create are, in fact, crap.

Do better. You can, we know you can. We've stuck around cuz of that.

20 hours ago, RaethFennec said:

Hopefully they're rewarded to the whole team, because there are limited spawns and I think this event was meant to be enjoyed together... might get awkward competing for spawns.

Edit: They are not. So, you have to fight with your teammates for kills. In terms of multiplayer, I feel like this change made the game mode worse, though for solo play, it's an improvement. From a game theory perspective, I don't understand this change. For those AFK-farming it, I imagine the effort/reward breakdown still doesn't provide a big enough incentive to bother.

20 hours ago, Burritochu said:

Is this based off the whole team's kills or the player's alone? I.E Team gets 100 kills, every one gets +100 pearls or is it I kill 25 enemies myself and I get the +25 pearls?

Edit: The reports are in, it's personal kills. So now the problem has morphed from AFKing to kill stealing.

Yes, I've noticed that some players seem to be quite happy to finish off the mobs I've just spent time weakening.  So, of course, now I have to do the same to avoid winding up with next to no bonus pearls.  All this leaves rather a bad taste in my mouth, so I think that I'll be soloing the event from now on.

TL;DR: Tweak to game-mode weakens cooperative spirit of the game.

Am 6.8.2019 um 23:51 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

Fixes:

• Fixed Virtuous Shadow not being an option for a rank up reward with the Quills. 

Great you made kill stealing a thing now...kuddos

2 hours ago, Fire2box said:

I didn't grind for Kohra, I bought her with plat because it's easier to trade for the plat to buy her. I'd do the same here but DE doesn't want to give anyone that option. 

you had to do something, you traded/bought plat. in your case, you had to do something else to have items to trade. and trading itself is an ingame activity. you didn't just "get it" for absolutely nothing.

furthermore, you are implying everything should be available for plat. not sure i agree with that tbh. some things should actually require you playing the game. with that logic, you should be able to just buy everything in the game for plat, buy the ability to lift daily faction caps, buy mastery rank tests, buy the exp to instantly level a frame, etc.

8 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Great you made kill steeling a thing now...kuddos

you could just avoid people during your game. try to go for targets coming from spawn instead of the mass of people shooting.

secondly, you didn't get anything for a kill before, so you are only gaining even if 2/3s of your kills got stolen.

another person you will never satisfy.... try spelling correctly when you sarcastically insult their work at least.

35 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

Yes, I've noticed that some players seem to be quite happy to finish off the mobs I've just spent time weakening.  So, of course, now I have to do the same to avoid winding up with next to no bonus pearls.  All this leaves rather a bad taste in my mouth, so I think that I'll be soloing the event from now on.

TL;DR: Tweak to game-mode weakens cooperative spirit of the game.

it's really not that bad. i've come across a very small amount of people who purposefully seem to always take kills... some kill stealing will inevitibly happen, even when you and others are avoiding doing it. I accidently take a few, and a few are lost. i will just avoid everyone else and get guys that come from spawn to avoid this problem. especially if there is a kill stealer, which i didn't see many. i played roughly ~27 games and got 3100 pearls getting 50-60 kills per game. i got 40+ my first 5

most people don't even have time to steal my kills with how i play though... going extremely point blank and landing every shot after stunning. even with 0 charge, you can shoot someone point blank.

if you were any good, you would easily get 40+ kills with the 10 enemies spawning constantly 1 second after they die. i literally was in games with 4 people getting 40-50 kills a piece. I imagine you are taking an eternity to kill anything and staying far away so people don't even realize you are killing something half the time. probably also stay in the big mess of a team fight.

instead of blaming other people for your subpar performance, maybe you should just improve and alter your approach. logically if someone steals your kills, you should just avoid the people and go to fresh spawns. it's really not that big of a problem. you see someone else with a big number and assume they must be "kill stealing" rather than maybe actually knowing how to be effective, which you clearly don't know how.

1 hour ago, Pixydis said:

I find red text for these past two hotfixes childish and quite frankly offensive. I am in no way defending an exploit.

But blaming the players for finding ways to cope with a MINDBOGGLINGLY BORING and GRINDY AF event is again, as always, a childish approach to handling business. Someone needs to stop taking everything as a personal attack. Sometimes, things people create are, in fact, crap.

Do better. You can, we know you can. We've stuck around cuz of that.

So it's ok for you to insult them for asking you to actually play an event mode for a few hours over the course of 10 days to get literally everything, which isn't even necessary, but they aren't allowed to subtly insult you for exploiting their game and cheating?

let's be realistic, you are projecting. you are childish and being overtly offensive for being joked with about literally cheating/exploiting. you are butt hurt like a little baby and complaining you don't like something.

you literally don't even have to play the event.... even after the hotfix, you can still probably find places to exploit it. i haven't tried because actually playing is twice as efficient as finding a way not to play. maybe if you actually tried playing it a little bit and gave it a chance, you'd find it moderately entertaining for 20-30 minutes. do that every day and you get all the rewards! instead, you think you need to do it for 5 hours straight and it's a nightmare because you should be entitled to everything.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

Fixes:

• Fixed Virtuous Shadow not being an option for a rank up reward with the Quills. 

1 Nakak Pearl per kill only counts if you kill them i got 33 kills and only got 20 ,  way to not listen or ease our grind DE this not only makes no difference but sitting in a tree is still more fun and viable then dealing with these awful soketron weapons and awful nakak prices ,,

this could have been fun :(

11 minutes ago, WhiteGemini said:

1 Nakak Pearl per kill only counts if you kill them i got 33 kills and only got 20 ,  way to not listen or ease our grind DE this not only makes no difference but sitting in a tree is still more fun and viable then dealing with these awful soketron weapons and awful nakak prices ,,

this could have been fun 😞

i played roughly 27 games and got 3110 pearls, every single kill counted as a pearl. the gun is actually fine if you know how to use it properly. you are probably trying to snipe everyone and pumping the gun constantly LOL. try landing one shot from a distance or while sliding in. account for the travel time and drop off. when they stunned, light them up point blank.

brb, they should have made hitscan water guns to appease you terribads

10 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

i played roughly 27 games and got 3110 pearls, every single kill counted as a pearl. the gun is actually fine if you know how to use it properly. you are probably trying to snipe everyone and pumping the gun constantly LOL. try landing one shot from a distance or while sliding in. account for the travel time and drop off. when they stunned, light them up point blank.

brb, they should have made hitscan water guns to appease you terribads

other peoples kills don't count which i find odd because that makes doing it solo far better, it should be a co-op thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just because i don't like the weapon does not mean im bad at using it or not know how to use it :/

4 minutes ago, WhiteGemini said:

other peoples kills don't count which i find odd because that makes doing it solo far better, it should be a co-op thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just because i don't like the weapon does not mean im bad at using it or not know how to use it 😕

the amount of enemies that spawn based on more players with 1 second respawns makes playing cooperative much more efficient than single player. there are literally 3 enemies to every player.

i tried doing it solo and there aren't enough enemies, respawns are too far apart, etc. plus they are always focused on killing you. you can attack people who are running to other people and just gank them 100-0 with first stun shot and going point blank

4 hours ago, Nephalem said:

This is the worst tactical alert iv played in my entire life....I can barely kill 10 units per mission with this awfull weapon and bullets transperancy.

you are bad. the lowest game i had today was 42, the highest being 63. try using it like a shotgun/point blank and slide rushing, capitalize on the first shot stun. you're welcome.

furthermore, i also had games where everyone in the lobby had over 40 kills.

3 minutes ago, xzorroth said:

50-100% increased farm rate not enough. gotcha. can't ever satisfy anyone. i got 3100 pearls in 2 hours. you people won't be happy until everything in the event is free.

is it too much to ask to fill my ship up with floof balls like a Ball Pit :P

and yes i know the answer :(

Archived