Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread builds?

DrakeRemorea

Question

I use the Dread, hear it's great. I've just slapped on some mods currently, nothing too fancy. It does work really well but I think I should be getting more out of it. What are good Dread builds? (I think I have one forma for an extra v polarity rn, maybe two idk.) I use both heavy caliber and serration, point strike, vital sense, speed trigger, maligant force and stormbringer for corrosive damage for armor. I'm mostly hoping for a +reload speed +fire rate riven for my dread because god that .7s reload is annoying when it doesn't one shot.

8 answers to this question

I would love to help, but such a thing is prefferencial. I see all speed bonus, reload bonus, and heavy caliber, mods that you may have as detrimental, which may not be what you see on your end... But taking those off and focus solely on damage is enough to make your Dread 1-hit lvl90+ enemies...

Triial and error. Trial... and error. Takes you very far.

Edited by Uhkretor

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

What are good Dread builds?

Mandatory Serration and Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense and Hunter Munitions. If you get a Riven go for CC and CD as well. Elements are not really useful since slash bypasses armor and shields, counting as different, and thus is superior.

Serration | Split Chamber | Point Strike | Vital Sense

Rime Rounds | Malignant Force | Fanged Fusillade | ????

That's your Dread oneshot build. Will take 2-3 forma depending on what your last mod is. You can use a good riven (I use one with +Slash +Damage, but any combination of crit, MS, slash, and damage will be good). Primed Shred is nice if you want QoL. You can use a 90% toxin or cold, but you really want slash to have an edge on viral since the slash procs are more important. Argon Scope is another good potential pick.

It's old-fashioned (since the "oneshot" still takes a second or two to tick down against lv.~120 enemies that don't die instantly), but it was the gold standard for a long time for a reason.