The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veterans misunderstand why they don't enjoy playing the game anymore

(PSN)InkCN

On 2019-08-28 at 1:01 AM, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Perhaps you can do that but you are in the minority. I just finished a sortie that two MR20+ players had to be carried on. Also, that's not true for many players unless they are avid content creator "how to" vid watchers. 

Lets make it a majority! The only reason I am complaining here and trying to get a more fleshed out game is because I do not want this game to follow the same pattern for half a decade. It has a lot of potential mixing team play tactics together for later game content, like Eidolons. I love warframe, and I want to see it succeed greatly. Also it is important to check if those MR 20s have AT LEAST 1000+ in game mission hours. More experience usually = more knowledge on the game. (I have seen an mr 15 with 250 hours... and the usually average hour span is 500-600 as I have spent 4 years recruiting players for my community).

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

On 2019-08-27 at 7:12 AM, Monolake said:

You'd be surprised but we had that with darksector conflicts, it was a mess but it was played and created some fun drama, clans paying people to fight for them. DE axed it and never brought back.

And there were clans that put 100% tax on their rails, also with clans paying people for a virtual solar rail, it's kinda unhealthy

29 minutes ago, thatguynels said:

Should just remove the relic system and take everything back to Tower keys in the void. Game was better that way.

Why not both? Please both sides of the playerbase?

The issue here is, both the playerbase and DE think they can only have one system, when infact you can have both.  Same thing with easy power fantasy gameplay and tactical coordinated "rewarding" knowledgable gameplay too. 

15 hours ago, Midas said:

Lets make it a majority! The only reason I am complaining here and trying to get a more fleshed out game is because I do not want this game to follow the same pattern for the half a decade. It has a lot of potential mixing team play tactics together for later game content, like Eidolons. I love warframe, and I want to see it succeed greatly. Also it is important to check if those MR 20s have AT LEAST 1000+ in game mission hours. More experience usually = more knowledge on the game. (I have seen an mr 15 with 250 hours... and the usually average hour span is 500-600 as I have spent 4 years recruiting players for my community).

Believe me, I'm not disputing your, or any vet's, love for the game. However, even at 1000+ hours, there are players who are not as great as they say...certainly not good enough to be demanding endgame or more difficult content. Having unlimited team revival has given them a false sense of skill and the old arbitration DEFINITELY flushed a lot of them out!

As for the development of the game, again, I'm with you. I also understand that what's needed was not something as simple as balancing the game or adding higher levels. The rewards would be pointless and wasted creativity on that, therefore why not build the next phase of the game and place new systems and rewards there? DE wants and has made a gigantic, GIGANTIC game. You and I don't see it now but, remember that this game is notorious for its intimidating size and complexity. Steve says it's still in beta. Heck, we haven't even fought the third Orb! You guys will get your wish but you have to understand that DE's top priority is still building a completing the game. 

36 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Why not both? Please both sides of the playerbase?

The issue here is, both the playerbase and DE think they can only have one system, when infact you can have both.  Same thing with easy power fantasy gameplay and tactical coordinated "rewarding" knowledgable gameplay too. 

For me, gonna speak from personal experience, I actually valued grinding for Tower keys and going into the void. Last time I was ecstatic about a prime reward, was when Saryn prime had just dropped and the only way to get her best part (The Chassis)  was from rotation C in a T3 survival. I spent a good amount of time in there till I got the item and it felt good. Now the relic system it of course makes obtaining items WAY easier than before, but then it's like what's next?

Another thing I'd like to get some people's opinions and feedback on are all the recent frame unvaultings. I think we should reduce them to a few times a year. Maybe like 2 to 3 times. 

On 2019-08-29 at 3:50 AM, thatguynels said:

For me, gonna speak from personal experience, I actually valued grinding for Tower keys and going into the void. Last time I was ecstatic about a prime reward, was when Saryn prime had just dropped and the only way to get her best part (The Chassis)  was from rotation C in a T3 survival. I spent a good amount of time in there till I got the item and it felt good. Now the relic system it of course makes obtaining items WAY easier than before, but then it's like what's next?

Another thing I'd like to get some people's opinions and feedback on are all the recent frame unvaultings. I think we should reduce them to a few times a year. Maybe like 2 to 3 times. 

I also preferred Void Keys but feel personally that the relics are an increased grind to get them compared even with the increasing at the time habit of putting each rare part in T3 survival rotation C.