Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you like the current riven system?

Xehalin

I personally enjoy rivens, but only within the constraint of the self-imposed rules that I follow. I never buy unveiled rivens, and only use rivens that I unveil and roll myself. I let the rivens I get determine what weapons to get and try, not the other way round. And I almost never roll a riven more than 10 times. Thanks to these rules, I've managed to keep my kuva-farming time manageable, and I've started using weapons that I otherwise wouldn't have considered using without rivens, stuff like phantasma, quanta vandal and prisma grinlok.

As for how I feel about the system as a whole, I'm kind of ambivalent leaning towards positive. I'd probably be a lot more dissatisfied if rivens were more necessary or impactful to the game, but as it stands our time to kill even without rivens is already so short for the most part. It's hard to be angry at rivens for reducing a 0.4s kill time to 0.3s

I like its concept, but I have a few gripes with the execution:

- I believe once a weapon has reached minimum disposition, no more Rivens should be generated for it until it gets a higher disposition.  Oherwise they are almost competing against standard mods. This helps control bloat.

- The amount of Kuva needed to roll them is unforgiving considering the acquisition rate.

- I believe Rivens should not be tradable. This has created a toxic market that often results in player backlash when disposition is adjusted despite them knowing full well disposition is meant to and should be updated frequently.

- Archgun Rivens should have a unique "Rank 10" disposition. Archguns are supposed to be this "Oh yeah!" short-lived power-up moment, but they are directly competing against other weapons with higher disposition Rivens. Archguns are anti-spacecraft weapons that are outdamaged and outclassed by normal weapons like the Kohm because of this.

On 2019-08-27 at 2:26 PM, OmegaDonut said:

Rivers should be less about raw damage boosts and more about interesting weapon builds or changing how they play.   Less +CRIT and damage and more + mag size, reload, +/- zoom, so on.  So like a rubico riven that increases mag size to 20, but has only 1.5 zoom and a fast reload.  You just turned a sniper rifle into an m14.  Stuff like that.  

They can be? Some rolls are just utility like you described. It depends on what you want.

i actually have a saw that’s just a little too slow for my tastes and I would be perfectly happy with just attack speed. 

Now, if your suggesting that Damage be removed from the riven stat pool, I don’t think that would fix the problem. People would either ignore rivens or the next most useful stat combo after damage would become the new God Roll Meta.

Edit: maybe if the mods were completely unique, like giving other guns Quatz’s AOE reload or the Struns single shell reload I could be on board.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
New thots

On 2019-08-23 at 8:18 AM, Peter said:

No one like it, is just a slot machine.

God Bless this man...

Rivens were a band aid solution by DE to make weaker weapons stand a chance against Meta weapons, the problem is that weaker weapons are at the mercy of RNG so its not really a viable solution imo, not to mention both weak and meta weapons have riven dispositions so meta weapons become even more meta and even more broken, leaving non meta weapons even less viable...

Really sad...

On 2019-08-27 at 5:26 PM, OmegaDonut said:

Rivers should be less about raw damage boosts and more about interesting weapon builds or changing how they play.   Less +CRIT and damage and more + mag size, reload, +/- zoom, so on.  So like a rubico riven that increases mag size to 20, but has only 1.5 zoom and a fast reload.  You just turned a sniper rifle into an m14.  Stuff like that.  

i do wish that low disp rivens had high disposition for utility stats. 

personally, i wish Rivens had a chance to roll some unique properties, similar to arcanes.