Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't add a bunch of new resource types to Empyrean

Jax_Cavalera

As the title states, we have so many resource types right now, it would be great to instead do the following:

• Mining asteroids spawns decent quantities of existing resource types for players to gather up
  • Destroying new ships would have a chance of dropping
    • Current mods based on the types of enemies that were on-board
    • Bulk resources typically retrieved from breakables and lockers found on-board the type of ship that was destroyed
    • Chance at a single regular Relic
    • Rare drops
      • Nitain Extract
      • Fieldron
      • Mutagen Mass
      • Detonite Injector
      • 3x Radiant Relics
  • Destroying old ship ruins from ancient battles has a chance of dropping
    • Arcanes
    • Rare mods from some new collection
    • Umbra Forma
    • Large caches of credits from a time when they would have been available in abundance due to the nature of large scale warfare and how it stimulates economies, etc.
    • Warframe blueprint parts (standard not prime.. and please not the ones we get from regular enemies all the time currently)

The main reasons for this request are:

1. New players get very confused about which resource type they need for what purpose
  2. The grind walls behind getting those 2 new warframes on Venus - Fortuna are crazy when compared to what you need to do in order to farm up some of the original warframes in the game... This kind of grind quickly becomes much less fun and I've observed first-hand the burnout that it causes to new / existing players of the game.
  3. We don't really need any new taxonomies here, the ones we have right now are more than enough, perhaps instead we could see new uses for existing ones added?

Well assuming nothing changes there is at least one new resource being added... titanium (iirc) was shown as a resource....

Mind you I do fully agree with the sentiment that we're getting so many 'unused' resources (there isn't really even cross over between open worlds...) that we really could do with some consolidation of materials.

Having said that, based on previous DE actions when new content comes out I'm expecting to have to farm something to an excessive level before we can even build the depot let alone the ship...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

Why would you want to gate them in the first place?

cus if they aren't, they try to burn through literally everything in an update in one evening. of course, they'll complain if you add any new resources or limitations that prevent them from doing so, and then complain that they have nothing left to do in the game once they get past that. they have no concept of pacing themselves and always blame the devs for problems they create themselves

• Like 4

I rather have new stuff to farm for  why would I wanna fly around mining something I got millions of allready. Allso if they use all old resources you just push 1 button and you build it allready. Making it so ppl  scream for new content for they done.

Edited by Emolition

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

cus if they aren't, they try to burn through literally everything in an update in one evening. of course, they'll complain if you add any new resources or limitations that prevent them from doing so, and then complain that they have nothing left to do in the game once they get past that. they have no concept of pacing themselves and always blame the devs for problems they create themselves

But isn't that then more of a problem that they have with themselfes, then DE?
Not to mention, that they will attempt to do so even if you add several new resources. I personally would like to have a use for my ~2 Million Alloy plates that i have laying around. Im not against having new resources, if they make sense, but i am strictly against adding a new resource for the sake of it or to simply slow down a group of players. Some players will always try to rush and get everything as fast and as soon as possible, there is not really anything you can do against that.

I just want that new resources added actually make sense and aren't something like recolored nitain (Vitus Essence).

5 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I rather have new stuff to farm for  why would I wanna fly around mining something I got millions of allready. Allso if they use all old resources you just push 1 button and you build it allready. Making the they scream for new content for they done.

Those that do will do so eventually anyways, it may just take 1 or 2 weeks longer.

30 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

I'm pretty sure these are three different demographics in the veteran community.

Fortuna dealt with 1 and 2 just fine, bc it required items everyone had loads of (oxium, cryotic, etc) and specific resources that could only be found in Vallis.

And I'm mostly part of the third, bc the game IS poorly paced.

"What? You hit daily standing/focus in 20min and have the time to get more standing/focus? Haha, nope. Just wait until daily reset hits."

*Launches new event/tactical alert*

"Hey guys, here's a new event/tactical alert, but don't worry. It only takes 30min to complete it and you have 2 weeks to do so. I know 30 min is too much, but I'm sure you can do it."

46 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

The way you word it makes it sound like people playing the game is in the wrong which is a weird sentiment to me.

11 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Mining asteroids spawns decent quantities of existing resource types for players to gather up

Define decent. This usually ends up being whatever totally invalidates every previous use of this resource.

They kinda have to, similar to the resources to build relays.

They have to make sure everyone starts at the exact same point, similar to POE and Orb Valis, not only that but you're not exactly building a flimsy weapon, it's a full ship, if they decided to use ferrite, the costs would be astronomical and the grind would be way worse than hema, we already have enough complaints about that.

Yes veterans have alot of ferrite, but you can't place so much of it in one thing to the point newbies are discourage to even play the game.

I understand what you want, but the scale of what we will be doing is different, the last time something similar appeared it ended up being a community event, as in everyone made a contribution to build a relay.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Define decent. This usually ends up being whatever totally invalidates every previous use of this resource.

Sounds like you have a good feel for what decent should be so I'll take your recommendation.

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

They kinda have to, similar to the resources to build relays

I get where you are coming from and agree we can learn from the past to get it right.

If progression is not tied up with farming some new arbritrary resource(s) and instead DE manage progression pace using achievement based standing (similar to the unlocks on the K-drive) it should meet both requirements.

Disclaimer: k-drives is a first to mind example only xD