Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's theorize - Natah -

VanFanel1980mx

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Ballas would absolutely know in that case, and wouldn't be talking about how she deceived him in chimera. It's unlikely he got deceived by what he did himself.

The biggest trait of the Orokin: arrogance.

"You think you can defy me? Not even your Tenno devil ca--" *gut stab*

Honestly, it would surprise me if he was blaming everyone but himself in all this.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

As much as saying 'everyone' is severely hated in the forums, I think this is the exception where I can safely say everyone will be disappointed if DE forces a ending for us. I don't care if some Tenno want to save or kill lotus, long as we have a choice and no cheesy 'love and hope' ending occurs, I'll be satisfied 

I’m praying for a PvE-Style Civil war because if DE allowed it, I’d kill any Tenno who raised a gun or blade against her.

How’s that for a choice vs “Love and Hope”?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

7 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m praying for a PvE-Style Civil war because if DE allowed it, I’d kill any Tenno who raised a gun or blade against her.

How’s that for a choice vs “Love and Hope”?

They probably should include this as a conclave mode, I bet the popularity would be tremendous🤣

You remember the quest Natah at all? There's a line from Hunhow that sticks out to me: "You betrayed us. As I awake, so will they. They will say you're riven and want to reclaim you. I will not be able to stop them." So what's a riven? Well the only thing we have now with that title are mods. You know what other kinds of mods there are? Amalgam mods. What if, bear with me here, a "riven" is a Sentient that has been forcefully reprogrammed to turn against their own kind? If it can be done once it can be done again. Even then, Hunhow's use of the word seems to imply that Lotus wasn't actually riven when she made her final move.

So how's this for a little hypothetical sequence of events:

1) Lotus discovers her history and, lacking memories of why she made the choice, was concerned that she may have been reprogrammed as a riven.

2) She makes contact with her family who assure her that she is riven and then re-reprogram her to be more like they think she should be.

3) Now the Lotus persona has receded and Natah's precepts have taken full control.

Just now, lighthoof said:

If you take a closer look at Hunhows quote you'll see, that it is indeed used as an adjective

An adjective to describe what exactly? Something that Lotus will appear to be to her family. There is such a thing as an adnoun you know.

Just now, lighthoof said:

That she is "torn" or "damaged". Her mind that is

Mmhmm, and how do you think the Sentients would describe one of their own number that has been robbed of its agency? Think about their name: Sentient. Thinking, feeling, judging. If forcefully reprogrammed it would be like a lobotomy, i.e. when some sections of the brain are cut off from others. See what I mean?

14 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I suspect that means we will be stuck with fake Lotus for the rest of our lives.

In some ways yes, but I expect replacement piecemeal, like the new disruptions missions have no Lotus in then at all, same with the Vallis, Empyrean look to be all Cephalon Cy, etc etc

2 hours ago, lighthoof said:

It's actually an adjective )

Derived from this https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/riven

Yes, more or less this.

The context here, when paired with being “reclaimed”, is that she has been torn away or torn herself away from the Sentient Collective, either having had her mind forcefully corrupted or having become corrupted by her own actions.

It’s what allowed her to hide and hide the Tenno from the Sentients.  But did she do it of her own volition or did the “Orokin reprogramming” do it?

I’ll go one step further...Is the “Orokin reprogramming” actually a Sentient construct implanted by “Mother” to turn the Tenno into enemies?  I dare say this is a very REAL possibility.

The wildcard here is the concept of Free Will.

And having essentially “died” and been reborn, albeit without a true body, I believe Hunhow HAS free will and may be an ally in all this for his daughter.