Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's theorize - Natah -

VanFanel1980mx

Here is the thing, since DE has admitted a few times they make the lore on the go there will be times when the outcome is very predictable, for that purpose I am pretty sure they will force us to forgive the Lotus and restore the status quo (considering they are probably never re-recording any mission control lines with someone else), so let's see if we predict how they will write themselves into a corner this time.

• Natah was playing triple agent to protect the Tenno, she could have just leave some clues but she never bothered to, The New War may cause millions of deaths but like any good old villain from Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, etc. the genocides will be set aside because reasons.

By the way, I don't think it is so hard for DE to actually kill Lotus. We do already have placeholder "mission control lines", they can just use those until they come up with a real way to replace her.

Soooo, in my opinion Lotus can be removed any moment actually

Considering they have been running the robo lotus for more than a year with no changes, I suspect she will return, then again maybe the tenno will grow a backbone and make their own decisions in a mission. 

They could just make any named NPC as the handlers for a mission specific to that planet. 

Mars would be Maroo, venus would be little duck, earth would be palladino, eris would be that girl whose name I forget, 

There are also the whole of the syndicates that can work double. 

I strongly suspect lotus (separate from Natah) will be returning though, 

1 hour ago, lighthoof said:

We can go even further.
Let's suppose Ballas was able to give an oro to Morgulis before the execution and kept it a secret till now.
We purge Natah mind and transplant oro of Morgulis in to the Lotus body, win-win 🤣

And we find that Margulis is actualy the bad guy and Natah was the one protecting us.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

As much as saying 'everyone' is severely hated in the forums, I think this is the exception where I can safely say everyone will be disappointed if DE forces a ending for us. I don't care if some Tenno want to save or kill lotus, long as we have a choice and no cheesy 'love and hope' ending occurs, I'll be satisfied 

Couldnt agree more, So far in all the story quests, we have had the choice on what happens, and when it comes to Natah/Lotus I hope DE sticks with giving the player their personal choice, and not an "oh its going to be the same result regardless of your choice" ending to this storyline.

I personally wouldnt save or kill Lotus, I would simply walk away and leave Natah to rot in whatever hell she's made for herself and walk my own path through the origin system and beyond.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb 0_The_F00l:

then again maybe the tenno will grow a backbone and make their own decisions in a mission. 

That is the only thing i liked about the Nidus Quest, the options what to do with the girl and you actually able ot stand up against Lotus and talking her down.

I doubt that she's legit on the Sentients side. I reckon they've brainwashed her.

For one - she's admitted to mental manipulation, so pretty much all her dialogue on this subject is suspect. Seriously, I don't get how people take her dialogue in Jovian Concord at face value, she literally says that her family went in and messed with her, supposedly taking out Orokin brainwashing... but if she's brainwashed, then of course she'll say that, because that's what she thinks? 'Lotus is evil' theorisers have been treating her as an unreliable narrator for years, why start taking her word as gospel now?

A second - how come the people supposedly brainwashing her decided to remove the part of her programming that would get her to kill the Tenno, but didn't remove or change the part of the programming that got her to destroy the Orokin Empire??? Not to mention, nobody thought to mention to Ballas (who, remember, is an extremely significant part of the Tenno project) that the Sentient that had managed to infiltrate the Tenno command lines had been brainwashed? Nobody decided that was relevant information?

Thirdly... can the Orokin actually reprogram Sentients? Because the reason that they have the weakness to the void and betrayed the Orokin to begin with is because the Orokin couldn't manipulate them. But Sentients are also known to be psychic - so it's very likely they do have the ability to mentally manipulate each other through good old fashioned gaslighting and other kinds of abuse beamed directly into the victim's metaphorical skull.

37 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

A second - how come the people supposedly brainwashing her decided to remove the part of her programming that would get her to kill the Tenno, but didn't remove or change the part of the programming that got her to destroy the Orokin Empire???

Actually, it was a part of the plan to use the tenno to destroy Orokin and then finish the tenno themselves, so brainwashing, if occured, took place sometime after the Outer Terminus slaughter

4 hours ago, lighthoof said:

Actually, it was a part of the plan to use the tenno to destroy Orokin and then finish the tenno themselves, so brainwashing, if occured, took place sometime after the Outer Terminus slaughter

"My light remade by the creators."

Her claim is that the Orokin did it. Not to mention, who was there to actually do the reprogramming after the collapse? How come they have the facilities and means after the collapse and genetic lock-outs of most of the system's tech, and not before when everything was fine and functional?

11 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Here is the thing, since DE has admitted a few times they make the lore on the go there will be times when the outcome is very predictable, for that purpose I am pretty sure they will force us to forgive the Lotus and restore the status quo

I agree they won't rerecord all the Lotus lines, but given how long we've had with Lotus dialogue even though she's been gone I think we need to accept that DE will do whatever they want and the implication for VO may simply not be realized.

Given what has been happening on the official DE twitter I bet there will be a choice, nothing forced so all the edgelords can get their murder on if that what floats their boat.

For the rest of us I'll be there will be an opportunity for an explaination, redemption and forgiveness of the Natah/Lotus Hybrid as she comes to terms will all the sides of herself.

Edited by SilentMobius

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

"My light remade by the creators."

Her claim is that the Orokin did it. Not to mention, who was there to actually do the reprogramming after the collapse? How come they have the facilities and means after the collapse and genetic lock-outs of most of the system's tech, and not before when everything was fine and functional?

My bet is she's talking about Ballas, which is why she's punishing him now.

IMHO The Hunhow/Ballas plan was to give the Mimic Natah a cover personality and Ballas saw the oppertunity to recreate a version of Margulis so he gave Natah Margulis "engrams" or similar. It wasn't brainwashing at all, and all of the action of the Lotus are something that Natah would do given a blank slate, it's just that once Natah was freed from the imposed persona she became reactionary against it and views it as something "Done to her".

We'll be finding out about her past and realizing how #*!%ed up it was and how being Lotus was actually the first time she could be herself and actually care for others. But at the same time understand that she is a Sentient (Which from out perspective doesn't need to be implicitly bad)

The Void and the-man-in-the-wall/Lotus-Mother will throw spanners in the works as we go though.

That's my guess anyway

Edited by SilentMobius

16 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I agree they won't rerecord all the Lotus lines, but given how long we've had with Lotus dialogue even though she's been gone I think we need to accept that DE will do whatever they want and the implication for VO may simply not be realized.

Given what has been happening on the official DE twitter I bet there will be a choice, nothing forced so all the edgelords can get their murder on if that what floats their boat.

For the rest of us I'll be there will be an opportunity for an explaination, redemption and forgiveness of the Natah/Lotus Hybrid as she comes to terms will all the sides of herself.

The best case, for me, would be that:

• Natah becomes free of any kind of mental manipulation and CHOSES the Tenno, making her own Sentient splinter faction.
  • But the Lotus would be gone, we get Ordis as full time Navigator and we do missions on our own.
  • Natah and the Tenno would ally in future events/quests.

Lotus was, seemly, a facede. If so, the Tenno lose a mother figure (again) and gain a more powerful ally. Natah has the tentative trust of the Tenno, she has memories of thinking of them as her children, but she no longer has those feelings, making the oliver branch between them quiet awkward. Pretty bittersweet.

11 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Here is the thing, since DE has admitted a few times they make the lore on the go there will be times when the outcome is very predictable, for that purpose I am pretty sure they will force us to forgive the Lotus and restore the status quo (considering they are probably never re-recording any mission control lines with someone else), so let's see if we predict how they will write themselves into a corner this time.

• Natah was playing triple agent to protect the Tenno, she could have just leave some clues but she never bothered to, The New War may cause millions of deaths but like any good old villain from Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, etc. the genocides will be set aside because reasons.

I want there to be an option to have her die or live.

We don't necessarily have to kill her rather than just refuse to save her life.

I would replace lotus with ordis voice with a heartbeat

13 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

My bet is she's talking about Ballas, which is why she's punishing him now.

IMHO The Hunhow/Ballas plan was to give the Mimic Natah a cover personality and Ballas saw the oppertunity to recreate a version of Margulis so he gave Natah Margulis "engrams" or similar. It wasn't brainwashing at all, and all of the action of the Lotus are something that Natah would do given a blank slate, it's just that once Natah was freed from the imposed persona she became reactionary against it and views it as something "Done to her".

Ballas would absolutely know in that case, and wouldn't be talking about how she deceived him in chimera. It's unlikely he got deceived by what he did himself.

20 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

We'll be finding out about her past and realizing how #*!%ed up it was and how being Lotus was actually the first time she could be herself and actually care for others. But at the same time understand that she is a Sentient (Which from out perspective doesn't need to be implicitly bad)

The Void and the-man-in-the-wall/Lotus-Mother will throw spanners in the works as we go though.

That's my guess anyway

I don't necessarily think something like this would  require her having been brainwashed by the Orokin - or even for her manipulation by the Sentients to be the standard fair more than just straight-up abuse and gaslighting enhanced with psychic influence. 

We also need to bear in mind that she's defined her personality on other people for millenia. First she was the mimic - the daughter: Natah. Then she was the mother, Margulis's successor, Lotus. Along with this tidbit from Ask-a-Cephalon, it's entirely possible she's never actually really thought about who she is herself.

I did recently learn that the color purple is not her favorite color. This knowledge has been stored for future reference, despite its limited applications.

Purple being the colour she applies to everything associated with her. Interesting detail, that.

In which case, such a story like this could well come to pass, as she figures out who she is. Possibly complete with a full-on redesign and new role in gameplay.

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

(considering they are probably never re-recording any mission control lines with someone else)

Which is the entire point of Ordis's holo-Lotus

As for the topic, there will likely be some kind of decision in New War. I highly doubt that any attempt to kill Natah will actually succeed, but my prediction is we'll get to try, in such a way that it won't actually make a difference which we choose (i.e. War Within)

3 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

I suspect that means we will be stuck with fake Lotus for the rest of our lives.