Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn's augment should be baseline for all sentinels.

Vinceant

Sentinels are great... except they never survive anywhere that's difficult. Which means you absolutely have to use Djinn or you just go without vacuum or the heal beam. This is especially true on the plains (which are broken and way too hard for the level they are), or Orb Vallis. The bigger problem there is you're supposed to stay out on these open world places for hours at a time.

Therefore, all sentinels should respawn after awhile. They should also be about 2x tougher than they are (at least against AoE), and regen health as a baseline.

• Like 2

I've said this before, but:

Sentinels should respawn 2 minutes after they die, an infinite number of times. Max Regen should reduce this 60 seconds, Prime Regen to 30/40 seconds. This way, you never lose your Pet and thus access to basic QOL features permanently, but you still suffer a penalty for losing it in the first place. This also retains the importance of Regen mods, while at the same time never cutting their effectiveness. It ALSO ALSO means that staying in Free Roam maps for multiple bounties doesn't come with the penalty of losing your Sentinel to attrition.

And yes, I'm perfectly fine with extending this to Beasts. Those can't use Regen mods so their respawn will always be 2 minutes, but that shouldn't matter so much because you can revive them endlessly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I've said this before, but:

Sentinels should respawn 2 minutes after they die, an infinite number of times. Max Regen should reduce this 60 seconds, Prime Regen to 30/40 seconds. This way, you never lose your Pet and thus access to basic QOL features permanently, but you still suffer a penalty for losing it in the first place. This also retains the importance of Regen mods, while at the same time never cutting their effectiveness. It ALSO ALSO means that staying in Free Roam maps for multiple bounties doesn't come with the penalty of losing your Sentinel to attrition.

And yes, I'm perfectly fine with extending this to Beasts. Those can't use Regen mods so their respawn will always be 2 minutes, but that shouldn't matter so much because you can revive them endlessly.

How about Reawaken becomes a passive (1.5 minutes instead of 2) for all sentinels and Regen/Primed Regen work exactly as they do now?

21 minutes ago, nslay said:

How about Reawaken becomes a passive (1.5 minutes instead of 2) for all sentinels and Regen/Primed Regen work exactly as they do now?

The numbers themselves are flexible. I personally picked a number that's close to half a Survival "wave," to be reduced drastically by Regen mods, but I'm open to other balance points. We agree on the general idea, though - let Sentinels and Beasts regenerate an infinite amount of time after a delay, let Regeneration mods (for pets which can equip them) shorten that delay. Far as I'm concerned, that's a win-win.

To be perfectly honest, permanently losing your Sentinel is one of those features of Warframe which feel legitimately "anti-fun." We get that you like being able to actually pick up items and see loot through walls, but we're going to take that away from you because Emmisary enemies spam AoE like it's going out of style. Especially since Sentinels tend to die a lot when you swap to your Operator. I'm fine with having to safeguard my Sentinel, but losing it permanently just makes the remainder of the mission into an unfun slog.

I still think there should be a Sentinel Repair Kit gear item, about as expensive as Air Support Charges, that instantly restores a Sentinel, including restoring (Primed) Regen charges.

However, this is hardly necessary, nor should Reawaken be universal or built-in.  I do enough high-level stuff, and I tend to only lose them if I'm playing overly carelessly or brought a low-level one with a half-finished build along to a level 40+ mission and aren't playing (just off the top of my head) Nezha, Gara, Oberon, or Zephyr who all have a way to protect their sentinel even further.  Any one or more of those things (An actual build, a frame that can support them, or just not being careless) and I usually just don't lose them even in lengthy open world sessions or arbitrations.

Maybe they could make the Link Health, Link Armor, and Link Shields mods usable on sentinels? I don't know, but they need something. It used to be that sentinels were the only companions worth using. I think that has now turned around completely, due to Fetch and the Link mods, and now MOAs and kavats are the best companions, with kubrows and sentinels being underpowered. Sentinels do offer some useful powers, but their survivability is terrible.