Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thread derailed gloriously!

Chicken-Biryani

Rework it. Dump everything, including Lunaro, and just introduce the Dog Days gun with trajectory and travel time. In fact, make projectile weapons compulsory and completely remove hitscan from the mode. Make the players sweat.

Also, a reduced endo cost for conclave mods would be nice since I'm on a constant shortage given how my entire plat income is based around selling top-rank minmaxing mods.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb DeMonkey:

So what you're actually saying is, "be better than lots of clans who are metagaming and perverting the entire system".

It's simple when you put it that way. /s

So basicaly you said, that you dont unterstand the basic core mechanic of every game that is competitiv. oof. I hope you don't play LoL, CS:GO, any BR game, Starcraft or anything else.
Besides of that - Yes, 100% taxes were wrong. Just revamp the system so that it will not effect other players. Done.

Gerade eben schrieb DeMonkey:

If you managed to get that from my post, there's something wrong with your ability to read.

Well, since you are not able to see a competitive gamemode unbiased/wrong and with a BIG lack of knowledge, I guess we have equal disabilities 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -VS-Zany said:

Well, since you are not able to see a competitive gamemode unbiased/wrong and with a BIG lack of knowledge, I guess we have equal disabilities 🙂

I have that disability too, since I'm more inclined to agree with DeMonkey. 

Or... you could be wrong, but who'd think that right?

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd sooner remove my eyes with a rusty spork than see "One Clan Owns Everything the Game" return.

Just circumvent that by being better than them. That is the very essence of competetive play. If everyone else is S#&$ then you will have a situation like that.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

So what you're actually saying is, "be better than lots of clans who are metagaming and perverting the entire system".

It's simple when you put it that way. /s

Because it is. This game isn't very hard to master.

• Like 4

Gerade eben schrieb sleepychewbacca:

I have that disability too, since I'm more inclined to agree with DeMonkey. 

Or... you could be wrong, but who'd think that right?

Okay, i will predict something now. Totaly out of the blue.... You two don't know how Sola Rails worked. 100%.

Just now, -VS-Zany said:

Well, since you are not able to see a competitive gamemode unbiased/wrong and with a BIG lack of knowledge

The Hek does that even mean?

Competitive games are based upon the concept of all players being on some form of equal ground, Solar Rails literally had no method of smaller clans being able to have any major impact on the relative stranglehold that large clans had on everything. The result of this was a collective of large clans controlling everything and abusing the ever-living bejeezus out of the systems.

You've cited CS:GO for one example, imagine if it was 1 team of the usual number vs a team of 200, that wouldn't be competitive right? Because one team has several times the numeric advantage which makes any actual skill at the game meaningless provided at least 5 of the 200 can land bullets.

Gerade eben schrieb sleepychewbacca:

Never heard of Sola Rails, so yeah. 

Totally 100%. 

Well, your opinion is not relevant then. Ask in your clan how funny Sola Rails was. It was REALLY funny. DeMonkey was around that time and was 100% not knowledgeable to understand the core mechanic.

Just now, -VS-Zany said:

Well, your opinion is not relevant then. Ask in your clan how funny Sola Rails was. It was REALLY funny. DeMonkey was around that time and was 100% not knowledgeable to understand the core mechanic.

Of course, if you're talking about Solar Rails then of course many of us know what that is. 

But I've never been around for Sola Rails, so no. It's some content that predates me. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Aldain:

Competitive games are based upon the concept of all players being on some form of equal ground, Solar Rails literally had no method of smaller clans being able to have any major impact on the relative stranglehold that large clans had on everything. The result of this was a collective of large clans controlling everything and abusing the ever-living bejeezus out of the systems.

Small clans had the option, and used it. Check your history facts.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

The entire system was geard toward alliances, so if you're trying to fight by yourself without anyone to back you up you're going to lose regardless. Invictus and Coup de Grace held their own rails for the longest time before they took it down, both backed by their own alliance ICE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, --C--Nehra said:

Since a lot of stuff is being said about conclave, I wanna ask you guys that if you were in the dev team, what would you do with conclave.

1) Rework it

2) Leave it be

3) Delete it

Or anything else?

(Plz stop derailing my thread, if you don't wanna answer a much discussed topic, you are free to move on, instead of cluttering it with useless illrelevant stuff.)

(This is not me complaining, in any way, shape or form... I am just presenting a hypothetical scenario, and curious to see what people will do, if in the shoes of the dev team!)

Delete it. I've tried playing it back at MR 4 and I waited long and found no one. This was years ago

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

- conclave exclusive mods should be allowd to be used in pve even if its nich or useless

If they're allowed in PvE then it needs to be obtainable in PvE.  Forcing people to play PvP in a primarily PvE game in order to have all options in PvE available to them is just crap.  All that will happen is that people will use alt accounts/friend groups along with the low PvP population to boost each other until they have rewards.  I know 10+ people who did this just to get the conclave weapon skins for their Wraiths/Vandals before they could be colour customised.  If you're going to try and make more people play conclave, do it by making conclave more enjoyable.

To answer OP, I would just scrap it.  The time needed to make it popular is far too great, and in a game already lacking content (MR fodder doesn't count as content) that time can be better used.  The strife it causes on the forums is another negative since PvPers want more people to play PvP despite the fact the vast majority of players only play Warframe for PvE.  I gave PvP a chance when it released (and for the next 2-3 revisions) and all it did was confirm that I hate Warframe PvP.  The only version I even slightly enjoyed were the rail conflicts and that was because I could play the objective by clearing all the AI for my team so they could focus on other players.

Also as others mentioned at the start of this thread, there was no point in creating a new thread when so many already exist.  You said you could do what you want but all this does is make the forums messier.  Looking at this from a moderation perspective, the repeat threads are just pathetic and should all be consolidated.  For context I'm a moderator for a few sites including the Warframe Wiki, so when I say "from a moderation perspective", I mean from the perspective I usually default to when looking at new threads.  I've made far too many "wrong section" and (applicable in your case) "use the search function" comments, yet I'll keep making them when they apply.

6 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

You said you could do what you want but all this does is make the forums messier. 

That's your opinion. P.S. Everything you said is irrelevant to the thread and makes it look the mess it is turned out to be, because people are busy fighting one another, and u too are a culprit in this.

2 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

So you would call even the second paragraph irrelevant?  The one where I directly answer what you're asking in your thread, and go on to give reasoning for it?  Heh, whatever.

Lol, you wrote a long essay and I just read the last part. My bad. I had to read so many irrelevant messages too. So, that's my excuse.

1 minute ago, --C--Nehra said:

Lol, you wrote a long essay and I just read the last part. My bad. I had to read so many irrelevant messages too. So, that's my excuse.

Debatory ethics bind both parties to completely, thoughtfully, and with good faith read or listen to, and then with good faith interpret the arguments of the other side, though if and only if it can be reasonably assumed that the argument being received was also made in good faith (e.g  is not a Gish Gallop). "tldr"s have no place in a debate conducted in good faith entirely and therefore a "tldr" delegitimises the participant who engages in such behaviour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

If a stated TL:DR isn't given then it's usually best to read the whole thing, or just not read it but then not reply.  By replying there is an expectation that you properly read the comment.  And honestly your excuse is not really an excuse, just something you need to be better at.  And because it apparently needs to be stated in every written comment made on the internet where the reader will imply insult, I'm meaning what I said as a proper teaching moment rather than being huffy and trying to prove superiority.

PS: 3 paragraphs with only 352 words isn't an essay.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Correct 'you' to 'your' on second line.

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

If a stated TL:DR isn't given then it's usually best to read the whole thing, or just not read it but then not reply.  By replying there is an expectation that you properly read the comment.  And honestly you excuse is not really an excuse, just something you need to be better at.  And because it apparently needs to be stated in every written comment made on the internet where the reader will imply insult, I'm meaning what I said as a proper teaching moment rather than being huffy and trying to prove superiority.

PS: 3 paragraphs with only 352 words isn't an essay.

2 minutes ago, evilChair said:

Debatory ethics bind both parties to completely, thoughtfully, and with good faith read or listen to, and then with good faith interpret the arguments of the other side, though if and only if it can be reasonably assumed that the argument being received was also made in good faith (e.g  is not a Gish Gallop). "tldr"s have no place in a debate conducted in good faith entirely and therefore a "tldr" delegitimises the participant who engages in such behaviour.

I see, and I accepted it. 

And by the way, I didn't open a debate oriented thread. Just saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

I think it's clear, that DE wants to distance themself from Conclave, thus this idea in the first place.

But the Warframe community and it's sense of entitlement casued a major sh!tstorm and thus they had to step back from the decision.

And whilst it’s a big ish storm regardless they pissed some off and made some happy my point they going to do what they want regardless.

1 hour ago, -VS-Zany said:

Rails sucked man I’d rather redo conclave 100% times then fight a bunch of “meta” which gets boring if your not using meta clans