Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Index Bounty

Ashengrace

Question

I took some time off for work, came back a week or so ago to find nightwave series going on. I was stoked to see that you could recover old bounties now, and I had been making steady progress with them trying to get nightwave done before the series ends. But now I've come across the Index weekly bounty where you have to win 3 matches without letting the enemy team score. This bounty is bullsh*t. I'm currently stuck with only that bounty and cant recover any other ones, no one replies in recruiting, and the only people that queue dont care and let the enemy team score. The only way to get this one done is probably when its the weekly for everyone and there are other people trying to work towards it.

This is garbage, how am i supposed to make up for lost time with an impossible bounty in my way?

12 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Limbo, Octavia, Equinox etc. are all pretty easy and do the low one since it only needs 50 points per round

Especially Limbo based on my experience. I ran mine with 169 duration, 130 efficiency, 280 range, and 40 strength and by using Cataclysm and Stasis they couldn't turn any points in. I just ran it with public matchmaking and focused on defense while the randoms would usually turn in the points themselves. I did see a YTer solo this challenge using limbo as-well, but I am not that brave.  

That Nightwave act is one of the worsts... I got it done by accident, joined people in a public squad who have been doing it, back when it was new. Otherwise I'd never have it completed.

That squad solved the problem with a Mesa who was camping at the enemy score location, didn't really move, marked the index points for us. But as the others said, Limbo is also a good idea if you have him, or I can imagine a high strength Nova or a high range Khora could also do the trick. Public matchmaking is fine, or maybe recruit for a 3 round index match (not specifically for the NW act, if you take the defensive role yourself anyway).

4 hours ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

I believe that is an act from last week, so you should still be seeing 3.

Once you've completed this week, it will always show 3 all the way back until you have no more to complete.

Try re-logging, and you should start seeing 3 again.

Are you sure though? For example, I have only one act from a previous week on my list, and I'm sure I haven't done everything else (specifically remember one of the thumper acts being bugged and impossible to complete, and there surely were others).

On 2019-09-21 at 3:43 AM, Ashengrace said:

I took some time off for work, came back a week or so ago to find nightwave series going on. I was stoked to see that you could recover old bounties now, and I had been making steady progress with them trying to get nightwave done before the series ends. But now I've come across the Index weekly bounty where you have to win 3 matches without letting the enemy team score. This bounty is bullsh*t. I'm currently stuck with only that bounty and cant recover any other ones, no one replies in recruiting, and the only people that queue dont care and let the enemy team score. The only way to get this one done is probably when its the weekly for everyone and there are other people trying to work towards it.

This is garbage, how am i supposed to make up for lost time with an impossible bounty in my way?

The index nightwave bounty is actually not as you stated "bullsh*t". It is very easy provided you have a Limbo or Khora playing goalie. The other 3 players do the killing and banking. The goalie does just that, defends the enemy scoring point. On PS4 every day I see recruiting posts for this bounty that get posted only once as presumably have full teams which then complete the bounty. To make it easier, just do low level index. Remember, in this instance, you are doing index to complete the bounty, not to get max credits.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2019-09-20 at 7:43 PM, Ashengrace said:

It's easily done with Octavia solo. Good range and duration, camp enemy scoring point. Always keep mallet close to the point and in view. Don't use resonator, keep yourself invisible, use ulti when you have spare energy. Don' pick up points, let specters score. I use this cheese solo tactic whenever i get credit booster, my record is 19 easy waves before enemy scored points. 

Edit: Also, strong ammo efficient weapon might be useful if stupid specters decide to stay with you- they draw aggro from mallet. For this reason i also recomend enemy radar aura, so you can spot enemies that could bypass your mallets range. 

Edited by (PS4)Jacobivan

Easiest with 2 people. 1 to pick up the points and dump them and 1 who's sole purpose is to prevent the enemy from scoring especially at those times that the first one is off taking in points. My suggestion is 1 Rhino (can carry all the points with ease) and a Frost.

Frost bubble doesn't need lots of energy  and stays up for a considerable amount of time, will also slow down the enemies.

Gara can work but don't forget that the flyers can and will get over the wall.

Khora needs to recast way to often to my taste to make it doable.

Afterall, everytime you need energy you'll be running of to a energy spawn spot and have to hope that in the mean while the enemy doesn't score.

On 2019-09-20 at 8:05 PM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Are you sure though? For example, I have only one act from a previous week on my list, and I'm sure I haven't done everything else (specifically remember one of the thumper acts being bugged and impossible to complete, and there surely were others).

I can't state this with 100% certainty, but it has been my experience. And I have seen a couple of similar comments on reddit.

I started this nightwave a few weeks in, and spent a weekend working my way back through the first couple weeks. Multiple times I would complete an act or 2 then have only 2 or 1 showing. After traveling to my dojo or doing a mission most of the time 3 would show again. I got down to 1 challenge, thought I should have more based on my calculations. Tried traveling and didn't get one, then tried relogging and that worked. I did a similar thing a couple weeks later. I have since been playing a kind of week on/week off since hitting 30 and multiple times have found relogging worked to show me 3 acts.

It's possible that is doesn't always work, or that some acts are bugged, but it's a least worth a try.