Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protective Dash exists. Use it.

(PSN)alexadusei

Dunno why, but I've gotten a lot of crap for protecting Kuva Siphon Extractors as Limbo. Fine, whatever. What pisses me off is that the same community that unloads so much bile on Limbo players don't have the sense to show up with Protective Dash to compensate for the damage the extractor inevitably sustains now that the community on all platforms has succeeded in chasing Limbo's away from helping them. So here's my PSA: Either look up what Protective Dash is, invest in it and equip it before a survival or forfeit your right to screech at a Limbo for protecting an objective. Here's a link to the wiki page on it https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Vazarin

I am so done being the only guy on the squad healing the extractor 9/10 times

• Like 1

I feel like most people wouldn't know about it? I'm playing for a while and I'm content with my energizing dash and passively leveling focus stuff, just working my way towards the waybounds. A bunch of people I met also share this view point.

...also, I usually run an oberon so I don't look for more healing. The protective dash looks good though, I've nothing against it.

Whatever kind of idiots they are they're too many. Doesn't matter that I'm only putting the Rift up and freezing enemies when theres a siphon in need of protecting. Doesn't matter that I'm not banishing enemies. Doesn't matter that it gets taken down the instant the siphon pops. I get crapped on regardless

2 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Okay, but why tho? 

1. Any range bigger than the absolute minimum freezes enemies, instead of letting them walk closer to you -> you have to go to the enemies to kill them -> you kill slower, which is bad in survival. I know some people build for small cataclysms, but some don't so I wanted to mention it. (This problem is further amplified by the kuva fortress tileset, because in some tiles two floors can be so close together that cataclysm reaches to the next floor and the enemies get stuck there)

2. It's mostly about not being able to kill the enemies that get frozen, if I'm outside the bubble, so I have to move inside the small bubble to kill them and then back out again to kill anyone else. It's just an extra layer of work, that doesn't  really provide huge benfits to me. Limbo just makes the mission harder.

3. Sometimes I like to stand right next to the kuva thingy and shoot everything from there and that's something I cant do with a cataclysm. But that's more of a minor personal thing.

• Like 16

The main reason is the amount of troll limbos and the normal limbos.

I respect a good limbo player because i know that mastering limbo is hard but they are too few. 

There are too many players that have bad experiences with troll limbos and have started not to trust them.

I understand your frustration as i like to bring limbo for kuva but only in pre made teams.

When theres a pub, they see limbo, they leave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K4RN4 said:

1. Any range bigger than the absolute minimum freezes enemies, instead of letting them walk closer to you -> you have to go to the enemies to kill them -> you kill slower, which is bad in survival. I know some people build for small cataclysms, but some don't so I wanted to mention it. (This problem is further amplified by the kuva fortress tileset, because in some tiles two floors can be so close together that cataclysm reaches to the next floor and the enemies get stuck there)

2. It's mostly about not being able to kill the enemies that get frozen, if I'm outside the bubble, so I have to move inside the small bubble to kill them and then back out again to kill anyone else. It's just an extra layer of work, that doesn't  really provide huge benfits to me. Limbo just makes the mission harder.

3. Sometimes I like to stand right next to the kuva thingy and shoot everything from there and that's something I cant do with a cataclysm. But that's more of a minor personal thing.

Huh...well crap, those are all pretty valid points, I could see how that could be frustrating for others. Personally I never minded going into the bubble to kill enemies, but yeah...still, it really sticks in my craw that more people aren't using Protective dash. I see Zenurik energy bubbles every mission, but can count on my hand the number of times I've seen others healing the siphon and teammates with Vazarins protective ability

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Melkfet said:

The main reason is the amount of troll limbos and the normal limbos.

I respect a good limbo player because i know that mastering limbo is hard but they are too few. 

There are too many players that have bad experiences with troll limbos and have started not to trust them.

This! So much this! And sorry this is off topic, but it's a sore point.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Dunno why, but I've gotten a lot of crap for protecting Kuva Siphon Extractors as Limbo. Fine, whatever. What pisses me off is that the same community that unloads so much bile on Limbo players don't have the sense to show up with Protective Dash to compensate for the damage the extractor inevitably sustains now that the community on all platforms has succeeded in chasing Limbo's away from helping them. So here's my PSA: Either look up what Protective Dash is, invest in it and equip it before a survival or forfeit your right to screech at a Limbo for protecting an objective. Here's a link to the wiki page on it https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Vazarin

I am so done being the only guy on the squad healing the extractor 9/10 times

Stopping your allies from attacking enemies is not protecting an objective.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Stopping your allies from attacking enemies is not protecting an objective.

You can attack them from outside the bubble with Warframe abilities...whatever, I've already heard some pretty good points on why many don't like Limbo, so I'm over it. Main point is, more people need to know to bring Protective Dash to protect the siphon, especially after enemies hit above lvl 100. It's incredibly frustrating being the only guy on the squad with it trying to keep the squads kill rate up while also having to keep an eye on the extractors health at all times

5 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

You can attack them from outside the bubble with Warframe abilities...whatever, I've already heard some pretty good points on why many don't like Limbo, so I'm over it. Main point is, more people need to know to bring Protective Dash to protect the siphon, especially after enemies hit above lvl 100. It's incredibly frustrating being the only guy on the squad with it trying to keep the squads kill rate up while also having to keep an eye on the extractors health at all times

And if you’re on a frame like Harrow that doesn’t kill with his abilities? You have to dodge around limbos cataclysm as if it was an enemies own ability. Limbo slows down content and makes it more complicated to kill the enemies.

Unless it’s a clan mate or a friend, I leave any mission a Limbo is in.

He’s the only warframe in the game that makes missions more difficult for his squad.

What focus school people invest in is also a personal choice. The vast majority of players will only ever level up one focus school. So they choose Zenurik because it’s the correct choice. It’s viable in just about all content.

Vazarin is niche, and if it’s the only focus school you’re going to invest in, you’re going to make most of the game unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

Personally, I solo most content, and have no issue defending objectives.

But yeah, Limbo forces me out of positions where I can defend 2-3 lanes at once by myself, and forces me to get face to face with enemies. Which takes an unnecessarily long amount of time.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

I see many of the complaints here is about not being able to kill stuff in the rift, but doesn't Warframe abilities bypass it though? And Saryn happens to be a popular pick in kuvival.

But a tip for Limbo is to run max duration and negative range with the help of narrow minded, the bubble is still big enough to cover the extractor and doesn't get in the way of your trigger happy teammates either. Also use black as a energy colour for everyone's sake, you aren't dazzling anyone with that bright pink bubble, same can be said about people's weapons but that's another topic

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Vazarin is niche, and if it’s the only focus school you’re going to invest in, you’re going to make most of the game unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

It might be niche, but in a mode like Kuva Survival its one big sell node makes a lot of difference between a successful run and a string of destroyed extractors. Having the ability to first invul and then heal everything from consoles to extractors to teammates and their pets should definitely be a thing most players invest in after maxing out the obligatory Zenurik tree

Just now, (PS4)alexadusei said:

It might be niche, but in a mode like Kuva Survival its one big sell node makes a lot of difference between a successful run and a string of destroyed extractors. Having the ability to first invul and then heal everything from consoles to extractors to teammates and their pets should definitely be a thing most players invest in after maxing out the obligatory Zenurik tree

On that we agree, but I would wager 80% of the payers that invest in focus AT ALL don’t even finish Zenurik. So to answer your question, the reason you don’t see protective dash, is because very few people have it, or even plan to get it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Although in a dev stream a month or two ago it was mentioned that they want to make focus an “all the time thing.” So it should eventually get a lot easier to obtain.

Which might mean we get a lot more freedom with our focus schools. Between other people on your squad having energising dash, 1-4 arcane energises on each team, squad energy restores and rage, energising dash can already be overkill.

Out of all the other focus schools, I personally think Vazarin is the second best.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

16 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

I see many of the complaints here is about not being able to kill stuff in the rift, but doesn't Warframe abilities bypass it though? And Saryn happens to be a popular pick in kuvival.

But a tip for Limbo is to run max duration and negative range with the help of narrow minded, the bubble is still big enough to cover the extractor and doesn't get in the way of your trigger happy teammates either. Also use black as a energy colour for everyone's sake, you aren't dazzling anyone with that bright pink bubble, same can be said about people's weapons but that's another topic

That's actually some solid advice in favor of neg range on Limbo, I might try it out if I ever play Limbo in Kuvival again

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Huh...well crap, those are all pretty valid points, I could see how that could be frustrating for others. Personally I never minded going into the bubble to kill enemies, but yeah...still, it really sticks in my craw that more people aren't using Protective dash. I see Zenurik energy bubbles every mission, but can count on my hand the number of times I've seen others healing the siphon and teammates with Vazarins protective ability

You never minded because it's not an issue. The guy literally said he just wants to stand there and shoot. Why should anyone even have to move at all lol

While I don't play Limbo much anymore I know all too well the feeling of being not only the only person using Vazarin but also the only one even trying to protect a defense target.

Though to chime into the Limbo discussion going on here; there are far fewer "troll" Limbo players than people think there are. Besides those who are intentionally trolling people with Limbo there is one thing that really sets apart Limbo players: those who're just playing the mission and those who're concerned with what their squad is thinking of what they're doing.

If a Limbo is just playing the mission and wants to defend something then they'll just do it feeling/knowing that what they're doing is helping defend it. While ones who're concerned with what others are thinking are going to avoid unnecessary casts as to not accidentally inconvenience others. And within both of these groups one will find both good and bad Limbo players.

Also to ever complain about what Limbo is doing, if they aren't genuinely trolling, is literally the same as complaining about a Mesa or Saryn killing enemies faster than you. You're complaining about someone using a frame as they're designed and intended to be used. If you want to complain about Limbo then take it up with DE, not the player.

Edited by trst
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, trst said:

While I don't play Limbo much anymore I know all too well the feeling of being not only the only person using Vazarin but also the only one even trying to protect a defense target.

Though to chime into the Limbo discussion going on here; there are far fewer "troll" Limbo players than people think there are. Besides those who are intentionally trolling people with Limbo there is one thing that really sets apart Limbo players: those who're just playing the mission and those who're concerned with what their squad is thinking of what they're doing.

If a Limbo is just playing the mission and wants to defend something then they'll just do it feeling/knowing that what they're doing is helping defend it. While ones who're concerned with what others are thinking are going to avoid unnecessary casts as to not accidentally inconvenience others. And within both of these groups one will find both good and bad Limbo players.

Also to ever complain about what Limbo is doing, if they aren't genuinely trolling, is literally the same as complaining about a Mesa or Saryn killing enemies faster than you. You're complaining about someone using a frame as they're designed and intended to be used. If you want to complain about Limbo then take it up with DE, not the player.

If you complain about Mesa or Saryn making content easier, then you’re being argumentative and hostile for no reason. If you want the game to be harder okay by yourself.

But getting angry at Limbo for slowing games down, and making enemies more complicated to kill? That’s pretty damn reasonable.

Obviously his design is the problem, but DE isn’t going to change him, so all we can do is ask “Limbo can you please not 4.”

1 minute ago, trst said:

Word. Not sure what the solution is, but for now I'm just using Saryn to nuke everything while hoping the squad is protecting the siphon while I'm away keeping air supply dropping from enemies, because its less of a hassle than dealing with the extremely toxic anti Limbo brigade. And yeah, squads that actually protect siphons, especially after SHTF enemy levels, are a rarity. Which is what frustrated me enough to make this thread.