Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealoids complete scans

(PSN)R3N36AD3

21 minutes ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

Really, really hoping you're right.

Me too. It would be such a big punch in the nuts if we wouldn't see him.

I think maybe they want to make him an infested assasin like stalker. Or at the very end of the season he will become a boss like the wolf. And the boss we have now is a practice for that fight.

3 hours ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

The thing about Warframe is that we are so over powered that almost nothing in the game can take us out. The wolf took that away from the most of us and made some of us feel inadequate. That's what i like about him.

Zealoid Prelate on the other hand, is just another boss to me. Having that invulnerability phase is not really much of a challenge because they lay out everything for you, you just have to follow the bread crumbs. And the drops.. 33% is really high compared to the sledge. I got all parts in 7 runs. Talk about easy mode.

Yes, the wolf is a bullet sponge, but isn't he the only one in the game? And he only becomes a bullet sponge if you're unprepared or can't take him down fast enough. Talking about "unique mechanic," almost all bosses in the game have invulnerability phase. What's so unique about that? I got my weapon. I got my scans. What reason do I have to go back to the fight?

There are various forms of "nothing can take us out", which can be roughly split into 3 categories:

1) never get hit (loki, ash, octavia, ivara - invis; limbo's rift; baruuk's dodge)

2) mass CC (nyx/revenant mind control, vauban/nidus total immobilise, nekros army of distractions)

3) TANK VON TANKMCTANKFACE (chroma, valkyr, inaros)

Category 3 is by far the most popular. Wolf never did anything about that. He also didn't have magic tachyon sensors like corpus and sentient bosses do, so you could still stay alive by being invisible.

Being prepared for a boss is one thing when you know that you're going to face it. That's fine. If I'm going to fight a profit taker, I know that I'm fighting a profit taker and need to bring an archgun. If I'm going to fight Hek or Lephantis, I can't do it sword alone, but I know that I'm going to fight them and can prepare.

Wolf as a boss node was fine. Wolf as a random encounter was not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oreades said:

Honestly I think if they'd even at the very least flat out stated that the Zealoid we are fighting is the converted Kenga it would have sat a lot better, because we would have had some loose connection to the enemy instead of just some rando boss for rando reasons. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=prelate&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB861GB861&oq=prelate&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i61.1346j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I mean, he probably is Kenga.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Me too. It would be such a big punch in the nuts if we wouldn't see him.

I think maybe they want to make him an infested assasin like stalker. Or at the very end of the season he will become a boss like the wolf. And the boss we have now is a practice for that fight.

That really sounds good. I want DE to turn my opinion the other way. Honestly, anything they do at this point and in the days coming, would turn my opinion the other way. Lol

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

There are various forms of "nothing can take us out", which can be roughly split into 3 categories:

1) never get hit (loki, ash, octavia, ivara - invis; limbo's rift; baruuk's dodge)

2) mass CC (nyx/revenant mind control, vauban/nidus total immobilise, nekros army of distractions)

3) TANK VON TANKMCTANKFACE (chroma, valkyr, inaros)

Category 3 is by far the most popular. Wolf never did anything about that. He also didn't have magic tachyon sensors like corpus and sentient bosses do, so you could still stay alive by being invisible.

Being prepared for a boss is one thing when you know that you're going to face it. That's fine. If I'm going to fight a profit taker, I know that I'm fighting a profit taker and need to bring an archgun. If I'm going to fight Hek or Lephantis, I can't do it sword alone, but I know that I'm going to fight them and can prepare.

Wolf as a boss node was fine. Wolf as a random encounter was not.

I have tried several frames to fight the wolf, each falls in the categories you listed. Mirage, Revenant, Hildryn, loki, Zephyr, nyx, nekros, just to name ones i can recall.0 But by far the best one and fastest I can take the wolf down was valkyr. My weapon of choice is either gram prime and/or catchmoon. I would purposely buy and equip mk-1 weapons alongside them just to "bait" him. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but it was always strong in my past experiences, regardless. Sounds silly as I'm typing it, but that's basically how I dealt with the random wolf. I get pretty excited whenever I hear his howl. 

About difficulty its pretty esay for me since Im currently facing lvl 50+ I wish DE include for the future a mechanic to elevate the difficulty of missions, as the fight itself I think its was pretty fun.

A tip if you can handle lvl 30 heavy units by yourself do the figth solo or with a friend, public party are full of Ppoopers 

Wolf easier to kill with Valkyr (public random spawn) even during the wolf event alert, Ash can remove his armor and 1 hit him pretty quick. I do say that this new boss fight is wholesome and more fun to play. What if the zealot herald and baptizer also join us during the fight? That would be nice

9 hours ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

I'm not too keen on his face and would have liked something a little more alien and a lot less silly. The rest of the body is nice.

As for the battle itself, not sure yet...haven't fought him just yet.

Butta-face. Got it. Lol

You should try fighting him solo at least once. Just to see how the fight mechanics works.

7 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

About difficulty its pretty esay for me since Im currently facing lvl 50+ I wish DE include for the future a mechanic to elevate the difficulty of missions, as the fight itself I think its was pretty fun.

A tip if you can handle lvl 30 heavy units by yourself do the figth solo or with a friend, public party are full of Ppoopers 

They did say that in the past streams. It's just a matter of when. Which is Soon(TM)

4 hours ago, FatCuteCat said:

Wolf easier to kill with Valkyr (public random spawn) even during the wolf event alert, Ash can remove his armor and 1 hit him pretty quick. I do say that this new boss fight is wholesome and more fun to play. What if the zealot herald and baptizer also join us during the fight? That would be nice

JackHargreav speculated that they might bring Arlo near the end of the season. So there might still be a chance to make the fight a lot more interesting. Well to me, at least.