Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave intermission is back?

Jjackal

if anyone thought DE was going to consistently pump out cinematics and rewards for nightwave, while doing other stuff- they set themselves up for disappointment. 

- they couldn't even keep up with Simaris scans. All that required was an enemy to scan and some related lore snippets. 

- They couldn't keep up with prime trailers.

We arent seeing another original NW until spring, sooner if they somehow had this thing planned for years before telling us. Either that or we get maybe 1 more cinematic NW before its considered complete and just recycles itself over and over.

I dont really see this as a knock against DE, just the reality of the situation. Content creation has its limits and bottlenecks. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

il y a 27 minutes, T.Hoagie a dit :

Could they have at least moved the Umbral forma down a few levels?, I don't need to play for the cosmetics again.

Really, the Umbral forma is the only reason I would bother doing this intermission.

Thats exactly why they put it at the end. They want you to play. They dont want to please you.

I understand they recycle some content as they are right now full speed on lots of expansive content, and its great for those that missed on past nightwaves, they have another chance to get what they want. Wouldn't say no to some halloween decorations or something so the ones that already got all of that have something new to play beyond arlo's flame

3 hours ago, belanya said:

Thats exactly why they put it at the end. They want you to play. They dont want to please you.

"They don't want to please you", I'm gonna assume you aren't trying to be one of those guys and call me "entitled" because I don't want to repeat the same content for rewards I already have for the only one I would want.

However there is a fine line and breaking point with this sort of thing, it's only a "reward" if the effort is worth putting into it. And that sort of thing can lead to people just not considering it worth their time, so why would they play?. That kind of defeats the whole point of wanting us to play.

8 minutes ago, Jjackal said:

Honestly, I would be fine with all of the recycled content if you just got 50-100 Intermission creds for each duplicate item i.e. armour or syandana (depending on how high of a rank you need for it)

Would be fun for the armor and syandanas to "level up" with more detail, a la the Operations emblem.  Makes duplicates interesting in their rotations.

Either way, good to see people who missed out the first time get a chance in a decent amount of time.

This is season 3 of Nightwave. Not intermission. Its to long to be intermission. They opened up a can of worms here. This won't go away for 2 months. If it does people after the armor will be mad as hell and calling for their heads. 

Can get around 4 and a bit levels per week if you do everything. To get to 30 you need to do everything for 6 weeks. Most people will skip a few they hate like animal captures and mining. So you need 2 months just to appease the player base after armor.

Hek,  at this rate we will need a mini intermission just for this intermission. That means don't expect a new Nightwave until 2020. I suppose they could add wolfy back with his bandits. As well as the infested operator guys and that lantern boss. That could enable everyone to get more points and speed it all along maybe. I wonder if this " Intermission" will have something like that. 

Personally i don't mind. I want the umbra forma and the kuva and creds is alright. Gives me some dailies to do i guess. Just would have preferred more new loot thrown in. New loot is a must. Even if its just some mods for forgotten weapons. New loot is what keeps shooters and looters alive like warframe . 

Edited by bananacat89

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I'm not disputing you, but I do think lacking actual inside knowledge, this long Intermission could be read a number of ways; it could be laziness, or it could be confidence - i.e. they think they don't need a full season because they think they have new content coming. Could be either. Let's hope it's the latter.

Full agreement on hoping it is indeed the latter.