The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoriSei

Just now, LoriSei said:

I re:edit from your last post which PvP is lock till they reach Second Dream to show what Warframe is all about, in a new players point of view "I rather excited to unlock it to play PvP"

Don't forget that operators can't do much on their own until you finish the war within (which would be the first possible lock) but then you still have no amps and as far as i know we still have no idea about the requirements to use the grown up operator in the Duviri Paradox (which could move that lock way further than TWW).

26 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

PvP is lock till they get operator and is a good way introduce them and let them play till the second dream to show what warframe is all about

But then the player has gotten attached to play like a warframe and has to learn and unlock a new system from scraps.

12 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

and what u mean gear check?

A gear check is basically "you can't complete X task until you get gear of Y level". For example, in other PvE games it could be a boss with a powerful health regeneration that's faster than whatever you might have gotten before reaching it and your only option to defeat it is to grind for a gun able to deal damage faster than its HP regeneration.

In operator PvP it would be something along the lines of "no matter how good you are, you stand no chance against other players without X magus + Y amp arcane + all waybounds unlocked + certain focus school maxed, etc". Of course the variables depend on what of these are enabled for the game mode and how are these balanced (which is also the reason why conclave doesn't use most of the PvE mods and has rebalanced weapons)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Don't forget that operators can't do much on their own until you finish the war within (which would be the first possible lock) but then you still have no amps and as far as i know we still have no idea about the requirements to use the grown up operator in the Duviri Paradox (which could move that lock way further than TWW).

But then the player has gotten attached to play like a warframe and has to learn and unlock a new system from scraps.

A gear check is basically "you can't complete X task until you get gear of Y level". For example, in other PvE games it could be a boss with a powerful health regeneration that's faster than whatever you might have gotten before reaching it and your only option to defeat it is to grind for a gun able to deal damage faster than its HP regeneration.

In operator PvP it would be something along the lines of "no matter how good you are, you stand no chance against other players without X magus + Y amp arcane + all waybounds unlocked + certain focus school maxed, etc". Of course the variables depend on what of these are enabled for the game mode and how are these balanced (which is also the reason why conclave doesn't use most of the PvE mods and has rebalanced weapons)

Hi I edited my main post u can check if I missed something

Speaking of which its better if its more simpler than that since u can disable void powers in the arena and use specific weapons and faction armors to make operators faster and powefull, made only for PvP.

Edited by LoriSei

Let me just quickly translate the OP for you guys:

"Hello, I hate Warframe and everything about it, can DE please scrap the entire thing and just make CoD 529?"

Honestly OP, we're not interested in PvP in this game (except for a couple of weirdos) and everything that makes it difficult to balance is an integral part of the rest of the game. Conclave died years ago and it's not worth reviving, give it up.

12 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

No pvp please.

I always hated pvp and in warframe it can't be executed without adding a lot of limitations.

so since you dont like pvp, everyone else has to shut up and not mention it? you are selfish

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

"Hello, I hate Warframe and everything about it, can DE please scrap the entire thing and just make CoD 529?"

Honestly OP, we're not interested in PvP in this game (except for a couple of weirdos) and everything that makes it difficult to balance is an integral part of the rest of the game. Conclave died years ago and it's not worth reviving, give it up.

Mate thats just narrow thinking. Then what about railjack,(spacefight games), Frame Fighter (Street Fighter), Zephyr (Flappy Bird) and Wyrmius (Space Impact) it sound your mentioning that this game dont refer to other games -_-

So your saying I just make the entire thing COD base game then ur just being blatant from my suggestions. And think how majority of PvP player's have in this gaming industry,

It would be a major impact if they done PvP right. Which is a way to generate money and use to to invest for future projects and hire more staff to make the updates much faster 

"On-Time" and no more DE-Layed memes

They fail because its complexity mods and harder to maintain since u need to balance every aspect of Warframe's ability and Weapons at the same time, people complain how bullet jump is annoying, and the feeling of the map becomes smaller because of this.

Thats why I suggest the use of Operators in PvP since its easier to maintain, no modding system, prgression wall and bullet jumping.

All the players either will have its own specialty since I mention (no void mode) it can be weapons and armors from diferent faction that give its own unique powers to make the game immersive in its own way.

So in my point of view theres nothing wrong about it tbh

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Everyone is free to express their opinion. 

This is the typical reasoning of today, and sadly it applies to many other things.
Look friend, you cannot defend free expression when what you defend is exactly to veto what is spoken here. Do you realize where the logic fails?

Returning to the main topic, this is an idea open to many speculations, and with a view to the long term. And it is appreciated that players like Stormdragon give us an opinion on this and share their point of view.
And there are many details beyond our reach, but the hope and enthusiasm for a game to improve does not hurt anyone, and that is how by collaborating together we can do better things

Peace ✌️.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Datskin said:

This is the typical reasoning of today, and sadly it applies to many other things.
Look friend, you cannot defend free expression when what you defend is exactly to veto what is spoken here. Do you realize where the logic fails?

Returning to the main topic, this is an idea open to many speculations, and with a view to the long term. And it is appreciated that players like Stormdragon give us an opinion on this and share their point of view.
And there are many details beyond our reach, but the hope and enthusiasm for a game to improve does not hurt anyone, and that is how by collaborating together we can do better things

Peace ✌️.

I expressed that I don't want more pvp.

It is only you who think I'm shutting up ppl. 

12 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Wait, this is funny, since when have you proclaimed yourself a representative of the entire warframe community? if you are not interested why do you even bother? and don't tell me now that you also defend free expression 😂. Nobody hates Warframe. Don't worry, DE are not going to put aside their agenda just for an idea at the table. You can sleep in peace.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Datskin said:

Wait, this is funny, since when have you proclaimed yourself a representative of the entire warframe community? if you are not interested why do you even bother? and don't tell me now that you also defend free expression 😂. Nobody hates Warframe. Don't worry, DE are not going to put aside their agenda just for an idea at the table. You can sleep in peace.

I may not be "a representative of the entire Warframe community", but I've spent enough time on these forums to understand when my opinions are in the majority and when they are not. My opinions on PvP are very mainstream, but I'm a hipster in terms of Nightwave, Archwing, and Operator content.

OP is free to express their ideas, but must also be prepared for those ideas to be slammed because they're bad. This is the true nature of free expression.

3 hours ago, Bane38 said:

Yeah and tell me how big this PVP base is...

Not unless u want me to be specific?

But looking from a spectrum of games It’s a lot from FPS > MOBA > Battle Royale > Card Games > Strategy Games and a plat-era of games out that that lets you play against other players, and thats what true nature of Player vs Player is all about.

9 minutes ago, Bane38 said:

Imagine the warframe movement on PVP in warframe

yep...thats conclave for you, a place that is extremely empty where only a small part of the community plays it.

The movement is just waaaay to bad for pvp, way to fast and clunky

Thats why my post talks about replacing Warframes for Operators instead.

It gives you back some of its realistic aspect when they implement Operators than Warframes

Edited by LoriSei

2 minutes ago, Bane38 said:

Void dash still exist

Read Main the Original post again (no void) in the Simulacrum Arena means no AMP and such and must rely on weapons and gears from faction to teach them proper self defense and not relying on void powers all the time

2 hours ago, LoriSei said:

Read Main the Original post again (no void) in the Simulacrum Arena means no AMP and such and must rely on weapons and gears from faction to teach them proper self defense and not relying on void powers all the time

Operator PvP with no void powers is Corpus Crewman PvP. It's been suggested before, people nodded at each other, decided that would be a decent game (but not Warframe) and left again. It's not something I'd play, and it's not something I'd want eating up dev time.

16 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Operator PvP with no void powers is Corpus Crewman PvP. It's been suggested before, people nodded at each other, decided that would be a decent game (but not Warframe) and left again. It's not something I'd play, and it's not something I'd want eating up dev time.

Duviiri may not be focusing on Warframe this time around but it still be part of the lore and its up to yourself or developers on how u creative u can be like...

Giving the operator each warframe ‘s first ability like... Valkitty,Frost,Ember,Excal and plenty more.

24 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Duviiri may not be focusing on Warframe this time around but it still be part of the lore and its up to yourself or developers on how u creative u can be like...

Giving the operator each warframe ‘s first ability like... Valkitty,Frost,Ember,Excal and plenty more.

What's with all these non-sequiteurs you keep throwing out? People try to discuss something with you, and you just say the names of future updates like that means anything in this context. Please, explain yourself.

With all due respect, the vast majority of people that play this game do not like, care for, or want PvP. DE saw this, saw only that a tiny percentage of the community played it, saw it cut into their figures and harmed more then helped, and moved away from it. If they hadn't of I have a feeling this game wouldn't be where it is today, which is to say in a better place.

1 hour ago, Iamabearlulz said:

What's with all these non-sequiteurs you keep throwing out? People try to discuss something with you, and you just say the names of future updates like that means anything in this context. Please, explain yourself.

What Im just saying this all ties up from DE perspective from Duviiri Paradox what happens when tenno ran out his powers? Then how a tenno defends himself?

It sounds gibberish but in the end of the day, I'm giving you an idea on how to solve those flaws your throwing at.

Example :Your Question: No Warframe = Boring.

My Answer:  Then why not create a gear that can copy one of Warframe abilities to use in the PvP 

It feels like I'm the ones who proposing "Warframe" and the people" dislikes" the idea saying... This game is gonna fail XD

Why not give a try it has potentail afterall

Edited by LoriSei

55 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

With all due respect, the vast majority of people that play this game do not like, care for, or want PvP. DE saw this, saw only that a tiny percentage of the community played it, saw it cut into their figures and harmed more then helped, and moved away from it. If they hadn't of I have a feeling this game wouldn't be where it is today, which is to say in a better place.

Cuz the overall game mode was either to complex, clunky, very fast,and too futuristic to relate in IRL and also was lock on a progression wall, plus the mods give slight advanatage for veterans in the game, which nowhere a new player can play enjoyably.

Edited by LoriSei

TBH all these Idea I'm getting was come from the game Halo Arena. Man I missed the old times. Before you say something that Warframe and HALO are different entity. I agree on that yeah, but what seperate them aparts, is just the mechanics really XD

PvP Halo stick into its simplicity over complexity, and the overall outcome was just fun. However, PvP in Warframe the game sort does the opposite, and u know when u jump into the game first time. you have very less chance of it winning and always had the highest deaths in KDA.

Destiny 2 knows this exactly what to do and try to apply it into their game. My first experience in the PvP was just mind blowing on how good the game mechanics was, and was wondering why Warframe doesn't do the same, or maybe they been lock by the games mechanic eversince.

I know all of this because I've played Warframe for 2000+hrs now like u guys waiting for the update and was stuck in the region chat XD

I rather have somthing that can switch between PvE to PvP the if I got frustrated I go back play PvE again. Simple XD

If u said 2000 is not enough, but tbh I'm really effiecient how to use my time properly 🙂

Edited by LoriSei

On 2019-10-26 at 11:31 PM, JackHargreav said:

No pvp please.

I always hated pvp and in warframe it can't be executed without adding a lot of limitations.

Not a lot of limitations would be needed if they gave practical changes instead of simple nerfs (like keeping speed, but give aim assist to compensate).

But welp, the more balanced something is, the less likely it will be restricted. Operators are kinda that in the balance scale.

Edited by ByroSphere