Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what Melee is good now?

Zekkii

I would say that every melee that does damage is good because range mods are now meters based, and not % based, but i didn't play with every single melee, but what i can say is that venka prime is pretty good and galatine prime too

EDIT: You also need to relearn the new combo system

Edited by ThomasT75
add info without doing another post

12 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

What melee are you finding success with after the update, and why?

Glaives seem to be significantly better than before, also any crit weapon with forced bleed on heavy attack. Also Exodia Brave, probably (not tried yet) Exodia Contagion.

Paracesis seems pretty great.  Gram P is even better than before, though Tempo Royale seems wonkier to me (could be placebo from all the threads about other stances)  Pattern I'm seeing is we knocked polearms out of meta and are coming back full-circle to heavy blades.  Not that that's a bad thing, but it will be pretty hilarious if they go to all this trouble only to have 3/4 the playerbase using a Gram/Galatine/Paracesis, maybe the 2-handed nikana (haven't tried it) 1/3 only using the min-maxed best of them.  

I did see Lesion got almost 3x the base range, so Im about to test it out with CO and 100% status build, though it looks like its going to be pretty great.

Edit: my mistake.  Lesion went from 1.5 to 2.7, so not as much range as I thought.

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65

Work has prevented me from getting into testing, but there be a lot of weapons I'm excited to revisit. Specifically, any weapons that were given a significant Crit and/or Status chance buff up from not having either of those above 10%. The jury's still out on general Dagger effectiveness, but the Karyst now has some IPS and over 30% SC, and the Fang Prime actually has stats reflective of a Prime weapon. I'm probably gonna hit those first when I can get to my PC.