Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Kuva lich is a bad idea.

DarkKillerHunter

3 hours ago, DarkKillerHunter said:

As a player, who dont like to farm kuva, or use rivens.

I find the new lich boss, as a  large problem. Because as I can see it, as a player who dont like to farm kuva, or unlock relics. I am now forced to do those things, because with this new system, I am FORCED. To play gamemodes I do not enjoy, just to get the loot I came to that planet for, or else over half will be taken from me.

I found that as a huge turn off for me, if I need to farm for a set of mods, farm for the relics for those mods, fight a boss. AND THEN I can get those 100 hexon I came for.

You don't need to farm kuva for these... you DO need to farm relics though, which only drop from kuva flood missions....

But hey if you don't enjoy it, then don't do it...? You don't have to do EVERYTHING in the game.  You don't need to get a lich to farm hexenon... you don't even need to get a lich, if you don't enjoy the game mode. Just stop doing it. 

I think you might be over-complicating it for yourself, or you might not even understand how this game-mode works.  What makes you think you have to farm kuva to get hexenon? 

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 hours ago, DarkKillerHunter said:

yeah complaining when it isnt well told how this mechanic works.

All of it is literally on the patch notes, and they've also talked about it on three separate videos...They've discussed it on tennocon, on a devstream, and on two prime-time videos. They've already done their part on spreading the info, you need to do your part to listen or read it. 

It's not their fault if you don't bother to read, or listen to the content they've already posted. You can't blame them, if you're the one who doesn't bother to read or take the time to learn about it. That's your fault for not bothering to read the patch notes, or look up info on the sites where they post the info. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, SailingSilky said:

So this isn't true. It can steal from you in the normal missions also. From sorties and kuva siphons/floods too! Possibly relic missions also but haven't tried though yet.

If you clear a node, it can still steal from you on that node in the normal mission. That part might be a bug though.

It can only seal from you, if it has influence in that planet... and only if it has influence on there. If you've already removed his influence, then he can't tax you on there anymore unless they level up again and re-gain their influence by killing you. 

It can't steal from you in systems (planets) where it doesn't have any nodes under their influence

I believe it can steal anything on the final rewards screen, but you do get everything back. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

6 hours ago, DarkKillerHunter said:

As a player, who dont like to farm kuva, or use rivens.

I find the new lich boss, as a  large problem. Because as I can see it, as a player who dont like to farm kuva, or unlock relics. I am now forced to do those things, because with this new system, I am FORCED. To play gamemodes I do not enjoy, just to get the loot I came to that planet for, or else over half will be taken from me.

I found that as a huge turn off for me, if I need to farm for a set of mods, farm for the relics for those mods, fight a boss. AND THEN I can get those 100 hexon I came for.

what is it with this bloody community and #*!%ing *@##$ing about "oh im forced to play this, This is too hard. i cant do that!"
you are forced to fight the stalker.. thats about it. an thats only cos he locks the doors. 
SO if you dont wanna do it.. then dont. 
nothing in this game is hard.
and if you cant do it... adapt and learn. 

this new lich system is actually fantastic. of everything this yr they have done. this and hIldryn have been the best things! 
the lich system can be by passed. 

THIS is a great addition. it is adding more to the game, for the first time in 4 months i have sat down and Enjoyed playing warframe. the higher level mobs. the new shinny things. all round.. this is something the game has desperately needed. AND i have played for 6hrs and not finished it all. this is a Big thing for DE atm, they have done something pretty damn good. Along side Ember being great again!

but if you dont like kuva, relics and rivens.... you know destiny is FTP now right?

5 hours ago, SailingSilky said:

So this isn't true. It can steal from you in the normal missions also. From sorties and kuva siphons/floods too! Possibly relic missions also but haven't tried though yet.

If you clear a node, it can still steal from you on that node in the normal mission. That part might be a bug though.

It seems I stand corrected then! Hopefully it is a bug, but I guess they don’t want you to just flat out ignore the Lich. 

The whole new system adds nothing new to player experience.

Parazon modding system is punishing rather than rewarding.

Robbery makes players hate DE instead of the lich thing.

Kuva weapons are trashy.

We aren't that silly. We know it when we see something stupid.

This entire system is just too much. After coming back from their content drought and being excited for this system I am welcomed with Weaponized Rivens, RNG nested in more RNG, with a mountain of grind... and way more.

This system of "spawn a lich and kill it" is like 5 steps too long. Spawning it is only based on the person who kills it, so there goes co-op. Getting the relics (which can be robbed from you) is a gross misuse of the Kuva tiles (as a player who has never and will never use a riven in this game). Ontop of that popping the relics (again, those mods can be stolen from you) is also RNG.... ontop of that you need to kill 50 or more servants to get EACH of the killphrases... and there's only about 3-10 that spawn per mission.... this whole thing just spells "we want you to buy it because we've been losing money for not putting out content"...

Until the siphons get at LEAST a 50% drop chance, the relics get removed entirely, and the servant killing gets halved I don't think I am coming back to warframe... which is a real shame because I was looking forward to being one of the first to MR28.

I am with the OP on this one.  I understand the game mode is optional and I hope to hell that I don’t accidentally kill a larva and start a lich.  

This may be cynical, but the whole steal resources until you grind to get them back OR pay for a new relic pack has the appearance of an awful monetization scheme.   It’s like adding grind to a game to convince some people to pay for convenience items.   Sure, it is completely optional since you have to kill the larva to opt in, but how many players are going to kill the larva not understanding what it means (later when this is all a standard part of the game) and then find many of the nodes they need taken over by the lich, which steals their resources.  Some of those people are just going to drop plat on the requiem relics because they refuse to face the grind.  

That all sounds very negative I know.  From my own point of view I will be avoiding the lich like the plague.  I don’t have time to do all the missions I want to do, never mind grinding dozens of missions to get mods and murmurs to get back resources that were mine in the first place.  

I actually don't understand what you guys mean by grind. Sure it's grindy to kill your lich but it's not that bad. You get T5 relics fairly easy and the drop rate on the mods aren't that bad. It takes an hour AT MOST to figure out which mods you need to kill the guy. All you have to do then is find out the order and you're done. Then you get a nice weapon out of it.

I'm not gonna complain about free content.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I am with the OP on this one.  I understand the game mode is optional and I hope to hell that I don’t accidentally kill a larva and start a lich.  

This may be cynical, but the whole steal resources until you grind to get them back OR pay for a new relic pack has the appearance of an awful monetization scheme.   It’s like adding grind to a game to convince some people to pay for convenience items.   Sure, it is completely optional since you have to kill the larva to opt in, but how many players are going to kill the larva not understanding what it means (later when this is all a standard part of the game) and then find many of the nodes they need taken over by the lich, which steals their resources.  Some of those people are just going to drop plat on the requiem relics because they refuse to face the grind.  

That all sounds very negative I know.  From my own point of view I will be avoiding the lich like the plague.  I don’t have time to do all the missions I want to do, never mind grinding dozens of missions to get mods and murmurs to get back resources that were mine in the first place.  

to be fair, the resources they steal are a pitifull amount,  of 90 endo they steal 5

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wswd009 said:

The whole new system adds nothing new to player experience.

Parazon modding system is punishing rather than rewarding.

Robbery makes players hate DE instead of the lich thing.

Kuva weapons are trashy.

We aren't that silly. We know it when we see something stupid.

The new update isn't for new players. Pretty sure you have to be a certain level to even start this. And isn't it a good thing it doesnt affect new players? There's already enough newer player content and stuff for them to do in my opinion. It's not like they have nothing to do. This new system is for people who has progressed which is why you have to have finished The War Within quest to even start ( I think thats the right quest), 

4 hours ago, -ZechFate- said:

This entire system is just too much. After coming back from their content drought and being excited for this system I am welcomed with Weaponized Rivens, RNG nested in more RNG, with a mountain of grind... and way more.

This system of "spawn a lich and kill it" is like 5 steps too long. Spawning it is only based on the person who kills it, so there goes co-op. Getting the relics (which can be robbed from you) is a gross misuse of the Kuva tiles (as a player who has never and will never use a riven in this game). Ontop of that popping the relics (again, those mods can be stolen from you) is also RNG.... ontop of that you need to kill 50 or more servants to get EACH of the killphrases... and there's only about 3-10 that spawn per mission.... this whole thing just spells "we want you to buy it because we've been losing money for not putting out content"...

Until the siphons get at LEAST a 50% drop chance, the relics get removed entirely, and the servant killing gets halved I don't think I am coming back to warframe... which is a real shame because I was looking forward to being one of the first to MR28.

Once again you don't have to do this stuff if you don't like what it has to offer like many others are saying. If you hate having to play a game then just don't play. The game isnt forcing you to get the relics, or get a kuva daddy, If they wanted to they could have easily just made it so when you log in you automatically get a boss. Would that help you so you dont have to grind for one?

Well you don't actually HAVE to fight the Kuva Lich. If you don't fight him, he will only stay on one planet and take 5% of your resources when you complete a mission on that planet. He starts taking mods and actual items only if you level him up to about 4 which once again, you can just choose not to do. Tbh, the only reason you'd actually want the lich gone is his conversations when you enter the game/starchart. You can also just entirely get rid of him by sending him to your clanmates. And if your point is that you want to FIGHT the lich, but don't want to GRIND for it, well...  You are playing a game known in the community as a Farming SImulator. What else did you expect? I for one really enjoyed fighting my Lich, since all of the missions you have to grind on have enemies of at least level 50+ and after you level the Lich enough they become 100+ which means you can do all of your normal missions that aren't survivals, sorties or arbitrations, with actually challenging opponents. And getting the relics through Kuva missions isn't actually as bad as it seems, if you have 3 relics and go with a team you are almost guaranteed to get 3 requiem mods. They don't have to be the mods you need at all, the entire trading chat is currently filled with people who want to trade requiem mods that they don't need for the ones they do. Imo this is the closest Warframe has ever gotten to getting an endgame. The only complaints I have is that the Kuva weapons aren't all that great, you can't really choose the weapon you'd want to get, converting the Kuva Lich to your side kind of sucks since he only shows up rarely and you can't even summon him.

Edited by Firewhite1234

9 hours ago, Rare-devil said:

to be fair, the resources they steal are a pitifull amount,  of 90 endo they steal 5

Pretty much this.

And it's even said you'll get all of your resources back if you defeat them (it used to be 'most', but DE might have backpedaled). I'm not bothered by them stealing 10% of randomly selected resources at best, and if you do get 100% of your stolen resources back, I'm not even bothered if they steal a valuable rare mod.

They're piggy-banks, you gotta bust it open.

The only thing right now that pissed me off way too hard to a point where i nearly Alt+F4 was simply the forced death of yourself, if he attacks you in a mission while you do not have the requirements to kill him yet.

Of course i down him, see him being able to be attacked and what happens? He instakills you.
Great. It sounds odd, but it turns me extremely off if i get killed in a game. Especially towards bullS#&$. 
Now of course i know, that i will never ever go near him trying to attack him and i kinda had it in mind, that i am probably unable to really kill him already, but i didn't expect HIM to INSTAGIB me. I thought he does these kind attacks if he grabs you or you get downed.
At least give the player a chance to avoid him instakilling you.

Seriously. It sounds odd as i said, but that really put me off from playing the game right now. And i am close to closing it. 
(It is like these games where your death absolutely means nothing and you just stand up again. Minecraft normal mode, Terraria etc.)
And i often delete that character afterwards.

So please. Don't do that to newer players who don't know that he will kill them. Give them a chance to fend it off.

Le 01/11/2019 à 22:45, Rare-devil a dit :

I had my Lich steal about 90% of my ressources so I fear it is RNG based.

My personal issue isn't that or the Liches existence, it is the GRIND they imply : 
Getting them ? Fine grind. 
Fighting them ? Fine grind. 
Gathering the Requiem mods ? NOT fine grind at all. Getting a requiem mod in and of itself is not hard, but the fact it has LIMITED uses is NOT good at all, that is the first time I see a mod having a limit in existence, and that is not good with me. I got that mod, I worked to get in on my arsenal of choices, I want to be able to hunt the Kuva Lich, not NEED to hunt for mods constantly just to play the fight that I like and want to fight.

The Kuva Lich fight in and of itself is interesting, I got bullied by someone else's Lich because it happened to be near impervious to my gear, that persistent round thing would then pursue me throughout the whole mission (thanks player who didn't want to have it rank up...) and thrash me about a hundred times making me more of a burden on my team than anything. Yet I found that fun, because I was in an Atlas and actively running away from something about two times smaller than myself, while five minutes prior in another mission I had just punched another into a wall One Punch Man style.
I4d like to experience this fight without feeling the burden of the grind needed to put an end to it.

Yesterday i played the entire day and couldn't get a single kuva larvaling to spawn by doing sorties, fissures etc. I even had to follow community guides and go solo on a exterminate mission to make mine spawn.

You are not forced to do any of this stuff literally, not even kill your kuva larvaling. You did this all yourself, no one could possibly have forced you to do any of this stuff. Your post is just bull from the beggining to the end as you can't even picture how the kuva lich mechanics work.

• 3 weeks later...

The only things that annoy me with the lich are

1. The fact that finding the correct requiem order to kill your lich is luck based as this whole system was a perfect opportunity to put some good puzzle solving , it was like an holy grail on a red cushion if you ask me

2. The fact that it kill you when you don't have the correct requiem order , i make it a personal challenge in games to avoid dying so being forced to die like this goes against my gaming standards 

I hate this lich system. I spent the past few weeks getting carried through missions to get murmurs. After i got all those, i spent another few days mostly getting carried through the missions to get the relics i need to possibly have a chance at getting the mod i need. Ive also been asked to leave squads becuase i didnt have the void traces to radiant my relic. Ive had this game for a month. Im honestly pretty #*!%ing sick of the game. it used to be fun and i tried to ignore my lich, then it started stealing my sortie rewards or any other small thing i need. Its extremely anti new player. All everyone cares to say is "get better" or some other unhelpful nonsense. Look, at a low MR level you dont have the mods to tackle this. If you dont believe me; take off your primal mods and lower your equipment to MR10 grade gear. No rare mods. try to farm kuva, go put on your basic amp with no mods. Its #*!%ing bullS#&$.

I Feel really sorry for new players that have been let near lich's before there properly equipped to handle content, such as lich's, war within was to lower threshold for access to lich's. DE really should add all the current quest, and a focus school maxed, as thresholds. This would allow player enough time to develop there skills, farm the equipment, mods, arcanes etc. Veterans take for granted. Lish's are not hard if you are at the right stage of warframe to play the mode. As for void traces there a big discrepancy between whats earned and whats now needed having to use 5 relics for 100 traces is not right.

Le 01/12/2019 à 11:58, (PS4)camwyn-xenos a dit :

I Feel really sorry for new players that have been let near lich's before there properly equipped to handle content, such as lich's, war within was to lower threshold for access to lich's. DE really should add all the current quest, and a focus school maxed, as thresholds. This would allow player enough time to develop there skills, farm the equipment, mods, arcanes etc. Veterans take for granted. Lish's are not hard if you are at the right stage of warframe to play the mode. As for void traces there a big discrepancy between whats earned and whats now needed having to use 5 relics for 100 traces is not right.

All quests yes, maxed out Focus school please no... I'd loose access to it. I don't have the ressource in Focus to max out a Focus yet with my play style... And I've been around since its creation.
Side note, I don't even own an arcane either, I just make due with modding and it is enough work already for me not to want to have to farm for those modifiers.

I've found there's a significant plus to having a lich. If you have reached max capacity on void traces and have some on your lich, getting those traces from him get added to your traces. 

As in if I have 1450/1450 traces, and I get 200 from my lich after killing him, the amount goes to 1650/1450.

See where I am going with this? Stack your liches with ridicilous amounts of traces, and at some point have like 10k when you decide to vanquish/convert the lich