Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the recent update

Lazframe

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

why should i? your entitled to your own opinion of others even if it's incorrect. sorry, but i'm not that obsessed with myself to try to make everyone like me. 

Said Mr "ppl who run endurance have no life". hmkay! You sound just like a bad troll by now.

7 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

Said Mr "ppl who run endurance have no life". hmkay! You sound just like a bad troll by now.

okay please qoute the place i said had no lifes? im pritty sure i said jobless lifeless which is a fact if you don't have a means to get money your probably already dead. hence the only people who don't have lifes are dead yes?

the only one who said that was 

49 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

someone who doesn't have job / life..

you be barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by hazerddex

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

who the hell does 5 hour endurance? i do a hour long at most. who the hell has time for  5 hour endurance with jobs, family obligations etc.

Basicly this.....and believe it or not: even I do 2 hour runs (and would have loved to go longer but couldnt because I lacked the skill to do so yet) and I work from 9 to 6-7. I have a working social life as well. No family obligations though. And even if I had only time for 30 minute runs: I would still respect ppl for being able to run 4-5 hours. At that point literally everything 1 hits you, that sh*t is on the level of AGDQ level of skill. If people wanna do it hell, they should do it. They don't hurt my gaming experience even the slightest and give me a goal for endgame.  

5 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

Basicly this.....and believe it or not: even I do 2 hour runs (and would have loved to go longer but couldnt because I lacked the skill to do so yet) and I work from 9 to 6-7. I have a working social life as well. No family obligations though. And even if I had only time for 30 minute runs: I would still respect ppl for being able to run 4-5 hours. At that point literally everything 1 hits you, that sh*t is on the level of AGDQ level of skill. If people wanna do it hell, they should do it. They don't hurt my gaming experience even the slightest and give me a goal for endgame.  

that's not saying they have no lifes so again your point mr. assumption? thats me asking the credibility of 5 hour runs.

and 2 hour runs are not 5 hour runs.

they don't hurt your gaming experience, but that doesn't mean DE should be obligated to support runs up to 24 hours. that's something a player choose to do, but not what DE should be expected to balance around.

on that point i think it's unfair to DE and many players in general to ask them to only focus on the few people that do 5 to 8 hour runs rather then the many that do not. 

and then call them out of touch with the community.

Edited by hazerddex

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

that's not saying they have no lifes so again your point mr. assumption? thats me asking the credibility of 5 hour runs.

and 2 hour runs are not 5 hour runs.

For what purpose aside from trolling? People do things because they can. It's that easy. And I'd do a 5 h if I could, i gladly run 2 2h right after another to maybe get a few mins more. There is no purpose in this game so ppl make their own purposes. Should be obvious enough.

Edited by Cha0zb0rn

5 hours ago, ant99999 said:

The second is relative power creep, when the new guns have flat out better stats than old, just because they're new. And this thing must be avoided at all cost, no matter how seductive it can be for the devs, because that is what will ruin the balance of any game eventually, and guess what, will lead to threads like this one.

Yes and no. I explained already why it's necessary. What you said is true, it will destoy the balance of the game eventually. But that's irrelevant, every online game has a limited lifespan and either slowly withers away until it dies or it gets outright replaced with a sequel. The mechanics and balance don't have to be perfect and eternal, they just need to be good enough to last long enough. If they're going to get tossed aside and replaced with something new in a few years anyway, there's no point trying to make them bulletproof. DE goes about this in a farily unique way in that it just keeps updating the game instead of releasing sequels, but the idea's the same. We've had a major weapon rebalance not that long ago, and we're on what, parkour 2.0, star chart 3.0, melee 3.0, and I could go on. It doesn't matter if stuff breaks over time, it's all getting replaced over time anyway.

that might sound idealistic, because it is, and that kind of power creep is inevitable

No, it's not. It's just simple stat numbers, if devs wanted, they could do what you suggest very easily and have zero power creep. And I'm not talking just about DE, I'm talking about literally every successful online game developer ever, including MMORPGs that raise the level cap with every expansion and such. They choose not to avoid power creep because they know it's a terrible idea because of the reasons I've outlined above and in my previous post.

If your online game is completely built around a progession system that the player uses to acquire more and more power, then there can never be an end to that, because reaching that end would mean finishing the game, and your players would just leave to play a different one. That's why player counts go down between updates, because people get all the good stuff there is, so they just leave. If you want them back, you have to give them more good stuff, except "good" is now relative to what they got last time. If you choose to not give them any good stuff ever again, they're never coming back, simple as that.

Now to the Rivens. The idea of automated balancing mechanism is great. The thing is that for some reason DE never intended them to be one (if only I knew why) because the variable which they chose to adjust the power of them wasn't the weapons' strength, it wasn't DPS, it wasn't crit or status chances, no, it was popularity.

That's based on the idea that weapon popularity is be based weapon power, which seems very reasonable to me. Rather than try to come up with some formula to calculate weapon power, DE simply lets its players vote on which weapons are strong by using them. It's basically crowdsourced play testing and ranking. You know those tier lists people make? Those are the opinion of one guy. Usage statistics are the opinion of the entire player base.

Where exactly did they balance around the endurance runners ever? The most difficult content in the game are arbitrations and sorties, maybe eidolon hunts. All that stuff was never balanced toward an endurance runner. PPL who prior to the patch had min maxed their loadout cut through those missions like a hot knife through butter and DE never raised the difficulty or had plans to do so. Endurance runners live in their own little bubble and do whats fun for them. This is not a competitive game, arbitrations and sorties were a challenge for the average player and still are and in the same way those missions still are a joke to veterans... Nothing has changed.

The only thing that has changed is that high end geared ppl got gated for no reason. If DE actually released content that added long term challenge to the game that required the balance to be overall normalized than I woulndt advocate against the nerf. But as it is ppl need to make their own endgame. And we just lost a big way of doing so. Nothing more, nothing less.

And considering how little content DE provided during the last 2 years I don't see anything big and gamechanging coming in the next 2 years. And if they leave the game as it is right now I don't see the game having anybody left to play that new content. Hell, nobody even wants to stream this game anymore due to lack of content.....

Edited by Cha0zb0rn

2 minutes ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

nope but I don't fall for big marketing talk anymore. the sacrefice was pretty underwhelming considering how much hype DE created....and how long did it last?

the reason the sacrifice was hyped at all was people were obsessed with excal umbra. it delivered exactly what i expected xecal umbra and some nice lore stuff. i didn't expact some game changing thing from it when we already knew they had a major Cinematic quest in the works and the sacrifice was not it.

and the empyrean update is not a cinematic quest

Edited by hazerddex

1 минуту назад, Cha0zb0rn сказал:

nope but I don't fall for big marketing talk anymore. the sacrefice was pretty underwhelming considering how much hype DE created....and how long did it last?

Sacrifice was a cinematic quest. I see people debating its afterwards even nowadays, discussing and arguing. It created a pretty huge impact for something so heavily lore related.

We'll see. Guess we can speculate over this as much as we want. I for sure wont get into hype this time. If I get positively surprised its a good thing but I learned not to expect anything the fhard way. Kuva liches are another good example of this. All those layers of rng are just disgusting....they really should have learned from Rivens....

1 minute ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

We'll see. Guess we can speculate over this as much as we want. I for sure wont get into hype this time. If I get positively surprised its a good thing but I learned not to expect anything the fhard way. Kuva liches are another good example of this. All those layers of rng are just disgusting....they really should have learned from Rivens....

the kuva liches are fine i feel it's the requiem relics that need the fix (they should either not use void traces (and use kuva instead.) or DE needs to buff how many void traces we get.)

2 minutes ago, ThousandLights said:

Sacrifice was a cinematic quest. I see people debating its afterwards even nowadays, discussing and arguing. It created a pretty huge impact for something so heavily lore related.

Sure but gameplaywise the introduced mechanics seem to have entirely scrapped. Haven't seen anything umbra related ever since....except from the occasional umbra forma int he nightwave....

The liches themselves are ok, but the relics are annoying and the weapons will inevitably lead to another wave of min max craze while being gated behind layers of RNG. I for sure wont hunt more than maybe a handful before getting bored to death by disappearing mods that need to be farmed over and over. It's like ok-ish for a couple tries but will get old REALLY fast.

25 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

I can now kill stuff with a Dakra Prime. Anything and everything you say OP about melee is irrelevant.

With CO you could have killed level 200 mobs easily even before.....it feels better now due to the stance rework but the number still were a lot higher before.

1 hour ago, Cha0zb0rn said:

2.) Why are you even in favor of this rework?

Because DE can do no wrong in their eyes, lol

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

thats me asking the credibility of 5 hour runs.

Why do you care what other people want to do with their time?  Christ... Its a video game, none of it is credible... to/for/of ANYTHING... Because WF is not real.  None of it matters in the grand scheme, just like all of our miserable lives in relation to the wrinkled hands of time.  If people want to waste 5 hours, good for them for finding joy in something.  

8 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Because DE can do no wrong in their eyes, lol

Why do you care what other people want to do with their time?  Christ... Its a video game, none of it is credible... to/for/of ANYTHING... Because WF is not real.  None of it matters in the grand scheme, just like all of our miserable lives in relation to the wrinkled hands of time.  If people want to waste 5 hours, good for them for finding joy in something.  

if anything the forums are more DE can do no right i see more people compaling.  then approving 90% of the time.

it's not my buisness but DE shouldn't be expected to support 5 hour runs which are considered unhealthy.

Edited by hazerddex