Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with R100+ mobs.

BethTheBean

Question

18 answers to this question

Yeah I’ve been having the same problem with my hek that has a similar build and can handle sortie enemies with ease but it is terrible against enemies on lich missions. It did seem like my fire-crit modded broken war was doing a bit more damage though so maybe lich enemies are resistant to status?

Edited by Countryartist65
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-02 at 5:58 AM, Countryartist65 said:

Yeah I’ve been having the same problem with my hek that has a similar build and can handle sortie enemies with ease but it is terrible against enemies on lich missions. It did seem like my fire-crit modded broken war was doing a bit more damage though so maybe lich enemies are resistant to status?

Hmm.

That's some food-for-thought.

if you want to use Plasmor for actually dealing Damage, you'll want to use full Elementals, and you'll want to probably give up on using Crits.
the Crits are passable for big groups of Enemies as atleast a few will actually get hit by a Crit. but on a single Enemy or low Enemy counts, the Gun only shoots at like 0.9/sec, and the 40% (or 50% if you have a strong Riven) is simply not great for a single Enemy to say the least.
that doesn't mean you can't use Crits, but if you do you'll just have to always assume that to deal good Damage that you'll need to shoot 1 / Crit Chance number of times to deal the Damage that you expect. so at 42% you expect to need to shoot 2-3 times to do good Damage.

though for me i'd probably give up on Crits and go for more Elemental Damage. 3 90% Elementals, and Primed Charged Shell. peak Damage wouldn't be quite as high as Crits could potentially be, but much more consistent.
at the very least though, use full Elementals - if you're trying to do high Damage, using low Damage Mods is counter-intuitive. use Primed Charged Shell too ofcourse (when the Damage Types that you will be Modding for matches it).

On 2019-11-02 at 5:58 AM, Countryartist65 said:

maybe lich enemies are resistant to status?

it's not like there are any Status Effects being used in this Thread that actually deal any Damage anyways. neither Radiation nor Corrosive have any DoT's.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

IMHO, Arca Plasmor is not a very good weapon for a critical build. Instead of Vigilante fervor, you can use Shotgun spazz for higher fire rate. And even if you go for crits, Laser sights give better bonus than Blunderbuss. Blaze will give higher damage boost that Vigilante armaments. It also might be worth it to swap Ravage or its primed version for Primed charged shell for more corrosive and huge and consistent damage numbers.

Edited by akots

On 2019-11-03 at 7:40 PM, taiiat said:

if you want to use Plasmor for actually dealing Damage, you'll want to use full Elementals, and you'll want to probably give up on using Crits.
the Crits are passable for big groups of Enemies as atleast a few will actually get hit by a Crit. but on a single Enemy or low Enemy counts, the Gun only shoots at like 0.9/sec, and the 40% (or 50% if you have a strong Riven) is simply not great for a single Enemy to say the least.
that doesn't mean you can't use Crits, but if you do you'll just have to always assume that to deal good Damage that you'll need to shoot 1 / Crit Chance number of times to deal the Damage that you expect. so at 42% you expect to need to shoot 2-3 times to do good Damage.

though for me i'd probably give up on Crits and go for more Elemental Damage. 3 90% Elementals, and Primed Charged Shell. peak Damage wouldn't be quite as high as Crits could potentially be, but much more consistent.
at the very least though, use full Elementals - if you're trying to do high Damage, using low Damage Mods is counter-intuitive. use Primed Charged Shell too ofcourse (when the Damage Types that you will be Modding for matches it).

it's not like there are any Status Effects being used in this Thread that actually deal any Damage anyways. neither Radiation nor Corrosive have any DoT's.

On 2019-11-03 at 7:58 PM, akots said:

IMHO, Arca Plasmor is not a very good weapon for a critical build. Instead of Vigilante fervor, you can use Shotgun spazz for higher fire rate. And even if you go for crits, Laser sights give better bonus than Blunderbuss. Blaze will give higher damage boost that Vigilante armaments. It also might be worth it to swap Ravage or its primed version for Primed charged shell for more corrosive and huge and consistent damage numbers.

I just read both of your suggestions, so this partial build is on-the-fly. Please let me know if I'm heading in the right direction, and how I should proceed. 

cJeqwm4.jpg

With plasmor you have two options :

- a) Go for full elemental damage , corrosion and fire

- b) go for crit and hunter munitions build

Either way both builds work , additionaly you can ditch plasmor and go for corint crit hunter munitions build no status

this reminds me of the time I tried to get rid of the Ancient Eximus infested deathsquad with Arca Plasmor... let's say it was just a bad idea (hits like a wet noodle on single target).
But I think it's okay, we have plenty of weapons to choose if we want to maximize damage on single target...

On 2019-11-03 at 7:58 PM, akots said:

Blaze will give higher damage boost that Vigilante armaments.

assuming that the Enemy will be weak to Fire or something you can combine Fire with, that is. if not, Vigilante Armaments is an average 27% Damage increase, while Blaze 22%.

6 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I just read both of your suggestions, so this partial build is on-the-fly. Please let me know if I'm heading in the right direction, and how I should proceed.

depends on if the Enemies you'll be shooting at will be weak to Blast or the opposite. if they are then that'll be alright, but if they aren't then you'll probably be better served with Fire/Ice on its own if you're going to use Corrosive.

(probably Ice if we're shooting at Armored Enemies, as Plasmor is certainly not going to apply enough Corrosive Status to remove 75%+ the Armor of an Enemy)

if the Enemy is going to take poop Damage from Blast, then in such situations you can use Vicious Spread in its place (or Vigilante Armaments if you have reason to hate Vicious Spread on Plasmor, idk why you would but just mentioning).

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

assuming that the Enemy will be weak to Fire or something you can combine Fire with, that is. if not, Vigilante Armaments is an average 27% Damage increase, while Blaze 22%.

I think you might be confused, at least this is not what in-game stats show. Try the same loadout as in OP and see for yourself.

1 hour ago, akots said:

I think you might be confused, at least this is not what in-game stats show. Try the same loadout as in OP and see for yourself.

2.65 + 0.6 == 3.25 / 2.65 == 1.2264
22.6% extra Damage from the Base Damage Bonus that Blaze offers.

try the Mods yourself? you add Mod#2 on and it's 22-23% (depending on the multiple rounding Errors that the Arsenal has) more Damage than you had before.

as well as...
2.2 + 0.6 == 2.8 / 2.2 == 1.2727
27.2% extra Damage from the Multi-Shot that Vigilante Armaments offers.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, akots said:

I think, you forgot about +60% heat. Blaze is +60% damage AND 60% heat.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

assuming that the Enemy will be weak to Fire or something you can combine Fire with, that is.

did you read?
because the statement was made that if the Enemy isn't weak to the other part of what Blaze offers, it is not particularly good.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

did you read?

Did you read what you wrote yourself? I think not because you simply threw away +60% fire like it is not damage. Well, it is damage 😉 and fire is actually a very good and versatile damage. I am really confused here with what you are trying to say which is, in my humble interpretation, that around +5% total damage is better than +60% fire damage. 🤣 So, fire damage is not damage, it is apparently something else.

Edited by akots

1 hour ago, akots said:

Did you read what you wrote yourself? I think not because you simply threw away +60% fire like it is not damage. Well, it is damage 😉 and fire is actually a very good and versatile damage. I am really confused here with what you are trying to say which is, in my humble interpretation, that around +5% total damage is better than +60% fire damage. 🤣 So, fire damage is not damage, it is apparently something else.

well, if the Enemy isn't weak to the Damage Type, it's.... well, not much Damage.
since this Plasmor is clearly optimizing towards Armored Enemies with the Damage Types chosen so far, and Plasmor doesn't have a hope in hell of significantly weakening Armor with Corrosive Status (shoots too slow / does too much Damage per Shot for that)...

so, get all kinds of excited about how effective Fire Damage is vs Armor (it's not, and you'd have to add Incendiary Coat in addition to Blaze for you to have enough Fire Damage that you might apply Fire Status sometimes to get the Armor weakening traits that it offers thesedays and even then the probability will be super low vs the Radiation/Corrosive that will get dramatically Multiplied vs the Armor and therefore be weighted a crazy amount higher than the Fire Damage, upwards of 4, 6, 8, 12x as likely - the delta only increases as Enemy Levels increase with 4x is around Lv 50 and you can ballpark adding 2x for every 10-15 Levels - than Fire Status because they get dramatically Multiplied up while the Fire dramatically Multiplied down).

+any% Damage that the Enemy is highly resistant to, cannot be better than +small% Damage that the Enemy actually takes a relevant amount of Damage from.
*micdrop*