Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make lich larva wield weapon lich will have

D06pblH9l

So we could chose whether we want that lich or not before giving mercy to a larva.

Because seriously, that's not even funny, I got 7 kuva weapons and 7!!!!! duplicates already, last 3 weapons were the ones I already had with S#&$ bonus % and not even for good weapons. Duplicates were tolerable before murmur farm nerf(shared murmur for lich attempts), but after the nerf they're not.

I personally will ignore lich game mode until something will be done. Did someone seriously think people will see all this RNG and spend their time in this mode?

Edited by D06pblH9l
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Would still have the RNG tied to it

Except it would DRASTICALLY reduce the prolonged loop of trying to get a lich with a weapon that you want. If there's anything like this, choosing the weapon you want or not getting duplicates or anything, you could pretty much be done with liches in days.

Too much grind is a bad thing, but going the opposite extreme doesn't help anyone either. In this instance, the system simply becomes a game of rerunning the same mission to spawn larvlings until you get to pick and choose which one you want, so there's very little RNG at all in comparison. Which will make people just not engage with it at all over a prolonged period, and become another piece of quick content that people burn through before the week is out. It's not just mechanically counterproductive: it's also thematically damaging. You're not fighting a threatening personal villain, you're just rerolling Telesto all day.

Also the fact that weapons likely aren't decided until the lich itself is actually generated. So probably not as much of a simple change.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Except it would DRASTICALLY reduce the prolonged loop of trying to get a lich with a weapon that you want.

That's the point. There's enough RNG with the Lich system as is.

I will concede that there needs to be a middle ground as to how to go about this, but what I can tell about this system so far is bad. I saw the math in another thread, we have to do, what, 40-something Liches just to get each weapon one time? That's a big bag of nope.

25 минут назад, AdunSaveMe сказал:

that people burn through before the week is out

Well guess what, I'm done with the content already in days, and I think more and more people will get tired of this nonsense and be done with it. Imagine all the duplicates when you got one or two weapons left to gain, it will be very hard for people to force themselves through such unrewarding content.

And that we are talking only about getting all weapons. Imagine the grind to get high bonus of the ones you liked.

Edited by D06pblH9l

I 100% wholeheartedly advocate for this. After my 5th Kuva Kraken duplicate, and my third Kuva Karak duplicate, with 14 or 15 lich kills, and still not even half the weapons possible gained, I would very much so like to see what my lich may spawn with before deciding to accept it and waste the time and resources fighting yet another duplicate wielder. And I've never gotten a kuva weapon with a higher bonus % than 31%.

Is partly why I ignore rivens for much the same reason, since it's do daily sortie for rng chance to get rng mod with rng challenge for rng mod stats.

With lich It's rng relic to farm rng murmur, to get rng enemy with rng weapon and rng bonus damage stat. It's just too much fighting against chance to get duplicates a multitude of times without wanting to simply quit and ignore it until kuva weapons are made tradable, and then just fork over some plat for them, like people do with rivens.

Edited by Lamour_Detruit

I am pretty sure that there will be some kind of mechanic to farm specific weapons. As it stands now the math for the 13 weapons is (plz correct if wrong)

Chance to get every weapon once on thirteen tries: 13/13 * 12/13 * ... * 1/13 = 20.5^-6  (one in 20 million, negative-value 0.99999795)

That means for 50% chance: 0.5 = 0.99999795^Number of tries

-> Number of tries ~ 338 121

So unless you want to kill more liches than the Bahamas have inhabitants you wont get all the weapons

21 hours ago, Salzstangl said:

I am pretty sure that there will be some kind of mechanic to farm specific weapons. As it stands now the math for the 13 weapons is (plz correct if wrong)

Chance to get every weapon once on thirteen tries: 13/13 * 12/13 * ... * 1/13 = 20.5^-6  (one in 20 million, negative-value 0.99999795)

That means for 50% chance: 0.5 = 0.99999795^Number of tries

-> Number of tries ~ 338 121

So unless you want to kill more liches than the Bahamas have inhabitants you wont get all the weapons

That's actually depressing. Would at least be nice to see an ephemera on one of the duplicate spawns. Getting the same kuva weapons after grinding relics, murmurs, and thralls for hours is very demoralizing. I know I went from being thrilled to fight liches, doing 4-5 a day, to only doing 1 today. And may or may not... heavily leaning on not... (since the current lich I spawned is yet another duplicate weapon with the literal exact same element damage bonus) ...even bother with fighting a lich anymore from now on.

Im gonna pass on Lich farming until they fix or change it. I really liked the whole Lich idea at first (finally had a reason to farm for stuff again) and i gotta say i was lucky getting 9 different weapons, but the past 10  or so liches only got me consecutive duplicates of Seer/Kraken/Stubba/Ogris. Im just gonna finish up the lich that is after me atm so it doesnt clog the planet and im done with it. 
I really like the solution OP suggested and i wish it was implemented into the game. Or better yet: additionally make it so that duplicates are only possible after you get all the weapons.
Right now it brings more disappointment and frustration than joy and feels like a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...